SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons

Thursday, July 24th, 2014 5:52PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 22,235

Site owner Seibertron was on the scene of the post-Hasbro Panel showroom display, and we here at Seibertron.com bring to you our first look at new Kre-O Kreons Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Starscream! These Kreons are similar to the Microchange Kreons of before: same idea, but different execution. How different? The robot and vehicle modes are much larger, and, unlike Kre-O sets from before, these require no partsforming at all! Take a look at the four images below, courtesy of Seibertron himself!

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons

UPDATE

Also, according to the Big Man himself, eveybody's favorite Dinobot Grimlock will also be joining Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Starscream in the first wave, and a Triplechanger character (who, we do not know at this time) is planned for release during Fall 2014. No images at this time. Sorry, Kreon fans!
Credit(s): Seibertron.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons (1593323)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 24th, 2014 @ 5:56pm CDT
durroth wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
I hoped someone at least mentioned Masterpiece Star Saber... I'd like to own him when he's released, but without paying import prices.

If Prowl is any indication, you should pay import prices ;)

What's wrong with the domestic prowl release? I thought there were no major changes between them reported so far. Has something come up?
Hasbro's MP Prowl costs more than Takara's MP Prowl, even when import prices are factored into the cost.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons (1593326)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:00pm CDT
El Duque wrote:Hasbro has released a brief preview of their upcoming Transformers: Robots in Disguise series, which will debut on the Hub Network in 2015. Enjoy the preview embedded below!

And of course it's blocked from my European end.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons (1593327)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:01pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

And of course it's blocked from my European end.
It's blocked from my U.S. end too.

It looks like it just got taken down.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons (1593328)
Posted by El Duque on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:06pm CDT
It can also be viewed on the TF Facebook page:

Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons (1593330)
Posted by Bouncy X on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:12pm CDT
the animation seems pretty good, the faces remind me of the recent Tron series...wonder if its the same studio doing the work. i'll give it a shot for sure.

and yeah, the link didn't work on this page but it worked fine through the facebook link provided.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons (1593331)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:12pm CDT
We need a Titan Class Trypticon! Not a War for Cybertron battleship that transforms into half of a dinosaur.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons (1593332)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:13pm CDT
El Duque wrote:It can also be viewed on the TF Facebook page:

And why am I not surprised I see a lot of negativity there? Nothing but hot air >:oP
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons (1593333)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:20pm CDT
And now, the moment you've all been waiting for... official images for the newly-revealed Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons! The Aerialbots, comprised of traditional team members Silverbolt, Air Raid, Skydive, and Firefly (originally Fireflight. Darn those trademark laws!) are joined by Alpha Bravo (a very Vortex-like character replacing Slingshot) and honorary Aerialbot Powerglide (revealed at BotCon last month), who is revealed to also transform into a weapon capable of being wielded by the Aerialbots' combined mode, Superion!

Meanwhile, their Decepticon counterparts, the Stunticons, are comprised of Motormaster (a redeco and heavy retool of the previously-revealed Voyager Optimus Prime), Breakdown, Dead End, Dragstrip, and newcomer Offroad, an apparent duo-homage of Generation One Ruckus and Wildrider, whose vehicle mode deco Offroad's vehice mode is based on. Also included in Team Stunticon is an as-of-yet-named Legends-class sports car, rumored to be Blackjack, based and named after the Generation One character of the same name, who forms the chestplate of the Stunticons' combined mode, Menasor!

Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons (1593335)
Posted by Zeek99g on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:25pm CDT

If you want to know what I mean by darker watch the show Young Justice. Its for kids. ;)
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons (1593336)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:28pm CDT
And to go along with that batch of Generations images, here are some official stock photos for the upcoming Robots in Disguise animated series! The batch includes Legion Optimus Prime and Strongarm (new Autobot character), Hyper Change Bumblebee, One-Step Underbite (new Decepticon character) and Sideswipe, and Warrior (Deluxe size) Bumblebee - who is, we remind you, the main star of the show. Check them all out below!

Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons (1593337)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:28pm CDT
Zeek99g wrote:The new series looks good. I wonder if it will be a darker storyline than TF Prime.

It's been said by Hasbro that it's the opposite.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons (1593338)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:29pm CDT
Nope! Just the opposite.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons (1593339)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:33pm CDT
I love these even more now :D Next year will be a busy year for me. I'm personally not bothered by any member changes as I plan my collection around what looks visually appealing to me...Plus I freaking love gesalts of all kinds.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons (1593341)
Posted by STngAR on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:36pm CDT
I'm like the look of that deluxe bee. Not bad, not bad at all.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons (1593344)
Posted by jgilkinson on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:41pm CDT
That Superion is everything I have ever wanted in a combiner. But why did they miss form him by leaving Airraid out?
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons (1593345)
Posted by Mkall on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:42pm CDT
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons (1593346)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:42pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
durroth wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

If Prowl is any indication, you should pay import prices ;)

Really? I thought it was $60 and change. I paid $80+ from BBTS for the Amazon exclusive with one launcher and the coin.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons (1593347)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:44pm CDT
Mkall wrote:Interesting... it looks like the combiner's hands and feet are the same part that can transform. I love Superion, and I'm seriously debating whether or not to get the Stunticons to display separately.

Honestly, I'm just glad they aren't trying to force the integration of the appendages into the figures themselves. They tried that with Fall of Cybetron Bruticus, and we all know how well that turned out.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons (1593348)
Posted by sabrigami on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:44pm CDT
I am liking the direction of the new deluxe. The style and details Hasbro is pulling off are really something. I know it comes at the cost of more simple transformations. But I am more than willing to pay that price if the figures are look more complete and like actual action figures like they do here. It will be an exciting year in 2015 indeed :)
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Kre-O Transforming Kreons (1593349)
Posted by STngAR on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:45pm CDT
A little to early to judge the new cartoon but As of righ now I'm not too impressed

:MAXIMAL:

Ending Soon On eBay

TAKARA TRANSFORMERS WORLD SMALLEST WST G1 BUMBLEBEE UNITED/HENKEI/CLASSIC - Time Remaining: 5 days 22 hours 27 minutes 28 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS LG-EX BLACK CONVOY TOKYO TOY SHOW EXCLUSIVE G2 - Time Remaining:  5 hours 27 minutes 25 seconds
Q-Transformers QT12 Sunstreaker (Mazda RX-7 FD3S) Takara Tomy - Time Remaining:  5 hours 28 minutes 53 seconds
TRANSFORMERS KRE-O ASIA EXCLUSIVE HASBRO USB 2.0 HUB 4 PORT OPTIMUS PRIME - Time Remaining: 7 days 2 hours 34 minutes 29 seconds
TRANSFORMERS MOVIE DELUXE CLASS RED CHEVY CAMERO RACING STRIPES CLIFFJUMPER RARE - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 2 minutes 32 seconds
Takara Transformers Rid Landfill BUILD TEAM 4Set Build King - Time Remaining: 6 days 22 hours 33 minutes 13 seconds
Hasbro First Edition Transformers Prime Voyager Optimus Prime - Multilingual box - Time Remaining: 7 days 2 hours 58 minutes 43 seconds
TRANSFORMERS animated 80s movie 20TH soundtrack CD optimus prime unicron rodimus - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 hours 24 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents