Seibertron.com is getting upgraded!

Transformers News: Seibertron.com is getting upgraded!

Monday, December 10th, 2007 9:16PM CST

Categories: Site News, Transtopia
Posted by: Bed Bugs   Views: 36,010

Hello fellow Seibertronians!

By now, most have noticed that the forums have temporarily disappeared. Ryan is currently in the process of upgrading the forums to the new phpbb. So not only will the forums look a little bit different, we will finally have Transtopia moved into Seibertron.com as well!

So have a little patience while we continue to try to get all the bugs out and attempt to make Seibertron.com even better!
Credit(s): Seibertron

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Seibertron.com is getting upgraded! (582315)
Posted by JazZeke on December 10th, 2007 @ 9:21pm CST
Gotta love how much the staff keeps on top of things around here. Hope the transition goes smoothly.
Re: Seibertron.com is getting upgraded! (582319)
Posted by Barricade on December 10th, 2007 @ 9:26pm CST
you guys scared the s*** out of me..... i though my computer was getting a virus or something
Re: Seibertron.com is getting upgraded! (582322)
Posted by nexisconvoy on December 10th, 2007 @ 9:29pm CST
I thought my bots program was messing with me again
Re: Seibertron.com is getting upgraded! (582323)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on December 10th, 2007 @ 9:29pm CST
Again!?!, see this is why I love this place!
Re: Seibertron.com is getting upgraded! (582325)
Posted by Halo on December 10th, 2007 @ 9:34pm CST
I thought my computer had zonked out too. Nice to know things are progressing well!
Re: Seibertron.com is getting upgraded! (582326)
Posted by Shadowman on December 10th, 2007 @ 9:34pm CST
This was more shocking than the time I met Jesus.

*Insert Family Guy-style cutaway here.*
Re: Seibertron.com is getting upgraded! (582328)
Posted by Barricade on December 10th, 2007 @ 9:38pm CST
so is this "the voice of distruction"?
Re: Seibertron.com is getting upgraded! (582329)
Posted by Windracer on December 10th, 2007 @ 9:44pm CST
I thought the "Voice of Destruction" thing was on the 14th...

Either way, can't wait to see the new PHPBB forums! Bring it on!
Re: Seibertron.com is getting upgraded! (582330)
Posted by mattyc1007 on December 10th, 2007 @ 9:47pm CST
yay i like updates
Re: Seibertron.com is getting upgraded! (582331)
Posted by GetterDragun on December 10th, 2007 @ 9:47pm CST
This isn't the voice of destruction. This is kind of a surprise for us as well!
Re: Seibertron.com is getting upgraded! (582332)
Posted by Seibertron on December 10th, 2007 @ 9:49pm CST
Nope ... this has nothing to do with the voice of destruction. This is me starting a new job on Wednesday and having a few extra minutes today at my old job to tinker around with phpbb3 uninterrupted. I figured out a few things that I was having trouble understanding about the new phpbb3 and on a spur of the moment tonight I decided that I'd start the upgrade process. I've already imported all of the users and forum posts from Transtopia's message board. phpBB's import script is currently importing all of the attachments. It's running slowly because this is on the live server but I hope that you guys will have something to use in the next few hours. Keep your optics crossed XD :)
Re: Seibertron.com is getting upgraded! (582334)
Posted by Seibertron on December 10th, 2007 @ 9:53pm CST
Now it's importing all of the topics :)
Re: Seibertron.com is getting upgraded! (582337)
Posted by Sunstar on December 10th, 2007 @ 9:57pm CST
PHPBB3?
Re: Seibertron.com is getting upgraded! (582338)
Posted by Seibertron on December 10th, 2007 @ 9:57pm CST
And now we're on with the forum posts, which will take a while. I'm going to go watch some TV and I'll check back in a little while to see how everything's progressing. :)
Re: Seibertron.com is getting upgraded! (582339)
Posted by bigbadbarron on December 10th, 2007 @ 9:58pm CST
thce bomb will detonate unless i can get.....to.....the..........fourms
Re: Seibertron.com is getting upgraded! (582341)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on December 10th, 2007 @ 10:03pm CST
Damn guys another upgrade? Well thats why this is the best TF site around. It just keeps getting better and better.
Re: Seibertron.com is getting upgraded! (582342)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on December 10th, 2007 @ 10:04pm CST
Just thought of a question, will the forums be put back the way they were or will we have to remake the topics?
Re: Seibertron.com is getting upgraded! (582343)
Posted by Seibertron on December 10th, 2007 @ 10:07pm CST
FYI ... as far as Transtopia goes, only their forums will be imported. The rest of Transtopia will still exist at tfmaster.com until I have time to import the rest of their content here to Seibertron.com. I'm sure Bill's up there in ol' Kitbash heaven cursing away at me for taking so damn long to get all of this accomplished. I blame the phpBB folks for taking so long to release the final version of phpBB3! :D
Re: Seibertron.com is getting upgraded! (582344)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on December 10th, 2007 @ 10:08pm CST
Are we gonna get messed up again like the Great Forum Crash & lose all our posts? Although I admit it is sorta cool to be registered on an internet site in 1967 long before internet existed....hehe
Re: Seibertron.com is getting upgraded! (582345)
Posted by Seibertron on December 10th, 2007 @ 10:08pm CST
Megatron_Wolf: all of the content and user accounts will be imported from the old phpBB2 system to the new phpBB3 forums here on Seibertron.com.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem