Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Armored Knight Optimus Prime Prototype Image

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Armored Knight Optimus Prime Prototype Image

Saturday, August 2nd, 2014 8:45AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 40,443

Courtesy of the HKGTF Facebook page, we get out first prototype glimpse of the Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line AD31 Leader Class Armored Knight Optimus Prime, showing off which parts will be modified from AD01 for the release, including head, arms, chest and feet. We can also report that the figure will feature new weapons, and the new head will allow a mask/unmask gimmick without. Check out the mirrored image below!

Credit(s): HKGTF
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Armored Knight Optimus Prime Prototype Image (1595888)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 2nd, 2014 @ 8:49am CDT
So the backpack remains intact? Ok... *hides in her fan rage-proof bunker*
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Armored Knight Optimus Prime Prototype Image (1595889)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 2nd, 2014 @ 9:08am CDT
Oh snap, this could be the first movie-accurate version of the Leader mold, since all other releases of it had a chest based on concept art rather than based on the movie's CGI model.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Armored Knight Optimus Prime Prototype Image (1595894)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 2nd, 2014 @ 9:18am CDT
TAKARA, Y U NO REWORK BACKPACK?

...

Still, if the price is relatively reasonable and the final figure is incredible, I may buy it.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Armored Knight Optimus Prime Prototype Image (1595896)
Posted by Delta Magnus on August 2nd, 2014 @ 9:22am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:TAKARA, Y U NO REWORK BACKPACK?

Probably to avoid the backpack being a floppy mess of hinges and panels. From what I've seen, Prime's backpack is very thin, and it would probably need completely re-engineering from scratch to get it to compress better.

Still, there's always a chance a 3rd party company might release a replacement backpack that folds up better (WITHOUT partsforming, please) like they did for ROTF Prime's hands and swords.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Armored Knight Optimus Prime Prototype Image (1595901)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 2nd, 2014 @ 9:45am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Armored Knight Optimus Prime Prototype Image (1595902)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 2nd, 2014 @ 9:47am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:I'll keep waiting until they make a nice voyager version of "Knight" Optimus Prime. It's probably too much to hope for, but if they struck gold once with Battle Blades Optimus Prime, I believe they can do it again.
At this point, Battle Command Optimus Prime looks to be out best bet for that.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Armored Knight Optimus Prime Prototype Image (1595907)
Posted by Seibertron on August 2nd, 2014 @ 11:01am CDT

They basically did with a Voyager version with trailer in Japan. Entirely new mold!

Transformers Lost Age LA01 Battle Command Optimus Prime

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Armored Knight Optimus Prime Prototype Image (1595908)
Posted by Seibertron on August 2nd, 2014 @ 11:04am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
At this point, Battle Command Optimus Prime looks to be out best bet for that.

Didn't see your post ... beat me to my reply above!
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Armored Knight Optimus Prime Prototype Image (1595909)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 2nd, 2014 @ 11:06am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
At this point, Battle Command Optimus Prime looks to be out best bet for that.

If you can get over his simple transformation (basically turning him inside-out) I suppose he could work. :D
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Armored Knight Optimus Prime Prototype Image (1595910)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on August 2nd, 2014 @ 11:06am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Armored Knight Optimus Prime Prototype Image (1595912)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 2nd, 2014 @ 11:09am CDT
BERSEKAEL wrote:They should try a toy for collectors, at least 1... I beleive will sell more than all the previous crap, include this new backpack.
These toys are for collectors.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Armored Knight Optimus Prime Prototype Image (1595913)
Posted by Seibertron on August 2nd, 2014 @ 11:09am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
These toys are for collectors.

You know what he means ...
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Armored Knight Optimus Prime Prototype Image (1595920)
Posted by Spider5800 on August 2nd, 2014 @ 12:02pm CDT
The problem with Battle Command OP is he has WAY to much leg and butt kibble. His bottom half appears to stick out like two inches behind his body. That kinda makes sense if you're using him with the trailer wings, since that adds more stability, but if you intend to show him off like he appeared in the movie without the wings, he looks kind of ridiculous.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Armored Knight Optimus Prime Prototype Image (1595924)
Posted by wilcosu35 on August 2nd, 2014 @ 12:18pm CDT
i really can't get enthusiastic about all the optimuses. they don't measure up to rotf buster prime, and certainly not with all those different deco's. i'd rather like to see some pictures of takara's Slog
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Armored Knight Optimus Prime Prototype Image (1596058)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 2nd, 2014 @ 10:31pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
At this point, Battle Command Optimus Prime looks to be out best bet for that.

Yeah, that's the sticking point. I'd prefer much better and am willing to wait. Battle Command Optimus Prime just has way, way too much back kibble. Some is okay, understandable, but that's just...crossing the line for my tastes.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Armored Knight Optimus Prime Prototype Image (1596093)
Posted by noctorro on August 3rd, 2014 @ 2:33am CDT
wilcosu35 wrote:i really can't get enthusiastic about all the optimuses. they don't measure up to rotf buster prime

No version of Knight Prime will measure up to ROTF optimus.
Have you seen the movie? There's practically no truck stuff in his robot mode.
+ the new (great in my opinion) Hasbro idea to make the transformations a bit more simple.
Those two factors make it impossible.

Still, I was excited about Command Optimus untill I saw the video review with the giant back kibble. I can get over the lower legs bit, but the backpack is kind of killing the figure.

Hopefully Hasbro will also make a voyager Knight Prime.
I think it's a good idea for the main dudes to be voyager sized, have Grimlock be bigger and stick to that. Lockdown is smaller in the movie (That almost never happens, that the villain is smaller than the hero, name one) so deluxe vs voyager looks better than deluxe vs Leader (Ultra-ish Leader).

But I think I'll get Command Optimus, because I can't resist a voyager Knight Prime, eventhough I already have the Leader class figure. He's so awesome :)
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Armored Knight Optimus Prime Prototype Image (1596095)
Posted by wilcosu35 on August 3rd, 2014 @ 2:42am CDT
noctorro wrote:

No version of Knight Prime will measure up to ROTF optimus.
Have you seen the movie? There's practically no truck stuff in his robot mode.
Those two factors make it impossible.

Hopefully Hasbro will also make a voyager Knight Prime.

i have rotf buster optimus, and none of them from this movie measure up to that toy. they're so incredibly kibble-tastic.
i've seen the movie and it is true that there are no vehicle parts to be found on the bot mode, but i think they could have tried a bit harder to integrate the stuff in to his body. i think they did quite well with leader sentinel prime.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Armored Knight Optimus Prime Prototype Image (1596098)
Posted by noctorro on August 3rd, 2014 @ 3:00am CDT
Very true, I have Buster v2 (with mouthplate) and he's a work of art. Masterpiece quality.
But I also love how they did Evasion Prime. Looks so good in robot mode, no kibble whatsoever and he has an altmode that also looks great.

So they can do great things, in this line as well.
Hopefully they'll put more effort as you say in the next version of Prime.
I'm pretty sure there will be atleast one more version of him.
Takara is already upgrading the Leader.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Armored Knight Optimus Prime Prototype Image (1596162)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on August 3rd, 2014 @ 10:42am CDT
This OP looks good so far so c'mon Takara, don't go cleaning out our wallets too much! :P :VEHI:
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Armored Knight Optimus Prime Prototype Image (1596201)
Posted by TulioDude on August 3rd, 2014 @ 1:46pm CDT
noctorro wrote:

Sorry,but I'm dont understand which Optimus you think its awesome,Command Opitimus or the LEader Class one?

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #144 - Don't Touch That Dial