Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Official Images of Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons

Thursday, July 24th, 2014 6:22PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 75,549

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for... official images for the newly-revealed Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons! The Aerialbots, comprised of traditional team members Silverbolt, Air Raid, Skydive, and Firefly (originally Fireflight. Darn those trademark laws!) are joined by Alpha Bravo (a very Vortex-like character replacing Slingshot) and honorary Aerialbot Powerglide (revealed at BotCon last month), who is revealed to also transform into a weapon capable of being wielded by the Aerialbots' combined mode, Superion!

Meanwhile, their Decepticon counterparts, the Stunticons, are comprised of Motormaster (a redeco and heavy retool of the previously-revealed Voyager Optimus Prime), Breakdown, Dead End, Dragstrip, and newcomer Offroad, an apparent duo-homage of Generation One Ruckus and Wildrider, whose vehicle mode deco Offroad's vehice mode is based on. Also included in Team Stunticon is an as-of-yet-named Legends-class sports car, rumored to be Blackjack, based and named after the Generation One character of the same name, who forms the chestplate of the Stunticons' combined mode, Menasor!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Official Images of Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons (1593335)
Posted by Zeek99g on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:25pm CDT

If you want to know what I mean by darker watch the show Young Justice. Its for kids. ;)
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Official Images of Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons (1593336)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:28pm CDT
And to go along with that batch of Generations images, here are some official stock photos for the upcoming Robots in Disguise animated series! The batch includes Legion Optimus Prime and Strongarm (new Autobot character), Hyper Change Bumblebee, One-Step Underbite (new Decepticon character) and Sideswipe, and Warrior (Deluxe size) Bumblebee - who is, we remind you, the main star of the show. Check them all out below!

Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Official Images of Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons (1593337)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:28pm CDT
Zeek99g wrote:The new series looks good. I wonder if it will be a darker storyline than TF Prime.

It's been said by Hasbro that it's the opposite.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Official Images of Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons (1593338)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:29pm CDT
Nope! Just the opposite.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Official Images of Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons (1593339)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:33pm CDT
I love these even more now :D Next year will be a busy year for me. I'm personally not bothered by any member changes as I plan my collection around what looks visually appealing to me...Plus I freaking love gesalts of all kinds.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Official Images of Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons (1593341)
Posted by STngAR on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:36pm CDT
I'm like the look of that deluxe bee. Not bad, not bad at all.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Official Images of Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons (1593344)
Posted by jgilkinson on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:41pm CDT
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Official Images of Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons (1593345)
Posted by Mkall on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:42pm CDT
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Official Images of Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons (1593346)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:42pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
durroth wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
I hoped someone at least mentioned Masterpiece Star Saber... I'd like to own him when he's released, but without paying import prices.

If Prowl is any indication, you should pay import prices ;)

What's wrong with the domestic prowl release? I thought there were no major changes between them reported so far. Has something come up?
Hasbro's MP Prowl costs more than Takara's MP Prowl, even when import prices are factored into the cost.

Really? I thought it was $60 and change. I paid $80+ from BBTS for the Amazon exclusive with one launcher and the coin.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Official Images of Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons (1593347)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:44pm CDT
Mkall wrote:Interesting... it looks like the combiner's hands and feet are the same part that can transform. I love Superion, and I'm seriously debating whether or not to get the Stunticons to display separately.

Honestly, I'm just glad they aren't trying to force the integration of the appendages into the figures themselves. They tried that with Fall of Cybetron Bruticus, and we all know how well that turned out.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Official Images of Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons (1593348)
Posted by sabrigami on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:44pm CDT
I am liking the direction of the new deluxe. The style and details Hasbro is pulling off are really something. I know it comes at the cost of more simple transformations. But I am more than willing to pay that price if the figures are look more complete and like actual action figures like they do here. It will be an exciting year in 2015 indeed :)
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Official Images of Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons (1593349)
Posted by STngAR on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:45pm CDT
A little to early to judge the new cartoon but As of righ now I'm not too impressed

:MAXIMAL:
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Official Images of Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons (1593350)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:45pm CDT

Hmmmm. Alpha Bravo doesn't look anything like Universe Ro-tor.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Official Images of Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons (1593351)
Posted by mooncake623 on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:46pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
durroth wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

If Prowl is any indication, you should pay import prices ;)

I paid around 50ish shipped from Japan for the cars
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Official Images of Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons (1593352)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:47pm CDT

OR are we going to see updates to Prime's drones from TF: Energon?
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Official Images of Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons (1593353)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:50pm CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Motormaster looks WAY better in that mold than Optimus does. Though I wonder, if Optimus is using a Combiner Torso mold, will he be able to combine with the Arialbots? Will the Limb-bots be modular "Scramble City" style?

OR are we going to see updates to Prime's drones from TF: Energon?

Here's art that was used at the panel briefing today. You be the judge. ;)

Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Official Images of Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons (1593354)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:52pm CDT

OR are we going to see updates to Prime's drones from TF: Energon?

Yup, they're scramble city style ;) feel free to put prime with the stunticons :lol:
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Official Images of Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons (1593355)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:54pm CDT
jgilkinson wrote:That Superion is everything I have ever wanted in a combiner. But why did they miss form him by leaving Airraid out?
What do you mean? He's right there:

chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
durroth wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

If Prowl is any indication, you should pay import prices ;)

You have to know where to look. Some folks managed to get theirs between $45-$60 total. Hasbro's MP Prowl is gonna have a $70 base price, which TRU will undoubted up the price even further.

OptimalOptimus2 wrote:I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Warrior Class Bumblebee is awesome. I'm love struck with Underbite's mold and colors. The Aerialbots Silverbolt, Air Raid, Skydive, Alpha Bravo, and Firefly? Firefly sounds like a big trademark fight that Hasbro won.

Hmmmm. Alpha Bravo doesn't look anything like Universe Ro-tor.
He' more like Vortex wearing Slingshot's colors.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Official Images of Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons (1593356)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:55pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

OR are we going to see updates to Prime's drones from TF: Energon?

Here's art that was used at the panel briefing today. You be the judge. ;)

Ah, I just hadn't fished around to,see all of the images. There's just so many!

But, it looks like those are in fact the Arialbots, and they do appear to work as in the days of old.

I am one happy fan.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Official Images of Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons (1593360)
Posted by Peridot on July 24th, 2014 @ 7:01pm CDT
Holy crap, a Fembot that isn't an Arcee copy!

Ending Soon On eBay

2009 TRANSFORMERS SOUNDWAVE & RATBAT Animated Action Figures Deluxe COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 7 days 5 hours 48 minutes 39 seconds
1986 Octane Complete with Box G1 Transformers Triple Changer - Time Remaining: 14 days 17 hours 3 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers DECEPTICON VORTEX Deluxe Class Generations Combiner Wars Bruticus - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 35 minutes 57 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars VICTORION BOX SET - Fan's Choice! - Time Remaining: 2 days 3 hours 8 minutes
Takara Tomy Transformers MasterPiece MP-20 WheelJack Figure with COIN Genuine - Time Remaining: 7 days 4 hours 40 minutes 53 seconds
Lot of 3 Transformers 23-Inch Kites--Go fly a kite! - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 44 minutes 39 seconds
RARE Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heros Medix - The Doc-Bot Figure b4 - Time Remaining: 8 days 16 hours 4 minutes 23 seconds
Takara Tomy MP-10 Optimus Prime Convoy Transformers Masterpiece Action Figure - Time Remaining: 7 days 5 hours 27 minutes 56 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory