Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime

Transformers News: Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime

Tuesday, October 18th, 2011 8:14AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 49,589

Takara has updated their website with their latest campaign item. Starting November 18th fans who spend 3000 Yen on Transformers products at Toys"R"Us can receive a set of MechTech battle blades for Striker Optimus Prime, limited to 10,000 sets. Image mirrored below.

Credit(s): Takara
Re: Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime (1302075)
Posted by RodimalToyota on October 18th, 2011 @ 10:05am CDT
Damn I must have! why does Japan get all the good isht.
Re: Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime (1302081)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on October 18th, 2011 @ 10:22am CDT
RodimalToyota wrote:Damn I must have! why does Japan get all the good isht.

Ive never understood why Hasbro doesn't run similar promotions :???:
Re: Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime (1302085)
Posted by rpetras on October 18th, 2011 @ 10:29am CDT
WANT!!!
Re: Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime (1302087)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on October 18th, 2011 @ 10:31am CDT
Eh, I'd want them if they were upright like in the movie. :-?
Re: Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime (1302091)
Posted by Rated X on October 18th, 2011 @ 10:44am CDT
Pretender Skywarp wrote:
RodimalToyota wrote:Damn I must have! why does Japan get all the good isht.

Ive never understood why Hasbro doesn't run similar promotions :???:

Because Hasbro's main focus in kids who destroy figures. Takara's main focus is adults who collect them. So we get Kreo. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime (1302097)
Posted by Faraid Ez-Zone on October 18th, 2011 @ 10:53am CDT
I think I'll wait striker OP to be repainted to buster treatment...
Re: Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime (1302133)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on October 18th, 2011 @ 12:40pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
Pretender Skywarp wrote:
RodimalToyota wrote:Damn I must have! why does Japan get all the good isht.

Ive never understood why Hasbro doesn't run similar promotions :???:

It wouldn't necessarily need to be complicated, repaint a mini-con to go with the PCC or a Mech Tech Weapon. It just seems a bit of a missed opportunity.
Re: Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime (1302137)
Posted by Slashercon on October 18th, 2011 @ 12:51pm CDT
:sad: :sad: Ahh come on Hasbro. Are you serious??!!! Why can't they release this in the US??!! Takara ALWAYS get the good shiznit!! :-(
Re: Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime (1302185)
Posted by Blurrz on October 18th, 2011 @ 2:36pm CDT
I never understand all this crying foul. There are online stores and fellow members on the site that are capable in helping others out. Plus it's specifically meant for a toy released in Takara territory.

There are Blades in ROTF Voyager Prime and ROTF Leader Prime. Also... Hasbro's DOTM Voyager Prime and Ultimate Prime are awful to begin with, not even add-ons could save them.

The sword is personally not my thing... if it was a mini-con i'd bite, but the swords are just add-ons that look like they don't even flush with transformation into vehicle mode... and like I said prior, the ROTF versions of Prime are much better.
Re: Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime (1302278)
Posted by frenzyXprime on October 18th, 2011 @ 5:48pm CDT
Anybody out there that could help me acquire a set? I'd be very grateful.
Re: Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime (1302405)
Posted by scypris115 on October 18th, 2011 @ 10:20pm CDT
how much do these cost in US money?
Re: Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime (1302406)
Posted by frenzyXprime on October 18th, 2011 @ 10:22pm CDT
3000 yen is roughly $40.
Re: Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime (1302407)
Posted by scypris115 on October 18th, 2011 @ 10:25pm CDT
frenzyXprime wrote:3000 yen is roughly $40.

hmm.. eh not worth it. >:oP thanks for the help! :grin:
Re: Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime (1302410)
Posted by frenzyXprime on October 18th, 2011 @ 10:36pm CDT
scypris115 wrote:
frenzyXprime wrote:3000 yen is roughly $40.

hmm.. eh not worth it. >:oP thanks for the help! :grin:

You're welcome!
Re: Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime (1302483)
Posted by noctorro on October 19th, 2011 @ 5:51am CDT

You have Ultimate Prime in the US, which doesn't fit in any scale. Still no Leader Megatron / Shockwave. I hoped we would get voyager Crankcase and the other one that transforms into an animal.

Instead I see cyberverse, and a Kreo line???

That's what they should do!
Re: Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime (1303150)
Posted by Blurrz on October 20th, 2011 @ 2:26pm CDT
LOL @ 50 on BBTS.
Re: Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime (1303192)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on October 20th, 2011 @ 4:16pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:LOL @ 50 on BBTS.

Somebody will pay it tho', people just love their Japanese exclusives...
Re: Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime (1303424)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on October 21st, 2011 @ 5:27am CDT
noctorro wrote:I'm getting a bit tired of all the ROTF Leader Prime milking. We have that awesome new Stealth Force leader Prime version. The Wing thing Prime. All cost an arm and a leg.
noctorro wrote:Hasbro should release a ROTF Prime with the Stealth Force upgrade set + Wings + Buster cannon and these 2 blades all in one set for a normal price!
That's what they should do!

Yes cause, that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. :-?
Re: Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime (1303427)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on October 21st, 2011 @ 5:52am CDT
scypris115 wrote:
frenzyXprime wrote:3000 yen is roughly $40.

hmm.. eh not worth it. >:oP thanks for the help! :grin:

Take into consideration the promo entitles you to get the blade for FREE, when you purchase $40 bucks of DOTM toys. Which is quite worth it, getting a free blade with 2 voyagers ETC.
Re: Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime (1304223)
Posted by Bonecrusher27 on October 23rd, 2011 @ 4:45am CDT
RodimalToyota wrote:Damn I must have! why does Japan get all the good isht.

Hahaha love that quote from the movie. Nice paraphrase!
Re: Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime (1305275)
Posted by 009* on October 26th, 2011 @ 2:42am CDT
Well, I just pre-ordered a set for my Jetwing Optimus.
Re: Takara Campaign Battle Blades for Striker Optimus Prime (1310640)
Posted by mc1gamer on November 9th, 2011 @ 11:30pm CST
I'm trying to order either a Jetwing or a pre-order of the Striker so I can also get the battle blades but I can't seem to do so and I don't have a means to adjust japanese characters to english. I must be doing something wrong. Any suggestions? I'm ready to purchase one of these bad boys but hitting a wall on how to do so where I can read the site. I've tried translators but they don't adjust the graphics and those sites are nearly all graphic. I only get a few headings and I can't do a search and get any results I can understand :( Any suggestions for this language confused transformers fan?? Thanks in advance!
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars