Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime

Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 6:05PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 24,744

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Seibertron sponsor TFSource dropped us a line about a new figure in the Takara Tomy Lost Age Movie Advanced line. AD31 is Ultimate Power Mode Optimus Prime which looks to be a retooled version of Age of Extinction Leader Class Optimus Prime. The images are placeholders only.

TFSource wrote:Note: Color is not black as shown which is misleading, but it is the image Takara provided, instead this piece features additional metallic paint apps and/or chromed parts and details, unique to this piece. Takara is just using this image as a placeholder before they reveal the final pictures!

This Japan version of Optimus Prime features an updated head sculpt, and remolded body parts, as well as the face mask can be removed easily. There are bonus weapons, and the color is not black as shown but features metallic paint apps and/or chromed parts and attention to detail. It is assumed to be the regular Optimus Color scheme. Note: Details are subject to change, updated images to come.

Set for a November release date, preorders up for $79.95 at TFSource here:

Transformers 4 - Lost Age - AD31 - Ultimate Power Mode Optimus Prime


Transformers News: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime
Credit(s): TFSource
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime (1588867)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 8th, 2014 @ 6:08pm CDT
Huh, most curious. Wonder what this could be. :-?
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime (1588875)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on July 8th, 2014 @ 6:35pm CDT
im listening. im also listening for a possible hasbro release.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime (1588877)
Posted by Observedhalo on July 8th, 2014 @ 6:39pm CDT
Maybe the Toy wizards at Takara found a way to reduce his backpack. If so, Im hoping that he has a more solid truck bed. Hes probably going to be painstakingly recolored for movie accuracy. For the weapon, I assume its going to be the rifle he used until he found his sword and shield.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime (1588897)
Posted by Siger on July 8th, 2014 @ 7:17pm CDT
Work your magic Takara, make this undesirable mold appealing enough for me to buy it!
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime (1589102)
Posted by Delta Magnus on July 9th, 2014 @ 1:01pm CDT
Having seen Vangelus's review I'm actually quite taken with this mold. Seeing Takara work their engineering genius on it could prompt me to buy it.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime (1589138)
Posted by Fifo on July 9th, 2014 @ 2:38pm CDT
There are only three significant i.e. named villainous Transformers in Age of Extinction, the least they could do is give them all a proper action figure. I hope Stinger gets a Deluxe release.

Would it have killed them to make Galvatron Leader Class?

Snarl looks great, but I don't really recall seeing him in the film, whereas Stinger featured heavily.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime (1589159)
Posted by Observedhalo on July 9th, 2014 @ 3:11pm CDT
Fifo wrote:There are only three significant i.e. named villainous Transformers in Age of Extinction, the least they could do is give them all a proper action figure. I hope Stinger gets a Deluxe release.

Would it have killed them to make Galvatron Leader Class?

Snarl looks great, but I don't really recall seeing him in the film, whereas Stinger featured heavily.


Galvatron wouldn't really have been workable as a Leader Class. People don't like backpacks. I've heard rumors floating around that Stinger is going to be a re-shell of 2014 Concept Bumblebee with a new head, and that more will be shown at comic con.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime (1589208)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on July 9th, 2014 @ 5:12pm CDT
the worst prime mold ive ever seen........i bought one like a moron and returned it that day.

hasbro and takara have dropped the ball on this prime big time! :HEADHURTS:
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime (1589255)
Posted by Madeus Prime on July 9th, 2014 @ 8:46pm CDT
Observedhalo wrote:
Fifo wrote:There are only three significant i.e. named villainous Transformers in Age of Extinction, the least they could do is give them all a proper action figure. I hope Stinger gets a Deluxe release.

Would it have killed them to make Galvatron Leader Class?

Snarl looks great, but I don't really recall seeing him in the film, whereas Stinger featured heavily.


Galvatron wouldn't really have been workable as a Leader Class. People don't like backpacks. I've heard rumors floating around that Stinger is going to be a re-shell of 2014 Concept Bumblebee with a new head, and that more will be shown at comic con.


Fifo, Snarl was never in the movie. ;)

And my guess is they won't remold Stinger's head:





Their battlemasks/faces are the same.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime (1589309)
Posted by Spider5800 on July 10th, 2014 @ 1:03am CDT
Madeus Prime wrote:
Observedhalo wrote:
Fifo wrote:There are only three significant i.e. named villainous Transformers in Age of Extinction, the least they could do is give them all a proper action figure. I hope Stinger gets a Deluxe release.

Would it have killed them to make Galvatron Leader Class?

Snarl looks great, but I don't really recall seeing him in the film, whereas Stinger featured heavily.


Galvatron wouldn't really have been workable as a Leader Class. People don't like backpacks. I've heard rumors floating around that Stinger is going to be a re-shell of 2014 Concept Bumblebee with a new head, and that more will be shown at comic con.


Fifo, Snarl was never in the movie. ;)

And my guess is they won't remold Stinger's head:





Their battlemasks/faces are the same.


Sure, their battlemasks are the same, but Bumblebee's toy only uses his face, not the battlemask. It would have to be a remolded head, since we never see a "face" for Stinger.



Hasbro would probably then use that new head to make a "battle mode" version of Bumblebee, lol.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime (1589347)
Posted by Peridot on July 10th, 2014 @ 5:51am CDT
Spider5800 wrote:
Madeus Prime wrote:
Observedhalo wrote:
Fifo wrote:There are only three significant i.e. named villainous Transformers in Age of Extinction, the least they could do is give them all a proper action figure. I hope Stinger gets a Deluxe release.

Would it have killed them to make Galvatron Leader Class?

Snarl looks great, but I don't really recall seeing him in the film, whereas Stinger featured heavily.


Galvatron wouldn't really have been workable as a Leader Class. People don't like backpacks. I've heard rumors floating around that Stinger is going to be a re-shell of 2014 Concept Bumblebee with a new head, and that more will be shown at comic con.


Fifo, Snarl was never in the movie. ;)

And my guess is they won't remold Stinger's head:





Their battlemasks/faces are the same.


Sure, their battlemasks are the same, but Bumblebee's toy only uses his face, not the battlemask. It would have to be a remolded head, since we never see a "face" for Stinger.



Hasbro would probably then use that new head to make a "battle mode" version of Bumblebee, lol.

Bumblebee already has a flip-out battle mask, though. Hasbro might still retool it, because Stinger never disengaged his mask in the movie.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime (1589371)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 10th, 2014 @ 8:10am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime (1589471)
Posted by Spider5800 on July 10th, 2014 @ 11:45am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:



LOL, is that really his battle mask? That looks very little like the movie. I sure HOPE they retool that for Stinger. It should cover his whole face.

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime (1589690)
Posted by Peridot on July 11th, 2014 @ 5:32am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

What the heck, Hasbro? That doesn't look like a battle mask, it looks like Bumblebee's wearing shades.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime (1589748)
Posted by CarWrapKid on July 11th, 2014 @ 11:30am CDT
[quote]ObservedHalo wrote:
Galvatron wouldn't really have been workable as a Leader Class. People don't like backpacks. I've heard rumors floating around that Stinger is going to be a re-shell of 2014 Concept Bumblebee with a new head, and that more will be shown at comic con.[/quote]
I disagree. Even with the super-simplified transformations, they could have worked out a solution to hide the backpack/truck panels inside his limbs and chest. Just look at the Voyager Optimus Prime. Heck, even the Voyager Galvatron wasn't that far off, it was just flat from the back with kibble. If they spent their attention Voyager -> Leader into folding panels, it would make for a great figure I'm sure.


As for the Bumblebee mask, I'm pretty sure that picture was one of several and the mask is infact only half-pulled down his face. It does extend all the way to his chin - but it doesn't look that great regardless.

They would surely do a remold for Stinger's face. It's the most typical thing they do when re-releasing a mold, it's not difficult or anything near unusual for Hasbro to do - especially if they're going the hog to remold all the car chassis.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime (1590320)
Posted by Dr Va'al on July 13th, 2014 @ 10:10am CDT
An update to a piece of news we reported a while back, from Takara Tomy's Lost Age Movie Advanced Line Dinobot Micron Gift Campaign. The four translucent [strike]gummy dinos[/strike] Microns, named after the initial coded retailer names for the Dinobots, will be given for free as of July 19th with any purchase of 3000 Yen or more on Transformers toys at selected stores, broken down as follows:

  • Ivan - Orange Classics Terrorsaur, Toys R Us Japan exclusive;



    [/*:m]
  • Paulie - Blue Classics Swoop, Aeon exclusive. Available with the purchase of one of the three, LA-01 Battle Command Optimus Prime, AD-01 Optimus Prime or AD-20 Black Knight Grimlock;



    [/*:m]
  • Thunderlips - Purple Classics Knockdown, Joshin Kids Land exclusive;



    [/*:m]
  • Sling - Green and yellow Classics Nightscream, Edieon toy counter, Best Denki, Yamada Denki and Yodobashi Camera exclusive.

    [/*:m][/list:u]
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime (1590338)
Posted by Mkall on July 13th, 2014 @ 11:41am CDT
I would've had more interest if they weren't simply transparent plastics. If they were actually painted I might've gotten them.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime (1590349)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 13th, 2014 @ 12:13pm CDT
Mkall wrote:I would've had more interest if they weren't simply transparent plastics. If they were actually painted I might've gotten them.


Their faces seem to be painted. :)
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime (1590352)
Posted by Yweggo on July 13th, 2014 @ 12:22pm CDT
Heh, I want Thunderlips just so I can tell people "His name is Thunderlips."
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced AD31 Ultimate Mode Optimus Prime (1590381)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 13th, 2014 @ 2:41pm CDT
Sling is the only one whose name isn't from one of the Rocky movie codenames, so he's extra special. ;)

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem
Twincast / Podcast #145:
"May Mayhem"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, May 26th, 2016