Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast Episode 11: Third Party Crashers!

Transformers News: Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast Episode 11: Third Party Crashers!

Monday, January 17th, 2011 2:45AM CST

Category: Podcast
Posted by: Savage   Views: 49,041

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

DOWNLOAD EPISODE 11: THIRD PARTY CRASHERS

Another two weeks has flown right by, and the Twincast is back on the scene with a brand new episode for your listening pleasure! Check it out this week as we bring the praise and smacktalk on all the latest Transformers news!

First up, all the newest and upcoming figures from Generations and Reveal The Shield! Can we say enough good things about these lines? I think not!

Of course, these aren't the only highly-anticipated Transformers toylines. So much news, so many leaks, but what are we really getting, and not getting, for Dark of the Moon toys?

As much as we love official product, no one can deny that Third Party companies have well and truly crashed the Transformers party. This week, the Twincast takes a look at some of the coolest unofficial products on the market, with topics including:

Image

And who could forget the "Ask the Twincast" segment? This week's question comes to us from Seibertron.com member Sabrblade. He wants to know: "What do you think of The Headmasters? How does it compare to the first three seasons of the G1 cartoon? Does it fit in with those better than "The Rebrith"? Was "The Rebirth" handled better than The Headmasters was? Which version had the better characters? What were the main pros and cons of this series?"
Image


Thanks for tuning in! That's all for this week, keep your browser on Seibertron.com for all your Transformers needs, and we'll see you in two weeks!
Credit(s): Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast Episode 11: Third Party Crashers! (1170642)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 17th, 2011 @ 9:22pm CST
What up, Skice-tachi.

Aw, the Omni Productions dub? That bites. It's just awful. No one should have to suffer its mediocrity. Subbed versions are easily available for viewing on the Internet.

I got both the UK subbed DVDs and the TV-Nihon fansubs of The Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory. Each.

The story I found to be much better than The Rebirth because The Rebirth just felt so rushed and and crowded with all these new characters coming in with little-to-no explanation (which really wasn't anything new in the G1 cartoon anyway), with only the Nebulans getting any real backstory.

Not to mention the not-so-awesome introductions of Fortress Maximus and Scorponok. Admittedly, Scorponok's debut was pretty epic, but there was just something about Lord Zarak's voice that didn't strike me as sounding either "frightening" or "powerful". And Cerebros was just... ugh. The "whiny pacifist" type is definitely not my cup of tea. And Fort Max just seemed more like a last ditch attempt to promote one more toy before the end.

The Headmasters, however, provided much more depth into the backstory and development of its plot and characters. Scorponok was genuinely fightening and powerful, while Fortress (as opposed to Cerebros) was very interesting character. His Fortress Maximus Big Mode was a phenomenon that was almost invincible (I say "almost" because he wasn't flawless and did have his own weakness). Scorponok's transtector MegaZarak was also amazing. Even though it had a primary weakness of its own, it still proved to be a capable and competent threat to Fortress Maximus. Give me a dub with Clancy Brown as Scorponok. 8)

And Keith David as Sixshot. =P~ And Johnny Young Bosch as Chromedome. :-B

As for what you guys specifically talk about:
  • YES, the Japanese verison is a zillion times better than the Omni dub. Again, no one should have to suffer through that.
  • Rodimus never blew up a planet in The Headmasters. He did in the G1 season three episode "Fight or Flee" but not in The Headmasters. It was Scorponok who set cybertron to blow up, and there was nothing that anyone could do to stop it.
  • Those "spiritual powers" the Headmasters possessed were actually energy-based powers and, with all the retcons that followed, one could say that that power came from their sparks coupled with all the rigorus physical and mental training they had to undergo to become Headmasters.
  • Completely agree on the better use of Fort Max, storytelling
  • Regarding Targetmasters, Universe Cyclonus featured the ability to let nightstick "Target On" to Cyclonus' hands just like the Headmasters cartoon's portrayla of the Targetmasters.
  • Whoever voices Punch-Counterpunch in an official Headmasters dub should be someone who can do both voices and sound cool as each of them.
  • The Rebirth was originally gonna be five episodes, not six.
  • Victory was... average. Definitely not bad, but not incredible either. It's kinda in the same vein as G1 seasons 1-2 and Armada (minus Armada dubbing flaws).
  • Regarding the awesomeness of Victory's opening, check out my list of the top 20 best JTF openings for further info.
  • GOD GINRAI IS NOT OPTIMUS! To the gallows with thee! :evil:
  • Ginrai's name is pronounced JIN-RYE. It's a hard G.
  • GINRAI NEVER BECOMES OPTIMUS! Ginrai becomes his own living being using the name of his human operator. His body may have originally been intended for Optimus, but it NEVER happened, so he was NEVER Optimus. And even his body having been intended for Optimus opens up a whole bunch of plot holes on its own and was only a retcon created in a post-Masterforce clip show special.
  • Masterforce, "a story for a another day"... a supposed hint, perhaps? ;)
Re: Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast Episode 11: Third Party Crashers! (1170690)
Posted by Vicalliose on January 17th, 2011 @ 11:56pm CST
"Thunderwing is small" UNDERSTATEMENT
I agree that Thunderwing being sold at a voyager price would be risky. But at the same time he has an advantage that even Seaspray (an unbelievable exception to the rule) didn't have. He's a freaking super jet! Kids love that s**t! There isn't a single time where I've walked into a transformer isle and didn't see jets and tanks as the star attraction. Kids just dart right after 'em.

Speaking of Seaspray. He happens to be the best selling voyager around here, which I think is funny because voyager movie BB seems to be impossible to get rid of. :lol:
I can see why Seaspray is getting a repaint.

Protector is f***ing awesome, and Rodimus's chin sticking out the bottom looks like an adam's apple so it's still awesome to me. Oh, and if you don't like Scyther, you'll s**t your pants when you look at ebay.

Nick Roche head be bitchin'. Just think of the price as part of the shipping cost. ;)

Perfect Effect... I'm on the fence about those guys. Haven't bought from them before, may never. Heard of bad plastic, paint issues, and mismatched parts.

Warcry and Flameblast are not that interesting to me, but having them to display separately from Bruticus is what makes me want them. As for the combiner plugs, I think that they are just plugs for aesthetics, but I also think that these guys wont come with combiner parts. This way, if you have Munitioner and Explorer you can still combine them, but at the same time these guys will be cheaper so that Fansproject can sell them in a set price range line of scout class figures. Yeah FP has lines now, beat that.

Arcee... Ha! I knew waiting would pay off!

Warpath, is another guy where I'd hoped for a voyager class. After Seaspray and Thunderwing I have no clue what to expect from Hasbro.

IDW was awesome. McCarthy's story pales in comparison to Simon Furman's. But Mike Costa is a bigger b**ch. Oh, and Andy Schmidt can go eat a d**k.

And she blew up a G1 Scorponok? Didn't she at least take some video of that? I'd love to see that s**t on youtube.
Re: Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast Episode 11: Third Party Crashers! (1170727)
Posted by Pyrostrata on January 18th, 2011 @ 4:21am CST
Vicalliose wrote:And she blew up a G1 Scorponok? Didn't she at least take some video of that? I'd love to see that s**t on youtube.


Yes, I did indeed atomize a G1 Scorponok back in the day....and back then, video cameras were the realm of the super-rich...and YouTube wasn't even a thought! =)

I eagerly await your hate-mail! ;)
Re: Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast Episode 11: Third Party Crashers! (1170820)
Posted by Counterpunch on January 18th, 2011 @ 10:41am CST
Sabrblade wrote:What up, Skice-tachi.

Aw, the Omni Productions dub? That bites. It's just awful. No one should have to suffer its mediocrity. Subbed versions are easily available for viewing on the Internet.

I got both the UK subbed DVDs and the TV-Nihon fansubs of The Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory. Each.

The story I found to be much better than The Rebirth because The Rebirth just felt so rushed and and crowded with all these new characters coming in with little-to-no explanation (which really wasn't anything new in the G1 cartoon anyway), with only the Nebulans getting any real backstory.

Not to mention the not-so-awesome introductions of Fortress Maximus and Scorponok. Admittedly, Scorponok's debut was pretty epic, but there was just something about Lord Zarak's voice that didn't strike me as sounding either "frightening" or "powerful". And Cerebros was just... ugh. The "whiny pacifist" type is definitely not my cup of tea. And Fort Max just seemed more like a last ditch attempt to promote one more toy before the end.

The Headmasters, however, provided much more depth into the backstory and development of its plot and characters. Scorponok was genuinely fightening and powerful, while Fortress (as opposed to Cerebros) was very interesting character. His Fortress Maximus Big Mode was a phenomenon that was almost invincible (I say "almost" because he wasn't flawless and did have his own weakness). Scorponok's transtector MegaZarak was also amazing. Even though it had a primary weakness of its own, it still proved to be a capable and competent threat to Fortress Maximus. Give me a dub with Clancy Brown as Scorponok. 8)

And Keith David as Sixshot. =P~ And Johnny Young Bosch as Chromedome. :-B

As for what you guys specifically talk about:
  • YES, the Japanese verison is a zillion times better than the Omni dub. Again, no one should have to suffer through that.
  • Rodimus never blew up a planet in The Headmasters. He did in the G1 season three episode "Fight or Flee" but not in The Headmasters. It was Scorponok who set cybertron to blow up, and there was nothing that anyone could do to stop it.
  • Those "spiritual powers" the Headmasters possessed were actually energy-based powers and, with all the retcons that followed, one could say that that power came from their sparks coupled with all the rigorus physical and mental training they had to undergo to become Headmasters.
  • Completely agree on the better use of Fort Max, storytelling
  • Regarding Targetmasters, Universe Cyclonus featured the ability to let nightstick "Target On" to Cyclonus' hands just like the Headmasters cartoon's portrayla of the Targetmasters.
  • Whoever voices Punch-Counterpunch in an official Headmasters dub should be someone who can do both voices and sound cool as each of them.
  • The Rebirth was originally gonna be five episodes, not six.
  • Victory was... average. Definitely not bad, but not incredible either. It's kinda in the same vein as G1 seasons 1-2 and Armada (minus Armada dubbing flaws).
  • Regarding the awesomeness of Victory's opening, check out my list of the top 20 best JTF openings for further info.
  • GOD GINRAI IS NOT OPTIMUS! To the gallows with thee! :evil:
  • Ginrai's name is pronounced JIN-RYE. It's a hard G.
  • GINRAI NEVER BECOMES OPTIMUS! Ginrai becomes his own living being using the name of his human operator. His body may have originally been intended for Optimus, but it NEVER happened, so he was NEVER Optimus. And even his body having been intended for Optimus opens up a whole bunch of plot holes on its own and was only a retcon created in a post-Masterforce clip show special.
  • Masterforce, "a story for a another day"... a supposed hint, perhaps? ;)


Dude, JPN1000 and JPL1000 are so going to beat the love of Japan out of you. Just wait. :lol:

Also, it makes me rage a little inside that ジンライ gets made into “Ginrai”. There’s no need to change the J to G for English and I always end up forgetting unless I see the kana.
Re: Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast Episode 11: Third Party Crashers! (1170828)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 18th, 2011 @ 11:02am CST
Counterpunch wrote:Dude, JPN1000 and JPL1000 are so going to beat the love of Japan out of you. Just wait. :lol:
How so? ;)


Counterpunch wrote:Also, it makes me rage a little inside that ジンライ gets made into “Ginrai”. There’s no need to change the J to G for English and I always end up forgetting unless I see the kana.
It's not so much a bother for me, as that's how it was spelled in the opening credits and all/most official material (including Hasbro's PowerMaster Prime reissue).

What does bother me is how so many people mispronounce his name so easily without opting to look into the guy and learning how to correctly say "Ginrai" as "Jinrai".
Re: Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast Episode 11: Third Party Crashers! (1170882)
Posted by Vicalliose on January 18th, 2011 @ 1:21pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:What does bother me is how so many people mispronounce his name so easily without opting to look into the guy and learning how to correctly say "Ginrai" as "Jinrai".

I'm the opposite. Whenever I see a name that starts with a "G" I always pronounce it as a "J".
Re: Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast Episode 11: Third Party Crashers! (1173608)
Posted by MysteriousDewd on January 25th, 2011 @ 2:20pm CST
I ask this every time but, when are you guys gonna get on itunes?!?!?!
Re: Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast Episode 11: Third Party Crashers! (1173629)
Posted by Counterpunch on January 25th, 2011 @ 3:29pm CST
MysteriousDewd wrote:I ask this every time but, when are you guys gonna get on itunes?!?!?!


We aren't ignoring the requests for that. We'll try for it soon. There are some difficulties in doing so that need to be addressed. I apologize for the delay.
Re: Seibertron.com Twincast / Podcast Episode 11: Third Party Crashers! (1205232)
Posted by Seibertron on April 5th, 2011 @ 2:59pm CDT
The Seibertron.com Twincast/Podcast now has an RSS feed available.

http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/rss/

It should also be showing up in iTunes soon. In the meantime, you can subscribe to our Podcast by following these steps:

1. Copy this url: http://www.seibertron.com/podcast/rss/
2. Open up iTunes
3. Click on "Advanced" in the top menu
4. Click "Subscribe to Podcast"
5. Paste the url ("ctrl v" on Windows) into the popup "Subscribe To Podcast" box when iTunes prompts you.
6. Click "Ok" and you're good to go. Enjoy!

Please let us know if you have any questions, concerns, or encounter any problems with the feed. Thanks!

Image
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars
Twincast / Podcast #98:
"Combiner Wars"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, August 14th, 2014