Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Transformers News: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Wednesday, November 7th, 2012 7:54AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 26,809

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Thanks to the Hobby Ark Toy Store facebook page we have additional prototype images of Takara Tomy's Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber. Both are remolds of the original Alternity Convoy, which includes a new head for Star Saber. These will be upcoming ToyHobby Market exclusives. Check them out below.

Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images

Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images
Credit(s): Hobby Ark Toy Store
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1437915)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 7th, 2012 @ 9:40am CST
Two Mr. Perfects in the same body.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1437978)
Posted by Manterax Prime on November 7th, 2012 @ 1:46pm CST
Those sponsor girls better be included w/ these. Be it in plastic or on a card, I don't care.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438028)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 7th, 2012 @ 4:34pm CST
Looks like I have to wait another month to preorder Star Saber. It was decided that since I have the Alternity versions of Ultra Magnus and Dai Atlas, he has a home in my collection. :BOT:

Now if they will give us a reissue of Star Saber and/or Victory Saber... I will be a happy collector. :DANCE:
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438083)
Posted by guarayakha on November 7th, 2012 @ 8:43pm CST
Manterax Prime wrote:Those sponsor girls better be included w/ these. Be it in plastic or on a card, I don't care.


"Race Queen figure included", in Japanese right on those pics :D
It's KissPlayers all over again, only more expensive and smaller. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438086)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 7th, 2012 @ 8:55pm CST
guarayakha wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:Those sponsor girls better be included w/ these. Be it in plastic or on a card, I don't care.


"Race Queen figure included", in Japanese right on those pics :D
It's KissPlayers all over again, only more expensive and smaller. :BANG_HEAD:


Do you have evidence that they will be smaller? I don't see anything that says what their scale size will be. Just the fact that their transformation is modeled after Alternity, which means nothing since they are doing an absolutely new line with Super GT Racing... As well as designed a new mold, which the prototype is sporting. >:oP
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438106)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on November 7th, 2012 @ 10:28pm CST
guarayakha wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:Those sponsor girls better be included w/ these. Be it in plastic or on a card, I don't care.


"Race Queen figure included", in Japanese right on those pics :D
It's KissPlayers all over again, only more expensive and smaller. :BANG_HEAD:


While it still doesn't justify the price, I'm more inclined to buy it now. I just love having figures to pose with my mecha; it adds a sense of scale and exclusiveness to the main figure.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438144)
Posted by Rushie on November 8th, 2012 @ 4:14am CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Do you have evidence that they will be smaller? I don't see anything that says what their scale size will be. Just the fact that their transformation is modeled after Alternity, which means nothing since they are doing an absolutely new line with Super GT Racing... As well as designed a new mold, which the prototype is sporting. >:oP


The prototype is in fact identical to the Convoy Alternity mold, except for the new head sculpt and spoiler. It's touted as a remold of that Convoy, and when have they ever released a bigger or smaller version of the exact same mold? The only times I can think of are Energon Megatron and Cybertron Voyager Starscream.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438152)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 8th, 2012 @ 5:28am CST
Rushie wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Do you have evidence that they will be smaller? I don't see anything that says what their scale size will be. Just the fact that their transformation is modeled after Alternity, which means nothing since they are doing an absolutely new line with Super GT Racing... As well as designed a new mold, which the prototype is sporting. >:oP


The prototype is in fact identical to the Convoy Alternity mold, except for the new head sculpt and spoiler. It's touted as a remold of that Convoy, and when have they ever released a bigger or smaller version of the exact same mold? The only times I can think of are Energon Megatron and Cybertron Voyager Starscream.


However, here is the case to this:

1) It was stated that a Race Queen figure is going to be included. The last two times this was done was the 1:24 Binaltech Asterisk and Kiss Players lines.

2) The line is not solely Takara Tomy. They are teaming up Super GT Racing, which means that they have a means to do something better than the Alternity line in terms of size and detail.

3) The transformation mode is exact. The rest shows that they added a weapon (Sword for Star Saber?), and did heavy tinkering on the exterior mold.

Atop of this meaning that they may have fixed the previous mold's issues, this may mean that they turned the 1:32 mold into a 1:24 mold. Plus, this will not be the first time as you have mentioned. ;) But also, it will not be the first to include a Race Queen, as "Binaltech Asterisk" Sunstreaker has that honor. 8)
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438171)
Posted by VioMeTriX on November 8th, 2012 @ 8:28am CST
if you think they are going to make a larger scale then the original, you must be one of those people that thinks elvis is still alive... get with the program, i have seen the actual prototype myself when i was in japan a week ago... it is the EXACT same size, so stop with your conjecture, it makes you look bull headed and stupid.


you have a total of 11 figures and you think you know what you are talking about? i now have over 1100 and even im not an expert... get with the program and STFU.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438175)
Posted by guarayakha on November 8th, 2012 @ 9:28am CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
However, here is the case to this:

1) It was stated that a Race Queen figure is going to be included. The last two times this was done was the 1:24 Binaltech Asterisk and Kiss Players lines.

Just because they've never did 1:32 RQ figures doesn't mean they can't start now. However one thing for sure is that TakaraTomy and Hasbro had never done any "upscaling" on TFs(AFAIK, I could still be wrong though) :)

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:2) The line is not solely Takara Tomy. They are teaming up Super GT Racing, which means that they have a means to do something better than the Alternity line in terms of size and detail.

It only means that they're adding the SuperGT parts onto the already existing Alternity mold, which they'd also need to pay fees for the licence to use them, including the licence to feature actual SuperGT sponsor decals.

KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:3) The transformation mode is exact. The rest shows that they added a weapon (Sword for Star Saber?), and did heavy tinkering on the exterior mold.

Atop of this meaning that they may have fixed the previous mold's issues, this may mean that they turned the 1:32 mold into a 1:24 mold. Plus, this will not be the first time as you have mentioned. ;) But also, it will not be the first to include a Race Queen, as "Binaltech Asterisk" Sunstreaker has that honor. 8)


And that's exactly all they need to do; adding a weapon and tinker on the exterior mold. You're waaaaay too optimistic :lol:
Take a guess as to which one makes them more money;
A) 1:24 BT scaled remold, then paying for the Super GT licence
B) 1:32 Alternity scaled remold, which could still reused parts from the vanilla Alternity mold and then paying for the Super GT Licence.


Not trying to diss you or anything, but it's just pointless for them to do any more extra work just to make the same mold at a larger scale. :PEACE:
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438176)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 8th, 2012 @ 9:33am CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Atop of this meaning that they may have fixed the previous mold's issues, this may mean that they turned the 1:32 mold into a 1:24 mold.


Nope, upscaling molds has never been done except for KO's. In the 28 years Transformers has been in business, there were only two debatable cases of upsizing, emphasis on debatable:

1) SL Galvatron (Ultra) vs. Energon Megatron (Leader)
2) GF Starscream (Voyager) vs. Cybertron Starscream (Supreme)

Upsizing requires the creation of a whole new mold set, which is costly to do. Retooling current molds is more cost-effective.

And fixing design flaws? Done, but cosmetic changes for new releases seem to take priority.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438269)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 8th, 2012 @ 4:10pm CST
VioMeTriX wrote:if you think they are going to make a larger scale then the original, you must be one of those people that thinks elvis is still alive... get with the program, i have seen the actual prototype myself when i was in japan a week ago... it is the EXACT same size, so stop with your conjecture, it makes you look bull headed and stupid.


you have a total of 11 figures and you think you know what you are talking about? i now have over 1100 and even im not an expert... get with the program and STFU.


Wow. How about this?

I am with the program, and you are just being an elistist troll who insulted himself as both a fan and a collector. And for what? You saw the prototype. >:oP

So lets start with my collection that you willfully attacked. Did you know that from 1995 to 2005, it was impossible for me to obtain work? And when I did, I was putting out more money than I was making? How about from 2005-2011, I was seeking out SSI on grounds that I have a level of Aspergers that makes having a normal working life not possible? How about the fact that even when I did make enough to buy a vintage piece (via my freelance writing), I was into other series (on account I had no access to Takara's stuff)? All in all, even if I wanted to be in each and every toyline that Hasbro made, I could not on those grounds. So excuse me for not being as blessed as you have been. >:oP

And my collection now? I officially started on December 7, 2011 when I decided that Takara Tomy had Transformers that reflected the best parts of my childhood and my future as an adult collector. So seeing how I want to leave something for my future children, I decided that carefully hand picking each and every piece before submitting them to AFA. Meaning that every piece I own has a purpose, a history, and possibly a dedication tied to them. And even if I struck it rich, I'd still prefer having 100 pieces that have both some mental and emotional value, than just have a huge collection I know very little about... Other than the fact that they are Transformers, what series they came from, and what their names are. :lol:

As for who I am, the only belief I have made clear is tied to owning at least Star Saber. I also believe that if Fortress Maximus, Super Ginrai, Dai Atlas, and Ultra Magnus were added... I'd also own them. That is my belief.

Everything else, Mr. Elitist Troll, is speculation. So you want the down-low on this program, despite the fact that I made it clear I am buying this line regardless? He you go:

1) TOMY is partnering up with Super GT Racing. Meaning that they have to make it the size the two corporations want it to be, and not just corners and make it only a single available size.

2) Stores have currently listed this line as being $120, where as the only valid proof they might be 1:32 comes from "Alternity" Galvatron and Banzai-Tron. However, those are primarily exclusives and those who shared their molds go for $65 new.

3) Neither TOMY, Toy Hobby Market, nor YOU have pointed out if there is a listing that states the dimensions of the final product are either 1:24 or 1:32. I primarily speculated 1:24 on account that the it would make for a better product, as well as it reflects all (or any) pre-merger products (i.e. Binaltech Asterisk and Kiss Players).

4) The Convoy-based Alternity figures were continuously reported to have a major issue tied to the doors. Namely, when you complete the first transformation, you cannot revert it back without any challenges and issues. And when you try, it can wear out the plastic tied to the doors and ultimately snap off. (In other words, recycling a product that was faulty makes for a short-lived partnership.)

5) And finally - Another member has stated that it comes with a corresponding Race Queen figure. The prototype did not come with one, and the original lineup also included Fortress Maximus. Meaning that, ironically, this line may be more than meets the eye.

In other words, I am in this regardless of size. And if you believe anything you said about me, then you might as well as believe anything that Pat Robertson says about Liberals. So my advice to you is take your STFU and do it yourself before flaming somebody you do not know, just because you saw a prototype and did not see anything else. >:oP

Oh, and FYI, I was in Japan last May. My now ex, which we will not get into, took me to Toei Animation for our final date before I left. Inside their gallery, they have nothing in regards to their work and/or contributions tied to Transformers. But you do not see me being you every time somebody accuses them of being stubborn when it comes to obtaining everything needed for Scramble City: Mobilization, The Headmasters, Super-God Masterforce, Victory, and Zone... Right? >:oP
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438300)
Posted by VioMeTriX on November 8th, 2012 @ 6:07pm CST
im bipolar but you dont see me looking for sympathy for my situation.... i take my meds and deal with my own situation, was tacky for you to use all your terrible circumstances as an excuse (well not that wed want to hear it)
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438322)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 8th, 2012 @ 7:01pm CST
guarayakha wrote:Just because they've never did 1:32 RQ figures doesn't mean they can't start now. However one thing for sure is that TakaraTomy and Hasbro had never done any "upscaling" on TFs(AFAIK, I could still be wrong though) :)


However, the history of Alternity is tied to the failures tied to Binaltech, Binaltech Asterisk, and Kiss Players... Not this. Before the merger, Takara was said to be losing money on the Binaltech line. They went nowhere with Binaltech Asterisk. And Kiss Players was only really bought by Pedo Bear. Alternity came after the merger and was said to have been created as a means to cap off the Binaltech franchise. The difference was that they scaled down these pieces because it was more profitable that way.

Now you have, as I stated before, a partnership with Super GT. It simply works like this: Super GT supplies everything that TOMY needs, and TOMY makes a product with the schematics (and retooling) that Super GT wants. This means that all TOMY needs to do is license what cars are needed, and Super GT supplies them with whatever teams that are willing to be part of this. ;)

guarayakha wrote:It only means that they're adding the SuperGT parts onto the already existing Alternity mold, which they'd also need to pay fees for the licence to use them, including the licence to feature actual SuperGT sponsor decals.


That is pretty much a myth. TOMY made it clear that we are seeing a straight-forward collaboration between them and Super GT. If they said in their announcement that they had both obtained and licensed the rights to do this, then you would be correct. Instead, we are told that they are working with Super GT when it comes to this... Which means we may see this line be 1:24 or 1:32.

Either way, I do not care as long as they supply me with a Ultra Magnus, Fortress Maximus, Super Ginrai, Grand Maximus, Metalhawk, Star Saber, and/or Dai Atlas. When it comes to spin-offs, I go for regional Commanders and Japan exclusive Supreme Commanders. :-B

guarayakha wrote:
And that's exactly all they need to do; adding a weapon and tinker on the exterior mold. You're waaaaay too optimistic :lol:
Take a guess as to which one makes them more money;
A) 1:24 BT scaled remold, then paying for the Super GT licence
B) 1:32 Alternity scaled remold, which could still reused parts from the vanilla Alternity mold and then paying for the Super GT Licence.


I choose: C) [url=http://mechacatalogue.com/2012/10/21/blog-transformers-x-super-gt-transformers-gt/]"Unveiled at the Dengeki Hobby 20h Anniversary Festival is TRANSFORMERS GT, a joint between the Transformers brand and Japan’s Super GT racing series."[/quote] Which dictates that TOMY remade the mold to have it be more accurate to the Nissan GT-R cars used. Everything else is from Super GT's side.

...and...

D) Even the scale is 1:32, it means that the extra pricing is going towards the content added to the final product... As well as whatever percentage that goes towards the racing teams used. Meaning that they might have placed some money into this deal as well, and have a chance to see a return on their revenue. Plus, those who are already promoted do not get anything but extra promotional time.

guarayakha wrote:Not trying to diss you or anything, but it's just pointless for them to do any more extra work just to make the same mold at a larger scale. :PEACE:


I'll excuse the fact you did not hear me say that I will buy what I want regardless of size - When it comes to this series. I'll leave that to the King of all Cosmos. :lol: But you need to take into account that this is not a sole project. Which means that if TOMY wants this to be finalized, they have to go through Super GT... Much like they had to with Disney and others. And between now and the production of the final project, we had seen Fortress Maximus and his Racing Queen disappear. We have seen the quoted "promo" become a promotional piece.

So what my point is: There is a good chance that we may see a "deluxe" version of this figure, especially if the Racing Queens are 1:1 scale. If not, then the content that comes with the figure will conclude the price. Either way, who cares? We get a new Star Saber figure! :DANCE:

And again, I should add that I look up everything that interests me. It helps me make decisions, and it is one of the two biggest reasons why I only own a small fraction of the Encore line. That, and why I do not care that I own Alternity versions of "Ultla Magnus" and "Dai Atras." ;)
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438342)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 8th, 2012 @ 7:57pm CST
VioMeTriX wrote:im bipolar but you dont see me looking for sympathy for my situation.... i take my meds and deal with my own situation, was tacky for you to use all your terrible circumstances as an excuse (well not that wed want to hear it)


Really. So let me get this straight. Your own attacks, which are a warranted violation on all or any Terms of Services, as well as laws tied to whatever state Seibertron.com was primarily resides in are based on the following facts:

1) I have 11 (12-13 in Q1 2013) Transformers. [FACT: Hand-picked, as in prepared to be sent to AFA, and would have been in a larger scale if I did started when the Encore line was seeing reissues.]

2) You have an estimated 1,100+ pieces. [FACT: So do many others here, but none have used it as a means of both attacking and dismissing a fan. You also said that you are not an expert.]

3) You saw the prototype last week. [FACT: You also failed to note that I did not care about the scale, nor asked TOMY what we are to expect in terms of size and content.]

4) My Aspergers. [FACT: My anxiety is a bigger issue than my Aspergers. Plus, amusingly enough, I was promised by one of the moderators that no member would attack me on this. And even then, you dismissed the fact I did accomplish things while you were collecting.]

5) You are bipolar. [FACT: This does not excuse you from making attacks on anybody that you choose to disagree with.]

In other words, I am not the one dismissing what you are saying. Hard to, seeing how you did nothing but make direct attacks, instead of just being civil and saying that you had seen the product... As well if there was any needed information lacking on all fronts. >:oP

So yeah... Communication and anxiety, both tied to Aspergers, are my biggest issues. But you do also see me trying to tone it down with some members that were past issues for me. And others, like Blurrz, know that I have a passion for this franchise. Something you dismissed, and I bet violated some TOS rules by making such direct attacks. >:oP

That is all I will say to you, and file your comments under "need to be reported." >:oP
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438352)
Posted by VioMeTriX on November 8th, 2012 @ 8:30pm CST
oooh so i can see you as the type to argue with everyone... enjoy. i am no longer participating in your arguments. have a nice day as i see you defend everything you say to everyone... good luck with that
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438360)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 8th, 2012 @ 8:56pm CST
VioMeTriX wrote:oooh so i can see you as the type to argue with everyone... enjoy. i am no longer participating in your arguments. have a nice day as i see you defend everything you say to everyone... good luck with that


Another attack, huh? I guess I shall wish you luck with the moderators. I mean seeing how you chose my disability as an excuse to be dismissive on the fact you also attacked my collection size. >:oP
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438367)
Posted by VioMeTriX on November 8th, 2012 @ 9:18pm CST
LMAO ROFL... look my collection is bigger than yours... how childish
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438369)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 8th, 2012 @ 9:20pm CST
VioMeTriX wrote:LMAO ROFL... look my collection is bigger than yours... how childish


Your own words tied to your attitude, not mine. >:oP
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438376)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 8th, 2012 @ 9:33pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Atop of this meaning that they may have fixed the previous mold's issues, this may mean that they turned the 1:32 mold into a 1:24 mold.


Nope, upscaling molds has never been done except for KO's. In the 28 years Transformers has been in business, there were only two debatable cases of upsizing, emphasis on debatable:

1) SL Galvatron (Ultra) vs. Energon Megatron (Leader)
2) GF Starscream (Voyager) vs. Cybertron Starscream (Supreme)

Upsizing requires the creation of a whole new mold set, which is costly to do. Retooling current molds is more cost-effective.

And fixing design flaws? Done, but cosmetic changes for new releases seem to take priority.


All is true, Jelze, but during those 28 years... TOMY bought out and merged with Takara. Plus, atop of that, this is the very first time in their 28 year history have they collaborated with Super GT. Hence why I said time and time again, size matters not... As I am hoping to get my "GT" Star Saber. What I am dismissing is the fact that they are paying Super GT for these rights, while looking at how they might handle the product.

Because again, this is TOMY x Super GT... Not TOMY making people pay more because they licensed rights to Super GT. And much like Disney before them, we need to look at how TOMY did business in the past, not how Takara handled their Transformers line in the past. ;)
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438382)
Posted by VioMeTriX on November 8th, 2012 @ 9:46pm CST
tomy and takara have been merged for many years now... takara makes a successful toy line and tomy is smart enough to not mess with a formula that works... they didnt buy takara to change everything, they bought takara as an already successful company.... now they are successful with more financial backing. im begining to think you are about 13 yrs old. now watch youll say im attacking you again (mods better get a handle on me, im out of control..lmao)
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438383)
Posted by Burn on November 8th, 2012 @ 9:53pm CST
Hey kids! Guess what! You're not playing nice!

Now I get to not play nice.

Except i'm on lunch, so you know ... stop it and play nicely, because I will be back, and if I see any more crap from this point on, the warnings get dished out.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438385)
Posted by VioMeTriX on November 8th, 2012 @ 9:54pm CST
;-)
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438395)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 8th, 2012 @ 10:24pm CST
VioMeTriX wrote:tomy and takara have been merged for many years now... takara makes a successful toy line and tomy is smart enough to not mess with a formula that works... they didnt buy takara to change everything, they bought takara as an already successful company.... now they are successful with more financial backing. im begining to think you are about 13 yrs old. now watch youll say im attacking you again (mods better get a handle on me, im out of control..lmao)


I know that. What I am saying is that after TOMY bought out and merged with their rival, they made numerous changes. For beginners, they brought their partnership with Disney. This resulted in them testing out the Disney Label line, which did not meet much success. They still make the Mickey Mouse line, but nothing more.

Then again, you also dismissed the fact that their previous fiscal year had TOMY announce a 9 billion yen loss when it came to sales in Japan. Their fallout also pointed that they need to refocus all directions on current and future products. One of the first steps was delving into girls clothing, and the other is striking deals with corporations that could help them reverse this issue.

And also, speaking of being condescending to those you disagree with, which has two of your attacks be reported... I should remind you that when you join any forum and/or organizations, you signed a contractual obligation to respect all members and obey any rules that may or will be posted. Take that into consideration since you made two posts that show you attacking somebody... And you mocking the facts despite claiming of stopping. >:oP

Burn wrote:Hey kids! Guess what! You're not playing nice!

Now I get to not play nice.

Except i'm on lunch, so you know ... stop it and play nicely, because I will be back, and if I see any more shit from this point on, the warnings get dished out.


Glad you got the reports I sent, Burn. I apologize if I came off as an excuse for him to continue, much less not playing nice. But in all truth, after you get back from lunch, you might want to talk to him privately about his attitude. Because I did such with another moderator, who promised me that no member would make any attacks when it comes to the fact I have Aspergers. And yes, while I do come off as argumentative here (which I am trying not to be), it should not dismiss his attitude... Much less any attacks he did make. >:oP

Besides, I used to work with a forum moderator who would have banned him on the spot. So he should be thankful that you are not him. Plus, with lunch as a subject, are there any good ramen places in your area?
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438508)
Posted by VioMeTriX on November 9th, 2012 @ 6:59am CST
when this first started and i supposedly attacked you i didnt know you have aspbergers... nor do i care... you brought that out as a defense. and apparenty the mods arent doiing anything... you need to SHUT THE F$%#! UP. you come accross this way to everyone, trust me i got emails and chats from others watching me deal with you.

Mods i want you to read everything between me and this guy... you see like the kid that suppossedly never stole cookies and let his brother take the blame, this guy sets people up instead of taking any responsibility. please do something, you can ban me for all i care, i have other screen names.... but see i am not the problem here, i got caught up by offering an opinion. this guy even quoted you telling us to stop.... do something about it!!!!
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438513)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 9th, 2012 @ 7:24am CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:Atop of this meaning that they may have fixed the previous mold's issues, this may mean that they turned the 1:32 mold into a 1:24 mold.


Nope, upscaling molds has never been done except for KO's. In the 28 years Transformers has been in business, there were only two debatable cases of upsizing, emphasis on debatable:

1) SL Galvatron (Ultra) vs. Energon Megatron (Leader)
2) GF Starscream (Voyager) vs. Cybertron Starscream (Supreme)

Upsizing requires the creation of a whole new mold set, which is costly to do. Retooling current molds is more cost-effective.

And fixing design flaws? Done, but cosmetic changes for new releases seem to take priority.


All is true, Jelze, but during those 28 years... TOMY bought out and merged with Takara. Plus, atop of that, this is the very first time in their 28 year history have they collaborated with Super GT. Hence why I said time and time again, size matters not... As I am hoping to get my "GT" Star Saber. What I am dismissing is the fact that they are paying Super GT for these rights, while looking at how they might handle the product.


GT isn't doing anything, other than provide the licenses. TakaraTomy has to pay licensing fees for the sponsor names, for the sake of authenticity. It's been like that ever since G1 started, with Wheeljack and Mirage being prime examples of actually avoiding them by changing the names slightly.

Because again, this is TOMY x Super GT... Not TOMY making people pay more because they licensed rights to Super GT. And much like Disney before them, we need to look at how TOMY did business in the past, not how Takara handled their Transformers line in the past. ;)


That's comparing apples and oranges :lol: Ok, let's do it your way and give me an example of a toy that was officially upscaled. Of any company.

One more thing: how is the Yen doing against the US Dollar anyway?
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438532)
Posted by VioMeTriX on November 9th, 2012 @ 8:30am CST
boy oh boy when this nut gets his figure and it is still 1:32 scale, it just hopefully might push him to believe what we say.... everyone is telling him how wrong he is yet he still argues his point to everyone, is that the aspbergers talking or are you just that arrogant?!?!?!
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438667)
Posted by Burn on November 9th, 2012 @ 2:21pm CST
To hell with this, warning time.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438695)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 9th, 2012 @ 4:37pm CST
Jelze, two factors:

1) I stated that I do not care about the scale. I stated that numerous times, as I collect what I like. I said it to you and others in hopes of realizing my speculation is tied to the price, not preference. Meaning that I was taking size into a bigger factor than the content. And the only evidence that we see is that a Racing Queen will be added. A 1:32 scale would be justifiable if the Racing Queen figure is bigger than 1:32 or 1:24. Even more, if you asked, I was also saying that I can also see other content - Tied to the team and series - add to this line's overall price.

2) I am using Tomy and their collaboration with Disney as a thought. It is why I never cared about the size, as those were also said to be small. But I also took into consideration that Super GT has the final say in terms of size and anything else. Which is why I tossed out tradition, but also did not dismiss it. Because they are great with retooling, which is going to make GT superior to the Alternity line.

But if you want an example... I was told that Robot Masters were slightly smaller than those later seen in the CHUG lines. But I need confirmation on that. And if that is true, then we have proof. But as I said - and had ignored after saying it - The size matters not as long as they have what I want/like. Namely STAR SABER. :D

Just remember that I am discussing price not preference, because my preference is going to have me own one regardless of size and price. ;)
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438705)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 9th, 2012 @ 5:31pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:But if you want an example... I was told that Robot Masters were slightly smaller than those later seen in the CHUG lines.


None of the molds used for Robot Masters were used again for Classics. For instance, despite popular belief outside of the fandom, RM Convoy is not the same mold as Classics Deluxe Prime, though they share similar traits. Same goes for the Seekers.

Since you say not to care about scale, better get used to the idea of 1:32, as I don't see any upscaling being done any time soon with any mold. :) Look no further than the sponsors and retoolings, plus the exclusivity and the weak Yen for the price hike.

Just remember that I am discussing price not preference, because my preference is going to have me own one regardless of size and price. ;)


He's too rich my blood, regardless of size. I want my Saber-sama! :sad:
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1438708)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 9th, 2012 @ 5:50pm CST
Anyways... Jez, everything I own is MISB/MOSC and will be submitted to AFA. So even if tradition changes or not, they will be sealed away and displayed.

Also, Planet Iacon states that they were told it will be the same size. But I had the trolling issue, and that slowed down any chances of me saying that any sooner. Am I okay with that? I own pieces that say Ultla Magnus and Dai Atras. ;)

Plus also, I found out that the extra price is due to content. Super GT supplied them the teams who want to be added, so their royalties may be a small boost. But my money is more on the additional stuff. :-?
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439346)
Posted by El Duque on November 12th, 2012 @ 9:05am CST
Toys"R"Us Japan have posted new prototype images of Takara Tomy's upcoming Super GT figures GT-01 Optimus Prime and GT-02 Star Saber. Each is remold of their previous Alternity Convoy fiigure, and features various racing sponsor logos and a race queen mini figure. These images give us a good look at each figure in both modes, including their remolded weapons. Images mirrored below.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439352)
Posted by datguy86 on November 12th, 2012 @ 9:31am CST
Neat figures. Part of me hopes the race queens are available separately.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439355)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on November 12th, 2012 @ 9:49am CST
is it bad that i want toys of the girls more than the TFs? because there molds are wayyyyy over used.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439371)
Posted by hinomars19 on November 12th, 2012 @ 10:54am CST
Doubledealer93 wrote:is it bad that i want toys of the girls more than the TFs? because there molds are wayyyyy over used.


I don't think it's bad, in fact I'm happy to see there is someone on this site that isn't defeated by a little plastic girl ;) (I wonder how many of our female fandom have been repulsed by 'MP' Spike? :-? )
Still, quips aside, they are going to be the most unique thing in the box. It is such a shame how spammed the alternity molds have been-but-I do appreciate a lot of the work that's gone into retooling and re-molding for these releases, even Prime has a new (or at least tweaked) head, which shows thay are not being THAT lazy. I wanna know if the visors flip down.
I like them, partners and all. I shouldn't be affording them, but I probably will :-$
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439373)
Posted by datguy86 on November 12th, 2012 @ 10:57am CST
Doubledealer93 wrote:is it bad that i want toys of the girls more than the TFs? because there molds are wayyyyy over used.


The molds look solid, but yeah - the Race Queens on their own would definitely be welcome addition to the shelf.

So no, it is not bad. They are adorable.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439392)
Posted by Manterax Prime on November 12th, 2012 @ 12:13pm CST
Doubledealer93 wrote:is it bad that i want toys of the girls more than the TFs? because there molds are wayyyyy over used.


You're not the only one who wants the girls more. I do as well.

Also, after seeing Prime's head in the new pics, I actually like it. Star Saber's head needs some work though. And his weapon, WTF?
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439394)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on November 12th, 2012 @ 12:16pm CST
Doubledealer93 wrote:is it bad that i want toys of the girls more than the TFs? because there molds are wayyyyy over used.


I want those race queen figs too. It lends a sense of scale to the TF's. Plus, the girls are pretty cute.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439410)
Posted by RodimalToyota on November 12th, 2012 @ 1:23pm CST
Is it too much to speculate we might be getting vinyl race queens, I mean they sure are pushing those images, even with just prototype images they still want us to see the girls, maybe part of the price increase will be small vinyl race queens?

why would they go through so much effort for just a small art character?
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439414)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 12th, 2012 @ 1:48pm CST
And what sucks for me is the fact that I was ready to preorder Star Saber. Now I cannot on account that the only member (of the two; not mentioning the other) I respect not only ignored everything I said, but made it sound like I wanted it to be a certain scale size. All I said is that this is a collaboration piece, which has them be supplied with what they need... And everything else is what their partner wants. I only used the size as a speculation, and now am forced to fight the fact that I now this as a recycled Alternity line - Not Star Saber with a Nissan-based Super GT racing alt-mode. :BANG_HEAD:

Doubledealer93 wrote:is it bad that i want toys of the girls more than the TFs? because there molds are wayyyyy over used.


It's a new mold. Currently, the transformation sequence appears to be the same, but the mold is completely redone. (Which is why I was speculating that they may have considered re-sizing it as well.) But what is ironic is that Impul does do aftermarket parts for Nissan, and also has some funky looking cars (with one I kinda like). :lol:

But honestly? Seeing how they are not Kiss Players,it is not bad to want the Racing Queen figures more. ;)
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439417)
Posted by Burn on November 12th, 2012 @ 1:52pm CST
Calsonic sure does have some nice ... ahem ... colours ... yes ...
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439418)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 12th, 2012 @ 1:56pm CST
RodimalToyota wrote:Is it too much to speculate we might be getting vinyl race queens, I mean they sure are pushing those images, even with just prototype images they still want us to see the girls, maybe part of the price increase will be small vinyl race queens?

why would they go through so much effort for just a small art character?


^ THIS! :michaelbay:

I am 100% certain that atop of the pricing tied to the content is the case here. Because it makes perfect sense to have the added content (not on the car) be what increases the price. Especially if they do decide to include a figure that is their Racing Queen partner. :ic$:

So good job with that speculation, RT! ;)^
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439422)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 12th, 2012 @ 2:15pm CST
Burn wrote:Calsonic sure does have some nice ... ahem ... colours ... yes ...
Not certain if those are meant to be their actual names.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439427)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 12th, 2012 @ 2:38pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Burn wrote:Calsonic sure does have some nice ... ahem ... colours ... yes ...
Not certain if those are meant to be their actual names.

Ditto. But it is interesting to find that he likes the French owned Super GT racing team's "queen." :P
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439429)
Posted by Burn on November 12th, 2012 @ 2:51pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Burn wrote:Calsonic sure does have some nice ... ahem ... colours ... yes ...
Not certain if those are meant to be their actual names.

Call her Bob and she'll still have nice .. ahem ... colours.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439432)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 12th, 2012 @ 2:58pm CST
What's up with Star Saber's sword? Can he hold it right? That might be a deal breaker for me
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439434)
Posted by Downbeat on November 12th, 2012 @ 3:01pm CST
Ugh. Those race queens are creepy as heck.

I like the remolding on these figures a fair amount, even if i'm not a huge fan of the visors.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439435)
Posted by Poyguimogul on November 12th, 2012 @ 3:05pm CST
Star Sabers head is... so 2009.. and by that I mean.. EPIC FAIL! :BOOM:
Head Robots / Venksta / or another 3rd party could remedy this.. I hope..
So far the breast part of these figures is the Kiss Players.. I mean RACE QUEENS..

---God I hope that they aren't supposed to be the bots in PRETENDER mode---

Then You'll have to replace RACE with DRAG...
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439438)
Posted by Burn on November 12th, 2012 @ 3:28pm CST
So ahhh ... think TT will move on from race cars to drag cars complete with their own Drag Queens?
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime and Star Saber Prototype Images (1439443)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 12th, 2012 @ 3:50pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:What's up with Star Saber's sword? Can he hold it right? That might be a deal breaker for me

He's going to have a sword? I thought they only showed a funky gun. 8) Which I found out was the sword. #-o

Burn wrote:So ahhh ... think TT will move on from race cars to drag cars complete with their own Drag Queens?


I don't know. Will these "Drag Queens" be "more than meets the eye"? ;)

Click here to view an additional 86 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014