Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images

Friday, August 8th, 2014 1:53AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 32,907

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Fellow fan Blacklai has obtained the yet to be released (domestically, that is) Dinobot Snarl from Age Of Extinction. Snarl is a toy only creation and never made it to the big screen, unfortunately, but we are getting him in toy mode and he looks pretty darn good!

Blacklai posted his thoughts on the figure, here.

Much like FOC Bruticus had in the past, it seems the Dinobots are receiving the many repaints treatment. Domestic retail: Multicolored.
Domestic exclusive: G1 deco (SDCC and Amazon exclusives.)
Who knows? Might be more redecos down the line.

We've mirrored the images below:

Transformers News: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
Credit(s): Blacklai from TFND.net
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1597611)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on August 8th, 2014 @ 7:05am CDT
Snarl for the win! :DANCE:
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1597619)
Posted by Yweggo on August 8th, 2014 @ 7:59am CDT
He makes me think of Animated Waspinator...
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1597632)
Posted by Rated X on August 8th, 2014 @ 9:00am CDT
Wheres the damn hasbro version ? The movie hype is already over and still no sludge or snarl in stores.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1597634)
Posted by Marcdachamp on August 8th, 2014 @ 9:04am CDT
Checked my Toys R Us yesterday, but no sign of Bumblebee. Definitely want that two-pack!

Odd question, though: why is it that we never get the Camaro in the accurate yellow? The "G1" Bumblebee in the package has a yellow that's pretty spot-on, but, to the best of my knowledge, every Bumblebee we've ever gotten from the movies has looked closer to orange than the actual Camaro does in real life.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1597676)
Posted by Delta Magnus on August 8th, 2014 @ 10:14am CDT
That looks nice. Shame the wrists still suck, but I suppose I could fix that with a revoltech joint or 2.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1597702)
Posted by IJK Productions on August 8th, 2014 @ 10:43am CDT
So Takara is releasing the AoE Hot Shot/Tracks there according the Also Available bottom cell
Image
$100 says thats what the unidentified AD-19 is unless it's gonna be an exclusive or AD-31+
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1597705)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 8th, 2014 @ 10:51am CDT
IJK Productions wrote:So Takara is releasing the AoE Hot Shot/Tracks there according the Also Available bottom cellImage. $100 says thats what the unidentified AD-19 is (or AD-29 since BBTS doesn't have that listed between AD-28 and AD-30)


If anything it's directly copied from Hasbro's card back, so it's possible that it's an oversight. Should Hot Shot get released, either he'll be exclusive and get no number at all, or he'll be AD-32 or higher, with this list in mind:

AD28 Snarl
AD29 Clobber (has to be Slog)
AD30 Drift Helicopter
AD31 Ultimate Power Mode Optimus Prime (Leader retool)

And we still don't know who AD18 and AD19 are, aside from the fact that they're based on Dark of the Moon. That Wheeljack is an exclusive, so no ID number.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1597755)
Posted by Shuttershock on August 8th, 2014 @ 1:51pm CDT
Anyone else reminded of BBTS Dark Energon Prime toys? Way too much transparent plastic compared to the others, in my opinion.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1597812)
Posted by xyl360 on August 8th, 2014 @ 5:36pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:Anyone else reminded of BBTS Dark Energon Prime toys? Way too much transparent plastic compared to the others, in my opinion.

Actually, yeah. It looks to sport an identical deco to BBTS' Dark Energon Knockout (which I LOVED, BTW):
Image
Image
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1597833)
Posted by IJK Productions on August 8th, 2014 @ 7:51pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
IJK Productions wrote:So Takara is releasing the AoE Hot Shot/Tracks there according the Also Available bottom cellImage. $100 says thats what the unidentified AD-19 is (or AD-29 since BBTS doesn't have that listed between AD-28 and AD-30)


If anything it's directly copied from Hasbro's card back, so it's possible that it's an oversight. Should Hot Shot get released, either he'll be exclusive and get no number at all, or he'll be AD-32 or higher, with this list in mind:

AD28 Snarl
AD29 Clobber (has to be Slog)
AD30 Drift Helicopter
AD31 Ultimate Power Mode Optimus Prime (Leader retool)

And we still don't know who AD18 and AD19 are, aside from the fact that they're based on Dark of the Moon. That Wheeljack is an exclusive, so no ID number.



Now that you mention it it does look like they copied the Hasbro box since it doesn't look like the Japanese print for translations is on it like my AD Dino did, unless thats what they're doing for this wave, which I doubt.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1597933)
Posted by Stockade on August 9th, 2014 @ 9:04am CDT
I really like Snarl and yes I plan to pick him up at retail or online, but also when I look at Snarl, I see Slugfest as well, I'm sure a repaint will be coming down the pike.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1597944)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 9th, 2014 @ 9:25am CDT
IJK Productions wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
IJK Productions wrote:So Takara is releasing the AoE Hot Shot/Tracks there according the Also Available bottom cellImage. $100 says thats what the unidentified AD-19 is (or AD-29 since BBTS doesn't have that listed between AD-28 and AD-30)


If anything it's directly copied from Hasbro's card back, so it's possible that it's an oversight. Should Hot Shot get released, either he'll be exclusive and get no number at all, or he'll be AD-32 or higher, with this list in mind:

AD28 Snarl
AD29 Clobber (has to be Slog)
AD30 Drift Helicopter
AD31 Ultimate Power Mode Optimus Prime (Leader retool)

And we still don't know who AD18 and AD19 are, aside from the fact that they're based on Dark of the Moon. That Wheeljack is an exclusive, so no ID number.



Now that you mention it it does look like they copied the Hasbro box since it doesn't look like the Japanese print for translations is on it like my AD Dino did, unless thats what they're doing for this wave, which I doubt.


They added Japanese only for the "Legacy Releases", AD08 through AD17 since there was no US packaging to copy. So they made their own, which also includes the logo of the movie they refer to:

Transformers
AD08 Battle Blade Bumblebee
AD09 Protoform Optimus Prime
AD10 Starscream
AD11 Dispensor

Transformers: Revenge
AD12 Revenge Optimus Prime
AD13 Devastator
AD14 Jolt
AD15 Ratchet

Transformers: Darkside Moon
AD16 Autobot Dino
AD17 Darkside Soundwave
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598049)
Posted by El Duque on August 9th, 2014 @ 3:31pm CDT
Courtesy of the Hobbybase we some in-hand images of the Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Toys"R"Us exclusive "Rusty" Optimus Prime, a more screen accurate version the Voyager Class Evasion Mode Optimus Prime. Check out the images mirrored below:

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598067)
Posted by TulioDude on August 9th, 2014 @ 4:59pm CDT
Robot mode looks accurate,not sure about vehicle mode.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598073)
Posted by Shuttershock on August 9th, 2014 @ 5:44pm CDT
El Duque wrote:Courtesy of the Hobbybase we some in-hand images of the Takara Tomy Transformers: Lost Age Toys"R"Us exclusive "Rusty" Optimus Prime, a more screen accurate version the Voyager Class Evasion Mode Optimus Prime. Check out the images mirrored below:

Image

Image

Image

Image



I see what they're going for, but sweet Primus that light gray plastic. I've yet to see it look good when implemented for a whole figure. And they did the same thing with "Platinum Knight Prime". Is the gray plastic just that inexpensive? Did no one put their hand up and say "that looks kind of cheap and unappealing"?
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598078)
Posted by Madeus Prime on August 9th, 2014 @ 6:05pm CDT
I really want to love Snarl, but those damned hands, those are the hands of a evil, sloppy, toy designer.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598085)
Posted by dragons on August 9th, 2014 @ 6:41pm CDT
TulioDude wrote:Robot mode looks accurate,not sure about vehicle mode.



think you may have reversed your comment do you mena truck accuate bot mode half accuate?
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598099)
Posted by User897 on August 9th, 2014 @ 9:38pm CDT
Preorder cancelled. Both Hasbro and Takara obviously have done a shit job, so I'll just keep enjoying my cheapie one from Walmart. So much for the bullet and shell marks on the prototype. The rust has turned into blood, too. Absolute shit.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598110)
Posted by TheVenocWarlord on August 9th, 2014 @ 10:44pm CDT
If he just had some rust on his head, I would buy him. His head looks too plain as-is.

EDIT: Hmmm, it's really starting to grow on me already. I may pick him up anyway...
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598145)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 10th, 2014 @ 5:03am CDT
El Duque wrote:
Image

Image

Image


Image

:lol:
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598174)
Posted by Delta Magnus on August 10th, 2014 @ 9:39am CDT
To be fair, his rust/battle damage detailing in the movie was way too complex for a mass-release toy- they'd probably have to be individually hand-painted for a remotely accurate look, and that's not practical for mass-productions toys.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598175)
Posted by shajaki on August 10th, 2014 @ 9:42am CDT
if anyones wondering, it appears the pricepoint for the upcoming platinum dinobot 5-pack is apparently $159.90.

Movie 4 Platinum Edition Generation Dinobot 5 Pack. Preorder. Available on 1st October 2014. $159.90 @ RobotKingdom.com
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598196)
Posted by MGrotusque on August 10th, 2014 @ 11:58am CDT
I really like this rust mode OP. I hope the actual product you get in hand looks as nice in that alt mode.
I'm wondering if each figure will basically have it's own rust design to a degree. Is it done by hand would ya think?
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598206)
Posted by Skyfire77 on August 10th, 2014 @ 12:25pm CDT
El Duque wrote:
Image


I don't know if it's just a bad picture or what, but he looks like he's made out of Wonka Chocolate Waterfall bars.
Image
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598215)
Posted by Shuttershock on August 10th, 2014 @ 1:14pm CDT
Skyfire77 wrote:
El Duque wrote:
Image


I don't know if it's just a bad picture or what, but he looks like he's made out of Wonka Chocolate Waterfall bars.
Image


:APPLAUSE:

Now that you mention it, he does look just like he's made of white chocolate.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598243)
Posted by MGrotusque on August 10th, 2014 @ 3:21pm CDT
Awesome! I like it even more now. =P~
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598272)
Posted by TulioDude on August 10th, 2014 @ 5:34pm CDT
dragons wrote:
TulioDude wrote:Robot mode looks accurate,not sure about vehicle mode.



think you may have reversed your comment do you mena truck accuate bot mode half accuate?

I'm talking about the Takara version.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598273)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 10th, 2014 @ 5:36pm CDT
TulioDude wrote:
dragons wrote:
TulioDude wrote:Robot mode looks accurate,not sure about vehicle mode.



think you may have reversed your comment do you mena truck accuate bot mode half accuate?

I'm talking about the Takara version.
Right, and it's the Takara version that transforms from a movie-accurate rusty truck into a non-movie-accurate albino robot.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598474)
Posted by Va'al on August 11th, 2014 @ 12:45pm CDT
The people behind Taiwan-based company InfoThink, creators of licensed electronic devices such as USB drives, memory card readers and more, have sent us an extensive look at their Transformers: Age of Extinction catalogue - of which we've mirrored images below - and all of which can be found at their website. Check 'em out!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598499)
Posted by TulioDude on August 11th, 2014 @ 1:34pm CDT
Seem a cute thing to have.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598511)
Posted by TransformersFan89 on August 11th, 2014 @ 1:58pm CDT
Does anyone know yet when the release date for the Transformers: Age Of Extinction platinum Breakout Battle set or the Leader Optimus Prime/Grimlock set?
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598526)
Posted by Bouncy X on August 11th, 2014 @ 3:02pm CDT
and what does Grimlock do or is that just a size comparison with the actual toy? lol
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598528)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 11th, 2014 @ 3:09pm CDT
Bouncy X wrote:and what does Grimlock do or is that just a size comparison with the actual toy? lol


That would be Flip And Change Grimlock ;)
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598541)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on August 11th, 2014 @ 3:44pm CDT
Those USB arm replicas have jointed fingers. I wonder if they can be used as a touch-screen stylus?
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598543)
Posted by Maggotron on August 11th, 2014 @ 3:58pm CDT
If the USBs are 64 GB capacity or higher, only then might I consider them worth getting.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598589)
Posted by Madeus Prime on August 11th, 2014 @ 8:36pm CDT
If they're super-cheap, I can totally see somebody transplanting those onto leader class figs.

Either way, both are super creepy, especially the Bumblebee head.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598635)
Posted by dalekslayer96 on August 12th, 2014 @ 4:35am CDT
In case no one noticed, this guy has not combined Snarl's two accessories to form the axe. Also, he's positioned Snarl's wrists incorrectly.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598691)
Posted by Madeus Prime on August 12th, 2014 @ 10:14am CDT
dalekslayer96 wrote:In case no one noticed, this guy has not combined Snarl's two accessories to form the axe. Also, he's positioned Snarl's wrists incorrectly.


Yes, his axe is misassembled, but it's my sad duty to inform you that those are how his wrists look. His wrists are permanently stuck up in the awful position.

I hope at least some member of the TF community finds a figure with compatible mushroom peg hands. Or a 3d Party pair of hands.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598708)
Posted by Va'al on August 12th, 2014 @ 11:37am CDT
Coming at us from the official Transformers YouTube channel is the new commercial for the biggest Dinobot around: Stomp and Chomp Grimlock! This simplified transforming mammoth (well, T-Rex) features sound effects and lights in both modes, and an Optimus Prime figure with magnetic weapon activating gimmick - check out the embedded clip below!

Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598735)
Posted by pie-man on August 12th, 2014 @ 12:59pm CDT
I saw this at a local T'R'U, and I can't say I'm impressed. Yes, it's huge. It's got a big frickin' sword and has a gun mounted on top. It's got lights & sounds. And different one-step changers activate different thingys.... so they say. Heck..... just reading all that back there sounds impressive! :-)

But who would want to buy a toy that costs as much as Masterpiece for their kid???

And a close second... the lower jaw on the t-rex mode really bothers me. The lower jaw splits down the middle and folds away into the body during transformation. But it doesn't hold together very well in place. At a small touch, the lower jaw just comes apart. The "peg & hole" (if that's the words) that hold em together aren't very tight. And I saw this across 3 different locations.

If the price was right (and that's a big IF) I could appreciate the toy for all the things stated above. But that jaw really bugs me.... because my son's one-step-changer Snarl has the same issue with its head.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598790)
Posted by Delta Magnus on August 12th, 2014 @ 3:35pm CDT
Madeus Prime wrote:
dalekslayer96 wrote:In case no one noticed, this guy has not combined Snarl's two accessories to form the axe. Also, he's positioned Snarl's wrists incorrectly.


Yes, his axe is misassembled, but it's my sad duty to inform you that those are how his wrists look. His wrists are permanently stuck up in the awful position.

I hope at least some member of the TF community finds a figure with compatible mushroom peg hands. Or a 3d Party pair of hands.


If you're willing to get creative with a saw and drill (and splash out a bit) you could probably cut down the awful wrist-mounts and mount his hands on revoltech joints, giving him better poseability and less crappy-looking wrists.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598793)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 12th, 2014 @ 3:46pm CDT
Thanks to Oscar Fung's Facebook page, via Seibertron.com user daimchoc, we get some in hand images of the Optimus Prime Evolutions 2-pack. This 2-pack contains repaints of the recently released Evasion mode Optimus Prime and a Fan favorite classics Optimus Prime released all the way back in 2006. Oscar was also gracious enough to post some comparison picture with the Japanese version of this mold, the Henkei Optimus Prime. Check out the images we've mirrored below remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!


Image

Image


Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Image

Image

Image
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598797)
Posted by Super Megatron on August 12th, 2014 @ 3:57pm CDT
Meh. Easy pass.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598801)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 12th, 2014 @ 4:04pm CDT
Not too bad looking. If I had cash to spare or if a relative was looking for a gift idea, this could be one. I just need a proper repurposing destination for the Classics mold since I have the Henkei one.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598803)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 12th, 2014 @ 4:06pm CDT
Toy-accuracy right down to the yellow eyes!
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598811)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on August 12th, 2014 @ 4:21pm CDT
I foolishly passed on the original " Classics" O.P. back in '06, so I really look forward to getting this. The coloring in robot mode is, IMO, nicer than the original.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598812)
Posted by Cyberpath on August 12th, 2014 @ 4:21pm CDT
Sigh, yellow eyes.

Still not liking the grey elbows. Wish they'd release this in the original Henkei colours.

And they ditched EMOP's face plate. But it' still lacking paint around the grill though.

Any chance there will be other variations of this set?
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598821)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on August 12th, 2014 @ 4:38pm CDT
Maybe. Just for the classics prime. My fiancée may want one.
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598824)
Posted by Legosrawsum on August 12th, 2014 @ 4:43pm CDT
When does this come out?
Re: Takara Tomy AoE AD-28 Deluxe Class Snarl In Hand Images (1598829)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on August 12th, 2014 @ 5:08pm CDT
Like the deco on the regular EMOP much better than on this. The blue flames on the cab just seem wrong and weird.

Click here to view an additional 519 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014