Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery

Transformers News: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery

Wednesday, July 17th, 2013 11:51PM CDT

Categories: Event News, Site News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 18,441

Our SDCC 2013 Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery is now live! Nothing that we didn't already see at BotCon last month, but a nice new gallery none the less. Items on display include the Target exclusive Predacons Rising line, and the new simplified Deluxe and Voyager figures. The full gallery can be found here.

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery

SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1504143)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 18th, 2013 @ 12:10am CDT
Neat-o! Still waiting to see some new stuff (i.e. Armada SS), but I'm guessing they're saving those reveals till later?

Ironically enough (with Abominus set so close on the horizon), I'm starting to see more Hun-grr figures in stores (Target & TRU)... though, it's still anyone's guess if the individual Abominus figs will appear before the set hits shelves (nice one, Hasbro #-o ).

Is Hulk Optimus just a green version of the Voyager? I think it had a shield, too...

EDIT: Nevermind... I think Hulkimus is supposed to be the upscaled Commander fig. :-?
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1504160)
Posted by Bounti76 on July 18th, 2013 @ 1:47am CDT
I still think those simplified figures don't look very good. I can accept their posability and articulation limits in a Cyberverse figure, but with all the amazing things you can do with articulation now days, why would you go back to the oversimplified transformation of the G1 era for a larger toy?

Also, who is the red repaint of Blot/Blight supposed to be? The writing on the card is too blurry to make out.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1504168)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on July 18th, 2013 @ 2:33am CDT
They really should've used Legion Cliffjumper, Arcee, Air Vehicon and/or Airachnid instead of Bumblebee and Smokescreen if they really wanted to make an impression with these upsized figures. Not only are that BB and SS two of the worst looking figures in the legion class but they've both been recolored to death recently. Both have the Beast Hunters releases, they both have playset releases, Target exclusive releases, normal repaint releases and then SS has two new character repaints and BB has how many releases without the Beast Hunters upgrades. Sinnertwin and Cutthroat are great choices but BB and SS just show how bad an idea this can be.

I'm also a little upset that Blot has gotten TWO recolors already but Sinnertwin and Hun-Grrr don't have any (not including the giftset or the GO! releases). That makes three extra Abominus legs and one extra arm. I just hope they try to balance it out more and recolor some of the others into Sparkstalker and Flamefeather to go with Cindersaur (who didn't seem to be in the pictures anywhere).

As for that upsized Optimus Prime...is that green the new Allspark blue or something? I'm fine with the translucent green windshield and sword on the current voyager and I'm ok with the shield and sword on this "new" one but the solid green on Prime is just awful. It really does make him look like he's slowly turning into Toxitron. That Predaking looks fantastic with it's new parts though.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1504173)
Posted by Convotron on July 18th, 2013 @ 3:08am CDT
I didn't buy the Cyberverse Predacon combiners but I'm definitely considering the upcoming upsized versions.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1504182)
Posted by noctorro on July 18th, 2013 @ 3:45am CDT
Help me out here guys, Armada Starscream?
- Upscaled Legion Beast Hunters Optimus?
- Upscaled Legion Terrorcons?

WHAT's GOIN On!!!??!
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1504183)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on July 18th, 2013 @ 4:04am CDT
noctorro wrote:Help me out here guys, Armada Starscream?
- Upscaled Legion Beast Hunters Optimus?
- Upscaled Legion Terrorcons?

WHAT's GOIN On!!!??!

-A few weeks ago they announced a deluxe Generations Armada Starscream but there's been no pictures of it yet. We have however finally gotten the pictures of the voyager Whirl that was announced at the same time.
-Upscaled COMMANDER Optimus AND a retooled upscaled commander Predaking
-Terrorcons and sadly, Bumblebee and Smokescreen. It also appears that the connector pegs on the legs of Windrazor and Twinstrike are absent and may or may not be able to form Abominus if all the Terrorpreds get upscaled.

Hasbro is trying to "go back to their roots" with Transformers. They Want to start making Transformers that are simple to transform like the G1 toys. So they decided that the best way to go about this was to upscale legion and commander class figures. They also seem to be filling out their toy quota for the year by doing this and biding time for the new movie toys to come out.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1504191)
Posted by noctorro on July 18th, 2013 @ 4:40am CDT
Thanks for the explanation Alpha Weltall,

I seem to have missed a few very interesting defelopments.
Also pretty sure a huge amount of the fandom doesn't like that simle-transformation story. But I happen to be one of those who actually like that.
I think I'll be getting most of these upscaled Commander class figures. I don't mind simple transformations as long as both modes look good and there's decent articulation in robot mode.

+ Armada Starscream is my second favorite Seeker mold, Great news in my book!
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1504202)
Posted by Mykltron on July 18th, 2013 @ 5:53am CDT
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1504339)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 18th, 2013 @ 11:49am CDT
Yikes. I'm so glad I'm mostly bailing on this line. These upscaled Legion toys aren't appealing to me at all. The only upcoming figure I might get from BH is deluxe Prowl, and he's based on the Smokescreen mold.

Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1504344)
Posted by Convotron on July 18th, 2013 @ 11:59am CDT
Mykltron wrote:Why do they keep putting out OP toys with spikes on the bumper and stomach? He doesn't have them in the cartoon.

This is just speculation but considering the development cycle for Transformers toys can be up to nearly 3 years or so, perhaps the Beast Hunters Optimus Prime concept artwork used for the toys changed by the time season 3 of TFP went into production. So we don't have the spiky bits on the show but the toys were already developed and molded.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1504345)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 18th, 2013 @ 11:59am CDT
kirbenvost wrote:That said, who's the dark blue & grey dragon guy with the orange beak? He looks a LOT like a beastified Dreadwing. Which would be pretty sweet in concept, though not something I'd be adding to my collection.

