SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview

Thursday, July 24th, 2014 4:21AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 26,978

Seibertron is on site at SDCC 2014 and as always, has his trusty camera on hand to bring us the best of the best when it comes to galleries of the hottest new products. Everything from Transformers to Masters Of The Universe!

You can see all of the images from SDCC 2014's coverage right here: /events/event.php?event_id=366

The newest on site galleries cover Masterpiece, Kre-O, Hero Mashers and Rescue Bots, Age Of Extinction, Generations, Angry Birds Transformers and last, but not least, Masters Of The Universe Classics from Mattel. Without further ado, here we go!

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview

This is just the tip of the iceberg and we'll have more images, more info and the best panel coverage, so keep us open in a tab and have your trigger finger on the reload button, because we're your best source for SDCC 2014 breaking news!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview (1593037)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:49am CDT
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview (1593072)
Posted by Sideshow Sideswipe on July 24th, 2014 @ 9:16am CDT
Tigertrack wrote:I wish I had been the Angry Birds designer/creator. Holy jeepers that just went bonkers!

Such language!
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview (1593099)
Posted by robotmel on July 24th, 2014 @ 10:46am CDT
:shock:
A War is coming in 2015... Combiner Wars!

As previously rumoured/reported Hasbro will be rolling out new versions of Superion and Menasor and both teams will come with a sixth member providing extra armor or weaponry!

Check out the latest photos from this years SDCC 2014 below.
Images c/o ToyArk/TFW2005/Joe Moore. ;)

More pics here...
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview (1593104)
Posted by robotmel on July 24th, 2014 @ 10:52am CDT
:shock: :shock:
Thanks to eagle eyed General Tekno over on the TFW2005 boards, the previously shown Generations Voyager Optimus Prime could be just a cheeky repaint of 2015 Combiner main man Motormaster!
I will let the General explain...

General Tekno wrote:So that core robot on the Menasor is DEFINITELY the new Voyager Prime mold we got teased back at Botcon. The back view of the combined mode makes it pretty obvious.
Also, I'm gonna guess that the Legends addon dudes for the combiners (Menasor's chest car, Superion's powergun) will come with the hands/feet, on account of the hands/feet being completely different colors than the limbs. (And no way they'd paint those given the moving parts)

Interesting!
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview (1593117)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on July 24th, 2014 @ 11:17am CDT
Are there seriously rotor blades on Superion's legs? I'm a really big Aerialbots fan, and having one of them be a helicopter is so far removed from what is okay in my mind. Not to be the one guy complaining, but that really gets to me :-x
These look like really early prototypes though, so I hope that's not finalized
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview (1593129)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 24th, 2014 @ 11:42am CDT
You know, for $15 - $25 toy releases, I think they look pretty alright, aside from some wonky posing. I don't expect them to look like the third party few hundred dollar releases, because they, well aren't, I think the hasbro samples look good so far.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview (1593134)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:01pm CDT
Ladies and gentlemen, put on your anti-nerdgasm pants on! Starting off our coverage of San Diego Comic Con 2014, we have our Breakfast Event images, which show off our first look at combiners Superion (first teased at BotCon last month) and Menasor! These combiners, part of next year's Generations: Combiner Wars series, are prototypes and show display pieces, hence the hot glue on spots and some wibbly bits and pieces here and there.

As many have guessed, Menasor's central figure is indeed a Motormaster redeco of the Generations Voyager Optimus Prime (also first revealed at BotCon) figure! Also worth noting is that Superion and Menasor are joined by additional characters which are not actually a part of the traditional Aerialbot and Stunticon teams... Superion wields Legends Powerglide as a weapon, and Menasor uses an as-of-yet revealed Legends buddy to form Menasor's traditional car-torso-shield!

Check out the images below, which have been mirrored from our full gallery of the Breakfast Event, which can be viewed here!

[url=http://www.seibertron.com/events/gallery.php?event_id=375]

[/url]
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview (1593138)
Posted by HiddenElephant on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:06pm CDT
Scramble City LIVES!!!! (and not for the first time, either!)
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview (1593141)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:12pm CDT
At least this time they used a larger figure for the center torso. They're better proportioned now.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview (1593142)
Posted by Mkall on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:14pm CDT
I like Superion. I think I'm ready to retire FansProject's Superion in favour of this.

I do not like Menasor. I will keep FP's.

I'm curious to see the rest of the reveals... under an hour to go.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview (1593144)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:14pm CDT
These two are a step in the right direction, but not characters I particularly care about so I'll be passing on them.

I quite like the idea of Legends figures lending some support.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview (1593147)
Posted by Marcdachamp on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:18pm CDT
I really like them both, but where in the name of Unicron is my Devastator with Prowl as the head??? :sad:
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview (1593148)
Posted by hinomars19 on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:19pm CDT
Not bad. It'll be interesting to see how they look transformed properly, especially Superion's arms...are they that long or can they be configured better? :-? Superion's legs look hella silly though #-o

Time to put my negative nancy hat on-I'm super miffed Motormaster is a prime re-paint! :-x MM should be his own bot. Proper miffed and cheesed off now :evil:
.....

Wait...does that mean Prime can combine with things? Does that mean if I make a Thunderclash from Prime...he could combine with things....?

Miffed status alleviating slightly...
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview (1593149)
Posted by Super Megatron on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:19pm CDT
It doesn't look like Motormaster is a redeco of the Generations Voyager Optimus Prime - the hinges and configurations are all wrong - but I could be wrong.

Menasor's blue chest gun looks a lot like G1 Skyhammer's gun, though...
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview (1593150)
Posted by mooncake623 on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:19pm CDT
I will buy everything!=D Agreed with Mkall though Superion is more awesome of the two
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview (1593151)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:21pm CDT
Want to see what they look like as individuals. They don't look that bad combined but I'm not real interested in either one.

(Also secretly hoping this leads to a Predaking down the line. I'll buy the crap out of an affordable Predaking.)
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview (1593152)
Posted by Caelus on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:21pm CDT
If Generations Prime was designed to later become a combiner...

... that raises some questions in my mind about Generations Chromia...
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview (1593153)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:22pm CDT
Super Megatron wrote:It doesn't look like Motormaster is a redeco of the Generations Voyager Optimus Prime - the hinges and configurations are all wrong.

Had to borrow from the competition to prove this. It pains me to do this act.

Here it is, proof from General Tekno via TFW2005.

Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview (1593155)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:27pm CDT
You know I think primes a pretool, and motormaster actually came first in the design process.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Galleries Preview (1593157)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 24th, 2014 @ 12:31pm CDT

Ending Soon On eBay

SUNSTORM vs RATCHET 2008 Transformers Animated  TARGET Exclusive **MINT Box! - Time Remaining: 2 days 9 hours 49 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers G1 1986 ULTRA MAGNUS MIB complete hasbro takara - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 21 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Alternators #18 Sunstreaker Dodge Viper - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 22 minutes 18 seconds
TFCC Exclusive Transformers Deluxe Scourge MIB Black Optimus  COnvoy G1 - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 37 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen ICE CREAM TRUCK Complete ROTF Mudflap Skids - Time Remaining: 23 days 20 hours 22 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Universe RATBAT Complete Deluxe Class CHUG 2.0 Hasbro - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 40 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Mutant Beast Wars POISON BITE New RARE - Time Remaining: 2 days 3 hours 41 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers G1 1986 TRYPTICON body MINTY works hasbro takara /w battery cover - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive