Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl News: Image of Collector's Coin

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl News: Image of Collector's Coin

Tuesday, September 3rd, 2013 10:36AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 11,213

What a nice surprise to wake up to in the morning! TransformersAsia has shared an image of the collector's coin that will come packaged with the highly anticipated Masterpiece Prowl figure. Aptly, the coin resembles the badge of a law enforcer. Image are below.

Get this special design exclusive commemorative coin free when purchase “Masterpiece MP-17 ”Prowl" at selected stores in Asia, while supplies Last !

Masterpiece Prowl News: Images of Collector's Coin[/url]
Credit(s): Transformers Aisa
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl News: Image of Collector's Coin (1515526)
Posted by Suz on September 3rd, 2013 @ 11:06am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:Yeah, 84-Prowl was a rather sophisticated toy in its day, but very brittle. He also broke in half.

I like the new pic.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl News: Image of Collector's Coin (1515556)
Posted by Cyberpath on September 3rd, 2013 @ 1:02pm CDT
Suz wrote:He did? I remember Mirage always breaking in half. I remember Prowl, Bluestreak, & Smokescreen's roof and rear windows breaking.

And the wings... Poor guy.

Oh well, the MP-17 is coming soon!
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl News: Image of Collector's Coin (1515679)
Posted by ScottyP on September 3rd, 2013 @ 10:21pm CDT

So for those of you with HLJ preorders as well, are we expecting any day now?!
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl News: Image of Collector's Coin (1515759)
Posted by Cyberpath on September 4th, 2013 @ 7:58am CDT
ScottyP wrote:Never ever had an issue with a G1 Datsun breaking. Several friends had them too, back in the day, and no problems either. Guess it's all luck!

So for those of you with HLJ preorders as well, are we expecting any day now?!
Apparently Prowl was pushed back to Sep 28, and Bluestreak to Oct 26.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl News: Image of Collector's Coin (1515793)
Posted by mooncake623 on September 4th, 2013 @ 11:28am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:

So for those of you with HLJ preorders as well, are we expecting any day now?!
Apparently Prowl was pushed back to Sep 28, and Bluestreak to Oct 26.

I have my perorders with HLJ. When was it announced that it was pushed back?
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl News: Image of Collector's Coin (1515855)
Posted by Cyberpath on September 4th, 2013 @ 4:33pm CDT
Cyberpath wrote:Apparently Prowl was pushed back to Sep 28, and Bluestreak to Oct 26.

mooncake623 wrote:I have my perorders with HLJ. When was it announced that it was pushed back?

Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl News: Image of Collector's Coin (1516937)
Posted by El Duque on September 10th, 2013 @ 7:42am CDT

Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl News: Image of Collector's Coin (1516938)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 10th, 2013 @ 7:52am CDT
I like how they positioned the shoulder cannons on each show-accurately, with Prowl being the only one with no cannons deployed. :D
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl News: Image of Collector's Coin (1516950)
Posted by megatronus on September 10th, 2013 @ 9:19am CDT
The suspense is actually killing me.

Who's left for the '84 lineup?
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl News: Image of Collector's Coin (1516952)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 10th, 2013 @ 9:35am CDT
megatronus wrote:The suspense is actually killing me.

Who's left for the '84 lineup?
Hound
Ironhide
Jazz
Ligier (Mirage)
Ratchet
Sunstreaker
Trailbreaker

Cliff (Cliffjumper)
Gong (Brawn)
Gears
Charger (Windcharger)
Drag (Huffer)

A smaller Megatron

Bumble (Bumblebee) and Wheeljack are already confirmed.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl News: Image of Collector's Coin (1516953)
Posted by Craver2707 on September 10th, 2013 @ 9:41am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:The suspense is actually killing me.

Who's left for the '84 lineup?
Hound
Ironhide
Jazz
Ligier (Mirage)
Ratchet
Sunstreaker
Trailbreaker

Cliff (Cliffjumper)
Gong (Brawn)
Gears
Charger (Windcharger)
Drag (Huffer)

A smaller Megatron

Bumble (Bumblebee) and Wheeljack are already confirmed.

I just wonder, if and when, they get to Hound if he'll be a Wrangler or a Willys. Or if they even mess with him considering the level of awesome that the Binaltech was.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl News: Image of Collector's Coin (1516954)
Posted by megatronus on September 10th, 2013 @ 9:49am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Hound
Ironhide
Jazz
Ligier (Mirage)
Ratchet
Sunstreaker
Trailbreaker

Cliff (Cliffjumper)
Gong (Brawn)
Gears
Charger (Windcharger)
Drag (Huffer)
Thanks! This is a great list to have.

Sabrblade wrote:A smaller Megatron
No Shockwave or Reflector? :-?

Sabrblade wrote:Bumble (Bumblebee) and Wheeljack are already confirmed.
I preordered these guys the very day preorders were posted. Huzzah!
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl News: Image of Collector's Coin (1516955)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 10th, 2013 @ 9:56am CDT
megatronus wrote:No Shockwave or Reflector? :-?
They weren't toys released in 1984.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl News: Image of Collector's Coin (1516956)
Posted by megatronus on September 10th, 2013 @ 10:00am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:No Shockwave or Reflector? :-?
They weren't toys released in 1984.

Ahhh - I see the confusion. When I say '84 lineup, I'm generally referring to the cartoon.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl News: Image of Collector's Coin (1516958)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 10th, 2013 @ 10:06am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:No Shockwave or Reflector? :-?
They weren't toys released in 1984.

Reflector was released in the first year in Japan, 1985. The US had to wait another year :P
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl News: Image of Collector's Coin (1516959)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 10th, 2013 @ 10:08am CDT
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:No Shockwave or Reflector? :-?
They weren't toys released in 1984.

Well, they weren't in the '84 comics, either (which were the first TF fiction ever, coming in before, and even outliving, the cartoon).

Or at least, they weren't part of the main story in the '84 comics (any appearances by them were just nameless background filler or, in Shockwave's case, a cameo lead-in to the 1985 comics)
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl News: Image of Collector's Coin (1516960)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 10th, 2013 @ 10:09am CDT
Craver2707 wrote:

Mitsubishi would be most accurate. ;) G1 accuracy is the name of the game, so I'm sure he'd be even better than the Alt/BT mold.

These figures are looking so good, can't wait. Looks like the paint issue on Streak's crest has been fixed too, so that's nice.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl News: Image of Collector's Coin (1516962)
Posted by megatronus on September 10th, 2013 @ 10:13am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
megatronus wrote:No Shockwave or Reflector? :-?
They weren't toys released in 1984.

Not a reader of the original comics. I read Autocracy and liked it, and hear MTME is amazing, so I ordered all the trade paperbacks of that series (and have the Monstrocity TP on preorder).

As seminal/pivotal as the comics are, I'm an animation guy through and through (which would make sense - I was born in '87, and watched Transformers reruns/video tapes until Beast Wars came out). Sometimes I forget people got into this hobby through other mediums. ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl News: Image of Collector's Coin (1516978)
Posted by Cyberpath on September 10th, 2013 @ 12:10pm CDT
El Duque wrote:Takara Tomy staff designer Shogo Hasui has tweeted an image of their upcoming Transformers Masterpiece Nissan trio MP-17 Prowl, MP-18 Bluestreak, MP-19 Smokescreen. Prowl is due out late this month, followed by Bluestreak in October, and Smokescreen in December. Check out the image below.

Beautiful work.

This is how a robot that transforms into a car should look like -- handsome, proportional, heroic, with distinct features.

And the fact that they are based on actual cars makes it even better.
Re: Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-17 Prowl News: Image of Collector's Coin (1516990)
Posted by xyl360 on September 10th, 2013 @ 2:05pm CDT
Sexy. I cannot wait until I get my paws on them, especially Smokescreen :D!

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #142 - Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One
"Botcon 2016 Part 3: The Last One"
Posted: Sunday, April 17th, 2016