Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes

Transformers News: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes

Friday, July 4th, 2014 12:18PM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 32,006

Steve Jablonsky's score for Transformers: Age of Extinction is now available for download from iTunes. The score consists of the 23 tracks listed below, and can be purchased for $11.99 or $1.29 per track.

1. Decision
  19. That’s a Big Magnet
  20. Drive Backwards
  21. Honor to the End
  22. Leave Planet Earth Alone
  23. The Knight Ship
Credit(s): iTunes
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1587888)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 4th, 2014 @ 1:17pm CDT
where is the cd?
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1587920)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 4th, 2014 @ 3:52pm CDT
I love the score, I think it's great tbh.

It's also on Google Play for $10.25 or something like that, and Amazon for 8.99.

griftimus prime wrote:where is the cd?

No CD yet, only digital download for now, which I think is better imo.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1587923)
Posted by dragons on July 4th, 2014 @ 3:57pm CDT
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1587931)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 4th, 2014 @ 4:17pm CDT
dragons wrote:Three dollar difference on amazon I should have got it from amazon If I could have found it iTunes is always mostl expensive compared to amazon

Still pretty cheap compared to some albums on iTunes with 20+ songs lol.

For some reason I couldn't buy it on Amazon, so I got it on Google Play.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1588014)
Posted by ChrisRiss on July 4th, 2014 @ 11:50pm CDT
two: Are they going to do a soundtrack that is like a "songs in and inspired by" besides the score like they have for all of the other movies?
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1588043)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 5th, 2014 @ 6:27am CDT
ChrisRiss wrote:Two quesetions, one: Are any of these songs the same as the ones on the EP, just with changed names?

From what I can tell there isn't any songs the same as the EP, I got no clue about your 2nd question though
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1588159)
Posted by Metro Prime on July 5th, 2014 @ 6:23pm CDT

Probably not, considering the only non-scored music in the film is Battle Cry.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1588237)
Posted by ChrisRiss on July 5th, 2014 @ 11:50pm CDT
Metro Prime wrote:

Probably not, considering the only non-scored music in the film is Battle Cry.

There was other music though. I couldn't tell you the names of the songs, but I know there was more.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1588238)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 5th, 2014 @ 11:55pm CDT
Metro Prime wrote:

Probably not, considering the only non-scored music in the film is Battle Cry.

Heartbreaker - Paul Salva
Nasty Girl - T.J. Miller
Dat Slap - Rodnae Da Boss Feat. Fiend AKA International Jones
First Light - Racing Glaciers
Moonlight Reflected on the Er-Quan Spring - Lei Qiang
U Can't Touch This - M.C. Hammer
Daybreak - Han Geng
All for You - Imagine Dragons
Battle Cry - Imagine Dragons

I just copied the soundtrack list.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1589836)
Posted by Metro Prime on July 11th, 2014 @ 5:52pm CDT
Just got this on iTunes. Pretty good, if a tad generic. The track "Galvatron is Online" sounds like a piece from Tron: Legacy.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1593113)
Posted by Va'al on July 24th, 2014 @ 11:07am CDT
The kind and talented man that is composer Steve Jablonsky, the mind behind all live-action Transformers movies scores, has posted on his official Facebook page a couple of announcements regarding the Age of Extinction score and some juicy news about his attendance at SDCC 2014! Read on below to find out more about potential upcoming albums, ways to win signed score sheets and even the elusive Transformers (2007) CD set!

And by the way, for those asking about an Age of Extinction CD release, I am doing everything I can to make it happen. There are a lot of factors that go into a studio's decision whether or not to release physical copies of a movie score. They definitely lean towards digital releases. It's less expensive and that is just the way things are headed now. I have made my argument that there are still a lot of soundtrack fans out there who appreciate holding a real CD in their hands, and appreciate listening to CD quality audio. I am doing everything I can.

I do have some copies of the original TF1 score, I know there are some people who were not able to get a copy before it went out of print. I'll sign a couple of those for this weekend's Comic Con tweet fest Watch out for questions at @jablonsky_steve

Thanks to all of you for the love and support.

Steve

Heading down to Comic Con today, really looking forward to meeting everyone. I'm bringing some goodies with me to give away after the panel, which gave me an idea for everyone who is not able to attend. I was thinking I might tweet out pictures of Comic Con craziness, seems like a fun way to get more into Twitter. But what if I randomly throw in a Transformers question, and the first person to reply with the right answer will receive a signed score page. Don't worry the questions will be easy

If anyone is interested you'll find me over on Twitter under the name @jablonsky_steve

Hopefully I'll meet some of you in person down in San Diego!

Steve
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1593342)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:38pm CDT
He seems like such a nice guy. I'd love the chance to meet him.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1593366)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 24th, 2014 @ 7:14pm CDT
never going to buy the mp3s steve. take that to your leaders. i want the cds for tf3 and tf4
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1593430)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 24th, 2014 @ 10:14pm CDT

I've listened to the score over 20 times (not even kidding lol) and my Favourite tracks are: I'm an Autobot, Optimus is Alive, Cemetery Wind, The Creators want you back, The Legend Exists, Dinobot Charge, and Honor To The End.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1595502)
Posted by Va'al on July 31st, 2014 @ 4:48pm CDT
Curious to hear more from the creative mind behind the scores of the Transformers live-action movie franchise, including Age of Extinction, Steve Jablonsky? Look no further: MStarz were able to catch up with the composer to talk about his tastes in music, his formation, his arrival on the music scene and his relationship with director Michael Bay - check out the whole piece here, and a snippet below!

You've worked with filmmaker Michael Bay and his production company, Platinum Dunes, on a number of projects. How involved is he in working with you?

He's very involved. He said to me one time that for him, the sound of his movies is 50% of what he puts out there. He considers it that important. That includes music and sound effects. He wants to hear every cue, he likes to live with it for a little while-which I get, when someone hears a piece of music for the first time and I say, do you like it or not? If I were in his position, I would go "I think I like it. I need to hear it a few more times. Can I hear it again tomorrow?"

He's very involved, not just in sound and music, but he's very involved in every aspect of his films; which I think is why his life is just so crazy because he'll come to me to hear some music and he's always racing off to go to look at the color timing of the picture or to go listen to sound effects. Whatever it is, there are a million things ... he might be more involved than people think. The music to him, he either feels it or he doesn't. He feels the music and he knows it's something working for him. That's how he judges it, and like I said, he wants to hear everything. It's good for me because he pushes me to make it right. There's so much music in these movies, I kind of get lost in these scenes, writing for days and days. He's a good judge of what works, what doesn't and what's boring. It's a good collaboration, I think, that we have at this point.

How much creative freedom do you have?

He gives me all the freedom in the world, which is great. When we started Age of Extinction, the only thing he said to me is that it was a brand new cast; let's treat this as something new. We have three movies worth of music, but let's set it aside and start working on these new ideas. That was it; I just started writing and would send him theme pieces that I was writing. I wasn't even writing to picture yet, I was just writing music inspired by some of the visuals that I had seen in his cutting room. I would just send pieces to him to see what he was responding to. He seemed to be responding to the simpler things. This little piano melody I did and things like this, which is just something I thought would be cool in the movie. It's not something he asked me to do, so he definitely does give me an open canvas to try new things that I think might work. Of course, if he doesn't like it he's gonna say so. If there's something that's not quite right, he will definitely give me general notes. "I like this, you lose me here..." We have a good shorthand now where I can just send him music and he will listen to it when he's in the music mood. He will call me up and tell me if it's good or not. He let's me do what I think is right and we take it from there.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1595559)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 31st, 2014 @ 7:28pm CDT
I remember the 1st time in the first movie when the Autobots arrived on Earth in protoform mode. "Arrival" iirc.........still raises the hairs on my skin..............epic, grandiose are just how I can describe it.

S. Jablonsky I put along side J.Williams, Zimmer,Elfman and H.G. Williams. All gods of OST for epic movies.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1595561)
Posted by fenrir72 on July 31st, 2014 @ 7:35pm CDT
VirusCarnage wrote:I don't quite understand the appeal for CDs anymore, I find digital to be much more convenient. It seems like making a CD version of the score would just be a waste of money imo.

On my side, I rather have physical copies of his work. Similar to having physical representation of the TF figures. Digicopies are convenient I'd grant you that but screen resolution (in let's say digi comics) depends on the hardware and nothing compares to the real thing using your eyes. Same can be said of CDs. Make back ups? Fine but nothing compares to owning the real thing.

Waste of money? You mean more money for the producers and the consumer still pays the same cost of the physical copy.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1596646)
Posted by VirusCarnage on August 4th, 2014 @ 11:30pm CDT
fenrir72 wrote:

I worded that waste of money comment weird what I meant to say was that Cds would cost more money to produce then a digital version of the soundtrack, and if it doesn't sell well it would be a waste of money on their side.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip