Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Takara Tomy Masterpiece Fan's Choice Poll Voting Extended to September 6th

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Fan's Choice Poll Voting Extended to September 6th

Monday, August 26th, 2013 2:13PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 23,951

Quick update on Takara Tomy's Masterpiece Fan's Choice poll, the deadline for voting has been extended until September 6th. Fans can vote for the following to receive the Masterpiece treatment as part of the Transformers 30th Anniversary celebration.

• Fortress Maximus (G1)
  • God Ginrai/Powermaster Prime (G1)
  • Star Saber (Transformers: Victory)
  • Dai Atlas (Transformers: Zone)
  • Optimus Primal (Beast Wars)
  • Lio Convoy (Beast Wars II)
  • Big Convoy (Beast Wars Neo)
  • Fire Convoy (Car Robots)
  • Optimus Prime (Armada)
  • Optimus Prime (Energon)
  • Galaxy Convoy (Galaxy Force)

Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images

Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images

Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images

Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images

Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images

Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images

Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images

Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images

Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images

Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images

Re: Tokyo Toy Show Images
Credit(s): Takara Tomy
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Fan's Choice Poll Voting Extended to September 6th (1514100)
Posted by Metrosuplex on August 26th, 2013 @ 2:53pm CDT
I wonder if Fort Max wins... will the Encore edition drop in value like a brick? :lol: I get there are markets for both, but I can't imagine any collector buying both (or keeping both, assuming the MP is as massive).

I'd love to see Fort Max with actual poseability... but if I had to choose a Titan, I'd prefer Metroplex or Trypticon. :roll:

I'm on board for any of those choices (save the most recent Optimus releases). It'd be nice to get a larger scale MP (like Fort Max), just to get a proper playset that might work well with deluxes! I'd also love to see the astronomical asking price, and bleed-you-dead eBay prices! :lol: $500 seem reasonable, or would MP Fort Max go for more? :shock:
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Fan's Choice Poll Voting Extended to September 6th (1514114)
Posted by EagleTron on August 26th, 2013 @ 4:35pm CDT
1: The red fire truck Optimus (rid Optimus)
2: The elefant Mamoth Optimus.
3: The other Optimus with the trailer not the cybertionain one: #2: Powermaster prime.
4: Fortress Max for Under 400 $.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Fan's Choice Poll Voting Extended to September 6th (1514120)
Posted by EagleTron on August 26th, 2013 @ 4:53pm CDT
When this poll first came out I know I had said that I wanted them to do only the beast figures and the Red fire truck Optimus but things have changed since then. Since I got that Awesome MMC not-Predaking on preorder i only want Takara to do that Elefant Optimus and still the rid Optimus.
In addition, I wouldn't mind them doing Fotmax since Hasbro's new titan metroplex didn't turn out bad and I think that Takara can do even better with one lf those huge figures they just have to make it so that it doesn't cost no more than 425 $ American dollars.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Fan's Choice Poll Voting Extended to September 6th (1514137)
Posted by dragons on August 26th, 2013 @ 6:03pm CDT
In this order like to see
Fort maximums mostly for big size he will be

Headmaster prime

Armada prime

Rid prime

Mamath prime

Energon prime

Cybertron prime
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Fan's Choice Poll Voting Extended to September 6th (1514154)
Posted by Ultra Markus on August 26th, 2013 @ 7:34pm CDT
they need to keep the masterpieces within G1 first before
anything else!!
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Fan's Choice Poll Voting Extended to September 6th (1514176)
Posted by TulioDude on August 26th, 2013 @ 9:58pm CDT
How does one vote?Or its exclusive to the japanese people?I forgotten :oops:
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Fan's Choice Poll Voting Extended to September 6th (1514179)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 26th, 2013 @ 10:18pm CDT
El Duque wrote:God Ginrai/Powermaster Prime (G1)
Super Ginrai (Masterforce)

El Duque wrote:Optimus Primal (Beast Wars)
Convoy (Beast Wars)

El Duque wrote:Optimus Prime (Armada)
Convoy (Legend of the Microns)

El Duque wrote:Optimus Prime (Energon)
Grand Convoy (Super Link)

Just being little ol' me. :-B

TulioDude wrote:How does one vote?Or its exclusive to the japanese people?I forgotten :oops:
First, print out the postcard included in the PDF file link. Then, fill out the four boxes on the postcard with the necessary information. The first box is for your age, the second box is for your gender, the third box is for which of the 11 nominees you wish to vote on, and the fourth box is for the Robot Points to be pasted/glued onto the card.

The way to get these Robot Points is to purchase any Japanese Generations, Go!, or GT toys, cut the Robot Points out of the toys' packaging, and then glue the points onto the postcard. One Generations "TG Point" is worth three votes for the desired nominee, one Go! "Go Point" is also worth three votes, and one "GT Point" is worth just one vote. Additional Robot Points were also given out by TakaraTomy at the Tokyo Toy Show 2013 to those who attended it, as "Toy Show Points", which are also worth one vote each.

Once your Robot Points are glued onto the postcard, and all info entered into the postcard, you must mail the postcard to the address given on the Vote Page (in the golden-bordered text box). All postcard entries must be submitted by the deadline. :D
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Fan's Choice Poll Voting Extended to September 6th (1514185)
Posted by TulioDude on August 26th, 2013 @ 10:36pm CDT
Thanks Sabrblade.Sending it to Japan is already kinda difficult,but having to buy Japanese figure to get the points?I'm afraid I can't do that right now.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Fan's Choice Poll Voting Extended to September 6th (1514210)
Posted by Dead Metal on August 27th, 2013 @ 1:42am CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:they need to keep the masterpieces within G1 first before
anything else!!

You come a couple years too late since Masterpiece has already had spinoffs in the form of
Masterpiece - Brave
Masterpiece - Movie

So if they do make Beast Wars Primal, it will likely be Masterpiece Beast Wars, with the cool abbreviation of MP-BW 01.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Fan's Choice Poll Voting Extended to September 6th (1514262)
Posted by Delta Magnus on August 27th, 2013 @ 11:10am CDT
I'm gonna be honest, but I'd quite like to see Armada Prime given a Masterpiece toy. The original Super class toy looked good, with a cool looking robot mode and an awesome vehicle mode (along with possibly my favourite Prime trailer ever) but poor articulation and a terrible "super" mode. There was the much better articulated Deluxe class figure, but it was so damn small.

Myself I'd be happy if they left out the "super" mode and just stuck to making a great robot mode and a cool trailer. Of course, if they can do the super mode without compromising the main robot and avoiding the hollow static block legs of the original, then they should do it.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece Fan's Choice Poll Voting Extended to September 6th (1514306)
Posted by xyl360 on August 27th, 2013 @ 5:33pm CDT
I'm still hoping for Big Convoy, Lio Convoy or Optimus Primal (in that order). Any of the three would be an instant buy for me along with any number of repaints they did of them (Beast Wars figures are the ONLY ones I'm likely to say that about :P).
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction