Takara Tomy EZ-SP02 Megatron and Starscream Comparison Image

Transformers News: Takara Tomy EZ-SP02 Megatron and Starscream Comparison Image

Tuesday, November 27th, 2012 11:30AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 21,291

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

In case you were wondering about the differences in Megatron and Starscream from the recently released EZ-SP02 set and their standard EZ counterparts Takara Tomy have tweeted an image showing the four figures side by side. The EZ-SP02 Decepticon set also features a purple Vehicon, Terrorcon Cliffjumper, and Knock Out. Take a look at the comparison image mirrored below.

Takara Tomy EZ-SP02 Megatron and Starscream Comparison Image
Credit(s): Takara Tomy
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Takara Tomy EZ-SP02 Megatron and Starscream Comparison Image (1442574)
Posted by RazorSlash92 on November 27th, 2012 @ 1:47pm CST
Why is Starscream blue? Is it just the lighting, or is he 'sposed to be Thundercracker?
Re: Takara Tomy EZ-SP02 Megatron and Starscream Comparison Image (1442591)
Posted by RAcast on November 27th, 2012 @ 2:40pm CST
RazorSlash92 wrote:Why is Starscream blue? Is it just the lighting, or is he 'sposed to be Thundercracker?

Yup, it's Thundercracker.
Re: Takara Tomy EZ-SP02 Megatron and Starscream Comparison Image (1442605)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 27th, 2012 @ 3:36pm CST
RAcast wrote:
RazorSlash92 wrote:Why is Starscream blue? Is it just the lighting, or is he 'sposed to be Thundercracker?

Yup, it's Thundercracker.


Nope, he's Starscream. Just checked the image of the boxback.
Re: Takara Tomy EZ-SP02 Megatron and Starscream Comparison Image (1442611)
Posted by RAcast on November 27th, 2012 @ 4:25pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
RAcast wrote:
RazorSlash92 wrote:Why is Starscream blue? Is it just the lighting, or is he 'sposed to be Thundercracker?

Yup, it's Thundercracker.


Nope, he's Starscream. Just checked the image of the boxback.

Really? o_O Could've sworn it was announced as TC.
Re: Takara Tomy EZ-SP02 Megatron and Starscream Comparison Image (1442666)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 28th, 2012 @ 12:26am CST
That's one of the reason I dont collect Thundercracker. So many times, it's just Blue Screamers.
Re: Takara Tomy EZ-SP02 Megatron and Starscream Comparison Image (1442678)
Posted by Anonymous on November 28th, 2012 @ 2:52am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:That's one of the reason I dont collect Thundercracker. So many times, it's just Blue Screamers.


That's like saying you don't collect Skywarp because he's a black Starscream. ;) Aren't they all a repaint of Screamer in some way,shape or form? :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy EZ-SP02 Megatron and Starscream Comparison Image (1442719)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 28th, 2012 @ 10:34am CST
Breakdown 2099 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:That's one of the reason I dont collect Thundercracker. So many times, it's just Blue Screamers.


That's like saying you don't collect Skywarp because he's a black Starscream. ;) Aren't they all a repaint of Screamer in some way,shape or form? :lol:


There have been exceptions:

- Universe 2003 Skywarp, repaint of BM Jetstorm
- Cybertron Thundercracker, his own mold. He did get repainted into a Skywarp however.
- Titanium 6 inch Thundercracker, who was repainted into Starscream, the reverse of the norm.
Re: Takara Tomy EZ-SP02 Megatron and Starscream Comparison Image (1442848)
Posted by Anonymous on November 29th, 2012 @ 5:11am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Breakdown 2099 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:That's one of the reason I dont collect Thundercracker. So many times, it's just Blue Screamers.


That's like saying you don't collect Skywarp because he's a black Starscream. ;) Aren't they all a repaint of Screamer in some way,shape or form? :lol:


There have been exceptions:

- Universe 2003 Skywarp, repaint of BM Jetstorm
- Cybertron Thundercracker, his own mold. He did get repainted into a Skywarp however.
- Titanium 6 inch Thundercracker, who was repainted into Starscream, the reverse of the norm.


Interesting :-? Screamer being one of my favourites, I would've thought the others would be based on him. There you go!
Re: Takara Tomy EZ-SP02 Megatron and Starscream Comparison Image (1442849)
Posted by Anonymous on November 29th, 2012 @ 5:12am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Breakdown 2099 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:That's one of the reason I dont collect Thundercracker. So many times, it's just Blue Screamers.


That's like saying you don't collect Skywarp because he's a black Starscream. ;) Aren't they all a repaint of Screamer in some way,shape or form? :lol:


There have been exceptions:

- Universe 2003 Skywarp, repaint of BM Jetstorm
- Cybertron Thundercracker, his own mold. He did get repainted into a Skywarp however.
- Titanium 6 inch Thundercracker, who was repainted into Starscream, the reverse of the norm.


Interesting :-? Screamer being one of my favourites, I would've thought that he would be the one the others would be based off. There you go!
Re: Takara Tomy EZ-SP02 Megatron and Starscream Comparison Image (1443278)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on November 30th, 2012 @ 5:26pm CST
Well, the true reasons behind collecting very, very few Starscream repaints is because:

1) Starscream is awesome and is a key character.

2) Money. So many TF to buy. I will not buy the very same molds in double, triple, on infiniple because there's too much other TFs to buy...

3)...and even if I would have more money, I'll need more space to display them all. I'm already running out of space with just Starscream, Optimus Prime, and all the rest.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Collectors Club 2014 Figure Subscription 2.0 Fisitron Unopened New - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 33 minutes 14 seconds
transformers collectors club fisitron - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 50 minutes 26 seconds
TRANSFORMERS COLLECTORS CLUB Jackpot TFCC Timelines Sealed Autobot Decepticon - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 29 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Collectors Club TFCC 1.0 Scourge Nemesis Prime MIB UNUSED - Time Remaining: 6 days 6 hours 9 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Timelines TCC TFSS 2.0 Rewind Eject - Time Remaining: 9 days 1 hour 12 minutes 54 seconds
HASBRO--TRANSFORMERS TIMELINES--FISITRON FIGURE (LOOK) CLUB EXCLUSIVE - Time Remaining: 9 days 7 hours 20 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers TFCC Club Exclusive Scourge 2013 TFSS MIB Unused - Time Remaining: 10 days 3 hours 4 minutes 36 seconds
HASBRO--TRANSFORMERS TIMELINES--CIRCUIT FIGURE (LOOK) CLUB EXCLUSIVE - Time Remaining: 10 days 5 hours 30 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #163 - Through The Space Hole
Twincast / Podcast #163:
"Through The Space Hole"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, January 7th, 2017
Website Security Test