SDCC 2014 Coverage: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Preview

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Preview

Thursday, July 24th, 2014 5:53PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 49,205

Hasbro has released a brief preview of their upcoming Transformers: Robots in Disguise series, which will debut on the Hub Network in 2015. Enjoy the sneak peek embedded below:

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Preview (1593323)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 24th, 2014 @ 5:56pm CDT
durroth wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
I hoped someone at least mentioned Masterpiece Star Saber... I'd like to own him when he's released, but without paying import prices.

If Prowl is any indication, you should pay import prices ;)

What's wrong with the domestic prowl release? I thought there were no major changes between them reported so far. Has something come up?
Hasbro's MP Prowl costs more than Takara's MP Prowl, even when import prices are factored into the cost.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Preview (1593326)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:00pm CDT
El Duque wrote:Hasbro has released a brief preview of their upcoming Transformers: Robots in Disguise series, which will debut on the Hub Network in 2015. Enjoy the preview embedded below!

And of course it's blocked from my European end.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Preview (1593327)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:01pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

And of course it's blocked from my European end.
It's blocked from my U.S. end too.

It looks like it just got taken down.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Preview (1593328)
Posted by El Duque on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:06pm CDT
It can also be viewed on the TF Facebook page:

Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Preview (1593330)
Posted by Bouncy X on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:12pm CDT
the animation seems pretty good, the faces remind me of the recent Tron series...wonder if its the same studio doing the work. i'll give it a shot for sure.

and yeah, the link didn't work on this page but it worked fine through the facebook link provided.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Preview (1593331)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:12pm CDT
We need a Titan Class Trypticon! Not a War for Cybertron battleship that transforms into half of a dinosaur.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Preview (1593332)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:13pm CDT
El Duque wrote:It can also be viewed on the TF Facebook page:

And why am I not surprised I see a lot of negativity there? Nothing but hot air >:oP
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Preview (1593333)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:20pm CDT
And now, the moment you've all been waiting for... official images for the newly-revealed Generations: Combiner Wars Aerialbots and Stunticons! The Aerialbots, comprised of traditional team members Silverbolt, Air Raid, Skydive, and Firefly (originally Fireflight. Darn those trademark laws!) are joined by Alpha Bravo (a very Vortex-like character replacing Slingshot) and honorary Aerialbot Powerglide (revealed at BotCon last month), who is revealed to also transform into a weapon capable of being wielded by the Aerialbots' combined mode, Superion!

Meanwhile, their Decepticon counterparts, the Stunticons, are comprised of Motormaster (a redeco and heavy retool of the previously-revealed Voyager Optimus Prime), Breakdown, Dead End, Dragstrip, and newcomer Offroad, an apparent duo-homage of Generation One Ruckus and Wildrider, whose vehicle mode deco Offroad's vehice mode is based on. Also included in Team Stunticon is an as-of-yet-named Legends-class sports car, rumored to be Blackjack, based and named after the Generation One character of the same name, who forms the chestplate of the Stunticons' combined mode, Menasor!

Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Preview (1593335)
Posted by Zeek99g on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:25pm CDT

If you want to know what I mean by darker watch the show Young Justice. Its for kids. ;)
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Preview (1593336)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:28pm CDT
And to go along with that batch of Generations images, here are some official stock photos for the upcoming Robots in Disguise animated series! The batch includes Legion Optimus Prime and Strongarm (new Autobot character), Hyper Change Bumblebee, One-Step Underbite (new Decepticon character) and Sideswipe, and Warrior (Deluxe size) Bumblebee - who is, we remind you, the main star of the show. Check them all out below!

Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Preview (1593337)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:28pm CDT
Zeek99g wrote:The new series looks good. I wonder if it will be a darker storyline than TF Prime.

It's been said by Hasbro that it's the opposite.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Preview (1593338)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:29pm CDT
Nope! Just the opposite.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Preview (1593339)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:33pm CDT
I love these even more now :D Next year will be a busy year for me. I'm personally not bothered by any member changes as I plan my collection around what looks visually appealing to me...Plus I freaking love gesalts of all kinds.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Preview (1593341)
Posted by STngAR on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:36pm CDT
I'm like the look of that deluxe bee. Not bad, not bad at all.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Preview (1593344)
Posted by jgilkinson on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:41pm CDT
That Superion is everything I have ever wanted in a combiner. But why did they miss form him by leaving Airraid out?
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Preview (1593345)
Posted by Mkall on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:42pm CDT
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Preview (1593346)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:42pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
durroth wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:

If Prowl is any indication, you should pay import prices ;)

Really? I thought it was $60 and change. I paid $80+ from BBTS for the Amazon exclusive with one launcher and the coin.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Preview (1593347)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:44pm CDT
Mkall wrote:Interesting... it looks like the combiner's hands and feet are the same part that can transform. I love Superion, and I'm seriously debating whether or not to get the Stunticons to display separately.

Honestly, I'm just glad they aren't trying to force the integration of the appendages into the figures themselves. They tried that with Fall of Cybetron Bruticus, and we all know how well that turned out.
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Preview (1593348)
Posted by sabrigami on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:44pm CDT
I am liking the direction of the new deluxe. The style and details Hasbro is pulling off are really something. I know it comes at the cost of more simple transformations. But I am more than willing to pay that price if the figures are look more complete and like actual action figures like they do here. It will be an exciting year in 2015 indeed :)
Re: SDCC 2014 Coverage: Transformers: Robots in Disguise Preview (1593349)
Posted by STngAR on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:45pm CDT
A little to early to judge the new cartoon but As of righ now I'm not too impressed

:MAXIMAL:

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers DotM ~ SIDESWIPE ~  Wal*Mart Exclusive - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 22 minutes 35 seconds
Hasbro Transformers DotM ~ IRONHIDE ~ The Scan Series - ToysRus Exclusive - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 22 minutes 38 seconds
Hasbro Transformers DotM ~ SIDESWIPE ~ The Scan Series - ToysRus Exclusive - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 22 minutes 37 seconds
Hasbro Transformers DotM ~ BUMBLEBEE ~  Wal*Mart Exclusive - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 24 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers ROTF Back Road Brawl Set~ HOIST & MIXMASTER~ 2009 TRU Exclusive - Time Remaining: 3 days 10 hours 9 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars- SCOURGE - Transmetals 2 - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 39 minutes 36 seconds
MISB in USA - Takara Transformers Masterpiece MP-20 Wheeljack Lancia - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 11 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Motormaster, Dragstrip, Dead End, Brea... - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 49 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory