Takara Tomy 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll Announcement Details

Transformers News: Takara Tomy 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll Announcement Details

Monday, November 11th, 2013 11:25AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 26,085

The results are in, as TakaraTomy has announced that they will be announcing the winner of the fan poll to decide the character to receive Masterpiece treatment in celebration of the Transformers' thirtieth anniversary very soon! Seibertron user Grifter Prime brings us the details:

Grifter Prime wrote:Details of live delivery of Masterpiece Fan's Choice results announced decision!

Date and time: 21:00 (Tuesday) 20:00 to 19 November 2013 (planned)
The free delivery at YouTube Live Tomy channel in: How to Watch
Click the following URL.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?feature ... hheFDqI4i9

Other Maeda and producer Transformers DJ, luxurious guest appearance as well!
In addition, in conjunction with the planning of Twitter is also planned that day.
Please look forward to follow the official account of "Transformers Information Bureau".

As stated above, once the 19th rolls around, Takara Tomy will be dropping hints on their Twitter until they announce the winner. The winner will then be announced on their YouTube channel. Stay tuned!

Here are the choices ...

#1 - G1 Headmasters Fortress Maximus
#2 - G1 Masterforce Super Ginrai (Powermaster Optimus Prime)
#3 - G1 Victory Star Saber
#4 - G1 Zone Dai Atlas
#5 - Beast Convoy (Optimus Primal)
#6 - Beast Wars II Lio Convoy
#7 - Beast Wars Neo Big Convoy
#8 - Car Robots Fire Convoy (RID Optimus Prime)
#9 - Micron Legends Super Convoy (Armada Optimus Prime)
#10 - Superlink Grand Convoy (Energon Optimus Prime)
#11 - Galaxy Force Galaxy Convoy (Cybertron Optimus Prime)

Credit(s): Takara Tomy, Seibertron user Grifter Prime

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll Announcement Details (1529203)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 11th, 2013 @ 12:00pm CST
Google Translate, you so silly. 8-}
Re: Takara Tomy 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll Announcement Details (1529205)
Posted by GuyIncognito on November 11th, 2013 @ 12:06pm CST
TT would like to announce that they will soon be making an announcement about some hints they will soon begin dropping regarding an upcoming announcement. Stay tuned!
Re: Takara Tomy 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll Announcement Details (1529213)
Posted by Seibertron on November 11th, 2013 @ 12:31pm CST
I'm putting my money on Powermaster Optimus Prime (Masterforce Super Ginrai). It's the only one in the list that's an Optimus Prime that looks like a traditional Optimus Prime and could make for an item that truly represents, at least to me, what a 30th Anniversary Transformers product should be.

Fort Max would be too big and too expensive. It's a nice fantasy idea to get a 5 foot tall Fort Max but it's just not in the cards. This is the choice that makes me think this whole list is BS because there's no way this one would happen.

Beast Convoy seems like an obvious choice at some point with the natural progression of the line, especially if Beast Megatron accompanies him. While it seems like an obvious choice, I don't think Beast Convoy is a good 30th Anniversary figure.

I'm not sure how Lio Convoy and Big Convoy got on this list. I love those guys but they would be way down the list of figures that need the Masterpiece treatment. Plus you can't do Lio Convoy or Big Convoy before you do Beast Convoy. Two more choices on this list that I think were there just to pad out the list.

As for Car Robots Fire Convoy, this could be a really, really nice toy if they did a super realistic fire truck. I think this would be the 2nd choice I'd put money on. Give me a Masterpiece God Magnus that can actually combine with Fire Convoy and I think many of us would be super excited about this. However, the size comes into mind again because of how large the originals were, so that makes me skeptical about this possibility.

Super God Ginrai / Powermaster Optimus Prime is the only one of these that I can truly get behind for a 30th Anniversary product.
Re: Takara Tomy 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll Announcement Details (1529220)
Posted by bluecatcinema on November 11th, 2013 @ 1:09pm CST
I'm hoping for Star Saber, though Galaxy Force Convoy wouldn't be so bad...
Re: Takara Tomy 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll Announcement Details (1529225)
Posted by Gorechyld on November 11th, 2013 @ 1:28pm CST
> Run a pole for the next masterpiece figure.

>> So much potential to be any number of characters from the Transformers universe, no MP Cyclonus or Scourge or maybe even Kup.

>>> 99% are Optimus Prime

Seriously, are Transformers fans autistic? :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Takara Tomy 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll Announcement Details (1529227)
Posted by Deathscythetransform on November 11th, 2013 @ 1:57pm CST
a masterpiece fortress maximus... yeah. right. like THAT would happen... :shock:

most of the list is BS and I sure hope it won't be a beastformer.

So I'd put my money on Car Robot Fire Convoy or Armada Prime...

but of course, no Jazz yet :BOOM:
Re: Takara Tomy 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll Announcement Details (1529229)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 11th, 2013 @ 2:05pm CST
Gorechyld wrote:Seriously, are Transformers fans autistic? :BANG_HEAD:

Hey, I do take offense to that as I have autism myself. :sad: And the poll only had those (Japanese) Leader types as options, we did not have a hand in that. Leader types sell, you know?

Personally, I'd have picked Star Saber or Galaxy Convoy / Cybertron Optimus Prime, simply because they look the best, plus have the best ways of combining with future figures (Victory Leo *hint hint*)
Re: Takara Tomy 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll Announcement Details (1529235)
Posted by xyl360 on November 11th, 2013 @ 2:46pm CST
I wouldn't rule any of them out. I don't think that size is a factor here at all, although I've no idea what they'd do with Fort Max. But for the others, I could easily see them doing any one of them.

I think this is just Takara's bone that they're throwing to the long time fans from all generations of Transformers who are still around, regardless of what their favorite series is, providing them with the opportunity to select the MP leader of their choice, and whoever has the most votes wins. I don't think for a second that any of these choices are there just to "pad out the list". You guys are thinking about this way too deeply. It is a 30th anniversary fans' choice and may the character/series with the most fans win!

The winning figure/character *could* (and should IMO) play a role in what Takara decides to do later with the MP line, particularly once they're either done with G1 or decide to expand the line to go beyond it.
Re: Takara Tomy 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll Announcement Details (1529249)
Posted by Blasphemous Prime on November 11th, 2013 @ 4:25pm CST
Fort Max in scale with the masterpiece line? Good luck trying to afford that!

I can see most of the Primes being done, but Fort max would cost more than most of us are willing to part with.
Re: Takara Tomy 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll Announcement Details (1529258)
Posted by thedistinctroom on November 11th, 2013 @ 5:32pm CST
Ah. This poll is great, but I know darn well that everyone will pick Fortress Maximus. Besides, the likes of Car Robots Fire Convoy and Galaxy Force Galaxy Convoy are already total Masterpieces in their own right.

:TRANSBOT:
Re: Takara Tomy 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll Announcement Details (1529259)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 11th, 2013 @ 5:41pm CST
In case anyone forgot, what we were told back in July was that Star Saber is in the lead, followed by Micron Densetsu Convoy (Armada Optimus Prime) and Dai Atlas.

Personally hoping Armada Optimus gets MP treatment, as that figure needs it badly. The combined mode is a complete brick, outside of shoulder, elbows, and head articulation. But I'd love to see Star Saber get it too, because I like the design and concept of his Brainmaster-ception gimmick. Dai Atlas just seems too obscure in my opinion. Zone only had what, one episode on television and a small collection of manga?

Can't see them doing Fortress Maximus, even if he was as big as a Leader figure.

Beast Wars Optimus Primal, I also wouldn't mind, but not necessary. Same to the two Japanese Beast Era ones.

Robots in Disguise Optimus Prime doesn't really need it, he's good already.

Meh to Energon and Cybertron. Energon because... well, he's a meh design. Cybertron, like Robots in Disguise, is fine just as is.
Re: Takara Tomy 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll Announcement Details (1529262)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 11th, 2013 @ 5:51pm CST
Seibertron wrote:While I'd love to see Masterpiece versions of Star Saber and Dai Atlas, I think I'd like to see their G1 toys reissued first. I also don't think either of those characters are recognizable enough to the general public to be good choices.
You underestimate Star Saber's high popularity over in Japan. ;)

And last we heard, Star Saber was in first place in this poll, And Dai Atlas was in third (Micron Densetsu Convoy was in second).

Seibertron wrote:I'm not sure how Lio Convoy and Big Convoy got on this list.
Simple. This poll was to give every single Cybertron/Autobot Supreme Commander from 1985 to 2005 a fair shot at this, and since they count as their respective series' Supreme Commanders, they qualify. :D

Seibertron wrote:Micron Legends, Superlink and Galaxy Force Convoys are way too recent of figures/characters to get a Masterpiece treatment. I'd be really disappointed if Superlink Grand Convoy got the treatment, because, well, it's not the greatest toy or concept for Transformers. If I wanted toys like that, I'd be into Voltron (which I'm not into). Galaxy Convoy is the only one of these 3 that I'd be interested in seeing a Masterpiece treatment of, but again, the toy is too recent and the original one is a pretty awesome toy to begin with. And like the Car Robots Fire Convoy, I'd be concerned about the size of this toy if it's truly a Masterpiece.
Micron Densetsu Convoy the one that would need this treatment the most due to how the original Super Base toy was so limited in its articulation. The original Galaxy Convoy is so good a toy that it doesn't really need an MP, and Super Link Grand Convoy, while not perfect, was also decent enough to not really warrant an MP.

Seibertron wrote:Super God Ginrai
That name! :shock: Ya cut me deep, Ryan. Ya cut me really deep.
Re: Takara Tomy 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll Announcement Details (1529263)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 11th, 2013 @ 5:54pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:Dai Atlas just seems too obscure in my opinion. Zone only had what, one episode on television and a small collection of manga?
Technically it was one OVA episode on VHS (and on DVD years later), one manga chapter, and just as many story pages as its predecessors and successors. ;)
Re: Takara Tomy 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll Announcement Details (1529266)
Posted by eyl on November 11th, 2013 @ 6:35pm CST
It would not be hard to add articulations to any one of those figures. Fort Max could just be another Titan class figure. Super Ginrai could present a design challenge if Takara want to put Super Ginrai's head inside Ginrai's cab body (as depicted in the cartoon).
Re: Takara Tomy 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll Announcement Details (1529270)
Posted by ILL-Star on November 11th, 2013 @ 6:52pm CST
I would definitely be disappointed if it were Energon or Galaxy Force Prime. Just about everything else is okay with me. I would really love a Masterpiece Optimus Primal. Though a Masterpiece Mammoth..... WOULD BE AMAZING!
Re: Takara Tomy 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll Announcement Details (1529274)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 11th, 2013 @ 7:11pm CST
Re: Takara Tomy 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll Announcement Details (1529275)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 11th, 2013 @ 7:13pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:The ones of this lineup I feel could use an MP update the most would be Suepr Ginrai, Star Saber, Dai Atlas, and Micron Densetsu Convoy. The rest are either too big (in Fort Max's case) or are already good/great enough toys in their own right. ;)

Agreed.

Please be Armada Optimus Prime, please be Armada Optimus Prime, please be Armada Optimus Prime...
Re: Takara Tomy 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll Announcement Details (1529294)
Posted by T-Macksimus on November 11th, 2013 @ 9:15pm CST
While I would love to see BWII Lio Convoy get it (I love my Lio figure and would be THRILLED to have an MP size version) I have to agree with our esteemed leader that PM Prime is the only truly logical choice to get the MP treatment. I also have to agree that this was a stacked poll from the start. The choices weren't really choices at all. All you have to do is take a look at previous figure and you'd know that there was only choice Takara would go for. Everything else was just there to make the fans feel like they were actually a part of something big and, to me anyways, that seems like a shi**y thing to do to the fans. Just treats us like we are all morons. I could understand it if it were Hasbro doing this but I expected more of Takara.

Still... I'll be curious to see the final outcome and I won't bitch if I'm wrong in my assessment. I'd actually be quite pleased if I were wrong.
Re: Takara Tomy 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll Announcement Details (1529304)
Posted by BluavalancheZ71 on November 11th, 2013 @ 10:48pm CST
I personally think that figure will be Powermaster Optimus Prime, or Masterforce Super Ginrai as we already have seen preorders pop up for a masterpiece ultra magnus with a trailer, which I am guessing is a retooled MP-10 Prime, which means that some of those parts can be reused in "super" mode for Ginrai. As takara should have a lot of the R&D done on this figure as some can take a long time to get to production, so a completely 100% figure I think is out.
Re: Takara Tomy 30th Anniversary Masterpiece Fan Poll Announcement Details (1529309)
Posted by megatronus on November 11th, 2013 @ 11:43pm CST
I hope one of the G1 characters wins.

To me, that would be in line with what Masterpiece is all about - a faithful reincarnation of G1 concepts with modern engineering and a streamlined (or reasonable) scale.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem