Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes

Transformers News: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes

Friday, July 4th, 2014 12:18PM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 30,081

Steve Jablonsky's score for Transformers: Age of Extinction is now available for download from iTunes. The score consists of the 23 tracks listed below, and can be purchased for $11.99 or $1.29 per track.

1. Decision
  19. That’s a Big Magnet
  20. Drive Backwards
  21. Honor to the End
  22. Leave Planet Earth Alone
  23. The Knight Ship
Credit(s): iTunes
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1587888)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 4th, 2014 @ 1:17pm CDT
where is the cd?
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1587920)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 4th, 2014 @ 3:52pm CDT
I love the score, I think it's great tbh.

It's also on Google Play for $10.25 or something like that, and Amazon for 8.99.

griftimus prime wrote:where is the cd?

No CD yet, only digital download for now, which I think is better imo.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1587923)
Posted by dragons on July 4th, 2014 @ 3:57pm CDT
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1587931)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 4th, 2014 @ 4:17pm CDT
dragons wrote:Three dollar difference on amazon I should have got it from amazon If I could have found it iTunes is always mostl expensive compared to amazon

Still pretty cheap compared to some albums on iTunes with 20+ songs lol.

For some reason I couldn't buy it on Amazon, so I got it on Google Play.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1588014)
Posted by ChrisRiss on July 4th, 2014 @ 11:50pm CDT
two: Are they going to do a soundtrack that is like a "songs in and inspired by" besides the score like they have for all of the other movies?
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1588043)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 5th, 2014 @ 6:27am CDT
ChrisRiss wrote:Two quesetions, one: Are any of these songs the same as the ones on the EP, just with changed names?

From what I can tell there isn't any songs the same as the EP, I got no clue about your 2nd question though
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1588159)
Posted by Metro Prime on July 5th, 2014 @ 6:23pm CDT

Probably not, considering the only non-scored music in the film is Battle Cry.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1588237)
Posted by ChrisRiss on July 5th, 2014 @ 11:50pm CDT
Metro Prime wrote:

Probably not, considering the only non-scored music in the film is Battle Cry.

There was other music though. I couldn't tell you the names of the songs, but I know there was more.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1588238)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 5th, 2014 @ 11:55pm CDT
Metro Prime wrote:

Probably not, considering the only non-scored music in the film is Battle Cry.

Heartbreaker - Paul Salva
Nasty Girl - T.J. Miller
Dat Slap - Rodnae Da Boss Feat. Fiend AKA International Jones
First Light - Racing Glaciers
Moonlight Reflected on the Er-Quan Spring - Lei Qiang
U Can't Touch This - M.C. Hammer
Daybreak - Han Geng
All for You - Imagine Dragons
Battle Cry - Imagine Dragons

I just copied the soundtrack list.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1589836)
Posted by Metro Prime on July 11th, 2014 @ 5:52pm CDT
Just got this on iTunes. Pretty good, if a tad generic. The track "Galvatron is Online" sounds like a piece from Tron: Legacy.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1593113)
Posted by Va'al on July 24th, 2014 @ 11:07am CDT
The kind and talented man that is composer Steve Jablonsky, the mind behind all live-action Transformers movies scores, has posted on his official Facebook page a couple of announcements regarding the Age of Extinction score and some juicy news about his attendance at SDCC 2014! Read on below to find out more about potential upcoming albums, ways to win signed score sheets and even the elusive Transformers (2007) CD set!

And by the way, for those asking about an Age of Extinction CD release, I am doing everything I can to make it happen. There are a lot of factors that go into a studio's decision whether or not to release physical copies of a movie score. They definitely lean towards digital releases. It's less expensive and that is just the way things are headed now. I have made my argument that there are still a lot of soundtrack fans out there who appreciate holding a real CD in their hands, and appreciate listening to CD quality audio. I am doing everything I can.

I do have some copies of the original TF1 score, I know there are some people who were not able to get a copy before it went out of print. I'll sign a couple of those for this weekend's Comic Con tweet fest Watch out for questions at @jablonsky_steve

Thanks to all of you for the love and support.

Steve

Heading down to Comic Con today, really looking forward to meeting everyone. I'm bringing some goodies with me to give away after the panel, which gave me an idea for everyone who is not able to attend. I was thinking I might tweet out pictures of Comic Con craziness, seems like a fun way to get more into Twitter. But what if I randomly throw in a Transformers question, and the first person to reply with the right answer will receive a signed score page. Don't worry the questions will be easy

If anyone is interested you'll find me over on Twitter under the name @jablonsky_steve

Hopefully I'll meet some of you in person down in San Diego!

Steve
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1593342)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:38pm CDT
He seems like such a nice guy. I'd love the chance to meet him.
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1593366)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 24th, 2014 @ 7:14pm CDT
never going to buy the mp3s steve. take that to your leaders. i want the cds for tf3 and tf4
Re: Steve Jablonsky's Transformers: Age of Extinction Score Available on iTunes (1593430)
Posted by VirusCarnage on July 24th, 2014 @ 10:14pm CDT
I don't quite understand the appeal for CDs anymore, I find digital to be much more convenient. It seems like making a CD version of the score would just be a waste of money imo.

I've listened to the score over 20 times (not even kidding lol) and my Favourite tracks are: I'm an Autobot, Optimus is Alive, Cemetery Wind, The Creators want you back, The Legend Exists, Dinobot Charge, and Honor To The End.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction