SG Collect Limited Black and RED DFT-01X Drift Kit

Transformers News: SG Collect Limited Black and RED DFT-01X Drift Kit

Sunday, August 16th, 2009 11:09AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 8,625

Seibertron.com member El Duque has informed us of a follow up email he received from the folks at SG Collect regarding another figure they're planning to release.

It looks like Drift will be getting a limited run in a different color scheme. Here's what he had to share:

Just got an email from SGCollect stated they will be doing a limited 50 piece run of the DFT-01 in primary black and red colors. Here's a copy of the email:

Hi guys,

Just to give you all a headsup. We will be releasing a limited 50 pieces of the DFT-01X. Primary colors are black and red.

First priority would be to those who have pre-ordered the white ones earlier. The time limit for those who preordered the white ones would be till end this month. This would also apply for those who ordered overseas.
Overseas price would be 85USD inclusive of shipping. Item will ship end this month.

What is included in the sets.
a. The kit
b. instructions
c. Comic (numbered)
d. Stickers.
e. glue

Not included.
a. Styrene rods.
b. 3 Drill bits (option please add 5USD)

. So it's first come first serve. Method - Inform me of your interest. I will invoice you and await payment (so that means you reserve your piece(s)). If payment is not received then it would be allocated to those who missed the first set and want this piece.

Regards

david

Looks like even third party figures aren't above repaints.

Keep your optics locked right here at Seibertron.com your Ultimate Transformers Resource.
Credit(s): El Duque
Re: SG Collect Limited Black and RED DFT-01X Drift Kit (974965)
Posted by Mkall on August 16th, 2009 @ 11:21am CDT
dammit FG, beat me to it!

On yeah, pic of the kit would be cool whenever it comes out.
Re: SG Collect Limited Black and RED DFT-01X Drift Kit (976439)
Posted by Anonymous. on August 18th, 2009 @ 5:29am CDT
I'd be all over this like Armada Megatron over Minicons, I love customizing and painting, however I've heard that it's a pain to assemble and that the figure has bad quality. Also I consider that Drift is in Universe 3.0, so something like this is a pass.
Re: SG Collect Limited Black and RED DFT-01X Drift Kit (988274)
Posted by Mach on September 2nd, 2009 @ 7:58am CDT
Last month (16th August 2009) Seibertron has brought to you the news that SG Collect is planning to release a limited edition Black & Red colour Drift-01X.
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... kit/16750/

SG Collect has release 2 images of the upcoming abovementioned edition of Drift. There are still no announcement on the release date yet at this moment.

Re: SG Collect Limited Black and RED DFT-01X Drift Kit (988426)
Posted by Forgotten on September 2nd, 2009 @ 12:19pm CDT
looks like some shoddy plastic to me, I can already spot stress fractures and they haven't been assembled yet. will wait for a HasTakTomy version.
Re: SG Collect Limited Black and RED DFT-01X Drift Kit (988453)
Posted by Convotron on September 2nd, 2009 @ 1:08pm CDT
Re: SG Collect Limited Black and RED DFT-01X Drift Kit (988459)
Posted by El Duque on September 2nd, 2009 @ 1:15pm CDT
Convotron wrote:While I'm not interested in model kits in general, normal or this more limited set, I think it's a neat idea. It can transform when it's assembled, right? Even if it's not the world's greatest transformation, a model/action figure kit that has the ability to transform is pretty nifty in my books.

It can transform> I'm still waiting to get my original version back from a guy I comissioned to paint it. It's not all that difficult to assemble, but it is somewhat fragile.

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers Masterpiece Grimlock Toys R Us  MP-08 MP-8 New 2009 last one - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 52 minutes 31 seconds
Vintage Transformers G2 RAMJET 92 Astorian Rocket 85 Takara Figure Lot - Time Remaining: 2 days 13 hours 54 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Generations Titan class Metroplex city car Scamper and gun 100% - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 10 minutes 54 seconds
NEW SEALED TRANSFORMERS DOTM Shockwave MechTech MISB Voyager Class Decepticon S - Time Remaining: 2 days 20 hours 14 minutes 24 seconds
TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS MAGNABOSS 3PC COMBINER FIGURE - Time Remaining: 22 days 1 hour 48 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters OPTIMUS PRIME Dragon Assault Ultimate New Loose - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 4 minutes 42 seconds
original G1 Transformers PREDACON SWORD LOT x2 Predaking Tantrum Rampage - Time Remaining: 2 days 35 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers Generations BUMBLEBEE Hasbro IDW 30th Anniversary w Dr Wu Cane Gun - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 hours 51 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory