Silhouette Teaser Image of Masterpiece Wheeljack

Transformers News: Silhouette Teaser Image of Masterpiece Wheeljack

Friday, December 20th, 2013 10:24AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 25,500

Thanks to the TFSource Facebook Page, we have our first silhouette teaser image of the upcoming Masterpiece Wheeljack, orginally found in the pages of this month's Figure King magazine.

He is scheduled to be released sometime in the second quarter of 2014.

Transformers News: Re: First official silhouette for Masterpiece Wheeljack
Credit(s): Sabrblade, TFSource, Figure King Magazine
Re: Silhouette Teaser Image of Masterpiece Wheeljack (1536628)
Posted by Venoose1 on December 20th, 2013 @ 10:40am CST
Oooh that tickles my G1-spot.
Re: Silhouette Teaser Image of Masterpiece Wheeljack (1536631)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 20th, 2013 @ 11:00am CST
HELL. YES.
Re: Silhouette Teaser Image of Masterpiece Wheeljack (1536632)
Posted by rick-cruz on December 20th, 2013 @ 11:04am CST
Finally!!!! Although, this late in the game, we should have seen a full colored image. At this rate, the knock off will be on eBay before the actual Wheeljack. Hurry up already! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Silhouette Teaser Image of Masterpiece Wheeljack (1536634)
Posted by njb902 on December 20th, 2013 @ 11:13am CST
I hate to say anything looks good from just a silhouette, I'll be keeping a eye on this though.
Re: Silhouette Teaser Image of Masterpiece Wheeljack (1536635)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 20th, 2013 @ 11:16am CST
rick-cruz wrote:Finally!!!! Although, this late in the game, we should have seen a full colored image.
Not when it's not due out until the second quarter of 2014, which is around the time when the AOE toys come out, and we've barely seen any of those.
Re: Silhouette Teaser Image of Masterpiece Wheeljack (1536637)
Posted by wilcosu35 on December 20th, 2013 @ 11:57am CST
ooooh, i can't wait. he's going to be all mine !
Re: Silhouette Teaser Image of Masterpiece Wheeljack (1536642)
Posted by T-Macksimus on December 20th, 2013 @ 12:21pm CST
I haven't picked up a single MP figure since I snagged Prime years back. I just haven't been able to bring myself to drop that kind of change on a TF figure of any type unless it's an original G1 figure from the 80's. This is about to change. I want this Wheeljack. I don't care if I can't see any more than a silhouette right now, I've seen how the others have turned out and I already know that 'Jack is going to be SWEET! He was my first larger Autobot figure (got him and Huffer together for my birthday back in '85 with Starscream being my very first figure the Christmas before) and I want a G1 style Wheeljack back on my shelf again.

Now if someday they come out with a MP Kup figure I can snag him too and die a happy collector since WJ and Kup are the two figures I can relate the most to out of the whole Transformer franchise. One's an aged, grouchy, tough-as-nails SOB and the other a mad inventor that can build anything with next to nothing and that sums me up pretty good. :P
Re: Silhouette Teaser Image of Masterpiece Wheeljack (1536647)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on December 20th, 2013 @ 12:44pm CST
really looking forward to this!! :BOWDOWN:
Re: Silhouette Teaser Image of Masterpiece Wheeljack (1536648)
Posted by Rated X on December 20th, 2013 @ 12:49pm CST
Re: Silhouette Teaser Image of Masterpiece Wheeljack (1536651)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 20th, 2013 @ 1:04pm CST
Rated X wrote:I have a feeling it will not be sporting "Alitalia" airline logos like the G1 toy. Im sure reprolabels will fix that though.

I'm fairly certain that like Smokescreen, WJ won't be sporting any official logos aside from Lancia. And if he does have others, the licensing fees are going to raise his price significantly.

T-Macksimus wrote:I haven't picked up a single MP figure since I snagged Prime years back. I just haven't been able to bring myself to drop that kind of change on a TF figure of any type unless it's an original G1 figure from the 80's.

Order from HLJ, the difference in price really is amazing. I think I got Prowl & Streak for around $50 shipped each.
Re: Silhouette Teaser Image of Masterpiece Wheeljack (1536661)
Posted by Cyberpath on December 20th, 2013 @ 2:24pm CST
Yay! Wheeljack was such a lovable character on the show. Looking forward to this.

I was kind of hoping Bumblebee would be first though, it feels like it will take a century till we finally get him. :)
Re: Silhouette Teaser Image of Masterpiece Wheeljack (1536662)
Posted by AutoBorst on December 20th, 2013 @ 2:31pm CST
Re: Silhouette Teaser Image of Masterpiece Wheeljack (1536666)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 20th, 2013 @ 2:51pm CST
AutoBorst wrote:Here we go again. I'm actually surprised they picked a character they couldn't repaint a half dozen times. To my knowledge there never was a G1 repaint of this mold, was there?
The Action Master was redecoed into Slicer.

Recent Wheeljack molds have been given the Slicer deco treatment as well.
Re: Silhouette Teaser Image of Masterpiece Wheeljack (1536669)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 20th, 2013 @ 2:57pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
The Action Master was redecoed into Slicer.

Recent Wheeljack molds have been given the Slicer deco treatment as well.

A friend of mine had an interesting thought: retool Wheeljack into Sunstreaker. With some clever engineering it can be done... :-?
Re: Silhouette Teaser Image of Masterpiece Wheeljack (1536683)
Posted by Stormrider on December 20th, 2013 @ 4:55pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
The Action Master was redecoed into Slicer.

Recent Wheeljack molds have been given the Slicer deco treatment as well.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The base transformation is similar.
Re: Silhouette Teaser Image of Masterpiece Wheeljack (1536687)
Posted by EagleTron on December 20th, 2013 @ 5:07pm CST
Whoe, ho, ho. That silhouette looks crazy good. I can't wait. Let me repeat myself, I can't wait for this mp Wheeljack. This is B.O.S. even if it turns out to be a crappy masterpiece figure witch the chances of that of being like zero. This is the best mp silhouette I ever saw. I wouldn't mind at all if this turns out to be actually better than the two previous mp car molds that are both awesome. :D
Re: Silhouette Teaser Image of Masterpiece Wheeljack (1536702)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on December 20th, 2013 @ 6:51pm CST

The one thing I'd look out for are QC issues, which is way too early to worry about anyways.

Still deciding if it's worth replacing my current Generations Wheeljack with a pricier MP version.
Re: Silhouette Teaser Image of Masterpiece Wheeljack (1536704)
Posted by EagleTron on December 20th, 2013 @ 7:14pm CST
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:What with the level of engineering sophistication the MP designers have accumulated through the years, it's almost a given that an MP fig would be awesome.

That's an easy decision too make, choose mp. Contemplating on a decision like that is like trying to decide if you want AC inside your car or not, or do you want power sterring on a vehicle or no power steering. :-$
Re: Silhouette Teaser Image of Masterpiece Wheeljack (1536715)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on December 20th, 2013 @ 9:23pm CST
EagleTron wrote:

LOL! Hard to disagree with that!
Re: Silhouette Teaser Image of Masterpiece Wheeljack (1536808)
Posted by Cyberpath on December 21st, 2013 @ 12:22pm CST
Someone posted this artist's illustration of what MP-20 might look like.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Prime 2011 AUTOBOT WHEELJACK FIGURE Animated Series Deluxe - Time Remaining: 20 days 7 hours 11 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Prime AM-10 Bulkhead Takara Action Figure Action Figure RID - Time Remaining: 7 days 19 hours 7 minutes 16 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Dark of the Moon MechTech THUNDERCRACKER G1 Figure Moc FREE S/H - Time Remaining: 21 days 17 hours 14 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers G2 G1 JETSTORM Complete Loose Vintage 1990s Figure - Time Remaining: 14 days 11 hours 4 seconds
Transformers AOE Age of Extinction Voyager Class Grimlock TRU Evolution 2-Pack - Time Remaining: 8 days 5 hours 5 minutes 37 seconds
NEW  Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Optimus Prime Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 23 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers Movie Deluxe Decepticon Swindle (2007). - Time Remaining: 6 days 2 hours 34 minutes 30 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Generation 1 Autobot SINNERTWIN Action Figure Toy 1987 G1 COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 6 days 20 hours 56 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory