Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown

Transformers News: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown

Wednesday, February 12th, 2014 6:37PM CST

Category: People News
Posted by: ScoutBumblebee   Views: 18,076

In a show called, #IAMSORRY, Shia LeBeouf hosted what is arguably the weirdest art show that anyone has ever experienced. TMZ was there, and describes the experience as something that will give them, "nightmares for weeks."
Here is how the TMZ reporter who experienced the show first hand described his experience:

"I walk into the gallery. A lady is standing behind a table with an assortment of different items apparently related to his life: whip [from "Indiana Jones"], a Transformer [from "Transformers"], Jack Daniels [he likes to drink?], bouquet of daisies, cologne, pink ukulele, etc. I pick the bottle of Jack and the lady escorts me to the next room separated by a curtain.
Shia is sitting down, paper bag on his head, hands firmly planted on the table. I introduce myself, offer him tacos. No response. I tell him I find the bag to be distracting and if he'd be willing to take it off. He obliges.

His eyes are red and puffy as if his cat just died.

I tell him this all seems incredibly self-serving. No response. I ask him to share a swig of whiskey with me. No response. I ask him if any slimy characters have put their lips on the bottle -- he breaks into a wide smile. Then immediately his face returns to its regular stoic self.

I tell him I think he's a good actor who's wildly misunderstood. I ask him if I can take a picture. No response. I say I'm a nice guy, please don't punch me in the face. I take a picture. He doesn't move. I thank him for his time and extend my hand -- he shakes it. I leave."

It seems LeBeouf is in a severe downward spiral, and where he'll go from here is anyone's guess. For the time being, we'll just hope that he gets some sort of help before he goes the unfortunate way many other celebrities have gone before him.

Transformers News: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown
Credit(s): TMZ.com
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550155)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 12th, 2014 @ 6:47pm CST
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550158)
Posted by Rated X on February 12th, 2014 @ 7:04pm CST
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550159)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 12th, 2014 @ 7:05pm CST
Good-uh good for him >:oP
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550160)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 12th, 2014 @ 7:07pm CST
Rated X wrote:He is out of the cast so I dont see how this even qualifies as news. Where was the coverage when he got beat up outside of a bar ? On a side note, if he really got megan fox, wtf happend to his morale ?

If I had gotten with Megan Fox, my morale would be low too.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550161)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 12th, 2014 @ 7:10pm CST
Autobot032 wrote:

If I had gotten with Megan Fox, my morale would be low too.

ZING, GOT 'EM
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550162)
Posted by Ultra Markus on February 12th, 2014 @ 7:11pm CST
maybe he is coping for not being on transformers 4, it must be hard to live with
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550164)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on February 12th, 2014 @ 7:14pm CST
Autobot032 wrote:I just can't figure out what's going on here. I really can't. Regardless, something needs to be done with him. Before it gets too serious.

Yeah, I don't know. But he seems to be really circling the drain. Like, beyond just typical celeb weirdness. My hope would be that he has some family or friend that sees this behavior and is willing to step in and help. Clearly he isn't just going through a hard time, he's devolving.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550165)
Posted by Spleenzorio on February 12th, 2014 @ 7:18pm CST
Pretty sad honestly. I've been a fan of him since Even Stevens. If this isn't all just part of an "act" hopefully he gets some help.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550168)
Posted by Tads on February 12th, 2014 @ 7:35pm CST
Did he touch the all spark again? Nope wait that was destroyed... Possibly another shard he found on his jacket. :HEADHURTS: Seriously though, he may need help.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550169)
Posted by ZackRoyer on February 12th, 2014 @ 7:35pm CST
I didn't liked his role in TF movie (I didn't liked the movie anyway), but I did liked in Indiana Jones. Also I never wished him bad, hope he gets better. He needs all family and friend support he must have. I'm no doctor but I think playing videogames could cheer him up.

So Shia, if there is a remote chance that you're reading this now. Play Deus Ex, all of them.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550170)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 12th, 2014 @ 7:44pm CST
This is really f***in weird. Then again, it is TMZ. Honestly, I'm kinda surprised there wasn't some kind of S&M thing mentioned.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550174)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on February 12th, 2014 @ 8:04pm CST
BWAHAAAHAHAAAHAAHA HAAAHAHAAHAHAAHA HAAAHAAHAHAHAAHAH!!
......

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAAA!

*EDIT*

HAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAAHAAAAAA HAAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550175)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on February 12th, 2014 @ 8:05pm CST
Here's an interesting theory . This link was posted on our Facebook page.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550177)
Posted by Shockwave7 on February 12th, 2014 @ 8:07pm CST
Too famous, too rich, too young. He has no idea what to do with that kind of success - no one does without some kind of guidance.

Plus, it seems to be a bit on the wane these days - he may be desperately trying to cling to the spotlight, wondering if his best days are behind him. That drives some people to weird extremes.

He needs counseling or he'll come to a bad end.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550179)
Posted by #Sideways# on February 12th, 2014 @ 8:16pm CST

Seriously. What did I just read.

You know, I think this isn't a cry for attention, it's a cry for a friend. This guy just wants a friend who doesn't care that he's an actor, and I sympathize. I think TMZ did a bad move when they took a picture, but that's my personal opinion.

Sad to see him like this, but it's his fault for getting into trouble. Plus, it's his fault for caring. You shouldn't have to worry about what people think of you; that's a pointless maneuver, unless you are trying to get a Girlfriend.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550180)
Posted by Antron on February 12th, 2014 @ 8:18pm CST
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550181)
Posted by PrymeStriker on February 12th, 2014 @ 8:20pm CST
I loved Shia's work from Even Stevens and Holes (my favorite movie of all time). Heck, I liked his work in Transformers to some extent. This is pretty sad, and I hope this story doesn't end the way I think it's going to end.

Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:BWAHAAAHAHAAAHAAHA HAAAHAHAAHAHAAHA HAAAHAAHAHAHAAHAH!!
......

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAAA!

*EDIT*

HAHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAAHAAAAAA HAAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!

Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550185)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 12th, 2014 @ 8:49pm CST
Probably mad Optimus and Bumblebee left him.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550190)
Posted by ILL-Star on February 12th, 2014 @ 9:17pm CST
This kind of news is just a bit too awkward and irrelevant to Transformers. It's sad, but it's his and his family's business. Not anyone else's. And as already stated, we've seen this in plenty other celebrities in the past. It's nothing new.

Best to skip over It and move on.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550196)
Posted by Janus Prime on February 12th, 2014 @ 9:40pm CST
I totally would´ve taken that Optimus. "Can I have it? act like a b17ch if the answer is yes".
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550214)
Posted by philswitch engage on February 12th, 2014 @ 10:45pm CST
I met Shia LeBeouf a few years ago at C2E2. He was an unanounced guest at a table back in artist alley selling a picture book he had written and drawn. He looked disheveled and seemed like he may have been high. The book itself was like a kids picture book. It had a picture and a sentence of text on each page. The pictures were crudely drawn and some were x rated.

My take on him is that he is trying to be an artist away from the main stream work he does in movies. Unfortunately i dont think he is any good at it.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550223)
Posted by NassaDane on February 12th, 2014 @ 11:15pm CST
Wow, anyone saying this is sad or an extremely negative thing has no idea about the arts. Performance art like this is pretty well known and this is very tame compared to things like Yoko Ono's Cut Piece where people were allowed to come up and cut anything off of her.

I find this fascinating and a great idea. I love the fact he has his personal objects that reflect his career. There isn't anything loony or depressing about this. I wish I thought of it but I guess someone who isn't recognizable couldn't really pull this off. I would have loved to be there for this and experience it in person.

He's exploring his art in all sorts of avenues. I can't wait to see what's next. Keep pushing and he may even become avant garde.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550234)
Posted by RodimalToyota on February 13th, 2014 @ 12:32am CST
The guys a self absorbed douche nozzle in real life.
He deserves every bad thing that comes his way.

I got no sympathy for that punk. He's outcasted because of his
Attitude and demeanor. He can claim artist all he wants, but more likely
There just isn't any movies trying to cast a role for a akward teenager.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550243)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on February 13th, 2014 @ 2:31am CST
if thats art then my kitchen table should be in a museum. But anyway hes just another no talent actor that became to famous to fast & couldnt deal with it. Perhaps he finally realized hes a shitty actor and instead of taking acting classes to fix it he hit the drugs & booze then called the outcome "art". Either he'll get a swift kick in the ass come back down to planet earth & work at becoming a better actor or he'll fade away never to be heard from again, im fine with either as long as we dont have to see or hear him running & screaming anymore pretending to be some acting virtuoso.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550245)
Posted by Burn on February 13th, 2014 @ 2:41am CST
RodimalToyota wrote:The guys a self absorbed douche nozzle in real life.
He deserves every bad thing that comes his way.

I got no sympathy for that punk. He's outcasted because of his
Attitude and demeanor. He can claim artist all he wants, but more likely
There just isn't any movies trying to cast a role for a akward teenager.

Or he could be, as the thread title suggests, having a mental breakdown, in which case regardless of what people may think of him, he does NOT deserve to be criticised.

Of course it could just be a publicity stunt, not uncommon for some "celebrities" to do weird things just to get attention.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550254)
Posted by Ravage XK on February 13th, 2014 @ 3:57am CST
I'm inclined to think all this oddness is just for publicity. He must have many people around him who would recognise mental illness and get him the help he needs. He did say something like "my life is art" a while back and I think this is what he is trying to portray.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550255)
Posted by Burn on February 13th, 2014 @ 4:05am CST
Ravage XK wrote:He must have many people around him who would recognise mental illness and get him the help he needs.

Trust me, that is more often NOT the case.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550265)
Posted by T-Macksimus on February 13th, 2014 @ 7:51am CST
Antron wrote:It appears he left the needle out of his little collections. Unfortunately, I know what a needle pusher looks like and Shia looks like he's chasing the dragon. Sad, because I like him. I've seen him on the late night circuit and could totally see him going into comedy. I hope he pulls through.

Good call. His behavior and appearance are certainly indicative of it. Sadly I get the gut feeling that his story will end much the same way as Curt Cobain of Nirvana and I give him about 2 years tops before it happens. Right now he's going through that "eccentric" Hollywood star phase, next it will be the seclusion of a failed potential "prodigy", bringing on a deep depression, and then *click*BOOM* as he's locked away in some dingy L.A. studio apartment. He won't overdose like so many others before him, the depression will drive him over the edge first. It's sad and it sucks but until he wants help for himself there's nothing that can be done. Sometimes people have to hit the absolute bottom before they realize what a mess they are and decide to claw their way out of it. Sometimes... sometimes they don't survive the impact of hitting bottom and that's just how it is.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550267)
Posted by vwpbl on February 13th, 2014 @ 8:22am CST
Can someone go over there and pick up the transformer and see what happens? Perhaps be polite and advise him some 'fault' needs to lie with the writers and Mr. Bay.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550268)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 13th, 2014 @ 8:22am CST
ScoutBumblebee wrote:Here's an interesting theory . This link was posted on our Facebook page.

I like that theory and hope it's true.
Alternatively I would like this to be his way of trying to turn into a trolling performance artist.

But if this is neither and it is a mental breakdown, I hope he gets help by someone who actually cares for him and his wellbeing. I've always liked him as an actor, and I've never been of the opinion that he should be made responsible for being in a bad movie.

Remember how he apologized to people because he thought Indiana Jones 4 was shit when it came out and Harrison Ford scolded him publicly because you're supposed to lie and promote the film you're in?

Also, he has proven that he is more than capable of different performances. I wish people would lay off him, the role of Sam would have been shit even without him.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550275)
Posted by shockblast2 on February 13th, 2014 @ 8:56am CST
I think it is kinda cool. The guy is tired of all the Hollywood bs. Now, this could be just another deal like that Phoenix actor guy did a few years go. Can't remember his first name. But if not, then more power to him.

Definitely strange, but cool at the same time. He is not having a mental breakdown. No more than any other person.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550283)
Posted by AutoBorst on February 13th, 2014 @ 9:26am CST
He's lost it. Now he's just starving for attention and he's continuing to do it in the worst way possible.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550297)
Posted by Vicalliose on February 13th, 2014 @ 11:13am CST

It might be different if he was actually involved with the production of any new Transformers film, but he isn't, and this site isn't Access Hollywood.

Gee why don't we just start covering news on all the cars each new Transformer is based on. :roll:
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550307)
Posted by Shadowstream on February 13th, 2014 @ 12:14pm CST
Vicalliose wrote:This is highly irrelevant and shouldn't in any way be considered Transformers news.

I'd agree with ya bro, at least in this case since I'd hardly call the loss of this guy's sanity even remotely close to a tragedy if it really were the case, but take into consideration that excluding news about a former major character from the Bay film franchise is grounds for excluding news about ANY former TF franchise cast member, including ones we actually give a damn about. Granted it's not like we hear much about any of the other non-film actors anyway...
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550318)
Posted by Banjo-Tron on February 13th, 2014 @ 1:08pm CST
I think that he's seen the Jacquin Phoenix buzz from a few years back. This is what he considers performance art. I am impressed that he used a G1 prime as a prop, even in his unusual state he can still recognise the superiority of G1 ;)
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550341)
Posted by helli0n on February 13th, 2014 @ 3:08pm CST
Topless Robot is running with the theory that he is the willing victim of a joke by Lars von Trier. It makes sense too once you realize that Shia isn't known as a director, yet "directed" that copy cat movie.

You can read the whole thing here - My Theory on Shia LaBeouf's Weird Behavior Is Logical if True - MILDLY NFSW due to the two posters at the top. They don't show anything bad, but the posters are "suggestive."
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550368)
Posted by Stormrider on February 13th, 2014 @ 4:50pm CST
I think Shia is just a weird dude.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550404)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 13th, 2014 @ 6:17pm CST
Stormrider wrote:I think Shia is just a weird dude.

He's always struck me as a crazy person just trying to look "cool" in the public's eyes. Even before the TF movies.
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550461)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on February 14th, 2014 @ 12:29am CST
You know, if it is all just a calculated stunt, and he's convinced so many people that he's actually gone insane, even his harshest detractors will end up having to admit that he's a damn good actor.

Am I the only one confused about the "offering him tacos" thing? Was part of the exhibit taking food in to him like he's an animal in a petting zoo, or the reporter just happened to have not finished their lunch...or what? Does TMZ have a Taco Bell endorsement deal right now? I don't give a crap about celebrity/Hollywood news, so it may be standard procedure for all I know.

It sounds more convincing than your average night of pro wrestling, but c'mon, it's not even that strange by performance art standards. Not familiar with von Trier, but the Topless Robot theory makes sense; dozens of directors had saner actors doing weirder s#!t than this even before John Waters, right?
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550467)
Posted by Renne on February 14th, 2014 @ 2:11am CST
frankly surprised it took this long
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550537)
Posted by Optimus1116 on February 14th, 2014 @ 12:00pm CST
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1550545)
Posted by 5150 Cruiser on February 14th, 2014 @ 12:15pm CST

How is this any different than when we hear news of illnesses or deaths of G1, beast wars, energon etc. voice actors that haven't had anything to do with the franchise for well over 2 decades?
Re: Shia LeBeouf Experiencing What May Be Mental Breakdown (1556741)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 11th, 2014 @ 9:13am CDT
5150 Cruiser wrote:

My thought exactly...

Whether it's a hoax or not, I hope he can get out of whatever state of mind he's stuck in. Whether its actual mental imbalance or just a dire need for attention, he needs to do something to get past this, or have people help him move on. Maybe using his money to get away from Hollywood for a year or so might do him good. Just chill on a beach and drink pina coladas or something. Though I know a lot of those people are scared to death to step away from the limelight in fear of fading away and not being able to live that life any more. But maybe that's the problem to begin with.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus