Transformers News: Spring 2015 Transformers cartoon to be titled "Transformers: Robots in Disguise"

Thursday, June 12th, 2014 3:48PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Event News, Company News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 45,753

Earlier today, Variety posted an article about the upcoming Transformers cartoon set to debut in the Spring of 2015. The full article with additional details can be found at http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/hasbro-to-launch-transformers-robots-in-disguise-series-in-spring-2015-exclusive-1201219103/

Variety wrote:“Transformers: Robots in Disguise” will be the name of Hasbro’s new animated series starring its shape-shifting characters.

...

Series will introduce a redesign of Bumblebee and introduce new Autobot characters Sideswipe and Fixit (see above).

Criss will voice Sideswipe, while Whitfield will bring Fixit to life.

Show takes place years after “Transformers Prime,” when Bumblebee is summoned to save Earth from a new faction of Decepticons and assembles a rogue team of young Autobots that includes a rebel bad boy bot, an elite guard cadet, a bombastic Dinobot and hyperactive Mini-Con to capture their new enemies.

Each new bot is a fully capable action hero but inexperienced in working together in a team, forcing Bumblebee to become both squad leader and coach, Hasbro said.

Additional details can be read by clicking here.
Credit(s): Variety.com
Re: Spring 2015 Transformers cartoon to be titled "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" (1581585)
Posted by Seibertron on June 12th, 2014 @ 3:51pm CDT
Fixit = Ratchet and Beast Machine Rattrap's love child apparently.
Re: Spring 2015 Transformers cartoon to be titled "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" (1581587)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on June 12th, 2014 @ 3:56pm CDT
I'd still been hoping that it might be an alright series (character design-wise I mean), but after seeing this, I think I'll skip seeing it until it's already done and over with, like I did with Animated. The over-all story might be alright (like animated), but I just can't get past the character design. Seriously, I just had to look at Fixit and now I'm done with this.
Re: Spring 2015 Transformers cartoon to be titled "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" (1581590)
Posted by gantzrunner on June 12th, 2014 @ 3:59pm CDT
I didn't know gobot Scooter and Herbie the Robot had a kid! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Spring 2015 Transformers cartoon to be titled "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" (1581591)
Posted by Burn on June 12th, 2014 @ 4:02pm CDT
Animated type aesthetic huh? Not impressed, but then, too early to really decide.
Re: Spring 2015 Transformers cartoon to be titled "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" (1581592)
Posted by megatronus on June 12th, 2014 @ 4:02pm CDT
I honestly thought that was a Knock-Out redesign, not Sideswipe.

Should be interesting, anime-hairdos aside. :D
Re: Spring 2015 Transformers cartoon to be titled "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" (1581593)
Posted by JIRRMan on June 12th, 2014 @ 4:13pm CDT
A show called "Transformers Robots in Disguise"? Hmm.... no confusion there....
Re: Spring 2015 Transformers cartoon to be titled "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" (1581594)
Posted by ILL-Star on June 12th, 2014 @ 4:14pm CDT
While the show will probably play out well, this description of BB acting as coach doesn't really peek my interest. I suppose it's more unique than Optimus being leader though. And at least we're not being told that they're all new Autobot grads getting the taste of battle for the first time. That would suck.

The only design choice here that bothers me is Sideswipe's hair/head. It makes him look way too much like Knockout especially given how his face appears white. Otherwise, the body design is pretty spot on for your classic style Sideswipe. I'm more curious about which Cons will be around. Especially regarding who's leader now.
Re: Spring 2015 Transformers cartoon to be titled "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" (1581596)
Posted by VirusCarnage on June 12th, 2014 @ 4:15pm CDT
I'm still kinda bummed out about no Optimus (at least to start), I'll give the show a chance though.
Re: Spring 2015 Transformers cartoon to be titled "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" (1581597)
Posted by Avensis-Mahiya on June 12th, 2014 @ 4:18pm CDT
Robots in Disguise? Seriously?

We already have a show AND a comic by that same name; come on, Hasbro. Get more creative here. It's going to cause some major confusion. I'm hoping that they change the subtitle to something else.
Re: Spring 2015 Transformers cartoon to be titled "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" (1581598)
Posted by Mkall on June 12th, 2014 @ 4:21pm CDT
Not a fan of the animation style so I'll probably not get the toys. I'm hoping the series will at least be well-written.
Re: Spring 2015 Transformers cartoon to be titled "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" (1581600)
Posted by Zeedust on June 12th, 2014 @ 4:23pm CDT
JIRRMan wrote:A show called "Transformers Robots in Disguise"? Hmm.... no confusion there....

As if having RiD the show and RiD the completely unrelated comic wasn't confusing enough, now there's another show with the name not connected to the other show OR the comic. (Also, this probably kills any chance of Shout Factory trying to untangle whatever is is keeping them from releasing the first RiD on DVD.)

And yeah, Sideswipe looks totally like Knock Out.
Re: Spring 2015 Transformers cartoon to be titled "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" (1581602)
Posted by HiddenElephant on June 12th, 2014 @ 4:27pm CDT
Sideswpie: Seems cool enough.

Bumblebee: Thank the lords that this chap isn't going to be kid appeal. Now, get the gold spraypaint, it's time for a little goldbug.

Fixit: KILL IT! KILL IT! KILL IT!

Unknown Elite Guard Cadet: ???

Unknown Bombastic Dynobot: I can haz see? Pleeze?

Also, I do believe this has potential. I'll probably check it out. Also, I do actually kind of hope one of our two mystery characters is a strong female role, like what we got with PRID Arcee. It'd be even better, or maybe wonkier, if that female role was the dinobot.

Also, Decepticons: Bring out your wishlist, everyone: Intimidating, ruthless leader that isn't Megatron, a powerful predacon on board, hapless mooks......Mebbe....Tarantulas? Nah, that'd be going too far.
Re: Spring 2015 Transformers cartoon to be titled "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" (1581603)
Posted by Rex Prime on June 12th, 2014 @ 4:29pm CDT
The creative team has Jeff Kline and the guy who is writing this is the same one who wrote The Clone Wars. I am pretty Steven Melching could provide us with some rather dark and cool stories that don't bring Optimus back to life.
Re: Spring 2015 Transformers cartoon to be titled "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" (1581604)
Posted by VirusCarnage on June 12th, 2014 @ 4:30pm CDT
HiddenElephant wrote:....Also, how exactly is this going to be robots in disguise with a DINOBOT on the team? You do not choose a prehistoric animal with subtly in mind.

Plot twist: Science has advanced to a point where they revived dinosaurs.
Re: Spring 2015 Transformers cartoon to be titled "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" (1581606)
Posted by Optimus Clyde on June 12th, 2014 @ 4:30pm CDT
Before I knew it was called "Fixit", I looked at it and thought..."Wheelie"?
Re: Spring 2015 Transformers cartoon to be titled "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" (1581607)
Posted by Flashwave on June 12th, 2014 @ 4:33pm CDT
megatronus wrote:I honestly thought that was a Knock-Out redesign, not Sideswipe.

Should be interesting, anime-hairdos aside. :D

You too huh?
Optimus Clyde wrote:Before I knew it was called "Fixit", I looked at it and thought..."Wheelie"?
Seconded

Nemesis Primal wrote:

And yeah, Sideswipe looks totally like Knock Out.
And now 3 toylines...
Re: Spring 2015 Transformers cartoon to be titled "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" (1581612)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on June 12th, 2014 @ 4:40pm CDT
"Do I not like that"
Re: Spring 2015 Transformers cartoon to be titled "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" (1581615)
Posted by Deadput on June 12th, 2014 @ 4:44pm CDT
I know I'm that guy who says we should stop fighting all the time.

But what the hell is that orange thing and why is Knock Out named Sideswipe?

Oh God dont tell me Knock Out renames himself Sideswipe.
Re: Spring 2015 Transformers cartoon to be titled "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" (1581616)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 12th, 2014 @ 4:45pm CDT
Re: Spring 2015 Transformers cartoon to be titled "Transformers: Robots in Disguise" (1581617)
Posted by VirusCarnage on June 12th, 2014 @ 4:48pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

That's a accurate representation of what I'm doing right now.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Age Of Extinction Autobot Drift Action Figure - 2014 Hasbro - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 41 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers Botcon 2007 Weirdwolf - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 12 minutes 1 second
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS G2 MENASOR 6 STUNTICONS BOXED SET - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 42 minutes 34 seconds
Lot of Star Wars Transformers Tie Advanced Darth Vader Obi-Wan Kenobi - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 59 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers G1 Platinum Edition Predaking Action Figure Set 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 27 days 3 hours 45 minutes 29 seconds
Transformers Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream Walmart Exclusive - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 34 seconds
Transformers Hasbro 20th Anniversary Masterpiece Optimus Prime - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 30 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Takara MP-08 Masterpiece Grimlock First Edition Incomplete - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 30 minutes 25 seconds
Website Security Test