Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Seibertron.com's tour of Transformers The Ride 3D at Universal Studios Hollywood - Part 2: "Stores, Merchandise and Products"

Wednesday, July 25th, 2012 9:09PM CDT

Categories: Collectables, Event News, Movie News, Reviews, Site Articles, Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 70,440

Seibertron.com's tour of Universal Studios Hollywood's Transformers The Ride 3D
Part 2: Transformers stores, merchandise, and products

(Click here to view Part 1: "The Main Attraction")

Part of my experience at Universal Studios that I couldn't get over was the insane amount of Transformers related merchandise that was available throughout the park. Some of the stores were dedicated ENTIRELY to Transformers products and merchandise. Some of the stores were called "Transformers Supply Vault". I had the misunderstanding that there was only going to be a select amount of Transformers items available (i.e. the Universal Studios deluxes, voyagers, the Allspark cube, and some shirts). I had no idea that there was going to be an onslaught of exclusive products available as well as products that you can find at regular retail stores.

I also was surprised at the amount of merchandise that was G1 themed, not just Movie themed. The pictures below are just a sampling of the products that were available. You can click on any of the images below to view a full gallery of the Transformers stores at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Unfortunately, as one might expect with products and merchandise at a theme park, the prices were on the expensive side. All of the retail Transformers toys were double MSRP, which might explain why you could find so many Vehicons and other popular toys available. The items that were exclusive to Universal Studios I could understand being more expensive, but I didn't understand why everything else was going for top dollar.

Regardless, there should be something for every Transformers fan here. I ended up with an Allspark Cube and a magnet and my sister ended up with a cool NEST hat and shirt. I would love to go back with the intention of getting a few other items. With rumors that Transformers The Ride will be opening up in Florida as well, I'm sure we'll all have plenty of chances to get there while this ride is still hot and merchandise is plentiful.

If you're a Transformers fan, you've got to find a way to get to Universal Studios to check out this absolutely amazing ride as well as all of the insane amounts of Transformers merchandise available at the stores in the theme park. You'll be glad that you did. And if you, make sure you stop by here at Seibertron.com to tell all of your fellow Seibertronians about your experience.

Now if they could only figure out how to do a Transformers convention at Universal Studios Hollywood ... then I'd truly be in Transformers heaven!

Transform and roll out! I hope all of you enjoyed the Seibertron.com tour of Universal Studios Hollywood. Special thank you to Universal Studios Hollywood for our tickets.

Go back to Part 1: "The Main Attraction"
Credit(s): Universal Studios Hollywood
Re: Seibertron.com's tour of Transformers The Ride 3D at Universal Studios Hollywood - Part 2: "Stores, Merchandise and Products" (1404230)
Posted by Megatronsdemise666 on July 25th, 2012 @ 9:42pm CDT
WWWWWWAHOOOO
I WANNA GOOO!!!!!!!
Re: Seibertron.com's tour of Transformers The Ride 3D at Universal Studios Hollywood - Part 2: "Stores, Merchandise and Products" (1404242)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on July 25th, 2012 @ 10:27pm CDT
Those drinking glasses with the metal Autobot logos look sweet.
Re: Seibertron.com's tour of Transformers The Ride 3D at Universal Studios Hollywood - Part 2: "Stores, Merchandise and Products" (1404253)
Posted by MGrotusque on July 25th, 2012 @ 11:52pm CDT
Those Arcee shirts are pretty good. I also noticed there wasn't a million BB figures on the pegs there. :P
Re: Seibertron.com's tour of Transformers The Ride 3D at Universal Studios Hollywood - Part 2: "Stores, Merchandise and Products" (1404281)
Posted by noctorro on July 26th, 2012 @ 2:44am CDT
That Arcee shirt is soooooooo cute. Wish I dated men :s
Re: Seibertron.com's tour of Transformers The Ride 3D at Universal Studios Hollywood - Part 2: "Stores, Merchandise and Products" (1404319)
Posted by Tiki Prime on July 26th, 2012 @ 6:30am CDT

oh well... I will so be there when the ride opens up here in Florida! :grin:
Re: Seibertron.com's tour of Transformers The Ride 3D at Universal Studios Hollywood - Part 2: "Stores, Merchandise and Products" (1404328)
Posted by Trikeboy on July 26th, 2012 @ 7:05am CDT
=P~ I could happily go backrupt in that store 8-}
Re: Seibertron.com's tour of Transformers The Ride 3D at Universal Studios Hollywood - Part 2: "Stores, Merchandise and Products" (1404343)
Posted by Ghost Starscream on July 26th, 2012 @ 7:59am CDT
I'll be there in about 4hrs :D :CON: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Seibertron.com's tour of Transformers The Ride 3D at Universal Studios Hollywood - Part 2: "Stores, Merchandise and Products" (1404362)
Posted by tmk9883 on July 26th, 2012 @ 8:54am CDT
Tiki Prime wrote:Look at all the Vehicons on the pegs....Now if i could only find one here. :sad:

You know those figures gotta have a major markup.
Re: Seibertron.com's tour of Transformers The Ride 3D at Universal Studios Hollywood - Part 2: "Stores, Merchandise and Products" (1404367)
Posted by Tiki Prime on July 26th, 2012 @ 9:06am CDT
Ghost Starscream wrote:I'll be there in about 4hrs :D :CON: :KREMZEEK:

Let us know how much they are charging for the RID figures. ;)
Re: Seibertron.com's tour of Transformers The Ride 3D at Universal Studios Hollywood - Part 2: "Stores, Merchandise and Products" (1404472)
Posted by Seibertron on July 26th, 2012 @ 12:14pm CDT
tmk9883 wrote:

You know those figures gotta have a major markup.

$27!
Re: Seibertron.com's tour of Transformers The Ride 3D at Universal Studios Hollywood - Part 2: "Stores, Merchandise and Products" (1404575)
Posted by redoutlander on July 26th, 2012 @ 5:16pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
tmk9883 wrote:

You know those figures gotta have a major markup.

$27!

Only $27!! That's the cheapest I've seen one for sale I just want to find one for less than $45
Re: Seibertron.com's tour of Transformers The Ride 3D at Universal Studios Hollywood - Part 2: "Stores, Merchandise and Products" (1404587)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 26th, 2012 @ 6:32pm CDT
I'm heading to California at the end of August. I was debating going to Universal, since it would be out of the way, but this just convinced me.

Also, growing up in Northern Ohio, I was also spoiled with Cedar Point, though I did go to Orlando about 10 years ago and went to Universal. I wasn't really impressed. Cedar Point is a very fun place, not a lot of others can substitute.
Re: Seibertron.com's tour of Transformers The Ride 3D at Universal Studios Hollywood - Part 2: "Stores, Merchandise and Products" (1404700)
Posted by MGrotusque on July 27th, 2012 @ 1:26am CDT
Hey redoutlander!? If your way the hell up in Alaska and need figs, ya just gotta ask man! We'll hook ya up. You don't need to go and pay 40 bucks or more for a fig!
Re: Seibertron.com's tour of Transformers The Ride 3D at Universal Studios Hollywood - Part 2: "Stores, Merchandise and Products" (1404859)
Posted by alternator77 on July 27th, 2012 @ 3:11pm CDT
gotta agree the ride was awesome!! and the 3d was truly incredible.

the main store just outside the ride also had some IDW novels and all 4 volumes of AHM in that big center display area in the middle of the store. even saw the new prime stuff and managed to snag a megatron pillow for my nephew. definitely a great show.
Re: Seibertron.com's tour of Transformers The Ride 3D at Universal Studios Hollywood - Part 2: "Stores, Merchandise and Products" (1404863)
Posted by Seibertron on July 27th, 2012 @ 3:17pm CDT
alternator77 wrote:gotta agree the ride was awesome!! and the 3d was truly incredible.

I was really tempted to grab those Megatron and Optimus Prime throw pillows, but decided that I really had no where for them to go and that they'd just look out of place ultimately. Maybe I'll grab them one day for my inevitable man-cave one day.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys