SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary: Updated with Generations and RID Video Clips!

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary: Updated with Generations and RID Video Clips!

Thursday, July 24th, 2014 1:21PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, People News, Company News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 46,457

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Seibertron is currently attending the Hasbro Transformers panel at SDCC, where new, current and older products are being discussed! Find below a summary of the event as it comes through, with images, notes, comments and whatever is sent our way.

NOTE: Please come back and refresh this post, as it will be steadily updated throughout the whole panel.

The panel has Hasbro's Sarah Carroll, designer Sean Carmine Isabella, IDW's John Barber, and Global Marketing Director Jerry Jivoin.

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary

Images from @HasbroNews Twitter account


New Kre-o Transformers
Build it and can transform it without taking it apart! Showed Bumblebee and Optimus Prime

Movie Generations
Platinum Edition Grimlock Prime 2 pack is coming out to Kmart
Masterpiece Grimlock might be coming back to TRU!
G1 deco Slog will be an Amazon exclusive to go with the SDCC set

Generations 2015
(Make sure to check out the sneak peek galleries posted earlier!)

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary


Combiner Wars is the theme for 2015, artwork by Livio Ramondelli.

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary
Image from IDW Facebook



Video by Seibertron!




Combiner limbs are triple changers: robot, vehicle, limb.
Barber: Deluxes will have in-pack comics - origin of Superion, then later waves.
Scramble city style interchangeable system!
Voyager Optimus Prime shown at BotCon combines with Combiners

Legends Wave 1: Powerglide, Thundercracker, Windcharger, Bombshell

Deluxe Wave 1: Firefly, Skydive, Alpha Bravo, Dragstrip
Deluxe Wave 2: Air Raid, Dead End, Breakdown, Offroad

Voyager Wave 1: Silverbolt, Optimus
Voyager Wave 2: Motormaster

Mike Vogle & Jeff Kline join the panel to talk about Rescue Bots Season 3

Transformers: Robots in Disguise

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary


Same core creative team as Transformers: Prime, including Polygon Studios


Video by Seibertron!


Toys
One-Step Changers Wave 1: Sideswipe, Underbite (Con)
Legion Wave 1: Strongarm (Elite Guard female bot), Optimus Prime
Warriors Wave 1: Bee
Credit(s): Seibertron, Hasbro
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary: Updated with Generations and RID Video Clips! (1593179)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 24th, 2014 @ 1:25pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
Twitchythe3rd wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote: And I'm predicting 4 teams, given that Hasbro has said there will be 16 Deluxes in all.


As unlikely as it is, Ima roll a hard six, and bet on monstructor.


I'd say Superion, Menasor, Defensor, and a Bruticus that doesn't suck are most likely. Still gonna hope for Predaking.

They just did Bruticus as part of the FOC line. Do you really think they'd do another one so soon?

got something from a friend at the panel,
Combiners are scramble, and they're using a different system from the foc combiners
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary: Updated with Generations and RID Video Clips! (1593180)
Posted by megatronus on July 24th, 2014 @ 1:27pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Twitchythe3rd wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote: And I'm predicting 4 teams, given that Hasbro has said there will be 16 Deluxes in all.


As unlikely as it is, Ima roll a hard six, and bet on monstructor.


I'd say Superion, Menasor, Defensor, and a Bruticus that doesn't suck are most likely. Still gonna hope for Predaking.

They just did Bruticus as part of the FOC line. Do you really think they'd do another one so soon?

got something from a friend at the panel,
Combiners are scramble, and they're using a different system from the foc combiners

The point is they did the character fairly recently, not that these combiners use the same "system".
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary: Updated with Generations and RID Video Clips! (1593181)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on July 24th, 2014 @ 1:28pm CDT
love the look of these guys, gonna be an addition to my stunticon shelf for sure. will decide wether this Menasor or Intimidator go on my classics shelf when this one comes out.

but one thing bothers me, why does Superion have a helicopter leg?
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary: Updated with Generations and RID Video Clips! (1593182)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 24th, 2014 @ 1:30pm CDT
megatronus wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Twitchythe3rd wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote: And I'm predicting 4 teams, given that Hasbro has said there will be 16 Deluxes in all.


As unlikely as it is, Ima roll a hard six, and bet on monstructor.


I'd say Superion, Menasor, Defensor, and a Bruticus that doesn't suck are most likely. Still gonna hope for Predaking.

They just did Bruticus as part of the FOC line. Do you really think they'd do another one so soon?

got something from a friend at the panel,
Combiners are scramble, and they're using a different system from the foc combiners

The point is they did the character fairly recently, not that these combiners use the same "system".

I was just sharing something, wasn't about bruticus, just combiner wars
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary: Updated with Generations and RID Video Clips! (1593184)
Posted by Trikeboy on July 24th, 2014 @ 1:32pm CDT
I'm reserving judgement on the combiners till we see the actual finished product. These were obviously rushed to be on the show floor and are still very much in the prototype stage. It does explain why the new Voyager Prime looked so bad though, it was designed to be Motormaster.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary: Updated with Generations and RID Video Clips! (1593186)
Posted by MGrotusque on July 24th, 2014 @ 1:35pm CDT
They're alright i guess. I'd probably buy them once refined.
Those feet on both combiners are pretty teeny weeny though. I'd like to NOT have to buy a 3rd party upgrade to fix that. That's my only gripe really.

It's Hasbro. It is what is. They FINALLY sorted out their combiners to become "reasonable" but too little too late if you ask me. I've seen WAAAY better combiner figs for years now with 3rd party stuff. It's like watching the slow kid in class finally figure out how to do long division after getting it wrong time after time ,failing, while everyone else blasts past him to the next grade.

Oh.....and why are those shoulder cannons pointing back at Superions head?
I also noticed how bad the hands are. No articulation and look how the weapons peg in!! They peg in to some silly little hole between his thumb and wrist. Look at that tiny wee axe in menasors hand ....or should i say hatchet. Yeesh. Keeep trying Hasbro. Please.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary: Updated with Generations and RID Video Clips! (1593187)
Posted by Delta Magnus on July 24th, 2014 @ 1:41pm CDT
MGrotusque wrote:It's Hasbro. It is what is. They FINALLY sorted out their combiners to become "reasonable" but too little too late if you ask me. I've seen WAAAY better combiner figs for years now with 3rd party stuff. It's like watching the slow kid in class finally figure out how to do long division after getting it wrong time after time ,failing, while everyone else blasts past him to the next grade.


Because of course budget restrictions or the fact these need to be sold to kids (and thus be safety-tested and be relatively simple) has absolutely nothing to do with it. Nope. Must be that Hasblow can't do combiners and that Transformers should be given to iGear so we can have a masterful recreation of every animation blunder-induced variation in Optimus Prime's model.

[quote]Oh.....and why are those shoulder cannons pointing back at Superions head?[/quote]

It's a hastily-readied prototype. It's not finished and it was awkwardly posed/transformed.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary: Updated with Generations and RID Video Clips! (1593194)
Posted by bwDEPTHcharge on July 24th, 2014 @ 1:47pm CDT
Menasor...Menasor... YYYYEEESSS!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary: Updated with Generations and RID Video Clips! (1593195)
Posted by Trikeboy on July 24th, 2014 @ 1:48pm CDT
Hasbro have tried to do combiners for years and still can't get it right. They might have finally done it with these but we will see when better, official pics get released. Yes, third parties can do better because they aren't designed with kids in mind. this is exactly why Hasbro needs to start looking into doing a high end line. they know the collectors are out there and are willing to drop the cash for great designed products but they are letting other companies rule the roost. They can still produce the kids stuff, I have no issue with that. The best example is LEGO. There is a company that mainly produces kids toys but they have a very successful collector range of large, expensive models that adults can buy and enjoy.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary: Updated with Generations and RID Video Clips! (1593196)
Posted by MGrotusque on July 24th, 2014 @ 1:52pm CDT
Delta Magnus wrote:
MGrotusque wrote:It's Hasbro. It is what is. They FINALLY sorted out their combiners to become "reasonable" but too little too late if you ask me. I've seen WAAAY better combiner figs for years now with 3rd party stuff. It's like watching the slow kid in class finally figure out how to do long division after getting it wrong time after time ,failing, while everyone else blasts past him to the next grade.


Because of course budget restrictions or the fact these need to be sold to kids (and thus be safety-tested and be relatively simple) has absolutely nothing to do with it. Nope. Must be that Hasblow can't do combiners and that Transformers should be given to iGear so we can have a masterful recreation of every animation blunder-induced variation in Optimus Prime's model.

[quote]Oh.....and why are those shoulder cannons pointing back at Superions head?


It's a hastily-readied prototype. It's not finished and it was awkwardly posed/transformed.[/quote]

I know you think your being witty and super smart and i'm also a fan of sarcasm. But i think you've completely forgotten how pretty much every new combiner Hasbro has ever done in the past decade was almost a complete abomination of nonsense. Yes i understand about child safety laws and budget restrictions but that has nothing to do with properly proportioned and aesthetically pleasing combiners. The combiner formula was established in the 80's and they seemed to have completely forgotten how to do it till just now.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary: Updated with Generations and RID Video Clips! (1593197)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 24th, 2014 @ 1:55pm CDT
Combiners are looking good, even the Stunticons, now that I've seen pics of the individual figures. Still, I don't really collect Stunticons so I'll likely skip. The Aerialbots are looking very kibble-heavy, but what can you do. Something's gotta give, I'd rather have awesome bot & combiner modes and sacrifice a bit of vehicle mode realism. So far these are must-buys for me. I just hope Hasbro doesn't screw it up by making them neon colors or something like Fruiticus.

One thing I am really glad for is that they're kicking AoE to the curb instead of dragging it to death for 2+ years like the last few movie lines. Thank Primus.

I wonder if anyone got pics of the RiD2015 toys? Curious to see how they turn out. I may skip the line if it's mostly kid-focused, but I might pick up a few gems if there are any.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary: Updated with Generations and RID Video Clips! (1593199)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 24th, 2014 @ 2:00pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:Combiners are looking good, even the Stunticons, now that I've seen pics of the individual figures. Still, I don't really collect Stunticons so I'll likely skip. The Aerialbots are looking very kibble-heavy, but what can you do. Something's gotta give, I'd rather have awesome bot & combiner modes and sacrifice a bit of vehicle mode realism. So far these are must-buys for me. I just hope Hasbro doesn't screw it up by making them neon colors or something like Fruiticus.

One thing I am really glad for is that they're kicking AoE to the curb instead of dragging it to death for 2+ years like the last few movie lines. Thank Primus.

I wonder if anyone got pics of the RiD2015 toys? Curious to see how they turn out. I may skip the line if it's mostly kid-focused, but I might pick up a few gems if there are any.


Great point.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary: Updated with Generations and RID Video Clips! (1593200)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 24th, 2014 @ 2:01pm CDT
Superion and Menasor look spectacularly awesome. However, I've got a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach that these figures would be cancelled or hard to find in stores like Thundertron. I just can't take this feeling from me.
Mindmaster wrote:

Nice for pointing that out! :APPLAUSE:
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary: Updated with Generations and RID Video Clips! (1593202)
Posted by K2vox on July 24th, 2014 @ 2:02pm CDT
I love it when Hasbro helps me save money by putting out stuff like this
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary: Updated with Generations and RID Video Clips! (1593203)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 24th, 2014 @ 2:03pm CDT
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary: Updated with Generations and RID Video Clips! (1593205)
Posted by Peridot on July 24th, 2014 @ 2:11pm CDT
The new show reminds me of TRON: Uprising. Which makes sense, as they're animated by the same studio.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary: Updated with Generations and RID Video Clips! (1593206)
Posted by dreadwing95 on July 24th, 2014 @ 2:12pm CDT
well the new show looks umm... odd
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary: Updated with Generations and RID Video Clips! (1593207)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 24th, 2014 @ 2:12pm CDT
All I have to say about the combiners is, real hands, real feet, I'm in. I did notice on Superion that Powerglide just attaches to what looks like the classic gun so I'm glad I don't have to use it if I don't want to.

Kinda bummed that the assortments will be breaking up the teams, would've like one wave to be one team. Yes I am a bit worried that certain limbs will be hard to find.

Nice to hear we're getting Transforming Kreos, just as long as they're not built to rule.

Is that Platinum Prime/Grimlock set the leader set we saw at Bot Con? Word of advice, DON'T ORDER OFF KMART.COM trust me.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary: Updated with Generations and RID Video Clips! (1593208)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 24th, 2014 @ 2:15pm CDT
New combiners? Possible combiner action in the comics? I'm one happy fan :) Plus if most of you dont like them, then all the more for me :P

Also to whoever brought up Lego and their adult collector products, your forgetting one simple thing, those adult items are still made of Lego, which have gone through the safety tests etc. Hasbro can't just package what they normally make every day as an adult thing. Although having said that isn't he mmasterpiece line for? Hasbro seem to be doing fine the way they doing .thing
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage - Hasbro Transformers Panel Summary: Updated with Generations and RID Video Clips! (1593209)
Posted by Bluespindash97 on July 24th, 2014 @ 2:16pm CDT
I hope these guys are available in a gift set, trying to track these guys down separately is gonna be a nightmare!

Beside that, nerdgasmic!

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS INFERNUM SWORD VOYAGER CLASS PREDAKING NEW - Time Remaining: 5 days 23 hours 57 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers: Generation 1 #1 Foil_CGC 9.8 SS_Cullen (Optimus) Welker (Megatron) - Time Remaining: 5 days 10 hours 13 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers cybertron voyager class Jetfire complete - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 58 minutes 34 seconds
Transformers Cybertron Ultra Class: Cybertron Defense Red Alert - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 58 minutes 29 seconds
Vintage 1985 Transformers G1 Omega Supreme Autobot Defense Base Complete w/ Box - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 31 minutes 24 seconds
TAP-OUT Botcon 2002 Transformers Exclusive Action Figure **FACTORY Sealed! - Time Remaining: 6 days 12 hours 3 minutes 10 seconds
original G1 Transformers WHEELJACK SPOILER part - Time Remaining: 4 days 19 hours 20 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars RAZOR CLAW Complete Mutants Figure RAZORCLAW - Time Remaining: 24 days 23 hours 51 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
Twincast / Podcast #153:
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016