Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More

Friday, July 25th, 2014 2:32PM CDT

Categories: Event News, Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 36,542

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to site owner Seibertron, we have a miscellaneous update to the SDCC 2014 galleries, with a look around at what Hasbro is putting on display at the event, ranging from Marvel, My Little Pony, Jem and the Holograms, and of course, Transformers - Kre-O, Combiner Wars and RID! Click on any image below for the full galleries.

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More
Credit(s): Seibertron, Hasbro
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593657)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 25th, 2014 @ 2:35pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:Is that...Death's Head?

Great! Now I just need to read the UK comics to actually have some connection to him!
Man, I am SO ready for BBTS to process my preorder of that Death's Head toy, the waiting is killing me!
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593664)
Posted by psj333 on July 25th, 2014 @ 2:50pm CDT
After viewing the Underbite toy at the SDCC 2014 panel, it seems to me that the Robot In Disguise cartoon for 2015 will features Dinobots that will have finally have both vehicle and beast altmodes. Unfortunately, for Underbite himself, he does not have a robot mode. Does that mean that will other Dinobots in the cartoon will abandon their robot modes, and use their beast modes as replacements to their robot modes, or that this abilities is only reserved for Underbite himself? :BOT: :CON:
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593665)
Posted by shockblast2 on July 25th, 2014 @ 2:52pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:What idiot Hasbro executive thinks the children (to whom this toy line survives) will give a shit about obscure combiner characters? Not to mention the fact that parents are not going to shell out $90 each for these. Yeah, the adult fans will buy them, but they are a VERY small percentage of sales. And at $16 a pop, this line is finished.

With Hasbro's crap quality these days, I will be surprised that if they can even stand up straight.
jeezus christ monkey balls. do you ever have anything positive to say? why are you even a part of this fandom?




With the current state of things only delusional fan boys have anything positive to say. By the numbers this line is a sinking ship. Why do you think they are finally falling back on the likes of some of you for monetary support? You will be lucky IF the price point stays at $16 a pop. Not to mention the quality issues.

I am not a part of your type of fandom nor would I want to be. Passive at best. I am in my thirties, not teens.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593668)
Posted by shockblast2 on July 25th, 2014 @ 2:54pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:
shajaki wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:blah blah blah
jeezus christ monkey balls. do you ever have anything positive to say? why are you even a part of this fandom?


I second that.


You are like 45 and get off on insulting people on forum blogs. Why would I respect anything you say? Grow up. Really.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593670)
Posted by Va'al on July 25th, 2014 @ 2:57pm CDT
Hi everyone - can we please keep disagreements as civil discussion rather than personal attacks? Thanks!

(Replies to this, derailments or further attacks will result in deleted posts and moderator intervention.)
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593672)
Posted by Delta Magnus on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:00pm CDT
I find it amusing that your sig decries nerd rage when that is precisely what you seem to thrive on.

And honestly, if you aren't part of the fandom then WTF are you doing on the forum?
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593673)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:01pm CDT
anyhow, the combiners look pretty big compared to sky/jetfire
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593674)
Posted by shockblast2 on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:03pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:What idiot Hasbro executive thinks the children (to whom this toy line survives) will give a shit about obscure combiner characters? Not to mention the fact that parents are not going to shell out $90 each for these. Yeah, the adult fans will buy them, but they are a VERY small percentage of sales. And at $16 a pop, this line is finished.

With Hasbro's crap quality these days, I will be surprised that if they can even stand up straight.

Ahem. When you have first seen the Constructicons, Aerialbots, Combaticons, etc., were you like "WHOA!" or super excited. If you had, then I'm pretty sure kids will also love the Combiners too.

Don't believe me? Next year go to Toys"R"Us a week before Christmas.
Yeah, it's not the fact that these toys are of the G1 combiner characters that appeal to kids. It's the fact that it's five guys who combine into one big dude. And that they can all mix and match limbs with each other. The gimmick may be old, but it's timeless. Kids like combining robots. The fact that these toys represent the G1 characters is the icing on the cake, not the cake itself.



Toy sales in general are down 17% and that is IF you include Lego, who is only down 9% from just last year alone. Parents are sick of poor quality and higher costs. What makes you think they are going to spend $90-100 a pop on these? Especially in a day and age where electronic toys rule? You have children with Ipads by the time they are 10. Why would they care about this stuff? The sales numbers do not lie.
I didn't see many children giving a squat about FOC Bruticus and it had a video game to drive the sales. What makes you think children who do not even know these characters will care?
This line comes and goes in waves. And Hasbro missed the mark on these five years ago. Transformers as a whole has positioned itself with its flaws for another hiatus. Unless you and people like you are going to buy ten of these things. Go check out your local big box stores. TF4 junk is shelf warming. And I can see why. It is right next to the TMNT stuff, which is better quality, more popular, and 8.88 a figure.

I see why you feel the way you do as you are an adult fan and as I said before I do respect you as you are not like some of your counterparts here, but I disagree that these will do well in the market. This line needs the children to drive it or it will fade away. And none of these new reveals are going to drive the franchise. Even the new cartoon is kinda strange, but maybe it will do well. But that will rest on whatever price points Hasbro comes up with for the toys in that line.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593675)
Posted by shockblast2 on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:05pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:I find it amusing that your sig decries nerd rage when that is precisely what you seem to thrive on.

And honestly, if you aren't part of the fandom then WTF are you doing on the forum?


I didn't say I wasn't a fan. I said I wasn't that type of fan. And judging from the way some of these type of "fans" are I am blessed to not be just like them.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593677)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:11pm CDT
shockblast2 wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:I find it amusing that your sig decries nerd rage when that is precisely what you seem to thrive on.

And honestly, if you aren't part of the fandom then WTF are you doing on the forum?


I didn't say I wasn't a fan. I said I wasn't that type of fan. And judging from the way some of these type of "fans" are I am blessed to not be just like them.


I know right, liking things because people have individual taste and opinion; ****ing sacrilege, because it's all about you, and what you don't like :lol:
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593678)
Posted by DMSL on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:12pm CDT
I just died a little inside.

These all look horrible. How can you go from Prime back to "Animated"?
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593679)
Posted by DMSL on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:18pm CDT
It's great Hasbro is finally giving us combiners, it's just a shame they have learned nothing.

They should have paid attention to what they did in G1 and what the third parties are doing now. These combiners are ill proportioned.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593680)
Posted by Delta Magnus on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:18pm CDT
To the best of my knowledge, Animated was very well received, so perhaps it was a conscious decision?

And as I've mentioned before, the G1 combiners were blatantly awful. The third party combiners are good in spite of the G1 accuracy, not because of it.

Also, any pics of Strongarm?
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593682)
Posted by shockblast2 on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:24pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:I find it amusing that your sig decries nerd rage when that is precisely what you seem to thrive on.

And honestly, if you aren't part of the fandom then WTF are you doing on the forum?


I didn't say I wasn't a fan. I said I wasn't that type of fan. And judging from the way some of these type of "fans" are I am blessed to not be just like them.


I know right, liking things because you know people have individual taste and opinion, ****ing sacrilege, because it's all abut you, and what you don't like :lol:



You don't get it. It is not about ANY of us. It is about sales and profit. It is about who is driving the market. Considering these are CHILDREN's toys the children and, more importantly, their parents must be on board with backing these things. Again, I reiterate, what makes you think any random child gives a squat about these combiners?
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593683)
Posted by Delta Magnus on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:26pm CDT
shockblast2 wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:I find it amusing that your sig decries nerd rage when that is precisely what you seem to thrive on.

And honestly, if you aren't part of the fandom then WTF are you doing on the forum?


I didn't say I wasn't a fan. I said I wasn't that type of fan. And judging from the way some of these type of "fans" are I am blessed to not be just like them.


I know right, liking things because you know people have individual taste and opinion, ****ing sacrilege, because it's all abut you, and what you don't like :lol:



You don't get it. It is not about ANY of us. It is about sales and profit. It is about who is driving the market. Considering these are CHILDREN's toys the children and, more importantly, their parents must be on board with backing these things. Again, I reiterate, what makes you think any random child gives a squat about these combiners?

The fact they're robots that turn into vehicles and can combine into a huge robot?
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593684)
Posted by DMSL on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:26pm CDT
Easy pass for me. They are heading in the right direction here, but the proportions of the combined mode are terrible and the individual robots could be a hell of a lot better. Including firearms instead of just melee weapons would make a huge improvement. I also don't like that they are changing altmodes. Stunticons should be four sports cars and a truck, not one SUV. The Aerialbots also never had a chopper and that Powerglide Targetmaster i am not a fan of.

I wish Hasbro would just stick with the source material instead of trying to be creative with this. They should be creative with the transformations instead.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593687)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:32pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:I find it amusing that your sig decries nerd rage when that is precisely what you seem to thrive on.

And honestly, if you aren't part of the fandom then WTF are you doing on the forum?


I didn't say I wasn't a fan. I said I wasn't that type of fan. And judging from the way some of these type of "fans" are I am blessed to not be just like them.


I know right, liking things because you know people have individual taste and opinion, ****ing sacrilege, because it's all abut you, and what you don't like :lol:



You don't get it. It is not about ANY of us. It is about sales and profit. It is about who is driving the market. Considering these are CHILDREN's toys the children and, more importantly, their parents must be on board with backing these things. Again, I reiterate, what makes you think any random child gives a squat about these combiners?

The fact they're robots that turn into vehicles and can combine into a huge robot?


Yeah, that's the thing people like things, and sometimes that's reason enough to buy things; not everything has to be subject to piss vinegar and bile.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593688)
Posted by Metro Prime on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:33pm CDT
shockblast2 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:What idiot Hasbro executive thinks the children (to whom this toy line survives) will give a shit about obscure combiner characters? Not to mention the fact that parents are not going to shell out $90 each for these. Yeah, the adult fans will buy them, but they are a VERY small percentage of sales. And at $16 a pop, this line is finished.

With Hasbro's crap quality these days, I will be surprised that if they can even stand up straight.

Ahem. When you have first seen the Constructicons, Aerialbots, Combaticons, etc., were you like "WHOA!" or super excited. If you had, then I'm pretty sure kids will also love the Combiners too.

Don't believe me? Next year go to Toys"R"Us a week before Christmas.
Yeah, it's not the fact that these toys are of the G1 combiner characters that appeal to kids. It's the fact that it's five guys who combine into one big dude. And that they can all mix and match limbs with each other. The gimmick may be old, but it's timeless. Kids like combining robots. The fact that these toys represent the G1 characters is the icing on the cake, not the cake itself.



Toy sales in general are down 17% and that is IF you include Lego, who is only down 9% from just last year alone. Parents are sick of poor quality and higher costs. What makes you think they are going to spend $90-100 a pop on these? Especially in a day and age where electronic toys rule? You have children with Ipads by the time they are 10. Why would they care about this stuff? The sales numbers do not lie.
I didn't see many children giving a squat about FOC Bruticus and it had a video game to drive the sales. What makes you think children who do not even know these characters will care?
This line comes and goes in waves. And Hasbro missed the mark on these five years ago. Transformers as a whole has positioned itself with its flaws for another hiatus. Unless you and people like you are going to buy ten of these things. Go check out your local big box stores. TF4 junk is shelf warming. And I can see why. It is right next to the TMNT stuff, which is better quality, more popular, and 8.88 a figure.

I see why you feel the way you do as you are an adult fan and as I said before I do respect you as you are not like some of your counterparts here, but I disagree that these will do well in the market. This line needs the children to drive it or it will fade away. And none of these new reveals are going to drive the franchise. Even the new cartoon is kinda strange, but maybe it will do well. But that will rest on whatever price points Hasbro comes up with for the toys in that line.

It almost sounds like you want Hasbro to fail. Also, most TMNT figures are small and kinda cheaply made. There's not as much engineering involved, as opposed to a toy that has to be both a highly detailed and articulated action figure, and a relatively sturdy toy vehicle.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593691)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:46pm CDT
shockblast2, please do us all a favor and keep your thoughts to yourself. We enjoy our hobby and don't need your constant negativity, which, frankly, looks like trolling.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593695)
Posted by shockblast2 on July 25th, 2014 @ 4:01pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:I find it amusing that your sig decries nerd rage when that is precisely what you seem to thrive on.

And honestly, if you aren't part of the fandom then WTF are you doing on the forum?


I didn't say I wasn't a fan. I said I wasn't that type of fan. And judging from the way some of these type of "fans" are I am blessed to not be just like them.


I know right, liking things because you know people have individual taste and opinion, ****ing sacrilege, because it's all abut you, and what you don't like :lol:



You don't get it. It is not about ANY of us. It is about sales and profit. It is about who is driving the market. Considering these are CHILDREN's toys the children and, more importantly, their parents must be on board with backing these things. Again, I reiterate, what makes you think any random child gives a squat about these combiners?

The fact they're robots that turn into vehicles and can combine into a huge robot?



So what? Again, Bruticus from FOC did the same and there were not children lining up to own it. And it was $65 as the price point was $12.99, this one will be roughly $100.

This isn't 1985. Children care about electronics by the time they are ten. Not giant robots that can't do anything but stand there. I have asked children myself and the response I get is "they don't do anything".
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593696)
Posted by shockblast2 on July 25th, 2014 @ 4:03pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:shockblast2, please do us all a favor and keep your thoughts to yourself. We enjoy our hobby and don't need your constant negativity, which, frankly, looks like trolling.



No, I think I will say what I want to say as long as it is within site rules. You personally accuse me of trolling. Didn't Alex just say to refrain from personal attacks? I am not taking your bait.


Alex? Am I wrong?
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593697)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 25th, 2014 @ 4:04pm CDT
shockblast2 wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
Delta Magnus wrote:I find it amusing that your sig decries nerd rage when that is precisely what you seem to thrive on.

And honestly, if you aren't part of the fandom then WTF are you doing on the forum?


I didn't say I wasn't a fan. I said I wasn't that type of fan. And judging from the way some of these type of "fans" are I am blessed to not be just like them.


I know right, liking things because you know people have individual taste and opinion, ****ing sacrilege, because it's all abut you, and what you don't like :lol:



You don't get it. It is not about ANY of us. It is about sales and profit. It is about who is driving the market. Considering these are CHILDREN's toys the children and, more importantly, their parents must be on board with backing these things. Again, I reiterate, what makes you think any random child gives a squat about these combiners?

The fact they're robots that turn into vehicles and can combine into a huge robot?



So what? Again, Bruticus from FOC did the same and there were not children lining up to own it. And it was $65 as the price point was $12.99, this one will be roughly $100.

This isn't 1985. Children care about electronics by the time they are ten. Not giant robots that can't do anything but stand there. I have asked children myself and the response I get is "they don't do anything".


Why is a 30+ year old man talking to random children in a toy/electronics store?
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593699)
Posted by shockblast2 on July 25th, 2014 @ 4:14pm CDT
Metro Prime wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:What idiot Hasbro executive thinks the children (to whom this toy line survives) will give a shit about obscure combiner characters? Not to mention the fact that parents are not going to shell out $90 each for these. Yeah, the adult fans will buy them, but they are a VERY small percentage of sales. And at $16 a pop, this line is finished.

With Hasbro's crap quality these days, I will be surprised that if they can even stand up straight.

Ahem. When you have first seen the Constructicons, Aerialbots, Combaticons, etc., were you like "WHOA!" or super excited. If you had, then I'm pretty sure kids will also love the Combiners too.

Don't believe me? Next year go to Toys"R"Us a week before Christmas.
Yeah, it's not the fact that these toys are of the G1 combiner characters that appeal to kids. It's the fact that it's five guys who combine into one big dude. And that they can all mix and match limbs with each other. The gimmick may be old, but it's timeless. Kids like combining robots. The fact that these toys represent the G1 characters is the icing on the cake, not the cake itself.



Toy sales in general are down 17% and that is IF you include Lego, who is only down 9% from just last year alone. Parents are sick of poor quality and higher costs. What makes you think they are going to spend $90-100 a pop on these? Especially in a day and age where electronic toys rule? You have children with Ipads by the time they are 10. Why would they care about this stuff? The sales numbers do not lie.
I didn't see many children giving a squat about FOC Bruticus and it had a video game to drive the sales. What makes you think children who do not even know these characters will care?
This line comes and goes in waves. And Hasbro missed the mark on these five years ago. Transformers as a whole has positioned itself with its flaws for another hiatus. Unless you and people like you are going to buy ten of these things. Go check out your local big box stores. TF4 junk is shelf warming. And I can see why. It is right next to the TMNT stuff, which is better quality, more popular, and 8.88 a figure.

I see why you feel the way you do as you are an adult fan and as I said before I do respect you as you are not like some of your counterparts here, but I disagree that these will do well in the market. This line needs the children to drive it or it will fade away. And none of these new reveals are going to drive the franchise. Even the new cartoon is kinda strange, but maybe it will do well. But that will rest on whatever price points Hasbro comes up with for the toys in that line.

It almost sounds like you want Hasbro to fail. Also, most TMNT figures are small and kinda cheaply made. There's not as much engineering involved, as opposed to a toy that has to be both a highly detailed and articulated action figure, and a relatively sturdy toy vehicle.




Hasbro? fail? LOL. You must be joking. They are one of the largest toy companies in the world. No, what will happen is they will cut off the withered member. Meaning that they will put this line on hiatus. They have done it before.
Highly detailed? Have you bought a figure lately? Missing paint apps, cracked pieces, broken joints. And those are just the short term issues. Just wait until about 10-15 years from now when the regrind they re using starts to break down on a microscopic level. You precious toy will literally break into pieces.
Educate yourself on what they are using in their resin blend these days. Pieces of diapers, recycled Tupperware, and leftover plastic trees are just a few goodies that are blended in there. If you think I lie, then forget what I said and do the research. Next time you are in a Hasbro panel, ask them what their prime to regrind ratio is for their resin. You will be lucky it is only 1:3. And the really sick thing is just six years ago you were getting 100% prime in your figures. Now, you are lucky if it 50%. And yet, you are paying almost 100% more than you did then.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593700)
Posted by Va'al on July 25th, 2014 @ 4:20pm CDT
shockblast2 wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:shockblast2, please do us all a favor and keep your thoughts to yourself. We enjoy our hobby and don't need your constant negativity, which, frankly, looks like trolling.



No, I think I will say what I want to say as long as it is within site rules. You personally accuse me of trolling. Didn't Alex just say to refrain from personal attacks? I am not taking your bait.


Alex? Am I wrong?



You're all wrong, as I asked you to give up.

Seriously, it's hard enough to keep track of the news as it is without getting reports about a conversation that could be highly constructive.

Next posts going against this we start giving warnings.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593702)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on July 25th, 2014 @ 4:27pm CDT
I'm glad Hasbro's actually doing a Voyager sized torso with Deluxe sized limbs. Took them a while to get it right!

I'll be honest, I can't understand the complaints. It's never going to be perfect, and it's never going to be in a style everyone will want. What WOULD you guys like to see? What sort of price points? What sizes? From what I'm hearing, most people want what the 3rd party companies are doing but at a price point less than what Hasbro has going. That's just not realistic, and I don't really think the increasing price and decreasing plastic is so much Hasbro's doing as it is import/export costs, taxes, supply costs, increasing minimum wadges and such. Yes, Hasbro makes a lot of money off of it's properties, but it also has a lot of money going out to pay employees, pay the government, and pay other companies. I watched the TFCon Q&A Panel with Aron Archer, who used to work for Hasbro, designing a lot of the toys, and he talks about how they wanted to do a lot of things, but the complexity had to suffer for the cost to be reasonable.

It's not like it's a new thing. Stuff always gets more expensive, and it will keep getting more expensive. I remember when Transformers cost $7! I WISH the transformers I had back then could do what the ones I have now do!
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593703)
Posted by shockblast2 on July 25th, 2014 @ 4:31pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:shockblast2, please do us all a favor and keep your thoughts to yourself. We enjoy our hobby and don't need your constant negativity, which, frankly, looks like trolling.



No, I think I will say what I want to say as long as it is within site rules. You personally accuse me of trolling. Didn't Alex just say to refrain from personal attacks? I am not taking your bait.


Alex? Am I wrong?



You're all wrong, as I asked you to give up.

Seriously, it's hard enough to keep track of the news as it is without getting reports about a conversation that could be highly constructive.

Next posts going against this we start giving warnings.



This is SDCC discussion thread is it not? What am I discussing? Most are. Only one or maybe two decided they did not like what was said because it rained on their combiner party and threw a fit to the point of personal attack. You said to stop. And that is feasible considering it is against site rules. Debating the financial aspects of this line are not.
By my count, only one, maybe two are making personal attacks. If I am wrong call me out on it and site me for it. But, I don't see any malice being given here save the few who CANNOT accept any opposition to their personal opinion. And Alex, is that not been a major issue in the past that still has yet to be rectified?

I respect you too, but you have to be fair. Saying I am wrong for doing nothing but posting my personal opinion, rebutting a personal attack, and then moving on like asked doesn't appear to put me in violation of any stated site rule. Again, if I am wrong then feel free to correct me.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593708)
Posted by xyl360 on July 25th, 2014 @ 4:45pm CDT
It's a plane (or whatever) and a robot and it combines with other robots (of my choosing, no less if they are indeed done Scramble City style).

It's perfect for kids. They collect things just like we do. The most popular things over the past couple decades have been things like Pokémon and Bakugan, all of which are collectible (gotta catch em' all and all that) and are supposedly made better by owning more of them because of their gimmicks.

If kids do catch on to the TF combiners, they'll probably be all over them. And of course, there's the rather large (and growing) market of 'grown up kids' in their 20's and 30's (like most of those who hang out on sites like this) who are currently driving nearly the entire market for popular culture. The biggest films and franchises are all 'geek' things now. Marvel/Avengers, Transformers (obviously), Batman/Superman/DC, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

If these don't sell to the kids, we'll buy em'. The same happened with Bruticus (all versions of it). If it had done poorly, Has/Tak wouldn't be doing these, and if the market for it didn't exist in sufficient numbers, the 3rd parties wouldn't be doing them either. Has/Tak are paying attention to what's going on in the market, including the adult collectors' market so they'll sell a ton of these to adult collectors, some of them to actual children, and if it catches on with kids they'll sell a ton more to actual children.

Besides that, I don't see what else they could do with this line. They've covered nearly every major character in the franchise from G1 and many characters since (Beast Wars etc.) so doing the combiners (finally) is not only expected and understandable, but some would argue long overdue. They just had to figure out a way to make them fit the current price points and (hopefully) look/function up to the standards of the collectors. Whether or not they've accomplished that last part is a matter of opinion. I like them OK, but I do see issues with them, but I will still most likely be buying them just to see them for myself and mess with different configurations and (mis)transformations to see if I can't work out some decent looking combined modes. And naturally the 3rd parties will jump on the boat to make add-on kits/additional/replacement team members to make them look 'more G1'.

I don't think the Generations line is in any trouble. If anything, I think it's going to thrive in the coming months/years at the rate they're going. Nearly every reveal so far has been for something that's been highly anticipated by the collector market (Arcee, Combiners, Chromia, a new Megatron that isn't a 'Nerf' gun, 'G1' looking minibots and Insecticons, a real Headmaster etc.).

I think Has/Tak are making excellent decisions with this line and are giving the fans things they've been asking for for a very long time and I believe that it will pay off. There are plenty of adult collectors who won't pay 3rd party prices or won't buy them based on principle but will shell out the $ to own these toys and there are some, like myself, who do buy tons of 3rd party stuff but will still buy these just to see what they're about and because many of the new offerings actually meet or exceed our expectations from anyone (including 3rd parties).

But I guess we'll just have to give it a year or two and see. If Has/Tak don't run out of characters and gimmicks to resurrect (which shouldn't be a problem) or existing characters they've already done that could use a 'refresh' or update (like Prime, Megatron, Skyfire/Jetfire etc.) (again, they shouldn't) and they just kill the line entirely and stick to doing 'show' figures and 'movie' figures then I guess we'll know that these decisions were in error, but until then it's full speed ahead and gimme those toys :P!
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593711)
Posted by Va'al on July 25th, 2014 @ 4:48pm CDT
I asked everyone in the thread to be nice to each other in order to continue the discussion (I am enjoying the numbers, stats and material aspects of it myself). But I also asked everyone to refrain from being the opposite of civil.

And yet what happened was name-calling, responding to insults, escalating. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but disagreement is perfectly allowed and it goes both ways.


As I said above, please drop this. Everyone involved.
(Go talk about comics instead!)
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593729)
Posted by thunderjacker on July 25th, 2014 @ 5:21pm CDT
i hope that the stunticon deluxes are small deluxes. its hard to get an idea without a size comparison.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593730)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 25th, 2014 @ 5:22pm CDT
While we haven't seen pics yet I'm very confident to say that the hands/feet will integrate into the respective vehicle modes much like the classic combiners and those giant cannons.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593733)
Posted by hinomars19 on July 25th, 2014 @ 5:32pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:It's a plane (or whatever) and a robot and it combines with other robots (of my choosing, no less if they are indeed done Scramble City style).

It's perfect for kids. They collect things just like we do. The most popular things over the past couple decades have been things like Pokémon and Bakugan, all of which are collectible (gotta catch em' all and all that) and are supposedly made better by owning more of them because of their gimmicks.


I can't agree with your entire post enough, I cut it short to avoid lengthy reading for those looking for info on the toys themselves-but you are spot on and provide a sensible counter-argument to Transformers just being a kid's thing. The door does indeed swing both ways. Neither is completely right or completely wrong.

On the toys themselves, as I've said already in this thread, I like what I see. The hips of the combiners are looking a little odd, even in the official pics, but that's not a big concern yet. I applaud Hasbro for these; they work within the current restrictions they face, yet provide fun, playable figures that play on both adult nostalgia and play value for kids (those still interested). It's a shame they are not as solid and hefty as the unicron trilogy toys, or animated etc, but that's a result of plastic weight restrictions, which is related to production cost over profit. I can't say fairer than that. I have my doubts Hasbro higher ups play fair and square %100 of the time...I sometimes question the prices I have to pay for what I get, and certainly don't buy everything they make out of loyalty, but what we have to see here definitely makes me smile. Generations has gone a step in the right direction, I think. :BOT:
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593752)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 25th, 2014 @ 6:31pm CDT
shockblast2 wrote:I have asked children myself and the response I get is "they don't do anything".


Which is what is wrong with kids today, no imagination.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593754)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 25th, 2014 @ 6:49pm CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:I have asked children myself and the response I get is "they don't do anything".


Which is what is wrong with kids today, no imagination.
Yeah, I could understand this kind of response from kids who bought the Titan Guardian figures, but even the Power Ranger Megazords with all the articulation of an average G1 Transformers toy are fun to play with.

Or at least, the pre-RPM molds are, since it was that series that Bandai of America started creating their own Zord molds that were cheaper and less sophsticated than the Bandai of Japan Super Sentai molds that they were importing for all PR series before RPM, though the Zord Builder system is fairly cool, but I digress.

The fact that these combiners not only combine Scramble City style, but also have adequate proportions and modern day articulation (knees, elbows, shoulders, hips, etc.) is a major plus. "They don't do anything"? They do far more than they need to: Transform, combine, articulate poses, hold weapons, look good, etc.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593759)
Posted by Diem on July 25th, 2014 @ 7:23pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Or at least, the pre-RPM molds are, since it was that series that Bandai of America started creating their own Zord molds that were cheaper and less sophsticated than the Bandai of Japan Super Sentai molds that they were importing for all PR series before RPM, though the Zord Builder system is fairly cool, but I digress.


At the risk of getting off-topic the High Octane Megazord et al are still pretty damn awesome and just as "playable" as the original except for the lack of electronics. Not as good, but just as much play value.

It wasn't really until Shinken-Oh/Samurai Megazord that the downsizing really affected playability (ie. no dragon neck, the various Ika Tenkuu Buster zords not working properly)
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593799)
Posted by Flashwave on July 25th, 2014 @ 10:22pm CDT
Okay, so 2 questions:

1)Is Death's Head out yet, and where should I be looking for him?

2)Has anything besides Bumblebee, the small legion figs, and the Combiners been shown? Any more of the animated deluxes yet?
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593801)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 25th, 2014 @ 10:27pm CDT
Flashwave wrote:2)Has anything besides Bumblebee, the small legion figs, and the Combiners been shown?
http://www.seibertron.com/events/gallery.php?event_id=376

Flashwave wrote:Any more of the animated deluxes yet?
Animated ended years ago.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593803)
Posted by Darkman20xx on July 25th, 2014 @ 10:42pm CDT
Looks like it's finally time to sell off old Universe Ultra Class Silverbolt. It always bugged me having 1 Aerialbot. The FP one was nice for awhile but even he didn't have the G1 nostalgia this has for me. Only question I have is how soon is some 3rd party going to come out with a proper version of the one they changed to a helicopter.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593805)
Posted by Diem on July 25th, 2014 @ 10:45pm CDT
PLAIN NOT COPTUR
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593806)
Posted by Killerewok on July 25th, 2014 @ 10:46pm CDT
I don't understand why people cling to this idea that the toys are not "made for us" or that we represent a very small number of fans. Go into any Walmart or Target and look at what's on the shelves. TONS of the AoE stuff that was meant for kids... 1-step, Power Battlers, Flip-n-Change... that stuff is all still sitting on the shelves. Generations are getting REAL hard to find at retail, because THAT is what sells out. Whether it's us or the scalpers, it's for the same market. Heck, my Walmart doesn't even have a permanent peg for Generations because they move so fast. If they are losing money, it's because they still think kids are driving their business.

The fact that we are getting combiners at all means they are listening to US and are making things that WE want. (See also: Legit Headmaster, Metroplex) There is no reason they would appeal to kids any more or less then anything else they make. If a kid wants a Transformer, they get a Transformer. You think some kid is gonna see these on the pegs and say "They combine? That's BS! F these things..." Get a grip.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593808)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 25th, 2014 @ 10:59pm CDT
Killerewok wrote:I don't understand why people cling to this idea that the toys are not "made for us" or that we represent a very small number of fans. Go into any Walmart or Target and look at what's on the shelves. TONS of the AoE stuff that was meant for kids... 1-step, Power Battlers, Flip-n-Change... that stuff is all still sitting on the shelves. Generations are getting REAL hard to find at retail, because THAT is what sells out. Whether it's us or the scalpers, it's for the same market. Heck, my Walmart doesn't even have a permanent peg for Generations because they move so fast.
Are the Generations really selling out, or are the stores just not putting them on the shelves/ordering enough of them from Hasbro as a means to focus more on selling the AOE toys?

A similar thing happened with each of the previous movie lines. The stores wanted to sell more Movie 1 toys than they did for Animated. They wanted to sell more ROTF toys than they did for both Animated and Universe. They wanted to sell more HFTD toys than they did for Generations and Reveal the Shield. And they wanted to sell more DOTM toys than they did for Prime. Stores seem to think the real money is in the Movie toylines than anything else, and it's not too surprising considering how successful the movies themselves have been.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593811)
Posted by Diem on July 25th, 2014 @ 11:08pm CDT
Killerewok wrote:I don't understand why people cling to this idea that the toys are not "made for us" or that we represent a very small number of fans. Go into any Walmart or Target and look at what's on the shelves. TONS of the AoE stuff that was meant for kids... 1-step, Power Battlers, Flip-n-Change... that stuff is all still sitting on the shelves. Generations are getting REAL hard to find at retail, because THAT is what sells out. Whether it's us or the scalpers, it's for the same market. Heck, my Walmart doesn't even have a permanent peg for Generations because they move so fast. If they are losing money, it's because they still think kids are driving their business.


So you're saying that the things that both kids and collectors are buying are selling more than the things only kids are buying?!? What are the chances of that?!?!

Seriously though, you must be going to different stores than me. Shelves in my area are cluttered with Rhinoxes, Whirls and Scoops.

And yes, it's true that we are a proportion of the buying market, and that's only going to increase as more fans cross the threshold into adulthood and as kidulthood becomes increasingly less socially unacceptable. But we are also a safer market. If we see, say, AoE Slash on a shelf we can afford to think "Yeah, I can drop $15 on a rainbow dinosaur." We can casually pick and choose whatever we want, and we have enough income that we'll take more risks on figures that we're ambivalent about. But kids have access to more limited incomes and have to choose between that or the other ten toy franchises they're into or saving up for a computer game. Not only are kids still the main source of income for Hasbro but Hasbro has to make the kids WANT figures more than we do.

Honestly, I think the proportion of things that we see now reflects the amount of collector purchasing power there is. Would Classics have existed if there wasn't an adult fanbase? Not even slightly. A $60 figure of a character from an 80s cartoon who turns into a police car based on a car that hasn't looked like that since 1984? Why would that even begin to be a thing if Hasbro weren't conscious of adult fandom. But the majority of their push is still toys aimed at kids with bones thrown to adult collectors.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593830)
Posted by william-james88 on July 26th, 2014 @ 12:18am CDT
Here is the video released with the news of the Combiner War figures. We can see how the limbs can swap for one another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnj2qGYNGlY
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593832)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 26th, 2014 @ 12:21am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Here is the video released with the news of the Combiner War figures. We can see how the limbs can swap for one another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnj2qGYNGlY
Ryan already posted that in his report - http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/sdcc-2014-coverage-hasbro-transformers-panel-summary-updated-with-generations-and-rid-video-clips/30898/
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593848)
Posted by Flashwave on July 26th, 2014 @ 2:32am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Flashwave wrote:2)Has anything besides Bumblebee, the small legion figs, and the Combiners been shown?
http://www.seibertron.com/events/gallery.php?event_id=376

Flashwave wrote:Any more of the animated deluxes yet?
Animated ended years ago.


let me clarify, animated cartoon, as opposed to the non media figs. not "Animated", "animated". ;)
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593849)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 26th, 2014 @ 2:58am CDT
Im sorry but i have to chime in here, this stuff is just to entertaining (and kind of sad) not to. im not going to quote or directly reply just do a general statement & leave it at that. Also sorry for the long post that may or may not be off topic:

One of the problems with generations is that stores are not required to carry them, if they were then there would always be ones on the shelves just like AoE. But because of that and horrible distribution its hard to find them in most places, so when they actual get a shipment in the scalpers swarm on it like ants to a snowcone. Then factor in that people start bitching so hasbro ship more and then that clogs the shelves baring new waves from hitting. Its a vicious cycle thats not going to change cause morons run the companies involved.

But i have to agree & disagree with the kid v collectors controlling the market, the toys them selves are always designed for kids and kids are the ones that focus test them, but the collectors are the ones who drop the most cash at a given time for the products. And a collector figure will sell to both parties where as a kid figure will not. Collectors are a safe bet but kids will always outnumber us so hasbro appeases them first cause its "cost effective". Its a balancing act that hasbro has yet to master. The combiners are a good example of doing things right though, you have G1 characters that people have wanted for years, they look like quality figures and theres a mix & match gimmick that kids will love. I doubt a kid will think that being able to form a giant robot out of any 5 figures is lame. Only problem is the pricing, kids & parents arent going to want to spend that kind of money. Go up to any kid & say "you want 5 robots or 10 TMNT figures?" what do you really think the kid will pick? Unless they live & breath TFs they're going to go with the turtles. Collectors as well, id personally would rather spend $15 on a video game or neca figure than a transformer that wont last to see my kids born. Id like to be able to sit there and say "this is what optimus looked like when i was your age, here hes yours now have fun" not "i wish i could show you the prime i had when i was your age but he fell apart a year after i got him".

But collectors arent a safer bet either, we're more likely to walk away from a $15 toy that breaks & has flaws right out of the package especially when a year ago they were only $12 & a year before that $10. Also lets not forget that they look like crap these days, if they eyes arent happy then neither am I. Yes there are the blind obsessives that will buy anything with the brand name stamped on it to feed their addiction (who are slowly killing the franchise might i add) but the majority of us are not like that (or at least i hope not)so im not factoring them in for this conversation. What hasbro needs to do is look back at their own past and see what worked, make a toyline that is accessible to kids but will attract & appease the collectors, have a show thats entertaining for kids but isnt so kiddy that parents & collectors will avoid it, and last but especially not least price it all so that anyone can enjoy it and fell like they got their moneys worth not just those with disposable income. If recent events are any indication people will buy the stuff if its priced right, deluxes flew off the pegs when the price dropped down to $10. It would also help if the fandom would come together & worry about the franchise as a whole & its future not just themselves & their own collections at the moment. If you dont fix a problem its only going to get worse and screw over everyone in the end.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593856)
Posted by Bluespindash97 on July 26th, 2014 @ 4:48am CDT
Optimus Prime guitar!
HELL YEAH!
Now if only I could play a guitar!
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593861)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 26th, 2014 @ 5:45am CDT
We have updated the Transformers Age of Extinction Galleries to include various new product on the showroom floor. Included in this update is the Platinum Edition Breakout battle, Platinum Edition Optimus Prime and Grimlock, Autobots United 5-pack, Platinum Edition Optimus Prime and more. Check out the new gallery images by clicking below.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593863)
Posted by Va'al on July 26th, 2014 @ 6:27am CDT
Another small update from Hasbro's SDCC releases - the no-need-to-take-apart-to-transform Kre-O Transformers Battle Changers! Check out the four characters so far (Optimus Prime, Starscream, Bumblebee, Grimlock) below, in their stock photo version, and check out the Seibertron.com gallery for a more life-like presentation.

Image

Image

Image
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593868)
Posted by Va'al on July 26th, 2014 @ 7:30am CDT
As was announced during the Hasbro panel at SDCC 2014, the G1 redeco of Age of Extinction Slog, the last member of the Dinobot team to fit in with the convention exclusive set, will be an Amazon.com release - and we have pre-order links, thanks to staff member mooncake623! Check it out here, currently priced at $34.88, and release date of December 15, 2014. Will you stretching out to purchase the final member of the dinoteam?

Image

Image
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593869)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 26th, 2014 @ 7:36am CDT
Thoes battle changer kreons look pretty cool will try to grab them when and if I see them.

Click here to view an additional 160 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...