Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Shia LaBeouf says filming ROTF was dangerous

Transformers News: Shia LaBeouf says filming ROTF was dangerous

Sunday, January 4th, 2009 1:17PM CST

Categories: Interviews, Movie News, People News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 26,771

In a recent article posted by My Park Magazine, Shia LaBeouf and others comment on the filming experience of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and the safety level that seemed to be a non factor.

"During filming I've got 75 military officers firing at me, shrapnel falling on my head that's bigger than my arms. It's hard to be normal", stated the 22 year old LaBeouf, "You're running past them, and your clearance is only about 10 feet. These dudes are moving, and if one trips or falls and we run into the muzzle of a blank, that could blow your chest open or burn you."

It seems that adding realism to the film was a huge factor during filming and if Shia's comments aren't convincing enough, Lieutenant Colonel Gregory Bishop of the United States Army stated that he's never seen a joint military operation, involving all branches of the military, on this scale before for a movie.

This statement supports our previous report on the US Military's involvement in the filming of Revenge of the Fallen here. Lt. Col. Bishop served as a military liaison for the film.

To view the original article on this, click here.
Credit(s): My Park Magazine
Re: Shia LaBeouf says filming ROTF was dangerous (861317)
Posted by Hard Hacker on January 4th, 2009 @ 1:29pm CST
As if his hand injury wasn't a giveaway.
Re: Shia LaBeouf says filming ROTF was dangerous (861320)
Posted by nemesis-prime on January 4th, 2009 @ 1:32pm CST
NO SACRAFICE , NO VICTORY!! LOL :lol: :P
Re: Shia LaBeouf says filming ROTF was dangerous (861330)
Posted by Mkall on January 4th, 2009 @ 1:46pm CST
It's probably going to be cheesy, but at least it'll be a spectacle.
Re: Shia LaBeouf says filming ROTF was dangerous (861339)
Posted by Bumblebeast on January 4th, 2009 @ 2:20pm CST
Probably not as dangerous as going in a car ride with Shia himself. :-P
Re: Shia LaBeouf says filming ROTF was dangerous (861341)
Posted by omega666 on January 4th, 2009 @ 2:22pm CST
I want giant robots fighting other giant robots! :grin:
Re: Shia LaBeouf says filming ROTF was dangerous (861358)
Posted by First-Aid on January 4th, 2009 @ 2:48pm CST
There is gonna be stuff blowing up everywhere...I have to wonder if Bay may have even outdone his normal destructive potential in this movie. One thing's for sure- excitement doesn't sound like it's going to be in short supply.
Re: Shia LaBeouf says filming ROTF was dangerous (861371)
Posted by soundwave13c on January 4th, 2009 @ 3:04pm CST
sounds like it is going to be an awesome movie :APPLAUSE:
Re: Shia LaBeouf says filming ROTF was dangerous (861388)
Posted by nemesis-prime on January 4th, 2009 @ 3:37pm CST
soundwave13c wrote:sounds like it is going to be an awesome movie :APPLAUSE:

Will all see it eitherway. Any predictions on how much it will make US according to Yahoo movies box office i will say $320 mil just about what the first one did.
Re: Shia LaBeouf says filming ROTF was dangerous (861448)
Posted by YRQRM0 on January 4th, 2009 @ 5:26pm CST
"Shia LaBeouf says filming ROTF was dangerous"

I says filming with Bay in anything is dangerous
Re: Shia LaBeouf says filming ROTF was dangerous (861461)
Posted by Stormrider on January 4th, 2009 @ 5:47pm CST
His comment doesn't surprise me. Shia tends to hype everything up. I reserve the word 'dangerous' for things like Jackie Chan doing his own stunts without a safety net.
Re: Shia LaBeouf says filming ROTF was dangerous (861575)
Posted by Oilspill on January 5th, 2009 @ 12:11am CST
I hope the movie is not overly focused on the military. Especially as we know how much Michael Bay loves the US military.