Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website

Transformers News: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website

Friday, November 2nd, 2012 9:40AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 21,511

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Our friends over on the Planet Iacon facebook page have shared a prototype image of the Super GT Optimus Prime figure in vehicle mode. An official website has also been launched for the Super GT line by ToyHobby Market, to which this line appears to be exclusive to. Images mirrored below.

Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image

Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image
Credit(s): Planet Iacon, ToyHobby Market
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436297)
Posted by Rushie on November 2nd, 2012 @ 9:58am CDT
That image painfully reminds me of the dreaded Kiss Players :-(
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436302)
Posted by President-prime on November 2nd, 2012 @ 10:08am CDT
Does anyone know the size of these things. Alternityis too small for my taste. Would seem appropriate for the price point that it's binaltech size. Then I'll be all over it! That prototype looks awesome
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436307)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 2nd, 2012 @ 10:26am CDT
Those are just the typical racing girl or in video game terms, the booth babes. Nothing related to Kissing and the likes. Microsoft Japan has their own "babe mascot"for their various Windows OS releases so this should not come as a surprise.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436310)
Posted by Overcracker on November 2nd, 2012 @ 10:30am CDT
President-prime wrote:Does anyone know the size of these things. Alternityis too small for my taste. Would seem appropriate for the price point that it's binaltech size. Then I'll be all over it! That prototype looks awesome


Well, since the figures are retooled Alternity Convoy figures (so far anyway)I.'d say there's pretty much no chance of them being bigger.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436314)
Posted by Flakmaster on November 2nd, 2012 @ 11:03am CDT
Rushie wrote:That image painfully reminds me of the dreaded Kiss Players :-(


...And now I remember that Kiss Players exists.

Bloody hell.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436315)
Posted by dragons on November 2nd, 2012 @ 11:05am CDT
ill wait to see better pictures of bot mode before i decide
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436326)
Posted by Kibble on November 2nd, 2012 @ 11:30am CDT
dragons wrote:ill wait to see better pictures of bot mode before i decide


Isn't the bot mode more or less the same as the other Alternity Prime figs? The head might be a little different and there's spoiler kibble on the legs, but otherwise it's pretty much the same, no?
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436330)
Posted by Overcracker on November 2nd, 2012 @ 11:39am CDT
Kibble wrote:
dragons wrote:ill wait to see better pictures of bot mode before i decide


Isn't the bot mode more or less the same as the other Alternity Prime figs? The head might be a little different and there's spoiler kibble on the legs, but otherwise it's pretty much the same, no?


Yup. Just retooled Alternity Convoys. Don't know why people act as if we've never seen these before.

Image

Ohh, and the robot mode is right behind the car to the right on a cardboard prop. So you can see it there.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436337)
Posted by Manterax Prime on November 2nd, 2012 @ 12:08pm CDT
Am I the only one who doesn't hate Kiss Players?
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436360)
Posted by hinomars19 on November 2nd, 2012 @ 1:21pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't hate Kiss Players?


Nope, I kinda liked it too. But we best keep our heads low in case we get shot... :grin:
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436365)
Posted by President-prime on November 2nd, 2012 @ 1:26pm CDT
@Overcracker. Just a hopeful question. Why the sarcasm? I can see that but was curious, since Alternityis is about 50, and these things are 115 (price wise). Wanted to see if they're worth spending double the money. Besides, I've never opened mine so don't really know what it looked like, ther then web images. And the proto image looks bulkier and bigger
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436368)
Posted by Swindle01 on November 2nd, 2012 @ 1:36pm CDT
i liked kiss players to

also remember in Japan a girl can legially have sex at the age of 13 if she wishes. I think thats why the kiss player girls looked so seriously young.....

Why are we getting this crap anyway? if its just a retooled Alty convoy....whats the point? did i miss something on this or are Takara just pretending alty convoy didnt happen so that they can re-release him again but with a spoiler
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436375)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 2nd, 2012 @ 1:43pm CDT
Seeing how they are making Star Saber, I cannot pass on that. I also might as well not pass on Fortress Maximus... IF he is going to be made. Namely because I am trying to collect characters based on the Japan exclusive Supreme Commanders and and Deputy Supreme Commanders that appeared in any animated portion of the franchise. :-B

Oh... And anybody who speaks of Kiss Players again has to write a letter of apology to those traumatized by that series! :lol:
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436377)
Posted by Manterax Prime on November 2nd, 2012 @ 1:50pm CDT
More Kiss Players please, Takara!
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436378)
Posted by Handels-Messerschmitt on November 2nd, 2012 @ 1:50pm CDT
Swindle01 wrote:also remember in Japan a girl can legially have sex at the age of 13 if she wishes. I think thats why the kiss player girls looked so seriously young.....


Actually, no, the age of consent is mostly far higher than that and is decided by each region. It's just that the nationally mandated minimum age of consent is 13.

The figures looked like they did because the driving force behind them and the audience they were intended for are creepy people.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436414)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 2nd, 2012 @ 3:04pm CDT
I would be interested in Star Saber, but not for that price. I'd rather wait for a Masterpiece...as if it would ever happen. :lol:
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436470)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 2nd, 2012 @ 6:14pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:I would be interested in Star Saber, but not for that price. I'd rather wait for a Masterpiece...as if it would ever happen. :lol:


Actually, the expected price of these happen to be a deal compared to how much a reissue of Star Saber - Much less a Masterpiece version - would cost. :lol:

Then again, you might get lucky and find this version at a reduce price on a online store. So I wish you luck if you go with that approach. ;)^
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436652)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 3rd, 2012 @ 5:17am CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:More Kiss Players please, Takara!


The storyline is now irrelevant. In the first place you can't fit in a viable KP figure in its vehicle mode.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436659)
Posted by DevastaTTor on November 3rd, 2012 @ 6:39am CDT
Goody: the same figures with more kibble! Just what they need to give them more balance issues!
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436704)
Posted by Overcracker on November 3rd, 2012 @ 12:24pm CDT
President-prime wrote:@Overcracker. Just a hopeful question. Why the sarcasm? I can see that but was curious, since Alternityis is about 50, and these things are 115 (price wise). Wanted to see if they're worth spending double the money. Besides, I've never opened mine so don't really know what it looked like, ther then web images. And the proto image looks bulkier and bigger


No offense intended by the little quip.

Anyway, the molds look bulkier because they are retooled. They get what the car enthusiasts call a body kit. The spoilers, the lower fender, side skirts etc...

The price hike seems to be due to all the sponsor markings and the GT label. Since these are meant to represent real world racing Nissan Super GT's. They not only have to license the labels,and logos of all the sponsors for all the cars, they also need to license the general Super GT Cup name for the line.

At the end of the day, its a specialty line, with several things there that hike up the price.


However underneath all that they are still Alternity Convoys.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436725)
Posted by President-prime on November 3rd, 2012 @ 2:11pm CDT
Thanks for the clarification :)
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436832)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 3rd, 2012 @ 8:16pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:However underneath all that they are still Alternity Convoys.


And why should that matter? I mean after Takara put out Fortress Maximus, they also made Grand Maximus and Brave Maximus. Any fan could dismiss them and just say they are Fortress Maximus with added changes. But they do not. And we do not dismiss any of the original figures (as well as Raiden and others) because they were originally Diaclone and Microman toys. And how many people today complain about that, or even dismiss them with the samelevel of logic you are using to dismiss this line?

Point being is that the nearly 30 year history of Transformers, the Alternity/GT connection is just them continuing tradition and it should not matter. What should matter is how the final product looks, and how the story behind this line plays out. (Because with me, I am getting Star Saber at least. And for the same reason why I bought "Alternity" Dai Atlas.)
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436846)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on November 3rd, 2012 @ 9:54pm CDT
Since I've yet to get a red version of Alrernity Convoy, I'd love to get my hands on this GT Convoy.

My only problem is the price. Not sure it's worth that much; car-accurate decals be damned.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436854)
Posted by Manterax Prime on November 3rd, 2012 @ 10:56pm CDT
In terms of the head, I'm really not liking the one on GT Convoy ang Fort Max. The head of the original Alternity looks much better.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436863)
Posted by Overcracker on November 3rd, 2012 @ 11:45pm CDT
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
Overcracker wrote:However underneath all that they are still Alternity Convoys.


And why should that matter? I mean after Takara put out Fortress Maximus, they also made Grand Maximus and Brave Maximus. Any fan could dismiss them and just say they are Fortress Maximus with added changes. But they do not. And we do not dismiss any of the original figures (as well as Raiden and others) because they were originally Diaclone and Microman toys. And how many people today complain about that, or even dismiss them with the samelevel of logic you are using to dismiss this line?

Point being is that the nearly 30 year history of Transformers, the Alternity/GT connection is just them continuing tradition and it should not matter. What should matter is how the final product looks, and how the story behind this line plays out. (Because with me, I am getting Star Saber at least. And for the same reason why I bought "Alternity" Dai Atlas.)


Who's dismissing anything? I'm stating a fact. I never said they were worth less, or less desirable. Its just a fact. They are alternity Convoys in a new line. Some may like them some may not. The entire point of this was expecting something different out of a mold we've already seen, and know about.

In your own reference, it would be like expecting Brave Maximus or Grand Maximus to be 6 inches tall instead of 24.

Nobody here is saying they are bad, or less of a figure or anything. They simply are what they are.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436878)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 4th, 2012 @ 1:43am CDT
Overcracker wrote:Who's dismissing anything? I'm stating a fact. I never said they were worth less, or less desirable. Its just a fact. They are alternity Convoys in a new line. Some may like them some may not. The entire point of this was expecting something different out of a mold we've already seen, and know about.

In your own reference, it would be like expecting Brave Maximus or Grand Maximus to be 6 inches tall instead of 24.

Nobody here is saying they are bad, or less of a figure or anything. They simply are what they are.


Never assumed any of that. And I never implied that. So let me make my point be clear.

So I'll simplify so there is nothing for you to assume, as assumptions are worthless: The transformation mode is Alternity. The authenticity of the cars are not what increased the price because they are collaborating with Super GT Racing. They never stated the scaling, which means that the final product may have the previous kinks fixed and also have these at a slightly larger scale. And calling these Alternity is like calling all three Maximus toys, "Fortress Maximus with different paint jobs."

And for the other part you missed: Transformers are mostly Diaclone and Microman toys, but nobody cares. Those who do care still own both and admire the differences they have. In the end, all we have are two of the three being finalized - And one of the three possibly having changes made. But until we have a final product at hand, it is better to speculate and hope instead of assume and dismiss. >:oP
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436890)
Posted by RhA on November 4th, 2012 @ 2:26am CST
An entire toyline, based on three molds. Just wow.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436891)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 4th, 2012 @ 2:43am CST
RhA wrote:An entire toyline, based on three molds. Just wow.


Seems like two are currently confirmed. And we can guess that more are on the way.

.....

I am hoping that is the case since we now need a Ginrai to be added. :michaelbay:
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436893)
Posted by RhA on November 4th, 2012 @ 3:04am CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
RhA wrote:An entire toyline, based on three molds. Just wow.


Seems like two are currently confirmed. And we can guess that more are on the way.

.....

I am hoping that is the case since we now need a Ginrai to be added. :michaelbay:


Come to think of it, it's four molds. Convoy, Megatron, Bumblebee and Starscream. That's it.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436898)
Posted by Blurrz on November 4th, 2012 @ 3:54am CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
Overcracker wrote:Who's dismissing anything? I'm stating a fact. I never said they were worth less, or less desirable. Its just a fact. They are alternity Convoys in a new line. Some may like them some may not. The entire point of this was expecting something different out of a mold we've already seen, and know about.

In your own reference, it would be like expecting Brave Maximus or Grand Maximus to be 6 inches tall instead of 24.

Nobody here is saying they are bad, or less of a figure or anything. They simply are what they are.


Never assumed any of that. And I never implied that. So let me make my point be clear.

So I'll simplify so there is nothing for you to assume, as assumptions are worthless: The transformation mode is Alternity. The authenticity of the cars are not what increased the price because they are collaborating with Super GT Racing. They never stated the scaling, which means that the final product may have the previous kinks fixed and also have these at a slightly larger scale. And calling these Alternity is like calling all three Maximus toys, "Fortress Maximus with different paint jobs."

And for the other part you missed: Transformers are mostly Diaclone and Microman toys, but nobody cares. Those who do care still own both and admire the differences they have. In the end, all we have are two of the three being finalized - And one of the three possibly having changes made. But until we have a final product at hand, it is better to speculate and hope instead of assume and dismiss. >:oP


You need step down a peg here. Just because someone has an opinion differing from yours does not mean you need to start taking personal offense. This isn't the first time you've done this. I'd take fellow collectors words for it, that they know what they're talking about. Because honestly, if you think Takara's going to revamp these molds and upscale them - well that's more wishful thinking then actually assessing what HasTak does with their molds.

By all means on a random whim, maybe Takara does upsize the mold, but there's nothing leaning towards them doing that. The people you've been arguing with over the past few weeks don't just have collections that number in the hundreds, but in the thousands. They've experienced these toys in their hands and have seen the quality and development of the Transformers in nearly three decades, all in person. It`s more than just looking at pictures and TFwiki that leads to expertise in this field.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436921)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 4th, 2012 @ 6:20am CST
I'm more or less leaning to the Alternity scale, any bigger then they'll be like MP Lambor's scale already.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1436970)
Posted by Overcracker on November 4th, 2012 @ 12:57pm CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
Never assumed any of that. And I never implied that. So let me make my point be clear.

So I'll simplify so there is nothing for you to assume, as assumptions are worthless: The transformation mode is Alternity. The authenticity of the cars are not what increased the price because they are collaborating with Super GT Racing. They never stated the scaling, which means that the final product may have the previous kinks fixed and also have these at a slightly larger scale. And calling these Alternity is like calling all three Maximus toys, "Fortress Maximus with different paint jobs."

And for the other part you missed: Transformers are mostly Diaclone and Microman toys, but nobody cares. Those who do care still own both and admire the differences they have. In the end, all we have are two of the three being finalized - And one of the three possibly having changes made. But until we have a final product at hand, it is better to speculate and hope instead of assume and dismiss. >:oP


I confused now as to what you are complaining about in my posts then.

You commented on a post I made in answer to someone else originally and said I was dissmising the line.

When I answered and explained why I answered what I had, then you say I'm assuming things.

I suggest you go back and read my posts before you commented, so you understand what I was saying and in what context.

With all that said, in 12 Years of adult collecting, and 25 years of being in the fandom all together I've never seen Takara or Hasbro re-release a figure and change its original scale in any way.

Its not something they do. Is it possible? of course it is. Is it likely? Not very.
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1437030)
Posted by KNM2012 on November 4th, 2012 @ 6:24pm CST
Blurrz wrote:You need step down a peg here. Just because someone has an opinion differing from yours does not mean you need to start taking personal offense. This isn't the first time you've done this. I'd take fellow collectors words for it, that they know what they're talking about. Because honestly, if you think Takara's going to revamp these molds and upscale them - well that's more wishful thinking then actually assessing what HasTak does with their molds.

By all means on a random whim, maybe Takara does upsize the mold, but there's nothing leaning towards them doing that. The people you've been arguing with over the past few weeks don't just have collections that number in the hundreds, but in the thousands. They've experienced these toys in their hands and have seen the quality and development of the Transformers in nearly three decades, all in person. It`s more than just looking at pictures and TFwiki that leads to expertise in this field. [/color]


With all due respect to you and others here, but I find your statement about me to be both discriminating and ultimately offensive. Because just because some people have more Transformers in their collection does not mean they know every nook and cranny tied to them. It means that they have the ability to be seen as an elitist among collectors, and either dismiss the "inferior" fans (like you have with me) or realize that they have something to offer them.

In my case, which you chose to ignore, is that I have been a fan of the franchise since 1984. I can tell you every little detail when it comes to the original Optimus Prime, down to its one major flaw. I can even tell you everything you need to know about Takara Tomy's Encore line, as well as find information not always found on TFwiki or Wikipedia. Stuff that I have been trying to offer, but you ultimately snubbed in a discriminating manner. :BANG_HEAD:

It is like PrymeStriker once said in his own way to me when I mentioned that I have been a fan of the series since 1984: "Do not act like an elitist because you have been a fan for longer than most, nor have a collection larger than what they have. Be a fan who is willing to be there for others, as that is what this community is all about."

And FYI, this Aspergers-Anxiety hybrid has two published articles under his belt. And the level of research given here is at the same level that had me sort out the entire Haruhi Suzumiya timeline and conclude that "Disappearance" was to become a movie, when others thought it would follow "Endless 8." And your own dismissal with me when it came to Fortress Maximus had you ignore the fact that I used a translator when seeking out anything tied to that piece while taking into accord what every blogger tied to Shmax says about the Encore line. In other words, I am trying to give the fans any information that comes our way, regardless of what language it is in. Because if Seibertron can get photographer elbow giving us detailed photos, I might as well strain my eyes giving him and others the required information they want and/or need to know. >:oP

Oh, and one of the people I am sure you are talking about told me that I do not know him, yet made claims as if he knows me. And yet, he did not show any real appreciation when I made any kind of effort pointing out that their LIMITED RELEASE was also an ANNIVERSARY PIECE when it comes to their ORIGINAL PIECE. Oh, and that their second set of photos were reissued from original stock photos. I found that out when trying to figure out how the "Encore" box will look. :lol:

So with the prototype, have you seen the current incarnation in person? Take a look. Take into account of the following, and please try to realize why I chose to stick with that conclusion before the final product is out:

1) Takara Tomy announced that they are partnering with Super GT Racing. This means that while TOMY needs to license the required cars for this line, while Super GT Racing supplies them with any racing teams that may (or may not) want to be tied to this collaboration. Do those promotional decals are not the additional price, especially since it is free advertising.

2) The Convoy Corp. Alternity line had structural issues tied to the doors. Stress marks have been reported, and some have even broken off. So while remaking the mold for the prototype, it is easy to presume that this was taken into account. Which means that the price hike may be due to additional detailing and add-ons, an increase in size, and/or the fact that it needs to be done in order for all parties tied to these figures to make a profit.

So my conclusion is that unless the girls are just for show, we may see these be somewhat bigger (Kiss Players or Binaltech Asterisk size, maybe?) and definitely better. I say this because I do not see a 1:1 scale of the photo, to me the item looks like it is bigger... And if so, that may help them have this be appealing to not just the Transformers fanbase, but also the Super GT Racing fanbase.

Is that sound enough of an argument for you? Or do I need to type up my credentials tied to how I do my research in order to obtain any respect from you? And I say that not being rude, but because they is how unwelcome you have made me feel. >:oP
Re: Super GT Optimus Prime Prototype Image and Official Website (1437060)
Posted by Blurrz on November 4th, 2012 @ 8:52pm CST
Alright, well me and KMM have reconciled whatever differences that we have. Uhhh, yeah, just pretend that last few posts didn't happen. Cool.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok
Twincast / Podcast #90:
"Dark Scorponok"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, April 7th, 2014