Shia Shares More About His Hand Injury with Entertainment Weekly

Transformers News: Shia Shares More About His Hand Injury with Entertainment Weekly

Tuesday, April 14th, 2009 1:52PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, People News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 6,452

hollywood insider/entertainment weekly.com- Star of this summer's Transformers sequel, actor Shia LaBeouf --who plays Sam in the movie-- has opened up a little more to ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY about what his injury entailed, but doesn't talk much about the movie.

Shia was involved in a car accident last July and his hand has never been the same since. He continued shooting the sequel, and now updates Entertainment Weekly...

"ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What's been going on with your hand since the first surgery?

SHIA LABEOUF: I've had screws and plates put in. They put a screw in one of my knuckles. And they shaved a piece of bone off my hip and made a [bone for my] finger out of it.

Was your hand out the window of the vehicle when it got injured?

Yeah.

How is the hand now?

I'm on my third surgery. That's coming up in a week or two [from April 2]. My middle finger is still crooked as a f---ing noodle, so they've gotta straighten it out and put a screw in it.
How long will it take to recover from this third surgery?
I imagine like two months and I'll be back on my feet.

How much usage will you get back of your left hand?

Probably about 80-something percent. I'll be able to make a fist again. There's a knuckle I'll never be able to move again, but that's probably the only permanent damage, other than the scarring..."

You can read the rest of Shia's interview here at EW.com.
Credit(s): Entertainment Weekly

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Shia Shares More About His Hand Injury with Entertainment Weekly (910265)
Posted by BATTLEMASTER IIC on April 14th, 2009 @ 2:31pm CDT
I don't think he'll be hanging any more limbs from the windows of his ride again!
Re: Shia Shares More About His Hand Injury with Entertainment Weekly (910278)
Posted by TRANS+CRAZY on April 14th, 2009 @ 2:55pm CDT
Poor Shia...
Re: Shia Shares More About His Hand Injury with Entertainment Weekly (910281)
Posted by First-Aid on April 14th, 2009 @ 2:59pm CDT

On that note, did you ever notice how people limp if they hurt their arm's or shoulders? :-P

How many of us have let our hand and arm hang out an open car window? Kinda creepy isn't it?
Re: Shia Shares More About His Hand Injury with Entertainment Weekly (910285)
Posted by Psychout on April 14th, 2009 @ 3:04pm CDT
Was he throwing something out of the car window perhaps? :WHISTLE:
Re: Shia Shares More About His Hand Injury with Entertainment Weekly (910286)
Posted by Bumblebeast on April 14th, 2009 @ 3:06pm CDT
He is becoming more and more a robot each day. Like Sari.
Re: Shia Shares More About His Hand Injury with Entertainment Weekly (910365)
Posted by kingjovius on April 14th, 2009 @ 5:37pm CDT
fuk i didnt noe it was that bad!!
Re: Shia Shares More About His Hand Injury with Entertainment Weekly (910390)
Posted by YRQRM0 on April 14th, 2009 @ 6:48pm CDT
He'll end up being like Darth Vader soon enough
Re: Shia Shares More About His Hand Injury with Entertainment Weekly (911574)
Posted by Shadowman on April 17th, 2009 @ 5:26pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:I'll be back on my feet? Oh that's just too priceless...it's your FRICKING HAND!!!

I don't know about you, but most people don't WALK when they've had multiple surgeries, no matter what body part is being worked on.

Psychout wrote:Was he throwing something out of the car window perhaps? :WHISTLE:

One big problem with that: He wasn't being followed by the police. People don't throw "something" out of the window unless there's a cop car behind them.
Re: Shia Shares More About His Hand Injury with Entertainment Weekly (915790)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 29th, 2009 @ 12:25pm CDT
That's the same interview in which he confirms that the space bridge will be in the movie. In the story, that's where he hurts his hand.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers G1 1985 THRUST BOX  (empty) hasbro takara - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 33 minutes 18 seconds
TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRON * HUGE * OPTIMUS PRIME FIGURE WITH KEY - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 49 minutes 6 seconds
New Bandai Transformers Movie RD-11 Megatron PAINTED - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 50 minutes 35 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations IDW 30th Anniversary Autobot Whirl New - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 6 minutes 20 seconds
Star Wars Transformers Commander Cody CLONE TURBO TANK - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 21 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers G1 1986 GALVATRON MIB complete hasbro takara - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 9 minutes 4 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations IDW 30th Anniversary RHINOX New - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 41 minutes 11 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations IDW 30th Anniversary RHINOX New in Box - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 48 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #151 - SDCC 2016