Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator In-Package Images

Wednesday, January 9th, 2013 1:58PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 17,407

Takara Tomy's Encore 20A Anime Devastator is just around the corner, and we have our first in-hand images courtesy of ACToys. This set features a new more cartoon accurate head sculpt, black forearms pieces, and a purple drum for Mixmaster. Images mirrored below.

Credit(s): ACToys

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator In-Package Images (1453451)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 9th, 2013 @ 2:05pm CST
I've only waited 25 years for that purple mixer Mixmaster!! Finally.
Re: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator In-Package Images (1453457)
Posted by alldarker on January 9th, 2013 @ 2:17pm CST
Oh yes... THAT's the one I want (unfortunately, considering I have a perfectly good original version).
Re: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator In-Package Images (1453461)
Posted by F Prime on January 9th, 2013 @ 2:26pm CST
Is it just me or does Devastator look really happy in the close-up shot of his head?
Re: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator In-Package Images (1453462)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 9th, 2013 @ 2:28pm CST
He must have multiple-personality disorder. He's all screaming and yelling in one version... and grinning mildly in another.
Re: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator In-Package Images (1453464)
Posted by RhA on January 9th, 2013 @ 2:30pm CST
I want this. I´m going to buy this. It´s decided.
Re: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator In-Package Images (1453471)
Posted by dedcat on January 9th, 2013 @ 2:47pm CST
After Giant, Hercules, Kreon, and the standard Takara re-release; not to mention copious amounts of add-on kibble - Devastator isn't allowed to have any more of my money!
Re: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator In-Package Images (1453483)
Posted by F Prime on January 9th, 2013 @ 3:09pm CST
dedcat wrote:Devastator isn't allowed to have any more of my money!

But Devastator has 10 protoforms to support and his royalties are shit.
Re: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator In-Package Images (1453498)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 9th, 2013 @ 3:33pm CST
TRUE! After this guy, I'm capped out on Devastators.
Re: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator In-Package Images (1453545)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 9th, 2013 @ 6:17pm CST
Wish we could get these reissues stateside...
Re: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator In-Package Images (1453654)
Posted by Sinnertwin on January 10th, 2013 @ 4:17am CST
Re: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator In-Package Images (1453713)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 10th, 2013 @ 9:14am CST
It would be nice if the set had both heads, but guessing it doesn't. (?)
Re: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator In-Package Images (1453769)
Posted by daimchoc on January 10th, 2013 @ 10:57am CST
c/o KapowToys' facebook page

Re: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator In-Package Images (1453793)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 10th, 2013 @ 11:38am CST
Wow. Looks good. Looks like they even nailed the color on those soft-plastic canopy bits. Bravo.
Re: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator In-Package Images (1453825)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 10th, 2013 @ 12:48pm CST
Looks nice... but I've already got my vintage Devastator and the recent reissue. So, pass for me.
Re: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator In-Package Images (1453827)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 10th, 2013 @ 12:54pm CST
Re: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator In-Package Images (1453872)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 10th, 2013 @ 3:59pm CST
gothsaurus wrote:Yeah, but don't you wanna display them in ALL THREE MODES!!?? (tempt, tempt, tempt)

But then I wouldn't have to transform them, and where's the fun in that? ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator In-Package Images (1453889)
Posted by Stormrider on January 10th, 2013 @ 4:37pm CST
It's a nice variance, but the head shouldn't be grimmicing. Is the purple/blue a little darker than the original? And is this being sold as store/retailer exclusive?
Re: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator In-Package Images (1453927)
Posted by DetoxRetox on January 10th, 2013 @ 7:18pm CST
Hmmm I may not be able to pass up on this one.
Re: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator In-Package Images (1454767)
Posted by REMINATOR on January 13th, 2013 @ 12:41pm CST
OK guys, Unicrondd had put out of the pics of Encore20A as well as Encore20 vs 20A:
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transform ... tures.html

20A really looks magnificent! I really love how they give the finish touch to those little constructicon and Devastator faces.
Re: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator In-Package Images (1455029)
Posted by Kibble on January 14th, 2013 @ 5:06pm CST
Sinnertwin wrote:I wish that they had released this version first. I really have no need for another one.

Agreed. And more than not needing another, I have zero interest in dropping another hundo-something on it. But I'll happily trade someone a MIB Encore-20 for the 20A. ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Encore 20A Devastator In-Package Images (1455067)
Posted by Stormrider on January 14th, 2013 @ 7:09pm CST
Teh colors are more yellow than I expected. No wonder why this was original mislabeled as G2 in the preorders.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok