Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory on Blu-Ray?

Transformers News: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory on Blu-Ray?

Sunday, August 18th, 2013 10:31PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 15,169

This little bit of news comes to us via Blu-ray.com. Could Shout Factory! be gearing up to release Transformers: Victory on Blu-ray? There is not a whole lot of info other than a product posting with the following general specs.

• Shout Factory
  • Season 1
  • 870 min
  • Region A

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com and we will update you when more info is available.
Credit(s): Blu-ray.com
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory on Blu-Ray? (1512658)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 18th, 2013 @ 11:14pm CDT
Well, I guess this would be a good time to start watching that series.

So where do Shout! DVDs sell usually? Wal*Mart, I hope.
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory on Blu-Ray? (1512659)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 18th, 2013 @ 11:17pm CDT
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory on Blu-Ray? (1512665)
Posted by Mkall on August 18th, 2013 @ 11:47pm CDT
If it's subbed, I'll be interested. I've yet to watch Victory from front to end.
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory on Blu-Ray? (1512667)
Posted by MagnetarPrime on August 18th, 2013 @ 11:56pm CDT
Nice, I never had the chance to watch TF Victory so this is interesting news for me, I'm almost done watching TF The Headmasters, but I need to get me the TF Super-God Master Force DVD next.
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory on Blu-Ray? (1512668)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 18th, 2013 @ 11:57pm CDT
This has to be a mistake.

I mean, there's no way Toei would have given them the original film masters to work with, after having screwed over three different companies (including Shout! Factory) on every Western DVD release of all three JG1 series, right?
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory on Blu-Ray? (1512684)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 19th, 2013 @ 2:06am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:This has to be a mistake.

I mean, there's no way Toei would have given them the original film masters to work with, after having screwed over three different companies (including Shout! Factory) on evert Western DVD release of all three JG1 series, right?

I 1000% agree! The masters used on Masterforce (average) and Victory (atrocious) can't be the ones for the possible BD release! This might be just that, a rumor..........
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory on Blu-Ray? (1512696)
Posted by Dean ML on August 19th, 2013 @ 3:32am CDT
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory on Blu-Ray? (1512699)
Posted by Mykltron on August 19th, 2013 @ 4:06am CDT
Surely it was never drawn in BluRay quality...
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory on Blu-Ray? (1512838)
Posted by dragons on August 19th, 2013 @ 4:22pm CDT
Usualy find shout dvds at walmart bestbuy when they first get released after while not any more there selection sucks in movies and music not intersted have copy on dvd dont need bluray version unless its english dubbed
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory on Blu-Ray? (1512859)
Posted by Neurie on August 19th, 2013 @ 5:56pm CDT
Any chance of BW2 or Neo?
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory on Blu-Ray? (1512860)
Posted by Neurie on August 19th, 2013 @ 6:02pm CDT
Dean ML wrote:If this is true, I'm not really interested unless we get the rest of the Japanese G1 on Blu Ray. What I really want is TF: The Movie on Blu Ray. We got GI Joe: The Movie on Blu Ray but not TF? Why?!

Erm, its been release on European region twice and US region 1 once. I think its even been released in Australia on Blu Ray too.

If you look on Amazon and eBay, the region free Blu Ray it will turn up at an over inflated price(between £35-£55, $50-$80ish).

Used to see them regularly in the local second hand shops.
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory on Blu-Ray? (1512863)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 19th, 2013 @ 6:07pm CDT
Neurie wrote:Any chance of BW2 or Neo?
A fat chance. :P

The only reason Shout! got to sub the three JG1 series is because there were already existing subtitle scripts for those series for Shout! to use.

Beast Wars Second and Beast Wars Neo don't have existing subtitles readily available because, for 14 years, there were no official DVD releases of the two, much less digital masters for any potential Western DVD releases to use. They only just recently got their first ever DVD releases in Japan, and those sets are mondo expensive (even by Japanese standards).

Not to mention that the two JBW series are own by a different company from the one that created the three JG1 series, and I wouldn't be surprised if Hasbro hasn't done business with this other group.
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory on Blu-Ray? (1512865)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 19th, 2013 @ 6:10pm CDT
Neurie wrote:

Not in the US, it hasn't.
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory on Blu-Ray? (1512867)
Posted by Dean ML on August 19th, 2013 @ 6:15pm CDT
Neurie wrote:

Used to see them regularly in the local second hand shops.

No, man. There is no official US Blu Ray release.
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory on Blu-Ray? (1512870)
Posted by Neurie on August 19th, 2013 @ 6:35pm CDT
http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Blu- ... B000TR6BAW

If I see a copy of the multi region version around I'll pick it up.

Those prices are ridiculous.
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory on Blu-Ray? (1512871)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 19th, 2013 @ 6:37pm CDT
Neurie wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Blu-ray-Peter-Cullen/dp/B000TR6BAW

If I see a copy of the multi region version around I'll pick it up.

Those prices are ridiculous.
That's the British Blu-Ray release.
Re: Shout! Factory to Release Transformers: Victory on Blu-Ray? (1512898)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 19th, 2013 @ 11:23pm CDT
Another thing to note about the possibility of Shout! releasing Victory on Blu-Ray: Victory hasn't even come out on Blu-Ray in its home nation of Japan, so wouldn't it make more sense for a show to have a domestic Blu-Ray release before it comes out on Blu-Ray in foreign markets?
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip