Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime

Transformers News: TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime

Tuesday, February 11th, 2014 10:33AM CST

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: ScoutBumblebee   Views: 21,943

TagHobby has a listing up for the Takara Tomy Transformers Movie Advance Series AD01 Optimus Prime Premium Edition showing a price of 7,500 Yen. The picture shown on the listing appears to the be the figure that we first spotted last year, at the New York Comic-Con. This is a separate listing from the first edition Optimus Prime.

See the picture below, and discuss in the Energon Pub.
Credit(s): TagHobby.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime (1549727)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 11th, 2014 @ 10:39am CST

The one Ryan said looked as tall as a Voyager but was told by Hasbro is called a "Leader class" toy.
Re: TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime (1549734)
Posted by It Is Him on February 11th, 2014 @ 11:18am CST
Re: TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime (1549736)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 11th, 2014 @ 11:26am CST
It Is Him wrote:Are you telling me I just dropped $60 on a "Leader" OP, and Hasbro had a superior one waiting in the wings?
I dunno if it's "superior" since it too received a lot of ridicule back when we first saw it, and has even worse back kibble than the First Edition (the FE's kibble folds back up against the back, while this one's just hangs off the back in large chunks).
Re: TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime (1549741)
Posted by guarayakha on February 11th, 2014 @ 11:50am CST

It's not really that much better...
Re: TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime (1549754)
Posted by autobot1979 on February 11th, 2014 @ 12:34pm CST
Re: TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime (1549755)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on February 11th, 2014 @ 12:37pm CST
This actually looks decent. They actually integrated the truck into the toy decently. That shoulder kibble is actually there in the movie (albeit smaller) and the legs appear to transform a bit. Plus, I suspect that kibble hanging off his back might be able to fold up. Or at least I REALLY hope it does. So if Hasbro gives this a good color scheme and I like the movie I'd definitely pick this up.
Re: TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime (1549758)
Posted by megatronus on February 11th, 2014 @ 12:48pm CST
>:oP

Glad I picked up APS-01 when I had the chance...
Re: TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime (1549768)
Posted by noctorro on February 11th, 2014 @ 1:17pm CST

Be carefull and wait untill all the cards are on the table.

HasTak lays traps and corrects itself sometimes (Battle blades voyager optimus/ROTF optimus)
Re: TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime (1549770)
Posted by noctorro on February 11th, 2014 @ 1:19pm CST
Looks good! Legs have altmode parts. The side wings may be able to fold up, who knows.
No chrome all over the place. A gun.

I'm still going to wait till the whole wave starts to hit retail and then decide which Prime version I'll get. Hopefully not in three size classes which I did last time :HEADHURTS:
Re: TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime (1549801)
Posted by TimothyR on February 11th, 2014 @ 2:51pm CST

where in the world were you?.. this thing was HUGE news when we first saw it a while ago.. i don't see how that could be considered "waiting in the wings".

they both look to suck equally as much.. and they both look to have a couple good aspects.. but overall, there are more negatives to both than there are positives.
Re: TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime (1549827)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 11th, 2014 @ 4:34pm CST
Wow, completely forgot about this figure...

IMO, this figure looks better than the First Edition figure. But it still has issues. Let's put it this way; it's the lesser of two evils.

Really though, they probably should've stuck with the original trilogy design. At least it could be worked into toy form, as was proven by the Revenge of the Fallen Leader. >:oP
Re: TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime (1549832)
Posted by Autobot032 on February 11th, 2014 @ 4:47pm CST
Bleh. The backpack on the First Edition compacts better than this one does, but the robot on this looks better and has a more complex transformation.

Dammit, Hasbro.

autobot1979 wrote:What you gonna do with all this junk inside that truck? I m gonna make you drunk . Make you drunk with my lumps. My hump, my hump, my hump!

</thread>
Re: TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime (1549848)
Posted by It Is Him on February 11th, 2014 @ 6:07pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

Oh yeah. That's right. There was something about that, that I didn't appreciate aesthetically. Oh well. Didn't think they'd really make 2 different leaders... I assumed one was actually a voyager, or maybe one was an early version that got axed.

noctorro wrote:

Be carefull and wait untill all the cards are on the table.

I think you just described the entire movie toy line.

TimothyR wrote:

Clearly I was too busy to argue with strangers on the internet about transformers minutiae.
Re: TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime (1549870)
Posted by Wageboo on February 11th, 2014 @ 8:00pm CST
Re: TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime (1549893)
Posted by OptiMagnus on February 11th, 2014 @ 9:29pm CST
Thanks, but I think I'll get the First Edition and wait for this to show up at T.J. Maxx/Marshall's for half the price. It looks like total rubbish.
Re: TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime (1549925)
Posted by Manterax Prime on February 12th, 2014 @ 12:20am CST
Still saying it's a voyager class figure.
Re: TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime (1549973)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 12th, 2014 @ 8:38am CST

Re: TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime (1550003)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 12th, 2014 @ 10:58am CST
GuyIncognito wrote:The proportions are all wrong. Compare the big chunky legs and feet (which I actually like) to the thin puny arms, especially the upper arms:
Reminds me of the arms and legs on these two:

Compare:

I feel the only real proportional difference between these and more movie-accurate Battle Blades Voyager is that the torsos of the above three aren't as "superhero-y wide" as the torso of this one:

Re: TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime (1550015)
Posted by It Is Him on February 12th, 2014 @ 11:35am CST
Wageboo wrote:This wasn't an improvement. It was a look-alike with little differences. If ALL of the Toys will be like this, boy, will I be disappointed...

WELCOME TO SEIBERTRON! Enjoy your stay, and, uh, Seibertron contains nuts. :KREMZEEK:
Re: TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime (1550020)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 12th, 2014 @ 11:51am CST
Sabrblade wrote:That's the one Hasbro's releasing in the Generations line that was seen on display at NYCC last year.

They said that there would be Leader Class Movie Optimus released as a preview of the actual line. We got that, it's the terrible First Edition Optimus Prime on Amazon.

This I believe will be the Voyager mold, and this listing here is Takara's premium version. The price does kinda back this up. It's costs about twice as much as a Voyager previously cost from Takara, but limited stuff with premium paint jobs can go up that much. And it's too cheap to be a Takara Leader Class toy with a premium paint job.

The stuff it comes with also matches up with the description for the Voyager range we got at Nuremberg.
Re: TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime (1550028)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 12th, 2014 @ 12:06pm CST
Dead Metal wrote:I don't think that's going to be the case. Yes, this is the "Leader Class" they showed back then, but I suspect the whole being part of the Generations line is something of a miscommunication.
They had a whole press release for it and everything saying it's a Generations figure.
Re: TagHobby Listing for Takara Tomy Movie Advance Series Optimus Prime (1550103)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 12th, 2014 @ 3:26pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
They had a whole press release for it an everything saying it's a Generations figure.

Oh wow, I must have missed that.

That is just terrible.