Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Shout! Factory Transformers: Super-God Masterforce Available Now!

Transformers News: Shout! Factory Transformers: Super-God Masterforce Available Now!

Wednesday, May 2nd, 2012 4:36PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Collectables, Sightings
Posted by: GetRightRobot   Views: 50,633

Transformers Japanese Collection: Super-God Masterforce is now listed as in-stock at Amazon.com! It is available to Amazon Prime members for only $19.99! Click here to get yours!

Following their victory over the Destrons (aka Decepticons) at the end of Headmasters, the Cybertrons (aka Autobots) depart Earth, leaving behind only a small group to protect the planet from any future menace. But when the powerful Destrons return to an unsuspecting planet, the Cybertrons must come out of hiding to defend their human friends once again - only this time they`ll be unable to do it on their own.

Actors: Hiroko Emori, Ikuya Sawaki, Hideyuki Hori
Directors: Katsuyoshi Sasaki
Format: Animated, Box set, Color, Dolby, DVD, Full Screen, NTSC
Language: English
Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)
Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
Number of discs: 5
Rated: Unrated
Studio: Shout! Factory
DVD Release Date: May 1, 2012
Run Time: 930 minutes
Credit(s): Jedi-Kermit, Amazon.com
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers: Super-God Masterforce Available Now! (1376162)
Posted by starscream1974 on May 2nd, 2012 @ 5:24pm CDT
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers: Super-God Masterforce Available Now! (1376168)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on May 2nd, 2012 @ 6:00pm CDT
starscream1974 wrote::BOT: Is this any good? :CON: :KREMZEEK: ? I have never seen this before? I have the G1 Set up to the HeadMaster action but it seemed to get really off kilt. :michaelbay:

I myself haven't seen it but I've heard a few people say it's real good, some even calling it their favorite TFers show!
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers: Super-God Masterforce Available Now! (1376172)
Posted by soundwave85 on May 2nd, 2012 @ 6:06pm CDT
I liked master force I seen it on youtube.I think victory is my favorite of the Japanese transformers series.
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers: Super-God Masterforce Available Now! (1376177)
Posted by F Prime on May 2nd, 2012 @ 6:29pm CDT

Personally I loved Super-God Masterforce. By the G1 set up to Headmasters do you mean the "fourth season", Rebirth? If so, this series (as well as Headmasters and Victory) completely ignore that.
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers: Super-God Masterforce Available Now! (1376182)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 2nd, 2012 @ 6:42pm CDT
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers: Super-God Masterforce Available Now! (1376261)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on May 2nd, 2012 @ 10:01pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:So the individual Victory release is still upcoming? I'm debating whether or not to pick up the single series or wait until I can afford the box set or all three. I guess if the content is no different I might as well get rhe individual ones.

Yes, the individual release of Victory is still coming. When? No one knows yet. There tends to be a three month period between season reelases when it comes to Shout! products, so most likely by the end of the year.

The only real difference between getting the box set and the individual sets is that if you buy the box set, you get all three at once. So yeah, there's no difference.
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers: Super-God Masterforce Available Now! (1376272)
Posted by xBigbotx on May 2nd, 2012 @ 10:54pm CDT
Just pick up my copy today at best buy looking forward to watching it
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers: Super-God Masterforce Available Now! (1376275)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 2nd, 2012 @ 10:55pm CDT
LLLLLLLLLLLOVE this series! =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

HHHHHHHHHHHATE the treatment Shout!/Hasbro gave to its subtitles. Ethnocentric and xenophobic are the best word for them. :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x

They even messed up the DVD cover by using the logo for The Headmasters at the bottom instead of the logo for Chojin Masterforce. And they repeat this mistake on the DVD cover for Victory. :BANG_HEAD:

Hasbro/Shout!, you fail! >:oP
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers: Super-God Masterforce Available Now! (1376313)
Posted by RhA on May 3rd, 2012 @ 1:46am CDT
cannonfodder4000 wrote:

I´m one of those people. IMO, it has some of the best TF brawls ever.
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers: Super-God Masterforce Available Now! (1376317)
Posted by korisifu on May 3rd, 2012 @ 2:24am CDT
Cool! I really liked to Headmasters and I've seen clips of this on youtube. Looking forward to getting it.
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers: Super-God Masterforce Available Now! (1376397)
Posted by Joetx on May 3rd, 2012 @ 9:35am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:HHHHHHHHHHHATE the treatment Shout!/Hasbro gave to its subtitles. Ethnocentric and xenophobic are the best word for them.

I haven't yet purchased Shout's TFs videos, so can you elaborate?
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers: Super-God Masterforce Available Now! (1376410)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on May 3rd, 2012 @ 10:02am CDT
No advantage over this one o the UK set?
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers: Super-God Masterforce Available Now! (1376435)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 3rd, 2012 @ 10:49am CDT
Joetx wrote:

I haven't yet purchased Shout's TFs videos, so can you elaborate?
This entire thread will explain (Page 14 adds some further criticisms to those mentioned on the first few pages).

Or, if you'd rather, I could compile all the important criticisms in that thread into one post here (so that you don't have to read the whole thread).

Pretender Skywarp wrote:No advantage over this one o the UK set?
The only thing the Shout! Factory DVD sets have over the UK Metrodome and the Australian Madman sets are that the Shout! ones fixed some spelling/grammar errors in those other sets' subtitle tracks (yes, the Shout! DVDs recycled the subs of those DVD sets for their own DVD sets) and that the fact that they're being sold domestically in the U.S. means that Amercian fans don't have to pay import prices for either a UK DVD set or an Australian DVD set.

But the bad still FAR outweighs the good, leaving the Metrodome and Madman sets still being the superior releases.
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers: Super-God Masterforce Available Now! (1376439)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on May 3rd, 2012 @ 10:56am CDT
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers: Super-God Masterforce Available Now! (1376442)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 3rd, 2012 @ 10:59am CDT
Pretender Skywarp wrote:I totally get the reasons for domestic customers, I just wondered if there was anything on there making a double dip worth my while, it doesn't sonund like it; thanks for he heds up :)
Well, I'm gonna triple dip (I own the Metrodme DVDs and the TV-Nihon fansubs) so that I can have a copy that will actually play on my DVD players, and so I can compare the subtitles across all three versions. :-B
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers: Super-God Masterforce Available Now! (1376663)
Posted by omega666 on May 3rd, 2012 @ 8:17pm CDT
Just got mine at Best Buy.
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers: Super-God Masterforce Available Now! (1382952)
Posted by LiKwid on May 23rd, 2012 @ 7:03pm CDT
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers: Super-God Masterforce Available Now! (1383155)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 24th, 2012 @ 7:42am CDT
LiKwid wrote:Just got my copy from ebay..Lookin foward to spending the next 2 days off from work, re arranging, cleaning my coolection and checkin out the goods! :KREMZEEK:
Just keep in mind that some of the names and terms written in the subtitles are NOT the correct names, as they differ very much from the names that are being said in the spoken dialogue.
Re: Shout! Factory Transformers: Super-God Masterforce Available Now! (1384488)
Posted by ThunderThruster on May 28th, 2012 @ 6:20am CDT
I'd reccomend to anybody interested in expanding their cartoon collection to get Masterforce.

I think that this (and Victory) are far superior to Headmasters.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars