Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Stan Bush's "The Touch" on Tonight's The Goldbergs, "The Touch - Power Mix" Video December 15

Transformers News: Stan Bush's "The Touch" on Tonight's The Goldbergs, "The Touch - Power Mix" Video December 15

Tuesday, December 10th, 2013 1:15PM CST

Categories: Game News, People News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 11,379

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Stan Bush who is a good friend of Seibertron.com, sent us an email to let us know that his hit "The Touch" will be on tonight's new episode of "The Goldbergs" on ABC at 9 PM EST . If you have never watched "The Goldbergs", it is set in the late '80's and follows the Goldberg family.

Also, Stan Bush will be releasing "The Touch - Power Mix" video this coming Sunday December 15. This is from the Fall of Cybertron video game and the video will contain game footage. You can see the new video on the Official Stan Bush Youtube Channel in anticipation of his forthcoming studio album The Ultimate. Be sure to check out both.
Credit(s): Stan Bush
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" on Tonight's The Goldbergs, "The Touch - Power Mix" Video December 15 (1534283)
Posted by dedcat on December 10th, 2013 @ 1:47pm CST
The Goldbergs?

This is really a thing?
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" on Tonight's The Goldbergs, "The Touch - Power Mix" Video December 15 (1534497)
Posted by shockblast2 on December 11th, 2013 @ 9:15am CST
I like the 1986 movie. I like G1 transformers. I like the soundtrack to that movie. But, is it really a newsworthy topic to post that one of the artists songs will be used as audio filler for a silly TV show?
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" on Tonight's The Goldbergs, "The Touch - Power Mix" Video December 15 (1534602)
Posted by KnightStrike on December 11th, 2013 @ 5:41pm CST
I actually thought it was pretty funny the way the song was used in the show because I can remember a friend and I cranking it on an old boombox as kids and doing some goofy fight moves much like what the kids in the show did :lol:

More importantly, I am excited about the news of a new Stan Bush album on the horizon (its been a while since Dream the Dream was released) and look forward to the new video on the 15th :D
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" on Tonight's The Goldbergs, "The Touch - Power Mix" Video December 15 (1534998)
Posted by ScottyP on December 13th, 2013 @ 11:58am CST
shockblast2 wrote:I like the 1986 movie. I like G1 transformers. I like the soundtrack to that movie. But, is it really a newsworthy topic to post that one of the artists songs will be used as audio filler for a silly TV show?


Anything related to "The Touch" should be frontpage news on any TF fansite. :grin:
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" on Tonight's The Goldbergs, "The Touch - Power Mix" Video December 15 (1535002)
Posted by skynet1O1 on December 13th, 2013 @ 12:24pm CST
I've heard good things about the show but haven't seen it yet. It would be cool if they reference TF.
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" on Tonight's The Goldbergs, "The Touch - Power Mix" Video December 15 (1535044)
Posted by KnightStrike on December 13th, 2013 @ 2:36pm CST
My wife and I enjoy the show. It is sort of like "The Wonder Years" set in the late 1980's. Its a fun show and the nostalgia factor for stuff in the background like posters, t-shirts, etc. is pretty awesome.
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" on Tonight's The Goldbergs, "The Touch - Power Mix" Video December 15 (1535428)
Posted by KnightStrike on December 15th, 2013 @ 7:37am CST
The video is now up and is awesome. Makes me want to replay FOC :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os6A3oDZ-z0
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" on Tonight's The Goldbergs, "The Touch - Power Mix" Video December 15 (1535429)
Posted by Va'al on December 15th, 2013 @ 7:44am CST
As we reported a short while back, Stan Bush is planning the release of his next album The Ultimate, and would be posting a new mix of his classic 'The Touch' track this weekend - the Power Mix. Wait no more, for here it is, in its new Fall of Cybertron clothes! Check it out below.

Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" on Tonight's The Goldbergs, "The Touch - Power Mix" Video December 15 (1535446)
Posted by Shadowstream on December 15th, 2013 @ 9:58am CST
I just posted a long ranting comment on another YT video about how sick I am of having to put up with Stan Bush's music as if he's THE Transformers music guy and he must be acknowledged because of it... then I load up Seibertron and here's this. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" on Tonight's The Goldbergs, "The Touch - Power Mix" Video December 15 (1535448)
Posted by griftimus prime on December 15th, 2013 @ 10:10am CST
horrible. absolutely horrible. dont mess with the original song. its awesome.
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" on Tonight's The Goldbergs, "The Touch - Power Mix" Video December 15 (1535454)
Posted by T-Macksimus on December 15th, 2013 @ 10:35am CST
Shadowstream wrote:I just posted a long ranting comment on another YT video about how sick I am of having to put up with Stan Bush's music as if he's THE Transformers music guy and he must be acknowledged because of it... then I load up Seibertron and here's this. :BANG_HEAD:


Well... I would strongly suggest you work on your coping skill because Stan Bush, Vince DiCola and Linkin Park are forever going to be associated with Transformers music.

Fans of the Star Wars movies bitch about the prequel films but they were still created by the man that wrote the original movies and there's not a damn thing anyone can say or do nor should they. Lucas wrote the prequels for himself more than the fans and Stan has every right to do whatever he wants with HIS original, iconic song.
Myself... while I may not enjoy this song as much as the original I can appreciate what Stan has done and very much enjoy this song as its own stand-alone track. You can't approach it with anywhere near the same mindset as the original and THAT, I feel, is the mistake EVERYONE is going to make with this track.

Just remember folks, absolutely nothing on this earth is going to give you that same feeling as the first time you heard Prime say "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost!" and watched him transform larger than life on the big screen and The Touch started echoing throughout the theater. No remix of that song, no re-watching of that scene will re-create it and that's why it's so hard to handle variations on it, at least for us old-timers who actually were blessed enough to see it on the big screen back in 1986. As for you younger folks... I don't know WTF you're problem is outside of being a generation of spoiled, whiny, self-entitled, know-it-all little bitches.
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" on Tonight's The Goldbergs, "The Touch - Power Mix" Video December 15 (1535456)
Posted by ScottyP on December 15th, 2013 @ 11:37am CST
There are a lot of :BANG_HEAD: comments in this thread.

I really enjoyed that. Fun mix of the tune and it fit the video well. Now if we could just get :michaelbay: to use it in AOE.
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" on Tonight's The Goldbergs, "The Touch - Power Mix" Video December 15 (1535463)
Posted by Red 50 on December 15th, 2013 @ 11:57am CST
I'll be honest. I don't like a LOT of modern music. Everything that is hot in musical industry I can't relate to. Gaga, Skrillex, Psy - all that. "No, thanks" for me.

But this remix of "The Touch" - I like it. To be honest I might like it a little bit more than the original. I don't know why but yes. The sound of it and all that.
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" on Tonight's The Goldbergs, "The Touch - Power Mix" Video December 15 (1535465)
Posted by gothsaurus on December 15th, 2013 @ 12:04pm CST
Yeah for people like me who have been with the franchise from the start, it takes you back to that childhood excitement hearing a fresh remake of a song like this. It's a fun alternate remix, but I do prefer the normal modern mix to it. I like to hear all the lyrics in order. Heh.

Enjoyed watching the video too. Hats off to all parties involved.

I'm stunned Bay hasn't worked in that full, modern version of The Toucj on a cd or during the end credits. It would be a great bid to fans and evoke some emotional ties to the roots of transformers in a lot of people. Definitely a missed opportunity... Like not using Welker for Megs and so many others.
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" on Tonight's The Goldbergs, "The Touch - Power Mix" Video December 15 (1535469)
Posted by leokearon on December 15th, 2013 @ 12:50pm CST
A great remix, have it on my video along with the original. Watching the video makes me want a sequel to Fall of Cybertron
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" on Tonight's The Goldbergs, "The Touch - Power Mix" Video December 15 (1535479)
Posted by Ravage XK on December 15th, 2013 @ 1:49pm CST
I don't mind the remix version, it does something different and if it helps get a great song in front of some new people then that's a good thing, isn't it? It doesn't have the same impact as the original does but then the original is linked to the G1 movie which I love.

Was it written for the film or was it heard and then used? I ask because it's not full of references to the film of the events within specifically. I'm glad of that as that could make it cheesy and limit it's appeal.
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" on Tonight's The Goldbergs, "The Touch - Power Mix" Video December 15 (1535535)
Posted by Bouncy X on December 15th, 2013 @ 5:53pm CST
the original will always be best but its always fun hearing remixes of songs.

that said, personally i've always preferred Dare...i think its a better song and actually fits its sequence in the movie better. especially with the long "solo" for lack of a better word during the battle at the base.

don't get me wrong, The Touch fits too especially during the actual battle between the two but yeah i've always loved Dare. its just feels like the proto-typical soundtrack song used in an 80s movie.
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" on Tonight's The Goldbergs, "The Touch - Power Mix" Video December 15 (1535562)
Posted by BIGGUY007 on December 15th, 2013 @ 8:14pm CST
Stan Bush - The Touch (The milking It For All Shes Got Remix)! :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

:BOT: :CON:
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" on Tonight's The Goldbergs, "The Touch - Power Mix" Video December 15 (1535588)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 15th, 2013 @ 10:18pm CST
T-Macksimus wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:I just posted a long ranting comment on another YT video about how sick I am of having to put up with Stan Bush's music as if he's THE Transformers music guy and he must be acknowledged because of it... then I load up Seibertron and here's this. :BANG_HEAD:


Well... I would strongly suggest you work on your coping skill because Stan Bush, Vince DiCola and Linkin Park are forever going to be associated with Transformers music.

Fans of the Star Wars movies bitch about the prequel films but they were still created by the man that wrote the original movies and there's not a damn thing anyone can say or do nor should they. Lucas wrote the prequels for himself more than the fans and Stan has every right to do whatever he wants with HIS original, iconic song.
Myself... while I may not enjoy this song as much as the original I can appreciate what Stan has done and very much enjoy this song as its own stand-alone track. You can't approach it with anywhere near the same mindset as the original and THAT, I feel, is the mistake EVERYONE is going to make with this track.

Just remember folks, absolutely nothing on this earth is going to give you that same feeling as the first time you heard Prime say "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost!" and watched him transform larger than life on the big screen and The Touch started echoing throughout the theater. No remix of that song, no re-watching of that scene will re-create it and that's why it's so hard to handle variations on it, at least for us old-timers who actually were blessed enough to see it on the big screen back in 1986. As for you younger folks... I don't know WTF you're problem is outside of being a generation of spoiled, whiny, self-entitled, know-it-all little bitches.



I second that.
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" on Tonight's The Goldbergs, "The Touch - Power Mix" Video December 15 (1535595)
Posted by Slashercon on December 15th, 2013 @ 10:59pm CST
Bouncy X wrote:the original will always be best but its always fun hearing remixes of songs.

that said, personally i've always preferred Dare...i think its a better song and actually fits its sequence in the movie better. especially with the long "solo" for lack of a better word during the battle at the base.

don't get me wrong, The Touch fits too especially during the actual battle between the two but yeah i've always loved Dare. its just feels like the proto-typical soundtrack song used in an 80s movie.


I sincerely agree. I have always preferred Dare, and consider it along with Instruments OF Destruction the most standout songs in the film.
Re: Stan Bush's "The Touch" on Tonight's The Goldbergs, "The Touch - Power Mix" Video December 15 (1535596)
Posted by Slashercon on December 15th, 2013 @ 11:04pm CST
I like Stan bush, I like The Touch, and I like this "Power Mix"...
but am I the only one that feels that it's nothing really new? Granted I get that its supposed to be a send-back to the original song but, it just feels like we're going through the motions with Stan Bush. It's always the Touch, like his other songs aren't good enough to be remembered. I mean, can you guys imagine other bands using the same song simply modified in several forms of fiction just because it was liked by the majority?
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys
Twincast / Podcast #102:
"Hidden Mickeys"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 5th, 2014