Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32

Transformers News: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32

Thursday, August 7th, 2014 5:30PM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 21,212

Thanks as usual to Mariel Romero from IDW Publishing uploading pages to iTunes, we get a brief glimpse at the continuation of the Robots in Disguise ongoing with issue #32, as we get closer to Combiner Wars (starting in #34). Check it out below!

AUTOBOTS VERSUS EARTH! OPTIMUS PRIME and the AUTOBOTS discover the humans’ secret—and they aren’t pleased with what they learn! Will the DECEPTICON’s alliance tear down the peace—and will the world learn the CYBERTRONIANs are back?

Transformers News: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32

Transformers News: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32

Transformers News: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32
Credit(s): iTunes, Mariel Romero

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32 (1597467)
Posted by Dr Va'al on August 7th, 2014 @ 5:38pm CDT
Now this, this really intrigues me. Let me love issue #32, Barber, let me let me! :D
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32 (1597468)
Posted by Super Megatron on August 7th, 2014 @ 5:45pm CDT
Great preview - the way how Prowl sees Optimus Prime is the same way as I see him. I hope this is the beginning of letting other Autobot leaders from past continuity to bring the Autobots to a new (and better) direction.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32 (1597482)
Posted by Ebonyleopard on August 7th, 2014 @ 7:22pm CDT
I have to say, I'm really liking this version of Cosmo. He's edgy. I dig his sarcasm, especially when he threatened to kill the person who was criticizing his picture taking skills. HEh "Who was that?"

This take on Prowl is also continuing to be very intriguing because you just don't know where he's going. He's almost scary, but I like it.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32 (1597486)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 7th, 2014 @ 7:43pm CDT
Ebonyleopard wrote:I

Prowl is scary. Looking forward to seeing where this is going.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32 (1597589)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 8th, 2014 @ 3:30am CDT
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32 (1597599)
Posted by Dr Va'al on August 8th, 2014 @ 5:00am CDT
Elegant Chaos is an MTMTE arc, while Combiner Wars is mostly taking place in RID and possibly Windblade, as far as the info I have tells me..!
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32 (1597604)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 8th, 2014 @ 5:44am CDT
Ah I see, which now makes me wonder if the colonies will play into this as well as a certain someone from #33...
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32 (1597622)
Posted by 1984forever on August 8th, 2014 @ 8:29am CDT
"Hero cop"

I may not get this one because it requires COMPLETE suspension of disbelief. If every police officer on Earth has gone Rogue, how am I to possibly believe that a "hero cop" can hail from a warlike planet like Cybertron? C'mon Barber! We're not that dumb!
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32 (1597628)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 8th, 2014 @ 8:53am CDT
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32 (1597869)
Posted by 1984forever on August 8th, 2014 @ 11:10pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Every cop gone rogue? Where did you get that fact from? Plus you've already suspended your belief this far with transforming alien robots. May as well go all the way :D

I get that fact from the media. It is easier to believe that an alien from outer space can transform into a Volkswagen than it is to believe in a heroic cop. The writing is off to a bad start.

And Why is Cosmos saying "Bananas" instead of "nuts"? What does he know about something being "Bananas"? What's next? Transformers telling their damaged comrades that "an apple a day will keep the doctor away"?
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32 (1597872)
Posted by Shuttershock on August 8th, 2014 @ 11:20pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I sense Prowlasator is going to be integral to combiner wars (also I thought Elegant Chaos started in 34? Or is that only going to affect MtMtE?) As for other autobot leaders who else is there to lead? Although I would laugh if they found a way to get Ginrai in there...

I wouldn't be surprised. Dai Atlas, Star Saber and Overlord have turned up in this continuity. We're only shy a Deathsaurus and Ginrai.

It would be worth it, if only to see the quizzical reactions from the RID crew. Maybe he has "primus apotheosis" from Last Stand of the Wreckers, only much more advanced.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32 (1597906)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 9th, 2014 @ 5:20am CDT
1984forever wrote:

Actually on this side of the pond, there is far more heroic cops then bad ones by a long shot. Actually there hasnt been a rogue cop story for a while. Don't believe everything fox news tells you. ;) Far more good cops then bad ones.

As for cosmos, maybe he picked it up from earth broadcasts. Besides how would nuts be better? That's also an earthen expression ;)

It would also be nice to get a reference to the none-robot villains from the Japanese series like Devil z, Voijenger and Dark Nova :lol: Oh and Black
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32 (1597954)
Posted by 1984forever on August 9th, 2014 @ 9:45am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
1984forever wrote:

Cosmos could have said nuts. They have nuts on Cybertron, as in"nuts and bolts". The Sunbow cartoon had a way of making a Transformers dialogue sound really authentic by saying "tail pipe" or "tail rudder" instead of butts. Or instead of saying "who ruffled your collar?", they used "you look like someone mashed your manifold" in it's place. If IDW put as much thought into their writing as Sunbow did, their comics wouldn't read like fan fic!
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32 (1598070)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 9th, 2014 @ 5:19pm CDT

Though you bring up the g1 toon, which was the second storyline branch of the G1 verse. It was also a time when they were merely robots with freewill, autonomous (notice the word Auto in there;)) robots constructed. That was 84.Its now 2014, the current origins for the bots in IDW is still mysterious but they've evolved, I mean in Prime they did evolve! If G1 was remade today, the dialogue would be updated as well to reflect the changes in the brands 30 years.

Now I know that the first year of G1 is where your heart is, and you know what? That's fine. Focus your collecting and enjoyment around that. All I ask is you realize that everything that came after is still transformers, and each installment has people just as passionate as you in love with them. Some things are better left in the past, same with the G1 fiction, it's done its bit for the franchise, let it sleep till new fans go digging for history.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32 (1598072)
Posted by Shuttershock on August 9th, 2014 @ 5:39pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:But in IDW the bots weren't created by the quints ;) (mainly because of how much of a stupid idea it was) so why would he say nuts if there's no nuts or bolts. Actually while we're on that tract, saying "you're nuts!" is a very human trait. 1) Nuts actually means the fruit nuts, not metal nuts. 2) I think when you accept that a race of alien robots have coincidently named almost everything the same as us humans, you may as well accept anything that happens.

Plus, this is all assuming a human-centric knowledge of the universe. Is it inconceivable that the Autobots came up with lingo that's similar to Earth slang? They've been around for a bit longer than us in this universe.

I always wanted at least one robot-human conversation to have the Cybertronian comment on how similar humans look/act to THEM, or just to say that upright bipeds are a lot more common than we think in the universe. Just to shake up the perspective.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32 (1598080)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 9th, 2014 @ 6:10pm CDT

I am surprised though that no transformers fiction has ever gone the route of "oh look we created humanity!" the closest we've had is with the Movieverse.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32 (1598082)
Posted by Shuttershock on August 9th, 2014 @ 6:34pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Exactly! If you go by how long the war was in fact, their war started with mankind yet to dominate the planet (actually they may not even be around, I forget how old the earliest humanoid fossil dates to). We humans often do think we did everything first, with the statistics as they are on alien life, if we ever met it we could be in for a surprise.

Funny how the least thought-provoking arm of the franchise actually did entwine human history with Transformers.

Also, while Beast Wars didn't technically create humanity, it ensured their ancestors' survival. Heck, Dinobot gave them the idea for a simple hammer.
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32 (1598084)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 9th, 2014 @ 6:38pm CDT
I forgot beast wars actually and your right, plus they must of invented the catapult purely to get rid of waspinator :lol:
Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32 (1600175)
Posted by Dr Va'al on August 18th, 2014 @ 10:22am CDT
Gearing up for the full preview for Robots in Disguise #32 hitting the interwebs tomorrow, IDW colourist John-Paul Bove has revealed the excellent collaboration with artist Casey Coller on their 30th anniversary cover series - feast your eyes on the multiple bringers of doom below!

[quote]So finally I can reveal this cover and it is possibly my favourite single image I have worked on. This is one of my favourite moments in all of TF history and I wanted to have Unicron swept up in firey hell and Optimus and Scorponok to be in a cool and contemplative hue. A still moment contrasted against a firestorm. Hope you dig it! [/quote]

Re: Sneak Peek - IDW Transformers: Robots in Disguise #32 (1600197)
Posted by cor2879 on August 18th, 2014 @ 11:50am CDT
I agree, one of the best endings to one of the best story arcs in TF history. In fact, knowing what I know now about the Marvel G1 run (and the IDW follow up that I generally didn't like), this probably would have been the best place to end the series.

Ending Soon On eBay

Vintage 1987 Hasbro G1 Transformers Terrorcon Abominus Hun-Grrr Near Complete - Time Remaining: 1 day 17 hours 30 minutes 47 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS ENCORE #14 14 HOIST MISB - Time Remaining: 8 days 9 hours 19 minutes 17 seconds
Kabaya Transformers D Collection Optimus Convoy Megatron Starscream 3 Figure - Time Remaining: 7 days 23 hours 11 minutes 49 seconds
Kabaya Transformers D Collection Optimus Convoy Megatron Starscream Transparent - Time Remaining: 7 days 23 hours 12 minutes 33 seconds
TRANSFORMERS ROTF MOVIE LEADER BUSTER OPTIMUS PRIME METALLIC CHROME TAKARA MINT - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 58 minutes 53 seconds
New Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes Hoist the Tow-Bot Figure Toys - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 44 minutes 11 seconds
Transformers Reissue Universe Generations G1 Menasor Stunticons Super Warrior - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 3 minutes 17 seconds
EMS SHIP IN OFFICIAL BOX TRANSFORMERS UW06 GRAND GALVATRON UNITE WARRIORS - Time Remaining: 3 days 6 hours 39 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive