Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Starscream Fembot Clone Named

Transformers News: Starscream Fembot Clone Named

Sunday, May 31st, 2009 6:54PM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 19,930

While never officially named in the cartoon, the Transformers Animated Starscream clones all had their unique properties, whether it be Ego, Cowardice, Deception or Sycophantic.

However one Clone never was given an outright character trait of Starscream... the female clone.

And now the female Starscream clone has been given a name.

Jim Sorenson has updated his blog Disciples of Boltax with the news that the name he created for the female Starscream clone for use in the soon-to-be-released transformers Animated Allspark Almanac, has been officially announced at Botcon as "Slipstream".

Jim also reveals how the name came to be:
"It all started when Bill and I were brainstorming with Derrick Wyatt about the almanac. I mentioned that we needed a name for her, since everyone else had names (I know that there hasn't been an official toy with the name Ramjet on it, but that'll be in the book too)."

To check out the full blog update, relating to Slipstream, please click here.
Credit(s): Jim Sorenson
Re: Starscream Fembot Clone Named (929750)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 31st, 2009 @ 6:59pm CDT
Probably shoulda just named her Thrust.

Slipstream is okay but kinda random.
Re: Starscream Fembot Clone Named (929770)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 31st, 2009 @ 7:30pm CDT
'Bout time this was made known. I've been spreading the word of her name since here.
Re: Starscream Fembot Clone Named (929790)
Posted by MYoung23 on May 31st, 2009 @ 8:12pm CDT
Probably shoulda just named her Thrust.

Nope, no potential double entendres there. :P
Re: Starscream Fembot Clone Named (929792)
Posted by Bumblebeast on May 31st, 2009 @ 8:16pm CDT
It's too late for her. My heart bleeds in the most utterly emo fashion for the confirmed death of Transformers Animated. Now cracks a noble series. Good-night sweet prince, and flights of decepticons sing thee to thy rest.
Re: Starscream Fembot Clone Named (929799)
Posted by dabattousai on May 31st, 2009 @ 8:44pm CDT
Re: Starscream Fembot Clone Named (929811)
Posted by oldskooltf on May 31st, 2009 @ 9:39pm CDT
Why they didn't use these names in the cartoon is my question.

Calling them all starscream or starscream clones (or in the case of Slipstream, calling her the starscream fembot or whatever they did) got old.

A little late now to tell us with Animated being done as a cartoon.

A little off topic... I also wish they'd plan to release Ramjet/Liar and Slipstream as toys -- maybe make them store exclusives like Sunstorm. Just a thought.
Re: Starscream Fembot Clone Named (929996)
Posted by Primus1101 on June 1st, 2009 @ 8:29am CDT
weird. in the midst of writing a script (something i thoroughly enjoy doing) i had a seeker named slipstream. then i got rid of him and other chracters and now that's the fem-scream. oh well, saves that chracter torment and cruelty.
Re: Starscream Fembot Clone Named (930012)
Posted by Duke of Luns on June 1st, 2009 @ 9:26am CDT
Hmm, interesting reuse of a name. While it never graced an official Transformer figure(kinda odd), it is a Hasbro name, as it was the name of a Joe: http://www.cobraislandtoys.com/gi/1986/slipstream.html

The Conquest X-30 does bear a slight resemblence to Animated Starscream as well, so the reuse is somewhat fitting.
Re: Starscream Fembot Clone Named (930035)
Posted by RiddlerJ on June 1st, 2009 @ 10:24am CDT
dabattousai wrote:interesting name, but I always though of her having either Dreadwind or Darkwing because of the colors she sports are a mix between the two, so possibly Dreadwing I guess lol.

That occured to me too, but I was thinking more about Thrust being the only seeker ignored.

Maybe they coulda named her Acid Storm since she had quite the acid tongue.

Still dissapointed there's no toy of her. Wonder if she'll be retroactivly integrated into the G1 lineup.
Re: Starscream Fembot Clone Named (930113)
Posted by noctorro on June 1st, 2009 @ 1:01pm CDT
On our knees to Primus (or Hasbro) for a Slipstream remold.
I love the clones, they are so funny and have great deco's!
Re: Starscream Fembot Clone Named (959242)
Posted by BillForster on July 21st, 2009 @ 7:45pm CDT
We considered names such as Thrust and Dreadwing as well as a few others but disregarded them on the grounds that they didn't sound like what a female version of Starscream would be named. Slipstream sounded sleek and fit the image we thought. Besides it sounds like the name "Starscream". Plus, I believe she uses the word slipstream at one point. As for Acid Storm, As far as I'm concerned, Acid Storm is green. So that just never came up.

Originally we came up with a few names to throw at Marty and Derrick. Funny story. We were talking to Derrick in his office about whether we could name her. Marty yelled through the wall from his office, "What's her name?" and I screamed back, "SLIPSTREAM!" to which he responded, "...okay." So turns out it's that easy to name a Transformer. Marty's awesome!

By the way, I realize I am responding to this thread more than a month after the conversation. I don't spend much time on forums and I am attempting to correct that. So, Hi everyone!
Re: Starscream Fembot Clone Named (959423)
Posted by i_amtrunks on July 22nd, 2009 @ 1:29am CDT
Thanks for the update and more detail on the process!
Re: Starscream Fembot Clone Named (959483)
Posted by Rial Vestro on July 22nd, 2009 @ 6:58am CDT
i_amtrunks wrote:While never officially named in the cartoon, the Transformers Animated Starscream clones all had their unique properties, whether it be Ego, Cowardice, Deceptive or Sycophant.

And now the female Starscream clone has been given a name.

Jim also reveals how the name came to be:

To check out the full blog update, relating to Slipstream, please click here.

Um... for one, you're kinda late on this. Someone allready started another topic on this several weeks ago.

Secondly your post doesn't make any sence. You seem to be confuseing names and personality traits. Ego and Coward for example are not their names, thoughs are the parts of Starscream they represent. Their names are Thundercracker and Skywarp. NON of the Seekers were named in the cartoon but their color schemes make it rather obvious along with the fact their toys are actully labled as such. There is allso a "Dirge" toy even though his character never appeared in the cartoon and as far as I know there's no toy of Slipstream. It would be awsome if they made one though.
Re: Starscream Fembot Clone Named (959486)
Posted by Tekka on July 22nd, 2009 @ 7:12am CDT
Rial Vestro wrote:

And now the female Starscream clone has been given a name.

Jim also reveals how the name came to be:

To check out the full blog update, relating to Slipstream, please click here.

You should check the date of the post.

Secondly, your half assed pedantry is epic.
Re: Starscream Fembot Clone Named (959509)
Posted by Name_Violation on July 22nd, 2009 @ 8:42am CDT
Rial Vestro wrote:

And now the female Starscream clone has been given a name.

Jim also reveals how the name came to be:

To check out the full blog update, relating to Slipstream, please click here.

i know you get this alot, but CHECK YOUR FACTS FIRST! post from May 31.

Fail, as per norm
Re: Starscream Fembot Clone Named (960090)
Posted by Rial Vestro on July 23rd, 2009 @ 3:33am CDT
Name_Violation wrote:
Rial Vestro wrote:

And now the female Starscream clone has been given a name.

Jim also reveals how the name came to be:

To check out the full blog update, relating to Slipstream, please click here.

i know you get this alot, but CHECK YOUR FACTS FIRST! post from May 31.

Fail, as per norm

NM the rant I missread something.

Re: Starscream Fembot Clone Named (960098)
Posted by Burn on July 23rd, 2009 @ 4:42am CDT
Rial Vestro wrote:Anyway. Yeah the post date does say May 31 but I check this site every day and I replyed to another topic about the name Slipstream weeks before I ever saw this one. So either the post date is wrong or posts have been removed and they're the same topic. I'm betting there are missing posts. There seems to be a rather large gap between June and July. (like the whole months worth.)

Do you have a point or are you just wasting bandwidth?

Keep it on topic people.
Re: Starscream Fembot Clone Named (960114)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 23rd, 2009 @ 5:57am CDT
Rial Vestro wrote:
Name_Violation wrote:
Rial Vestro wrote:

And now the female Starscream clone has been given a name.

Jim also reveals how the name came to be:

To check out the full blog update, relating to Slipstream, please click here.

i know you get this alot, but CHECK YOUR FACTS FIRST! post from May 31.

Fail, as per norm

NM the rant I missread something.

Dude, you do realize this was the original news article when the name was made public? And you do realize this was necrobumbed thuss creating the huge gap of almost a month?
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok