Takara Tomy BeCool Commercial

Transformers News: Takara Tomy BeCool Commercial

Friday, May 17th, 2013 8:45AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 18,858

Here's a little Friday morning fun, the latest BeCool commercial from Takra Tomy. These of course are their versions of Hasbro's Transformers Bot Shots, some featuring new decos. Enjoy the commercial embedded below.

Credit(s): Takara Tomy
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Commercial (1487983)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 17th, 2013 @ 8:56am CDT
I think TakaraTomy made a mistake of omitting the game mechanic of the toys. Rock-Paper-Scissors actually came from Asia no less.
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Commercial (1487986)
Posted by Seibertron on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:06am CDT
How in the world did that horrible commercial last 3 minutes? :michaelbay:

It's interesting to see how different Transformers can be portrayed in Japan versus how they are handled here in the US.
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Commercial (1487987)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:10am CDT
Seibertron wrote:How in the world did that horrible commercial last 3 minutes? :michaelbay:

I'll say, that commercial was cute overdose. Those flapping arms... :shock:
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Commercial (1487988)
Posted by Arctorro on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:10am CDT
That commercial is why we need a proper  smiley :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Commercial (1488001)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:43am CDT
YESSSS!!! I love you Japan. I can't stop smiling. The cute here is like... diet-cute-lite, next to this barrage of sugary goodness.

But I digress, is there a definitive list of these guys? I'm curious how many different variants there are from the USA release. (outside of them all having eyes, which is adorable. ADORABLE, I tell you!!!!!! :KREMZEEK: )
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Commercial (1488004)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:58am CDT
Well... that was, interesting. At least they found a use for the hole at the bottom of their feet.
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Commercial (1488007)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 17th, 2013 @ 10:09am CDT
"Tatakae henkei! Bikūru henkei! Bikūru... HENKEI!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Commercial (1488022)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on May 17th, 2013 @ 11:28am CDT
*shudder*
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Commercial (1488025)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on May 17th, 2013 @ 11:36am CDT
I never understood why Takara omitted the whole "transformers" fact from this. I mean, who are they fooling, Optimus has his autobot insignia on his grill.

What could they possibly gain from marketing this as something non-transformers, with a race of oddly coloured robots that all best friends and engage in constant arm-flapping?

So this is a test-market item? Would have sold well if it was branded under TFs.

I sometime question Takara's decisions...
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Commercial (1488036)
Posted by EagleBot13 on May 17th, 2013 @ 12:38pm CDT
Am I going crazy or did anyone else notice the eye's in vehicle mode?
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Commercial (1488041)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 17th, 2013 @ 1:01pm CDT
EagleBot13 wrote:Am I going crazy or did anyone else notice the eye's in vehicle mode?

We all did, it's to add to the kawaii factor. :HALUC:
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Commercial (1488042)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 17th, 2013 @ 1:08pm CDT
Yeah, I'm thinking I might just get a couple of these :-? ... but then I'm like... GET THEM ALL.... THEY HAVE EYES!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Commercial (1488043)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 17th, 2013 @ 1:09pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Commercial (1488104)
Posted by Downbeat on May 17th, 2013 @ 5:41pm CDT
This is some kind of fever dream or hallucination or something, yeeeeeesh. Can't tell if I love or hate this thing!

Gonna need a gif of Optimus just staring.
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Commercial (1488165)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:54pm CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:Also, did Bumblbee get a remolded head to resemble the G1 toy? What was the point of that? :-?
The Hasbro market got that toy too.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

We all did, it's to add to the kawaii factor. :HALUC:
It's like Disney/Pixar's Cars. :P
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Commercial (1488232)
Posted by jON3.0 on May 18th, 2013 @ 1:25am CDT
Yay! I DID find something newsworthy! :D
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Commercial (1488263)
Posted by KNM2012 on May 18th, 2013 @ 6:31am CDT
Quite honestly, I love TOMY. But because I am selling a chunk of my collection in hopes of getting my Fort Max graded, I cannot even spend the time to look at these... Because then I'd be compelled to add a few things in what is supposed to be my more-focused collection! :sad:
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Commercial (1488266)
Posted by RhA on May 18th, 2013 @ 6:43am CDT
Speaking of Fort Max... How would these guys look on my Max? They're about the right size. I know. We need Chromedome, Hardhead, Highbrow and Brainstorm in the line.

Do it, Tomy. DO IT.
Re: Takara Tomy BeCool Commercial (1488898)
Posted by gothsaurus on May 20th, 2013 @ 9:24am CDT
Have any of these shown up for preorder anywhere? I gave a quick search and didn't see them at any of the usual stores. >:oP

Ending Soon On eBay

Onslaught Silverbolt Powerglide Stormcloud Universe Ultra Transformers Hasbro - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 57 minutes 43 seconds
☀️ Transformers Armada MINI-CON SEA TEAM Waterlog Oceanglide Stormcloud - Time Remaining: 5 days 11 hours 42 minutes 52 seconds
Htf MASTERPIECE MP-04 Transformers Autobot PROWL Sdcc TRU Exclusive - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 12 seconds
Transformers G1 ~ Whirl ~ Vintage Takara 1985 Hasbro ~ NICE ~ Autobot Bandai - Time Remaining: 5 days 3 hours 32 minutes 21 seconds
RARE Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heros Medix - The Doc-Bot Figure b4 - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 2 minutes 48 seconds
Countdown Darkwind Toys"R"Us TRU Exclusive Universe Ultra Transformers Hasbro - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 49 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers G1 Takara Reissue e-HOBBY #77 Detritus - Time Remaining: 5 days 2 hours 23 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers G1 Takara Reissue e-HOBBY #91 New Year Special Red Alert - Time Remaining: 4 days 11 hours 8 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016