Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: SDCC: Toys"R"Us Announces Full 2014 Comic-Con Lineup Including Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm

Thursday, July 17th, 2014 6:44PM CDT

Categories: Event News, Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 20,309

Building on its tradition of offering an unbeatable assortment of toys for collectors of all ages, Toys“R”Us has revealed its full lineup of exclusive items available at the highly anticipated Comic-Con International in San Diego taking place Thursday, July 24 through Sunday, July 27. Conventioneers will find must-have merchandise based on fan-favorite series, including My Little Pony, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, TRANSFORMERS and more at the Entertainment Earth booth (#2343).

Toys“R”Us will also provide convention goers the opportunity to be among the first to purchase exclusive merchandise not yet available in stores, such as MINECRAFT Creeper Anatomy, MY LITTLE PONY EQUESTRIA GIRLS ZECORA and TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Prowl, among others. These first look items will become available in Toys“R”Us stores nationwide later this year.

Fans unable to journey to San Diego this year will also have the opportunity to purchase select items online at Toysrus.com/ComicConvention beginning at 10am EST on Thursday, July 24. All merchandise is available while supplies last, so fans should visit Entertainment Earth at booth #2243 or Toysrus.com/ComicConvention early to make purchases.

Toys“R”Us Exclusives Available Only at San Diego Comic-Con Include:

BATMAN The Joker from Schleich®
From the new DC Comics Collection comes a Toys“R”Us exclusive Joker figure. Celebrating Batman’s 75th anniversary, this highly detailed figure is the first in an all-new line of collectible figurines based on DC Comics iconic characters and will be available for conventioneers for $10.

G.I. JOE DANGER AT THE DOCKS: URBAN ASSAULT 2-Pack from Hasbro®
Flint is armed and ready to stop the Cobra Eel Trooper from slithering onto shore from the sea in this detailed vehicle set. Flint will chase him down in his V.A.M.P. MK-II Multi-Purpose Attack Vehicle, but the Cobra Eel Trooper has a fast Night Raft to help him make his escape. Fans can find out who prevails in the fast-moving Cobra-G.I. duel for $30.

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back 2-Pack from Minimates
The comic book heroes created by director Kevin Smith and featured in Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back are now available in the form of Minimates mini-figures. This Toys“R”Us exclusive 2-pack set is based on the characters’ distinctive comic book appearances. Each Minimate stands 2-inches tall and has 14 points of articulation, along with a variety of interchangeable parts. Convention goers can purchase this Diamond Select Toys™ item, which is designed and sculpted by Art Asylum, for $10.

Winged Fairy Maleficent from JAKKS
Fans of the movie can recreate and relive the fierce and exciting battle scene from the hit Disney film Maleficent with this highly detailed doll. Maleficent is ready to seek vengeance, but is still stylishly dressed in a fitted black body suit with knee high boots, dramatic black wings and elegant horns. This Toys“R”Us exclusive, true-to-character doll can be purchased by fans for $30.

Toys“R”Us First-Look Items Coming Soon to Its Stores Nationwide:

MINECRAFT™ Creeper Anatomy from Spin Master™
The most iconic MINECRAFT™ enemy comes to life as this premium vinyl figure. Kids will love discovering what makes this exploding monster “tick” by dissecting and re-assembling its body, skeleton and “TNT” core. Perfect for collectors, this one-of-a-kind item features a window display packaging with foil printing, including detailed info regarding the creature’s anatomy. Convention attendees can sneak home with this item for $40.

MY LITTLE PONY EQUESTRIA GIRLS ZECORA from Hasbro®
Full of high-style and fashion secrets, EQUESTRIA GIRLS ZECORA is a true punk rockstar. With wild hair, sassy boots and a dramatic outfit, ZECORA is on-trend and ready to rock out with her pony friends. Complete with a clip-in ponytail, fans can dress ZECORA up to create the best EQUESTRIA GIRLS look ever. This collectible figure can be purchased for $20.

MY LITTLE PONY QUEEN CHRYSALIS from Hasbro®
Convention goers can be a part of the “Ponymania” with this electronic QUEEN CHRYSALIS pony. This royal pony wants to take over Equestria, and only the magic of friendship can stop her. QUEEN CHRYSALIS talks as her blue wings illuminate and move, and her blue mane can be styled with the included comb and barrettes. This pretty pony can gallop home with fans for $25.

POWER RANGERS Mighty Morphin' Legacy Lord Zedd from Bandai™
The original Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers come to life in this collectable 5-inch figure. Highly detailed to include show-accurate styling, Lord Zedd comes with multiple points of articulation and muscular, heroic design, and is perfect for play or to put on display. Complete collectable legacy packaging styled after the original Mighty Morphin’ figures released by Bandai America in 1993. This figure is available to Power Rangers collectors and kids for $20.

Star Wars™ Black Series Cantina Showdown from Hasbro®
Recreate the biggest Star Wars™ battles with figures from The Black Series. Han Solo and Greedo face off in the Mos Eisley Cantina. Han has been dodging the bounty hunter for a long time, but at last Greedo has tracked him down. This set includes two highly articulated 6-inch figures that are part of the ultimate Star Wars collection. Both figures have holsters and blasters, and the Han Solo figure has an extra set of hands. Star Wars fans can add this to their collection for $40.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles® Classic Figure Collection from Playmates
Available for the first time, these classic figures are based off the original Turtles character costumes created by Jim Henson Productions for the classic 1990's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles® movie. With 34 points of articulation, signature weapons and a personalized sewer lid name plate, they are a perfect re-creation of the old school Turtles that busted onto the movie screen and changed the Turtles world in a big way. Fans can take home these fun-loving and pizza-eating teen Turtles for $20 each.

TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Prowl from Hasbro®
Prowl is a clear thinker who is able to see beyond the chaos of battle and discover the rational route to victory. His logic center is the most sophisticated in the Autobot army, capable of analyzing complex combat situations and making strategic decisions almost instantaneously. Unexpected events have been known to briefly scramble his circuits, but there isn't much this Autobot doesn't see coming. As much as his fellow Autobots would like to see Prowl loosen up and crack a joke once in a while, they recognize that what makes him so brilliant on the battlefield is what makes him so disciplined off it. Conventioneers can take home this sneak peak item for $70.

TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Sunstorm from Hasbro®
Fly too close to the sun and get burned. Get too close to Sunstorm, and get dissolved into a puddle of liquid scrap. Autobots beware, because this ultimate Decepticon flier is on the hunt for someone to fight. He converts from robot mode to fighter jet mode, and in either mode he's armed for major combat. His canopy and nose cone open in jet mode, and his hidden missile pods deploy when he gets an Autobot in his sights. And, don’t forget to set him on his stand when the fight is over for the day. Fans can get this high-flying Decepticon with incredible battle features for $80.

Transformers News: SDCC: Toys"R"Us Announces Full 2014 Comic-Con Lineup

All Toys“R”Us exclusive items are limited editions and will be available on a first-come, first served basis, while supplies last.
Credit(s): Toys 'R' Us
Re: SDCC: Toys"R"Us Announces Full 2014 Comic-Con Lineup Including Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm (1591499)
Posted by Trikeboy on July 17th, 2014 @ 8:44pm CDT
Re: SDCC: Toys"R"Us Announces Full 2014 Comic-Con Lineup Including Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm (1591501)
Posted by megatronus on July 17th, 2014 @ 9:14pm CDT
There is no way Prowl's (initial) retail price should be more than MP Thundercracker's or Acid Storm's. Unless he comes with the Amazon exclusive launchers or some other accessory, I foresee clearance.
Re: SDCC: Toys"R"Us Announces Full 2014 Comic-Con Lineup Including Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm (1591514)
Posted by necr0blivion on July 17th, 2014 @ 10:38pm CDT
- almost same price, maybe even cheaper through some sites
- get to experience the figure months to a year before NA release, and
- you can order at your convenience online instead of stalking stores on shipment day

But I certainly can't complain about the price of Sunstorm.
Re: SDCC: Toys"R"Us Announces Full 2014 Comic-Con Lineup Including Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm (1591518)
Posted by Waxy on July 17th, 2014 @ 11:19pm CDT
Too bad about Prowl's price. Looks like TRU is making the same mistake with these MPs that they made with the Commemorative reissues. Oh well, I'll buy it anyway...
Re: SDCC: Toys"R"Us Announces Full 2014 Comic-Con Lineup Including Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm (1591520)
Posted by Bouncy X on July 17th, 2014 @ 11:38pm CDT
those turtles look nothing like the movie, i would have never guessed they were meant to be that version had the article not mentioned it. the heads totally look like a cartoon. the movie figures they made back in the day looked closer and they looked bad themselves.

i guess the bodies and "gear" sorta looks the same but in this age of great sculpts, i'm surprised they couldnt make them look way more screen acurate.
Re: SDCC: Toys"R"Us Announces Full 2014 Comic-Con Lineup Including Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm (1591524)
Posted by MenaceRX on July 18th, 2014 @ 12:05am CDT
Yeah the heads on the Turtles are ridiculous looking. I have the 4 classics. Those are fantastic. But these 4 wont be joining them.
Re: SDCC: Toys"R"Us Announces Full 2014 Comic-Con Lineup Including Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm (1591531)
Posted by petro rabbit on July 18th, 2014 @ 12:37am CDT
I agree with the horrible turtle head sculpts, but trust me they're not as bad as the old "movie star" ones with freckles haha.

When I first saw the sizes of Prowl and Sideswipe in person I couldn't believe they want that price for such tiny mp figures. And now I've waited and waited for this TRU version to be cheaper and it's basically the same price. Looks like I'll wait longer and buy a takara opened box prowl on ebay. Dammit TRU
Re: SDCC: Toys"R"Us Announces Full 2014 Comic-Con Lineup Including Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm (1591556)
Posted by rpetras on July 18th, 2014 @ 7:57am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:Why do all the recent Raphael toys come with him holding his sai's like that? He usually holds them by the handle. Also, if you are there, pick up Prowl. After market prices are already high.

Raph may or may not "usually" hold them by the handle, but the pose is still pretty iconic.
Here is an image from issue #1 where he is holding the Sai's like that:

Re: SDCC: Toys"R"Us Announces Full 2014 Comic-Con Lineup Including Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm (1591559)
Posted by reluctantyouth on July 18th, 2014 @ 8:27am CDT
$70 bucks for Prowl...TRU are you FRACKING insane? :shock: :shock: :shock:
I'll stick with my KO I got off Ebay for $34 shipped thank you very much. I really thought Prowl would come in at $49.99-$54.99 with his size...money grubbing bastards :-x .

~reluctantyouth~ :BOT:
Re: SDCC: Toys"R"Us Announces Full 2014 Comic-Con Lineup Including Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm (1591561)
Posted by ScottyP on July 18th, 2014 @ 8:51am CDT
necr0blivion wrote:If not, collectors might as well start ordering the Takara versions

Honestly, and I mean this with as little ego as possible, most MP collectors already are.
Re: SDCC: Toys"R"Us Announces Full 2014 Comic-Con Lineup Including Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm (1591577)
Posted by steve2275 on July 18th, 2014 @ 10:35am CDT
alright classic turtles
Re: SDCC: Toys"R"Us Announces Full 2014 Comic-Con Lineup Including Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm (1591633)
Posted by Metro Prime on July 18th, 2014 @ 3:16pm CDT
$70 for a Deluxe-sized figure? No thanks. And, yeah, those Turtles are... disappointing. Not horrible, mind you, but not that great either.
Re: SDCC: Toys"R"Us Announces Full 2014 Comic-Con Lineup Including Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm (1591634)
Posted by Metro Prime on July 18th, 2014 @ 3:16pm CDT
WHOOPS DOUBLE POST
Re: SDCC: Toys"R"Us Announces Full 2014 Comic-Con Lineup Including Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm (1591643)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on July 18th, 2014 @ 4:04pm CDT
Bleh... I want to support the MP line... I do... but, come on man... charging the SAME PRICE as the import price from Japan? Are you insane? I would have expected $45, and would probably pay $50... but why on Earth would I pay $70, when I can just go on ebay or some random online toystore and get one now, without having to worry about hunting it down in TRU??

Plus, let's face it... there are some high quality KOs out there. If this is the TRU plan, I see no reason to wait on Bluestreak or Smokescreen... might as well just get the knock offs. They lost the shot at my money.
Re: SDCC: Toys"R"Us Announces Full 2014 Comic-Con Lineup Including Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm (1591789)
Posted by Seibertron on July 19th, 2014 @ 12:18pm CDT
necr0blivion wrote:$70 for the North American release of MP Prowl? Please tell me that's a misprint. If not, collectors might as well start ordering the Takara versions:
- almost same price, maybe even cheaper through some sites
- get to experience the figure months to a year before NA release, and

But I certainly can't complain about the price of Sunstorm.

I think paid about $15 shipped for each of the missile launchers so $83 was my total for a Takara Masterpiece Prowl with 2 missile launchers.
Re: SDCC: Toys"R"Us Announces Full 2014 Comic-Con Lineup Including Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm (1592119)
Posted by necr0blivion on July 21st, 2014 @ 12:21am CDT
ScottyP wrote:

I agree, I know I have been doing this since MP-08 Grimlock (with the exception of MP-10). But I can say that I, and many others outside of Japan, have (or had) the expectation of buying locally and at cheaper prices.

I also realize that there are SEVERAL MP releases that aren't going to be wide releases, like the Black Rodimus or Tigertrack releases. So, yeah I'll keep buying Takara and only buy the Hasbro versions if there are differences.
Re: SDCC: Toys"R"Us Announces Full 2014 Comic-Con Lineup Including Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm (1592123)
Posted by necr0blivion on July 21st, 2014 @ 12:26am CDT
Seibertron wrote:I got mine for even cheaper last September when it first came out. ¥4,640 (which is approximately $47 USD). It shipped with 3 other figures via EMS for about $24. So I basically paid $53 for my Masterpiece Prowl.

I've been ordering from AmiAmi or HLJ for awhile now, but sometimes I either miss out on the preorder time (they do go quickly) or for pieces I think will be larger I'll go domestic because the shipping might outweight the savings.

Honestly, I was thinking Hasbor Prowl would go about $50. Considering we've been able to purchase Hot Rod, Grimlock, and various seekers for $70 - 80 a piece. I find this pricing strange and can only hope that this is just for SDCC. I say "hope" not for myself but for other fans who don't have this figure yet. What's done is done, and I've had MP Prowl on my shelf like several of you for some time now. I have at least one friend who I've recently gotten into Masterpiece. I may have to start doubling up my foreign orders so we can both achieve savings.
Re: SDCC: Toys"R"Us Announces Full 2014 Comic-Con Lineup Including Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm (1592249)
Posted by Metro Prime on July 21st, 2014 @ 12:12pm CDT
It's possible that these prices are only for SDCC and that Hasbro is trying to get more money from the people who aren't necessarily TF fans and who might not realize that these are excessively overpriced and aren't SDCC exclusives.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction