SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime

Transformers News: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime

Saturday, July 20th, 2013 4:26PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 45,360

Two new reveals were on display this afternoon in Hasbro's display area at SDCC. This time around it's the newest versions of the Transformers Prime Weaponizers Bumblebee and Optimus Prime in new Beast Hunters colors, packaging and with new accessories. Bumblebee even comes with a remolded head featuring his mouth! Check out these brand new pics of Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime by clicking here.

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime (1505187)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 20th, 2013 @ 4:44pm CDT
...So what - exactly - prompted the choice of changing only the color of red to green, and giving him the Ultimate toy's cleaver-sword?

I swear, I feel that they're just trying to set themselves up for failure with ending the PrimeBeast Hunters line.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime (1505188)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 20th, 2013 @ 4:51pm CDT
Prime actually looks good in green. 8)

Hope be has some voice clips actually recorded by Will Friedle. ;)
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime (1505189)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 20th, 2013 @ 4:53pm CDT
BB doesn't really "talk", does he? The title is misleading. If the toy had some voice clips, that might be interesting... but I still don't understand why I need giant BB's or Optimi.

Not being ungrateful, as we ARE getting Metroplex, but shouldn't this effort be devoted to a new, I don't know, Trypticon? =P~

I get that "kids love Optimus and BB!!!! :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: ", but in the simpler times of yesteryear, you would get far more excitement over a giant T-Rex TF that could turn into a city. :roll: Guess Hasbro knows kids better than anyone, and surely these will not warm the shelves into Xmas and beyond. Surely.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime (1505190)
Posted by Shegotron on July 20th, 2013 @ 4:58pm CDT
Optimus Prime? Or Johnny Canuck Prime? He looks like he should be wandering the North Cascades!
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime (1505191)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 20th, 2013 @ 5:00pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:BB doesn't really "talk", does he? The title is misleading. If the toy had some voice clips, that might be interesting...
Why would he not? He's gonna speak in the cartoon, he's remolded head with a mouth, and they've made other talking TF toys in the past.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime (1505192)
Posted by TulioDude on July 20th, 2013 @ 5:05pm CDT
Optimus looks like fun(HUGE SWORD!)
Reminds me of that conversation with Sabrblade about a green Optimus.

Bumblebee is very cool looking.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime (1505194)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 20th, 2013 @ 5:12pm CDT
GREEN Optimus Prime? Lol wut?

That Bee is awesome looking! I have the original Weaponiser Bee and I love it. There's high chances I'll buy it. However, what will it say? Bee-boop-pip-bee-bop?
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime (1505196)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 20th, 2013 @ 5:17pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:However, what will it say? Bee-boop-pip-bee-bop?
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime (1505198)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 20th, 2013 @ 5:21pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

My bad! :oops: The box adverts mention the talking. Why my doubt? Well, Optimus doesn't talk. #-o

I was also going to ask how many TF's in that scale have actually talked in the past. :???:
So it's a bit out of left field, IMO - but I understand: the focus on BB's speech event in Prime. Personally, I just don't see how BB talking is a great way to end the show... but I guess I can only be amazed (at this point) by either fantastic writing or amazing self-confidence from the writers. :roll: The writing has been quite good in the past, but sometimes when you slip, you fall hard on your face. :GHOST:
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime (1505199)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 20th, 2013 @ 5:22pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:However, what will it say? Bee-boop-pip-bee-bop?

Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime (1505200)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 20th, 2013 @ 5:22pm CDT

There's doubt that the toy will 'talk'?
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime (1505214)
Posted by SG Roadbuster on July 20th, 2013 @ 6:27pm CDT
Hmm so Bee talks now, but I don't see the weaponiser gatling guns. methinks his torso has been remolded with an new sound box. allthough i'm not sure why they'd do it to bee and not prime.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime (1505216)
Posted by Shockwave7 on July 20th, 2013 @ 6:32pm CDT
Oh joy. ANOTHER Bumblebee figure. Because, ya know, we just don't have enough of those already.

So far the BH line has been a big 'no thanks' as far as I'm concerned. Thank goodness they made the beast armor for shockwave optional.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime (1505217)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 20th, 2013 @ 6:32pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:
There's doubt that the toy will 'talk'?

Not if you read my second post (which mentions the advert before your gratuitous cropping! ;) ).

EDIT: Sorry, that looks like an official Seibertron pic. So no credits to you! :lol:
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime (1505221)
Posted by Breakdown318 on July 20th, 2013 @ 7:05pm CDT
Since I passed on the first weaponizer bumblebee I will be getting this one, because to me it looks so much better in black.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime (1505232)
Posted by sixshot20 on July 20th, 2013 @ 8:26pm CDT
I can't believe how much I dig these figures. I never thought green would look that good on Optimus. The Bumblebee looks really nice as well I love the head sculpt. :D
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime (1505234)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 20th, 2013 @ 8:55pm CDT
garbage. just stop hasbro.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime (1505241)
Posted by RAcast on July 20th, 2013 @ 10:20pm CDT
Gotta say, Bee...actually looks good! I LOVE that new head sculpt! :APPLAUSE:
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime (1505250)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 20th, 2013 @ 11:56pm CDT
I'll take that Bumblebee, please.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Beast Hunters Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime (1505934)
Posted by budmaloney on July 24th, 2013 @ 1:01am CDT
Bee looks like he's up to no good. "They're schemers"

Ending Soon On eBay

threeA Japan Transformers Dark of the Moon MEGATRON Action Robot Figure Doll - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 30 seconds
DHL  AUTHENTIC TAKARA TRANSFORMERS MASTERPIECE MP5G MP05G MEGATRON GOLD VER - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 52 minutes 24 seconds
Hasbro Transformers G1 Commemorative Series III Thundercracker - Time Remaining: 2 days 3 hours 43 minutes 17 seconds
Takara Transformers Classics Henkei C-03 Grimlock Action Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 16 minutes 49 seconds
STEELJAW 100% Complete Vintage 1986 Hasbro Transformers G1 W/Tech Spec & Decoder - Time Remaining: 3 days 50 minutes 7 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS TM-12 GIMLET/Sea Clamp - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 6 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction Silver Knight Optimus Prime & Grimlock New - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 39 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Hasbro G1 Platinum Trypticon G1 Reissue Encore Complete - Time Remaining: 3 days 46 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks