Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway

Transformers News: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway

Saturday, November 17th, 2012 7:45PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 26,254

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

From the twitter feed of Bluesmobile325 we have additional color images of Takara Tomy's upcoming Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber, who are currently on display at the Fuji Speedway, in their race car modes. These figure are remold/repaints of their previously released Alternity Convoy mold that will include a race queen figure. Images mirrored below.

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images
Credit(s): Bluesmobile325, route_nur
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1440707)
Posted by robotmel on November 17th, 2012 @ 7:52pm CST
:-?
Whos that silver fella to the right, is it Megatron? :D
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1440710)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 17th, 2012 @ 8:02pm CST
robotmel wrote::-?
Whos that silver fella to the right, is it Megatron? :D
Looks like the regular Alternity Convoy Ultimate Silver figure. Same spoiler and such.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1440754)
Posted by lonrac on November 18th, 2012 @ 12:50am CST
Mini race queen figure.......is this Kiss Players all over again???????

(stop kiddding myself, that's the clincher for the sale)
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1440766)
Posted by Anonymous on November 18th, 2012 @ 4:54am CST
Gotta admit, these guys (and girls) are growing on me
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1440786)
Posted by eyl on November 18th, 2012 @ 8:01am CST
I was very interested in the original Alternity Convoy until I saw the side profile. Shoulders not aligned with head and body, like Titanium Ultra Magnus. Not acceptable for such high priced toy.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1440823)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 18th, 2012 @ 1:52pm CST
lonrac wrote:Mini race queen figure.......is this Kiss Players all over again???????

(stop kiddding myself, that's the clincher for the sale)
Meanwhile, Binaltech Asterisk sobs alone in the corner. ;)
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1440920)
Posted by daimchoc on November 19th, 2012 @ 7:58am CST
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1440942)
Posted by El Duque on November 19th, 2012 @ 9:41am CST
Here's a small update for the previously reported news of the Takara Tomy's Super GT figures on display at the Fuji International Speedway, the prototype of Optimus Prime also made an appearance. Once again these images come to us from the Bluesmobile325 twitter feed. This figure along with Star Saber and Fortress Maximus versions will be released next year.

Image

Image
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1440946)
Posted by optimuscarlos on November 19th, 2012 @ 10:03am CST
Is this mold bigger than the previous alternities, or is just me?
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1440947)
Posted by President-prime on November 19th, 2012 @ 10:08am CST
It looks bigger and bulkier. May be worth it after all. Wow!
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1440948)
Posted by RodimalToyota on November 19th, 2012 @ 10:13am CST
That's not the standard size, that's an Alternator size Alt.
Unless it is a one up, for detail analysis, this looks like a 1:24 line now.

I have Alt OP in my hands, and he is not the same size.

looks to be roughly 7.5- 8 inches tall.
Thats BT size!
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1440949)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 19th, 2012 @ 10:18am CST
RodimalToyota wrote:That's not the standard size, that's an Alternator size Alt.
Unless it is a one up, for detail analysis, this looks like a 1:24 line now.

I have Alt OP in my hands, and he is not the same size.


For the sake of establishing proper scale, here are the official dimensions of the box, as provided by Toy Hobby Market:

Width: 220 mm
Height: 210 mm
Depth: 90 mm

Or in Imperial:

Width: 8.7 inch
Height: 8.3 inch
Depth: 3.5 inch

Compared with Alternity boxes, they are larger in Width and Height, but not in Depth. This may indicate they'll be packaged in Robot Mode.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1440952)
Posted by robotmel on November 19th, 2012 @ 10:36am CST
Image

Small boy passes by on his scooter.

Takara rep: "Hey small boy, would you like to play with this rare unreleased prototype?"

Small boy: "Wow this looks huge and possibly expensive. I'll give you my £$1 pocket money for it!"

Takara rep: "Security! SECURITY!"
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1440992)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 19th, 2012 @ 4:01pm CST
Wait... What? One of my speculations might be coming true?! :-? I have no clue how to respond to this if it is true. :BOOM:

Besides that, it does make me wish I did not miss out on Binaltech Asterisk. And knowing my luck, I might also regret missing out on this as well. :lol:
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1440996)
Posted by Arctorro on November 19th, 2012 @ 4:33pm CST
robotmel wrote:Small boy passes by on his scooter.

Takara rep: "Hey small boy, would you like to play with this rare unreleased prototype?"

Small boy: "Wow this looks huge and possibly expensive. I'll give you my £$1 pocket money for it!"

Takara rep: "Security! SECURITY!"


It does look like a kid is holding it, which would make the toy look bigger than it is ;)
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1440997)
Posted by Dorkimus on November 19th, 2012 @ 4:33pm CST
Note that it actually is a small child that is holding it. Size of the box doesn't tell anything and obviously the box is bigger if it comes with that race harlot figure and possibly other extra stuff. Prime AM figures have big boxes as well.

It might be larger scale, but I still doubt that, because of the reasons said like 10 times before so I don't repeat that.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441002)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 19th, 2012 @ 5:05pm CST
Dorkimus wrote:Note that it actually is a small child that is holding it. Size of the box doesn't tell anything and obviously the box is bigger if it comes with that race harlot figure and possibly other extra stuff. Prime AM figures have big boxes as well.

It might be larger scale, but I still doubt that, because of the reasons said like 10 times before so I don't repeat that.

Really. A "harlot"? That really helps us take what you said seriously. :roll:

But yeah... Some of us here own Arms Micron figures and others own Alternity. Some, like me, own at least one of both. So using a kid's hand as a scale does help some of us determine both the size and bulk of the figure. :-?

And even then... I think those who are being serious about the size are not substitute NFL referees. :lol:
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441011)
Posted by RodimalToyota on November 19th, 2012 @ 6:19pm CST
just because there is a scooter, does not make it a child, nor small by any means.
It's japan, it's acceptable there.

Besides I've never seen a "Kid" with old beat up long finger hands.

meh, whatever, we will know soon enough.



it's still all speculation.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441049)
Posted by robotmel on November 20th, 2012 @ 2:14am CST
RodimalToyota wrote:just because there is a scooter, does not make it a child, nor small by any means.
It's japan, it's acceptable there.

Besides I've never seen a "Kid" with old beat up long finger hands.

meh, whatever, we will know soon enough.

it's still all speculation.

:lol:
Ok, stay calm and call the hand Police!
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441080)
Posted by VioMeTriX on November 20th, 2012 @ 8:01am CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus ---- you are still wrong, these are not bigger, besides the fact ive actually seen these with my own eyes, look at the pics, see the one with the silver car in the corner of the shot? yeah thats alternity Convoy in ultimate silver, see they are the same size? i know, youll say the upscaled him too.

sheesh being that i saw it with my own eyes should be enough... IT IS NOT BIGGER.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441233)
Posted by President-prime on November 21st, 2012 @ 12:35am CST
Bigger or not. Seems like many fans like what they saw. BBTS' preordered is sold out.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441259)
Posted by Rushie on November 21st, 2012 @ 4:08am CST
Might be the angle where the picture was taken, but compared to the pair of legs to the left, this seems like a much shorter person. Could still have big hands though...
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441618)
Posted by El Duque on November 22nd, 2012 @ 9:27am CST
Site sponsor BigBadToyStore just sent over a new set of images for Takara Tomy's upcoming Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber. We finally get to see color images of both figures in their robot modes and the race queen figures that so many of you have been waiting for. The 90mm race queens are fully articulated. Images mirrored below.

Pre-orders can be found at the following links:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441622)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 22nd, 2012 @ 9:47am CST
Prime and Saber, two walking advertisements. :lol:
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441624)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on November 22nd, 2012 @ 9:56am CST
The knees and ankles look awful, they hurt the whole look. Yes, articulation good, but there must be a better way, like Barbie doll knees. Less range of motion, but much better appearance.

And speaking of appearances: yowza.

That is all.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441628)
Posted by RodimalToyota on November 22nd, 2012 @ 10:19am CST
Holy crap! Microman Race Queens!
I love it!
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441635)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 22nd, 2012 @ 10:30am CST
At least they're better than HA figures. :lol:

Man, I really wish I could get Star Saber, but he's just too expensive.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441639)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on November 22nd, 2012 @ 10:36am CST
I just want the girls, the girls......must have! =P~
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441645)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 22nd, 2012 @ 10:54am CST
So Star Saber has a gun sword? I hope theres a way to hold it up right.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441647)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 22nd, 2012 @ 11:02am CST
The Race Queens are Microman figures using the Micro Action Series body. They're 3.75" tall.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441650)
Posted by hinomars19 on November 22nd, 2012 @ 11:19am CST
Well the race queen figures certainly explain the price hike. Defitnetly getting them now I know I'm not paying silly prices just for a quick retool. :grin:

But 90mm? So they are no way in scale/meant to interact with the TF? I thought maybe we were gonna get something about the size of MP Spike who could ride around in them :D Not complaining though :KREMZEEK:

Saber is pretty.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441670)
Posted by Hiryu02 on November 22nd, 2012 @ 1:02pm CST
I thought folks were just being a bit petty about the mold, but now that I've seen in it close to final form, it really isn't that great.

The shins, feet, forearms and hands in particular just don't look good.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441681)
Posted by craggy on November 22nd, 2012 @ 2:06pm CST
dagnabbit, the more i see of Star Saber the more I like. He comes with the blue girlie, yes?
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441716)
Posted by Manterax Prime on November 22nd, 2012 @ 5:02pm CST
Posable Race Queens? THANK YOU TAKARA! That has officially sealed the deal for me.

Though, they could've done better. They're not bad, they just could be better. Still, nothing major to complain about.

Totally getting Prime and Saber. Wonder what Fort Max's Race Queen will look like.

And are the Kiss Player haters rejoicing yet?
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441717)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 22nd, 2012 @ 5:09pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:The Race Queens are Microman figures using the Micro Action Series body. They're 3.75" tall.


Leave it to TakaraTomy to have Transformers and Microman crossbreed again :lol: Would those figures be in scale with 1:32 though?
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441720)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 22nd, 2012 @ 5:22pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The Race Queens are Microman figures using the Micro Action Series body. They're 3.75" tall.


Leave it to TakaraTomy to have Transformers and Microman crossbreed again :lol: Would those figures be in scale with 1:32 though?
No way.

They'd have to be like the size of MP Spike to fit inside the toys' Vehicle modes. ;)
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441740)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 22nd, 2012 @ 8:49pm CST
Speaking of Microman... I wonder if they have ever considered doing pre-Transformers reissues. Diaclone is currently 30 and Microman will turn 40 in a couple of years. Plus, we have less than 3 years (for Japan) until they celebrate 30 years of Transformers there.

And yes - Atop of a few Transformers that I'd like to see be placed in the Encore line... I would love to see the Diaclone line get some love, even if they become Toy Hobby or e-HOBBY exclusives. My collection needs some of that kind of lovin'. :lol:

But with this... Lets just say that I am glad I did not preorder. Just not feeling anything when it comes to the final product. >:oP
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441760)
Posted by guarayakha on November 22nd, 2012 @ 11:39pm CST
Starsaber would've been perfect if he was in Convoy's alt colors, and vice versa. But that's just my opinion.

Image
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441793)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 23rd, 2012 @ 6:49am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The Race Queens are Microman figures using the Micro Action Series body. They're 3.75" tall.


Leave it to TakaraTomy to have Transformers and Microman crossbreed again :lol: Would those figures be in scale with 1:32 though?
No way.

They'd have to be like the size of MP Spike to fit inside the toys' Vehicle modes. ;)


O well, Saber is on the maybe list. My Asterisk and KP girls are getting lonely ;;)
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1441855)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 23rd, 2012 @ 1:29pm CST
guarayakha wrote:Starsaber would've been perfect if he was in Convoy's alt colors, and vice versa. But that's just my opinion.

Image


True dat. Although he could use a bit more white on the chest, maybe.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1442197)
Posted by daimchoc on November 25th, 2012 @ 9:32pm CST
c/o Cybergundam

Image
Image
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1442208)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on November 25th, 2012 @ 10:33pm CST
So OP's "Lady" was inspired by an actual race queen?
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1442210)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 25th, 2012 @ 10:48pm CST
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:So OP's "Lady" was inspired by an actual race queen?
Yup. Misaki Takahashi, to be specific.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1442224)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on November 26th, 2012 @ 12:47am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:So OP's "Lady" was inspired by an actual race queen?
Yup. Misaki Takahashi, to be specific.


Thanks for the info!

My Japanese is pretty rudimentary especially when it comes to Kanji, so I could only make out the characters Taka(something) Mi(something). :lol:

I think she actually looks prettier than the figure. Or maybe it's just the lack of ball joints? :P
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1442239)
Posted by craggy on November 26th, 2012 @ 4:27am CST
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:So OP's "Lady" was inspired by an actual race queen?
Yup. Misaki Takahashi, to be specific.


Thanks for the info!

My Japanese is pretty rudimentary especially when it comes to Kanji, so I could only make out the characters Taka(something) Mi(something). :lol:

I think she actually looks prettier than the figure. Or maybe it's just the lack of ball joints? :P

I think it's just the manufacturers managed to hide the articulation points better on humans, and to be fair, they are a much larger scale.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1442319)
Posted by lonrac on November 26th, 2012 @ 1:13pm CST
soooo tempting, but as I can only afford one, I'll pick the character I don't have many versions of already
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber on Display at Fuji Speedway (1442475)
Posted by Anonymous on November 27th, 2012 @ 6:11am CST
craggy wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:So OP's "Lady" was inspired by an actual race queen?
Yup. Misaki Takahashi, to be specific.


Thanks for the info!

My Japanese is pretty rudimentary especially when it comes to Kanji, so I could only make out the characters Taka(something) Mi(something). :lol:

I think she actually looks prettier than the figure. Or maybe it's just the lack of ball joints? :P

I think it's just the manufacturers managed to hide the articulation points better on humans, and to be fair, they are a much larger scale.

:APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :D
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus
Twincast / Podcast #105:
"Megatronus"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, November 23rd, 2014