Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More

Friday, July 25th, 2014 2:32PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 40,921

Thanks to site owner Seibertron, we have a miscellaneous update to the SDCC 2014 galleries, with a look around at what Hasbro is putting on display at the event, ranging from Marvel, My Little Pony, Jem and the Holograms, and of course, Transformers - Kre-O, Combiner Wars and RID! Click on any image below for the full galleries.

Credit(s): Seibertron, Hasbro

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593657)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 25th, 2014 @ 2:35pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:Is that...Death's Head?

Great! Now I just need to read the UK comics to actually have some connection to him!
Man, I am SO ready for BBTS to process my preorder of that Death's Head toy, the waiting is killing me!
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593664)
Posted by psj333 on July 25th, 2014 @ 2:50pm CDT
After viewing the Underbite toy at the SDCC 2014 panel, it seems to me that the Robot In Disguise cartoon for 2015 will features Dinobots that will have finally have both vehicle and beast altmodes. Unfortunately, for Underbite himself, he does not have a robot mode. Does that mean that will other Dinobots in the cartoon will abandon their robot modes, and use their beast modes as replacements to their robot modes, or that this abilities is only reserved for Underbite himself? :BOT: :CON:
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593665)
Posted by shockblast2 on July 25th, 2014 @ 2:52pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:What idiot Hasbro executive thinks the children (to whom this toy line survives) will give a shit about obscure combiner characters? Not to mention the fact that parents are not going to shell out $90 each for these. Yeah, the adult fans will buy them, but they are a VERY small percentage of sales. And at $16 a pop, this line is finished.

With Hasbro's crap quality these days, I will be surprised that if they can even stand up straight.
jeezus christ monkey balls. do you ever have anything positive to say? why are you even a part of this fandom?

With the current state of things only delusional fan boys have anything positive to say. By the numbers this line is a sinking ship. Why do you think they are finally falling back on the likes of some of you for monetary support? You will be lucky IF the price point stays at $16 a pop. Not to mention the quality issues.

I am not a part of your type of fandom nor would I want to be. Passive at best. I am in my thirties, not teens.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593668)
Posted by shockblast2 on July 25th, 2014 @ 2:54pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:
shajaki wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:blah blah blah

I second that.

You are like 45 and get off on insulting people on forum blogs. Why would I respect anything you say? Grow up. Really.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593670)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 25th, 2014 @ 2:57pm CDT
Hi everyone - can we please keep disagreements as civil discussion rather than personal attacks? Thanks!

(Replies to this, derailments or further attacks will result in deleted posts and moderator intervention.)
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593672)
Posted by Delta Magnus on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:00pm CDT

And honestly, if you aren't part of the fandom then WTF are you doing on the forum?
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593673)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:01pm CDT
anyhow, the combiners look pretty big compared to sky/jetfire
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593674)
Posted by shockblast2 on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:03pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:

Ahem. When you have first seen the Constructicons, Aerialbots, Combaticons, etc., were you like "WHOA!" or super excited. If you had, then I'm pretty sure kids will also love the Combiners too.

Don't believe me? Next year go to Toys"R"Us a week before Christmas.
Yeah, it's not the fact that these toys are of the G1 combiner characters that appeal to kids. It's the fact that it's five guys who combine into one big dude. And that they can all mix and match limbs with each other. The gimmick may be old, but it's timeless. Kids like combining robots. The fact that these toys represent the G1 characters is the icing on the cake, not the cake itself.

Toy sales in general are down 17% and that is IF you include Lego, who is only down 9% from just last year alone. Parents are sick of poor quality and higher costs. What makes you think they are going to spend $90-100 a pop on these? Especially in a day and age where electronic toys rule? You have children with Ipads by the time they are 10. Why would they care about this stuff? The sales numbers do not lie.
I didn't see many children giving a squat about FOC Bruticus and it had a video game to drive the sales. What makes you think children who do not even know these characters will care?
This line comes and goes in waves. And Hasbro missed the mark on these five years ago. Transformers as a whole has positioned itself with its flaws for another hiatus. Unless you and people like you are going to buy ten of these things. Go check out your local big box stores. TF4 junk is shelf warming. And I can see why. It is right next to the TMNT stuff, which is better quality, more popular, and 8.88 a figure.

I see why you feel the way you do as you are an adult fan and as I said before I do respect you as you are not like some of your counterparts here, but I disagree that these will do well in the market. This line needs the children to drive it or it will fade away. And none of these new reveals are going to drive the franchise. Even the new cartoon is kinda strange, but maybe it will do well. But that will rest on whatever price points Hasbro comes up with for the toys in that line.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593675)
Posted by shockblast2 on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:05pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:I find it amusing that your sig decries nerd rage when that is precisely what you seem to thrive on.

I didn't say I wasn't a fan. I said I wasn't that type of fan. And judging from the way some of these type of "fans" are I am blessed to not be just like them.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593677)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:11pm CDT
shockblast2 wrote:

I know right, liking things because people have individual taste and opinion; ****ing sacrilege, because it's all about you, and what you don't like :lol:
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593678)
Posted by DMSL on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:12pm CDT
I just died a little inside.

These all look horrible. How can you go from Prime back to "Animated"?
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593679)
Posted by DMSL on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:18pm CDT
It's great Hasbro is finally giving us combiners, it's just a shame they have learned nothing.

They should have paid attention to what they did in G1 and what the third parties are doing now. These combiners are ill proportioned.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593680)
Posted by Delta Magnus on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:18pm CDT
To the best of my knowledge, Animated was very well received, so perhaps it was a conscious decision?

And as I've mentioned before, the G1 combiners were blatantly awful. The third party combiners are good in spite of the G1 accuracy, not because of it.

Also, any pics of Strongarm?
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593682)
Posted by shockblast2 on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:24pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:

I know right, liking things because you know people have individual taste and opinion, ****ing sacrilege, because it's all abut you, and what you don't like :lol:

You don't get it. It is not about ANY of us. It is about sales and profit. It is about who is driving the market. Considering these are CHILDREN's toys the children and, more importantly, their parents must be on board with backing these things. Again, I reiterate, what makes you think any random child gives a squat about these combiners?
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593683)
Posted by Delta Magnus on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:26pm CDT
shockblast2 wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:

The fact they're robots that turn into vehicles and can combine into a huge robot?
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593684)
Posted by DMSL on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:26pm CDT
Easy pass for me. They are heading in the right direction here, but the proportions of the combined mode are terrible and the individual robots could be a hell of a lot better. Including firearms instead of just melee weapons would make a huge improvement. I also don't like that they are changing altmodes. Stunticons should be four sports cars and a truck, not one SUV. The Aerialbots also never had a chopper and that Powerglide Targetmaster i am not a fan of.

I wish Hasbro would just stick with the source material instead of trying to be creative with this. They should be creative with the transformations instead.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593687)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:32pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:

Yeah, that's the thing people like things, and sometimes that's reason enough to buy things; not everything has to be subject to piss vinegar and bile.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593688)
Posted by Peridot on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:33pm CDT
shockblast2 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:

Don't believe me? Next year go to Toys"R"Us a week before Christmas.

It almost sounds like you want Hasbro to fail. Also, most TMNT figures are small and kinda cheaply made. There's not as much engineering involved, as opposed to a toy that has to be both a highly detailed and articulated action figure, and a relatively sturdy toy vehicle.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593691)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 25th, 2014 @ 3:46pm CDT
shockblast2, please do us all a favor and keep your thoughts to yourself. We enjoy our hobby and don't need your constant negativity, which, frankly, looks like trolling.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Display Area Galleries: Transformers, Kre-O and More (1593695)
Posted by shockblast2 on July 25th, 2014 @ 4:01pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
shockblast2 wrote:

So what? Again, Bruticus from FOC did the same and there were not children lining up to own it. And it was $65 as the price point was $12.99, this one will be roughly $100.

This isn't 1985. Children care about electronics by the time they are ten. Not giant robots that can't do anything but stand there. I have asked children myself and the response I get is "they don't do anything".

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Henkei Classic Autobot Warriors Ratchet Kup Perceptor 3-Pack Hasbro - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 33 minutes 11 seconds
transformers kre-o 31771 sideswipe misb - Time Remaining: 6 days 17 hours 49 minutes 9 seconds
transformers kre-o 30662 ratchet misb - Time Remaining: 6 days 17 hours 52 minutes 13 seconds
transformers kre-o 30690 prowl misb - Time Remaining: 6 days 17 hours 53 minutes 44 seconds
transformers kre-o 31145 mirage misb - Time Remaining: 6 days 18 hours 10 minutes 3 seconds
Windrazor Botcon MISP + Catscan Medic Cheetor Botcon MIB Transformers 3H Hasbro - Time Remaining: 7 days 12 hours 4 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Kreo BumbleBee - Time Remaining: 6 days 18 hours 25 minutes 2 seconds
Transformers MACHINE WARS OPTIMUS PRIME MIB MINT COMP. 1995 - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 25 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016