SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery

Transformers News: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery

Thursday, July 18th, 2013 1:07PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 15,965

After the small preview from earlier, we now have the full photogallery for the Construct-Bots breakfast event, Seibertron-style! This also included a look at Generations Starscream and Scoop. Check it out by clicking here, or on any of the images below.

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery (1504386)
Posted by Sir Soundwave42 on July 18th, 2013 @ 1:12pm CDT
Starscream looks amazing but I doubt he will see him packed with Swindle,but it does look like he has mini con ports on his arms so only time will tell.As for Scoop the robot mode looks like it belongs in the 80s cartoon which some may think is a good thing others a bad thing.I really would like to see a Decepticon repaint,then I may consider buying it.Constructacon colours would be perfect an would go well with ROTF MixMaster with G1 colours.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery (1504387)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on July 18th, 2013 @ 1:14pm CDT
Looks like some one shot the shit out of predaking and i have no interest in the other two.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery (1504394)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on July 18th, 2013 @ 1:39pm CDT
Scoop and his targetmaster guns... They will be mine.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery (1504400)
Posted by YRQRM0 on July 18th, 2013 @ 2:04pm CDT
Ok, I guess I like Starscream a little better since I just realized he's a deluxe and not a voyager. I might have to get him. Just because my expectations for quality go down with the class.

Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery (1504407)
Posted by Mkall on July 18th, 2013 @ 2:09pm CDT
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery (1504411)
Posted by RAcast on July 18th, 2013 @ 2:13pm CDT
Mkall wrote:Scoop and Starscream are gorgeous! Now what am I going to do with my Cybertron Landmine?

Well, I would say paint it green but we have a Rhinox coming up too! :grin:
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery (1504412)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 18th, 2013 @ 2:13pm CDT
YRQRM0 wrote:Still though, so many things wrong! The wing isn't a sword, the colors are off, the null cannons are not mounted on his back in bot mode, gah! I do hope the null cannons can detach and mount on the shoulders since they don't flip like before. Even though their translucence would ruin that look anyways. I didn't really expect a Swindle but he would've been nice too, even if he didn't transform.

Well, the swords can store in the wings, so I guess that's a plus. If accuracy is bothersome, it appears the wings can pop off, so if you're keen on displaying him, I suggest having him hold a sword and leaving the traditional left wing off to the side. That's what I'll most likely be doing. ;)

Agreed, the colors are a tiny bit off. More specifically, the legs. They need more silver/gray.

The Armada anime also had his hips silver/gray as well, so I wish they had done that as well.

The intakes appear to fold onto his shoulders, giving him his traditional look. Don't know what to say about the shoulder-mounted null ray cannons.

A Swindle would have been really nice, agreed. We'll just have to see if the official images actually have him.

[quote]Give me more Armada generations! As long as they're highly poseable I'll take them.[/quote]

Agreed on all accounts. I'd love to see them pump out Red Alert, Demolishor, or Cyclonus.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery (1504415)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 18th, 2013 @ 2:20pm CDT
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery (1504416)
Posted by dedcat on July 18th, 2013 @ 2:21pm CDT

Or, are we just choosing characters based on infinite repaint potential now?(scrapper, landmine, etc)
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery (1504426)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on July 18th, 2013 @ 2:34pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:If you want a figure that looks EXACTLY like Armada Starscream, then buy an Armada Starscream. This is the Generations version.

Indeed.

All the bitching and nitpicking over such trivial details is just disgusting. Then these same people wonder why Hasbro doesn't bother to cater to collectors.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery (1504428)
Posted by RhA on July 18th, 2013 @ 2:37pm CDT
SCOOP. MY BODY IS READY.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery (1504431)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 18th, 2013 @ 2:40pm CDT
dedcat wrote:Out of all the targetmasters they go with Scoop? Is he some kind of cult/fan favorite that I'm just not aware of?

LANDMINE! That's who I thought it was... and we just had a Landmine, not too long ago... so I'm really not digging yet another RANDOM construction truck when they could instead (oh, I don't know :roll: ) release a proper Devastator? Wait... I forgot - Hasbro is good with third parties covering that! :lol:

Also, not feeling SS. I just think he looks a little dinky. The larger Armada SS seems grander. >:oP

Alpha Weltall wrote:

Indeed.

UH OH!!! IT'S THE OPINION POLICE!!! Quick, anyone with dissension or criticism, HEAD FOR THE HILLS! :roll: Hasbro, as you say, does NOT care to hear complaints. And surely the avalanche of unsold BB's and Optimi will not harm the company financially. Surely. :grin: But let's agree to worship all design choices, as beggars worship a crumb of bread. It's not like we could buy a proper Devastator from anyone else... :roll: :lol:
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery (1504434)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 18th, 2013 @ 2:59pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:But let's agree to worship all design choices, as beggars worship a crumb of bread.

No one is suggesting that. >:oP
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery (1504437)
Posted by noctorro on July 18th, 2013 @ 3:08pm CDT
Starscream is delicious...

My mad ravings have been answered. The Armada Starscream was great, only needed shoulder joints and an extra hip pivot. And Skywarp shouldn't have had a new head. Those 3 were great.
This one has all that and more, cannons can flip down on the back. Hopefully they'll make all three seekers. I'm already in seeker heaven with the upcoming Thundercracker to complete the FOC trio. + Rhinox/Waspinator, good times. No complaints.
But I already forgave Hasbro for anything they'll do the coming 5 years for FOC Starscream/Bruticus and Metroplex.

I'll be getting Scoop to, since I only own a very few Target Masters.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery (1504438)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on July 18th, 2013 @ 3:10pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:
Alpha Weltall wrote:

Indeed.

Not even worth a further retort.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery (1504454)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 18th, 2013 @ 3:50pm CDT
Here are the official product images for Starscream and Scoop. It appears you can fold Starscream's intakes for a much more accurate appearance (WOOT WOOT):

It would be sweet if we get more Targetmasters figures in the future, using a combination of Nightstick, Holepunch, and Tracer. :grin:

Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery (1504457)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 18th, 2013 @ 3:53pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:I've also got images of Shrapnel and Reflector (both of which are adorable!) and Skywarp (they got his colors right! WOOT!), I'm just waiting for the right thread to put them up.

Reflector is a new mold? And what style is Shrapnel based on based on? :shock:
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery (1504459)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 18th, 2013 @ 3:54pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Reflector is a new mold? :shock:

Yeah. I'll PM you the image in just a moment. Prepare your inbox... ;)
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery (1504463)
Posted by Burn on July 18th, 2013 @ 4:00pm CDT
That Armada Starscream figure had better be damn near perfect because the original figure was one of the best from the Armada line.

And they'd also better do five repaints as general releases and not goddamn exclusives.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Construct-Bots Breakfast Event Gallery (1504466)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 18th, 2013 @ 4:03pm CDT
Burn wrote:

As much as I don't want that to happen, you know they will. :(

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016