Darksteel, a repaint of Grimwing. He's exclusive to Target as part of the Predacons Rising line.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1504700)
Posted by MGrotusque on July 18th, 2013 @ 11:41pm CDT
I'll buy the Cutthroat deluxe only because it was the only Terrorcon i owned as a kid.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1505183)
Posted by Seibertron on July 20th, 2013 @ 4:25pm CDT
Two new reveals were on display this afternoon in Hasbro's display area at SDCC. This time around it's the newest versions of the Transformers Prime Weaponizers Bumblebee and Optimus Prime in new Beast Hunters colors, packaging and with new accessories. Bumblebee even comes with a remolded head featuring his mouth! Check out these brand new pics of Talking Bumblebee and Tracker Optimus Prime by clicking here.

Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1505187)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 20th, 2013 @ 4:44pm CDT
...So what - exactly - prompted the choice of changing only the color of red to green, and giving him the Ultimate toy's cleaver-sword?

I swear, I feel that they're just trying to set themselves up for failure with ending the PrimeBeast Hunters line.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1505188)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 20th, 2013 @ 4:51pm CDT
Prime actually looks good in green. 8)

Hope be has some voice clips actually recorded by Will Friedle. ;)
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1505189)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 20th, 2013 @ 4:53pm CDT
BB doesn't really "talk", does he? The title is misleading. If the toy had some voice clips, that might be interesting... but I still don't understand why I need giant BB's or Optimi.

Not being ungrateful, as we ARE getting Metroplex, but shouldn't this effort be devoted to a new, I don't know, Trypticon? =P~

I get that "kids love Optimus and BB!!!! :BOOM: :BOOM: :BOOM: ", but in the simpler times of yesteryear, you would get far more excitement over a giant T-Rex TF that could turn into a city. :roll: Guess Hasbro knows kids better than anyone, and surely these will not warm the shelves into Xmas and beyond. Surely.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1505190)
Posted by Shegotron on July 20th, 2013 @ 4:58pm CDT
Optimus Prime? Or Johnny Canuck Prime? He looks like he should be wandering the North Cascades!
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1505191)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 20th, 2013 @ 5:00pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:BB doesn't really "talk", does he? The title is misleading. If the toy had some voice clips, that might be interesting...
Why would he not? He's gonna speak in the cartoon, he's remolded head with a mouth, and they've made other talking TF toys in the past.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1505192)
Posted by TulioDude on July 20th, 2013 @ 5:05pm CDT
Optimus looks like fun(HUGE SWORD!)
Reminds me of that conversation with Sabrblade about a green Optimus.

Bumblebee is very cool looking.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1505194)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 20th, 2013 @ 5:12pm CDT
GREEN Optimus Prime? Lol wut?

That Bee is awesome looking! I have the original Weaponiser Bee and I love it. There's high chances I'll buy it. However, what will it say? Bee-boop-pip-bee-bop?
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1505196)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 20th, 2013 @ 5:17pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:However, what will it say? Bee-boop-pip-bee-bop?
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1505198)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 20th, 2013 @ 5:21pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

My bad! :oops: The box adverts mention the talking. Why my doubt? Well, Optimus doesn't talk. #-o

I was also going to ask how many TF's in that scale have actually talked in the past. :???:
So it's a bit out of left field, IMO - but I understand: the focus on BB's speech event in Prime. Personally, I just don't see how BB talking is a great way to end the show... but I guess I can only be amazed (at this point) by either fantastic writing or amazing self-confidence from the writers. :roll: The writing has been quite good in the past, but sometimes when you slip, you fall hard on your face. :GHOST:
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1505199)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 20th, 2013 @ 5:22pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:However, what will it say? Bee-boop-pip-bee-bop?

Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1505200)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 20th, 2013 @ 5:22pm CDT
There's doubt that the toy will 'talk'?
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1505214)
Posted by SG Roadbuster on July 20th, 2013 @ 6:27pm CDT
Hmm so Bee talks now, but I don't see the weaponiser gatling guns. methinks his torso has been remolded with an new sound box. allthough i'm not sure why they'd do it to bee and not prime.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1505216)
Posted by Shockwave7 on July 20th, 2013 @ 6:32pm CDT
Oh joy. ANOTHER Bumblebee figure. Because, ya know, we just don't have enough of those already.

So far the BH line has been a big 'no thanks' as far as I'm concerned. Thank goodness they made the beast armor for shockwave optional.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1505217)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 20th, 2013 @ 6:32pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Image
There's doubt that the toy will 'talk'?

Not if you read my second post (which mentions the advert before your gratuitous cropping! ;) ).

EDIT: Sorry, that looks like an official Seibertron pic. So no credits to you! :lol:
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1505221)
Posted by Breakdown318 on July 20th, 2013 @ 7:05pm CDT
Since I passed on the first weaponizer bumblebee I will be getting this one, because to me it looks so much better in black.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1505232)
Posted by sixshot20 on July 20th, 2013 @ 8:26pm CDT
I can't believe how much I dig these figures. I never thought green would look that good on Optimus. The Bumblebee looks really nice as well I love the head sculpt. :D
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1505234)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 20th, 2013 @ 8:55pm CDT
garbage. just stop hasbro.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1505241)
Posted by RAcast on July 20th, 2013 @ 10:20pm CDT
Gotta say, Bee...actually looks good! I LOVE that new head sculpt! :APPLAUSE:
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1505250)
Posted by PrymeStriker on July 20th, 2013 @ 11:56pm CDT
I'll take that Bumblebee, please.
Re: SDCC 2013 Coverage: Preview Night Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Gallery (1505934)
Posted by budmaloney on July 24th, 2013 @ 1:01am CDT
Bee looks like he's up to no good. "They're schemers"
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok