SDCC 2014 Transformers Set Revealed: Knights of Unicron Metal Band

Transformers News: SDCC 2014 Transformers Set Revealed: Knights of Unicron Metal Band

Wednesday, June 4th, 2014 1:57PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 30,408

Bringing the literal definition of Heavy Metal to life, Entertainment Tonight has teased the upcoming SDCC Transformers set. War for Cybertron Optimus Prime, Megatron, Soundwave and Fall of Cybertron Jazz have been repainted, given hair (yes hair), and paired with Transformers: Animated Ratbat and Laserbeak to form the metal band Knights of Unicron!

SDCC will be happening JULY 24-27

Transformers News: SDCC Transformers Set Revealed: Knights of Unicron Metal Band

Credit(s): ET Online

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: SDCC 2014 Transformers Set Revealed: Knights of Unicron Metal Band (1579413)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on June 4th, 2014 @ 2:02pm CDT
I was afraid something like this would happen. #-o
Re: SDCC 2014 Transformers Set Revealed: Knights of Unicron Metal Band (1579414)
Posted by EagleBot13 on June 4th, 2014 @ 2:03pm CDT
Um... well... ah. Not sure what to think of this. :???:
Re: SDCC 2014 Transformers Set Revealed: Knights of Unicron Metal Band (1579417)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 4th, 2014 @ 2:06pm CDT
Ha ha. April Fools was two months ago. This is a bit late.
Re: SDCC 2014 Transformers Set Revealed: Knights of Unicron Metal Band (1579418)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on June 4th, 2014 @ 2:07pm CDT
Alright, well. This is just brilliant! :D
Re: SDCC 2014 Transformers Set Revealed: Knights of Unicron Metal Band (1579419)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on June 4th, 2014 @ 2:08pm CDT
If I were a wealthy man...
Seriously though, why Jazz? That toy is universally reviled. I'll admit I can't think of a lot of alternatives FOC-wise, but still
Re: SDCC 2014 Transformers Set Revealed: Knights of Unicron Metal Band (1579420)
Posted by philswitch engage on June 4th, 2014 @ 2:09pm CDT
I love it!

I hate it!

I must have it!

I can not afforded it.
Re: SDCC 2014 Transformers Set Revealed: Knights of Unicron Metal Band (1579423)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on June 4th, 2014 @ 2:15pm CDT
This is it. This is the pinnacle of Transformers. Nothing will ever be better than Hair Metal Prime.

If only I could afford it.
Re: SDCC 2014 Transformers Set Revealed: Knights of Unicron Metal Band (1579424)
Posted by dragons on June 4th, 2014 @ 2:16pm CDT
how they transform with hair on there heads?
Re: SDCC 2014 Transformers Set Revealed: Knights of Unicron Metal Band (1579425)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on June 4th, 2014 @ 2:19pm CDT
I need a WFC Megs, but not with a flaming hair style and a wacky paint job. :SICK:
Re: SDCC 2014 Transformers Set Revealed: Knights of Unicron Metal Band (1579426)
Posted by ScottyP on June 4th, 2014 @ 2:19pm CDT
I have complex and detailed opinions on this, but for now, I'll just say that this reveal has me on a hair metal listening spree.
Re: SDCC 2014 Transformers Set Revealed: Knights of Unicron Metal Band (1579427)
Posted by Optimizzy on June 4th, 2014 @ 2:20pm CDT
Um, its cute...but I wont pay the exorbitant prices for it.
Re: SDCC 2014 Transformers Set Revealed: Knights of Unicron Metal Band (1579428)
Posted by Mkall on June 4th, 2014 @ 2:21pm CDT
My first thought was "WTF".
My second thought was "strip off most of the crap accessories, and they might look decent"
Re: SDCC 2014 Transformers Set Revealed: Knights of Unicron Metal Band (1579430)
Posted by craggy on June 4th, 2014 @ 2:23pm CDT
Nothin's Gonna Stand In My Way...of getting these!

(actually, I'm not arsed about them, but I do appreciate the novelty value. At least it wasn't something ridiculously Mass Market appealing like say a G1 leader in classics style)
Re: SDCC 2014 Transformers Set Revealed: Knights of Unicron Metal Band (1579432)
Posted by mattj972 on June 4th, 2014 @ 2:27pm CDT
Well, that's a huge pile of crap.
Re: SDCC 2014 Transformers Set Revealed: Knights of Unicron Metal Band (1579433)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 4th, 2014 @ 2:28pm CDT
welcometothedarksyde wrote:If I were a wealthy man...
Seriously though, why Jazz? That toy is universally reviled.

Maybe they had a truckload of them headed for a landfill in New Mexico and decided to use them for this instead.
Re: SDCC 2014 Transformers Set Revealed: Knights of Unicron Metal Band (1579434)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 4th, 2014 @ 2:34pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:
welcometothedarksyde wrote:If I were a wealthy man...
Seriously though, why Jazz? That toy is universally reviled.

Nothing can top the one behind the Video Game Crash of 1983. :twisted:

Seriously though, we have Prime vs. Megatron, Blaster was unavailable for Soundwave so they went with the next best music geek... I'm guessing.

Nice idea, but that's all it is.
Re: SDCC 2014 Transformers Set Revealed: Knights of Unicron Metal Band (1579437)
Posted by Go-Faster-Wings on June 4th, 2014 @ 2:37pm CDT
Holy God yes. This is freaking hilarious. If I had the money I would totally buy this and display it proudly. I love this so much.
Re: SDCC 2014 Transformers Set Revealed: Knights of Unicron Metal Band (1579438)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 4th, 2014 @ 2:38pm CDT
/:)

I'm not sure what to say. It's not something I'd ever want, but I'm kinda pleased it actually exists.
Re: SDCC 2014 Transformers Set Revealed: Knights of Unicron Metal Band (1579440)
Posted by reluctantyouth on June 4th, 2014 @ 2:54pm CDT
I harness my inner Yoda when I say...

Break me a F$%^&*G give!!!

I would expect something this crazy from Takara Tomy but not from Hasbro. Gosh will these be stinking up Hasbrotoyshop.com. Maybe. What is this abomination going to set people back $99.99? $129.99? Dare I say $149.99?

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
Re: SDCC 2014 Transformers Set Revealed: Knights of Unicron Metal Band (1579443)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 4th, 2014 @ 2:56pm CDT

Ending Soon On eBay

1985 Hasbro Transformers Constructicons Hook Action Figure (NOT BROKEN!) - Time Remaining: 26 days 4 hours 29 minutes 1 second
SDCC The War Within Grimlock Transformers Bust Diamond Select 061/600 - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 30 minutes 41 seconds
Vtg JETFIRE * 100% Complete 1985 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 2 hours 47 minutes 37 seconds
MISB in USA - Takara Transformers Adventure TAV-07 Roadblock Scoop - Time Remaining: 6 days 16 hours 18 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Henkei STARSCREAM  D-02 takara tomy generations - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 34 minutes
Transformers Robots in Disguise 2016 Warrior Class Starscream - Time Remaining: 2 days 2 hours 50 minutes 4 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 DECEPTICON SOUNDWAVE & BUZZSAW 1984 original edition! - Time Remaining: 5 days 1 hour 50 minutes 26 seconds
TRANSFORMERS RTS GENERATIONS LASER OPTIMUS PRIME MAKE TOYS BATTLE TANKER NICE - Time Remaining: 5 days 18 hours 35 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive