Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Site Sponsor News BBTS - Shared Exclusive Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders

Transformers News: Site Sponsor News BBTS - Shared Exclusive Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders

Monday, July 1st, 2013 4:52AM CDT

Categories: Sponsor News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 14,584

Site sponsor BBTS have dropped us a message to let everyone know they will be carrying the Platinum Edition Predaking reissue! The figure is up for pre-order now, at the price of $119.99.

Site Sponsor News BBTS - Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders

We had a fantastic time at Botcon this year and are happy to officially announce our latest Hasbro Shared Exclusive! The Platinum Predaking Reissue is now available for preorder at $119.99. This figure comes with die-cast metal parts and beautiful deluxe packaging - check it out here:

Thanks!
Joel
Credit(s): BBTS

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Site Sponsor News BBTS - Shared Exclusive Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1499788)
Posted by Bounti76 on July 1st, 2013 @ 5:10am CDT
Too bad I already have the 2010 Japanese reissue...paid more too. :BANG_HEAD:

Either way, this set looks cool. I do have two observations to make

1. Did they really lose all the trademarks to the names so they have to be called "Predacon ________"? Or is that just a switch that was made for the sake of conformity?

2. "Torox"?? What the hell? Did I miss something? It sounds like a cleaning product, not the name of a vicious hunter. I fail to see how the name Tantrum could be offensive, or if what they lost the trademark for the name to.
Re: Site Sponsor News BBTS - Shared Exclusive Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1499789)
Posted by Arucard on July 1st, 2013 @ 5:14am CDT
Do I spy a new sword for Predaking?
Re: Site Sponsor News BBTS - Shared Exclusive Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1499794)
Posted by Henry921 on July 1st, 2013 @ 5:46am CDT
Arucard wrote:Do I spy a new sword for Predaking?

Indeed! That's a repainted Star Saber!

I blame this on you, Va'al. As the messenger, you are clearly to blame for ruining this forever.

I feel horrible for saying that. Va'al's a good guy.
Re: Site Sponsor News BBTS - Shared Exclusive Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1499795)
Posted by Va'al on July 1st, 2013 @ 5:51am CDT
Henry921 wrote:I feel horrible for saying that. Va'al's a good guy.

You do not know that. I could be Burn in disguise. :-$
Re: Site Sponsor News BBTS - Shared Exclusive Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1499796)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 1st, 2013 @ 5:56am CDT
Izzat a new sword?
Re: Site Sponsor News BBTS - Shared Exclusive Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1499818)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 1st, 2013 @ 8:38am CDT
I'm preordering for now; I may cancel later.

I really want this set, but $120 is steep.
Re: Site Sponsor News BBTS - Shared Exclusive Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1499840)
Posted by Va'al on July 1st, 2013 @ 9:53am CDT
Following the news from BBTS, we can announce that Amazon.com has also added its pre-orders for the shared exclusive Platinum Edition Predaking, priced at $119.99. The listing reveals that the figure will be available as of September 16 2013.

Re: Site Sponsor News BBTS - Shared Exclusive Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1499850)
Posted by HairyDawg on July 1st, 2013 @ 10:33am CDT
Re: Site Sponsor News BBTS - Shared Exclusive Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1499857)
Posted by necr0blivion on July 1st, 2013 @ 11:24am CDT
Re: Site Sponsor News BBTS - Shared Exclusive Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1499858)
Posted by TreyTable on July 1st, 2013 @ 11:27am CDT
HairyDawg wrote:I am going to go broke buying Transformers! This, Metroplex, MP Acid Storm, MP Soundwave, plus all the other regular issue figures... Yikes!

Makes me glad I already got Fort Max and MP Soundwave, but I feel it too, with Metroplex, MP Acid Storm, plus Saint's Row IV, Grand Theft Auto 5, Gran Turismo 6, and even then there's the PS4 and Xbox One.. and the inevitable possibility of an 'MP-13b - Soundblaster.'
Re: Site Sponsor News BBTS - Shared Exclusive Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1499882)
Posted by hinomars19 on July 1st, 2013 @ 1:02pm CDT
necr0blivion wrote:Didn't notice this from the BotCon pictures, but Predaking is wielding a gold version of BH Optimus Prime's sword??? That's a neat bonus, compared to just using Razorclaw's sword.

Indeed.
Although the one time up-scaling something would've actually been cool they miss a trick.
There's no dealing with these people >:oP

Will he have all the stickers? Like the TT reissue did?
Re: Site Sponsor News BBTS - Shared Exclusive Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1499897)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 1st, 2013 @ 1:54pm CDT

So then there's a proper sword? That gold DAGGER is hardly a sword... :roll:

$120 is still kind of high, but $24 for each piece of a reprinted, brand new 80s toy? :-B I suppose that's not unreasonable! ;;)
Re: Site Sponsor News BBTS - Shared Exclusive Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1499947)
Posted by Manterax Prime on July 1st, 2013 @ 5:17pm CDT
Re: Site Sponsor News BBTS - Shared Exclusive Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1499954)
Posted by Yweggo on July 1st, 2013 @ 6:16pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:What I absolutely hate about this is that if Hasbro is doing 30 Platinum releases for the 30th anniversary, WHY THE F*CK ARE THEY ONLINE EXCLUSIVE???!!! WHO'S F*CKING IDEA WAS THAT????

This guy seems mad.

Not that I blame him mind you, I feel the same way.
Re: Site Sponsor News BBTS - Shared Exclusive Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1499976)
Posted by Stormrider on July 1st, 2013 @ 7:43pm CDT
Looks like they went with the shiny gold paint like the last Takara release.
Re: Site Sponsor News BBTS - Shared Exclusive Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1500040)
Posted by noctorro on July 2nd, 2013 @ 12:37am CDT
Hopefully he won't be over 195 dollars in The Netherlands.
I really want a nice new Predaking.
Re: Site Sponsor News BBTS - Shared Exclusive Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1500050)
Posted by alldarker on July 2nd, 2013 @ 2:20am CDT
I'll pass on this one.
I'va already got the first Takara (yellow) re-issue, and I also own the 2010 version, which looks like this one. The Star Saber he's now issued with is still way too small: I upgraded mine with the Crazy Devy (CDMW-14)sword which is the perfect intimidating size.
Re: Site Sponsor News BBTS - Shared Exclusive Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1500106)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 2nd, 2013 @ 8:12am CDT
If I already had Predaking, in any previous version, I wouldn't see any reason to buy this, especially at that price.

I don't have one, though, and he'd look great in my display case next to the BBTS exclusive Piranacon. But I only paid $40 for Piranacon, so I'm having trouble swallowing the $120 price tag for Predaking. I wonder if they'll end up putting Predaking on clearance a year from now?

Regarding these Platinum figures being online exclusives: it makes it difficult to get them, but the flip side is that they're more likely to appreciate in value. It makes them Collector's Items.
Re: Site Sponsor News BBTS - Shared Exclusive Platinum Predaking Reissue Pre-Orders (1500233)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 2nd, 2013 @ 3:04pm CDT
Golden Star Saber? :shock: :???:

Also, Tantrum's new name is "Torox".
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction