Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Wave 1 High Res Images

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Wave 1 High Res Images

Friday, April 18th, 2014 9:21AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 39,534

Toys"R"Us Japan has listed pre-orders for Takara Tomy's Transformers Movie Advanced line with additional high res images. This wave is scheduled for a May release. Check out the images mirrored below:

Figures in this wave include:
  • AD01 Optimus Prime
  • AD13 Devastator
  • AD14 Jolt
  • AD15 Ratchet

Credit(s): Toys"R"Us Japan

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Wave 1 High Res Images (1566252)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 18th, 2014 @ 9:27am CDT
Same stock photos but still purdy. =P~
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Wave 1 High Res Images (1566259)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 18th, 2014 @ 9:39am CDT
Oh, Dispensor. :D

The others look nice, but not enough to drag me into importing any of the figures, were I to decide to buy them. :-?
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Wave 1 High Res Images (1566263)
Posted by T-Macksimus on April 18th, 2014 @ 9:53am CDT
Pay attention Hasbro U.S. This is how you do it. I'd go from protesting all but one of the figures in the Movie line to happily picking up not just 'Bee but Crosshairs, Not-Slag, Protoform Optimus (although I've seen better kitbash repaints but this one still rocks) and Dispensor and Devastator if the U.S. products actually looked this good. I know it's not that they can't do it, I was at Target yesterday and saw the Target exclusive Prime:BH Abominus 5-pack which kicks ass over the regular releases which are now peg-warmers. Even though I have the regular ones I was STILL tempted to spend the money on the Exclusive set. Presentation, Hasbro! Give us stuff that looks decent like in the pics. above and people WILL throw more money your way!
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Wave 1 High Res Images (1566267)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 18th, 2014 @ 9:59am CDT
I loved the hasbro evasion prime but this one is amazing. The hasbro one can go somewhere. Im getting takaras. As well as crosshairs, classic bee, the HFTD voyager prime and dispenser.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Wave 1 High Res Images (1566273)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on April 18th, 2014 @ 10:13am CDT
If only I had the money ;) Oh well, the US versions are several times cheaper, especially if I wait for a sale
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Wave 1 High Res Images (1566283)
Posted by TimothyR on April 18th, 2014 @ 10:30am CDT
T-Macksimus wrote: I was at Target yesterday and saw the Target exclusive Prime:BH Abominus 5-pack which kicks ass over the regular releases which are now peg-warmers. Even though I have the regular ones I was STILL tempted to spend the money on the Exclusive set. Presentation, Hasbro! Give us stuff that looks decent like in the pics. above and people WILL throw more money your way!

there's no one out there who wishes hasbro would step their game up more than me and wish they'd want to make money AND please their fans rather than just simply make money.

that example is pretty terrible especially since the targets, at least in my area, can't give those sets away.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Wave 1 High Res Images (1566294)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 18th, 2014 @ 10:52am CDT

Be careful about making assumptions based on your own personal experience. At my local Targets, the Abominus 5-pack has been warming shelves for months. The individually-packaged versions of the figures have been much more scarce.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Wave 1 High Res Images (1566299)
Posted by XDMan on April 18th, 2014 @ 10:57am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Wave 1 High Res Images (1566305)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 18th, 2014 @ 11:08am CDT
XDMan wrote:Uh, weren't the Dinobots supposed to be in gray and black? I was also under the impressiom of Classic Prime having the colors shown in the film...

Takara has already revealed one Dinobot (Slag) in G1-colors, and there will probably be a movie-accurate repaint of OP as well. This is just the main line figures.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Wave 1 High Res Images (1566309)
Posted by Delta Magnus on April 18th, 2014 @ 11:18am CDT
These look really good! I especially like the metallic purple on Slug, and the chrome weapons on Bumblebee look pretty nice too. Kinda gives a Microman feel.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Wave 1 High Res Images (1566326)
Posted by mattj972 on April 18th, 2014 @ 12:12pm CDT
That Bumblebee looks very nice. They all do. Very pleased with these pictures. :BOT:
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Wave 1 High Res Images (1566327)
Posted by craggy on April 18th, 2014 @ 12:30pm CDT
I like that they painted Scorn's weapon. Jeez, I didn't even have to look the name up that time, I really am liking these Movie Dinobots!
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Wave 1 High Res Images (1566328)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 18th, 2014 @ 12:41pm CDT
even takaras AoE stuff looks like crap, scorn is still the only good looking figure there. The repaints of the older stuff looks good though, especially proto prime & dispensor.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Wave 1 High Res Images (1566339)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on April 18th, 2014 @ 1:33pm CDT
I sound like a broken record but the paint jobs on those Takara bots beat Hasbro's pathetic effort hands down. It's a real shame they'll cost an arm and a leg to import.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Wave 1 High Res Images (1566358)
Posted by Downbeat on April 18th, 2014 @ 2:40pm CDT
I actually think the AoE molds look worse with the Takara decos. Grimlock doesn't even have his beast mode eyes painted.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Wave 1 High Res Images (1566375)
Posted by megatronus on April 18th, 2014 @ 4:12pm CDT
Looking forward to the Evasion Mode Optimus & Grimlock 2-pack, where OP has the faceplate.

C'moooooon HasTak, daddy needs a new Classics Prime! ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Wave 1 High Res Images (1566390)
Posted by LeL on April 18th, 2014 @ 5:00pm CDT
Protoform Optimus looks good

An Evasion Mode Optimus with a choice of decals (stickers) for shoulders eg. flames or Autobot symbols would be nice for the 30th Anniversary Generations with the shoulders and elbows in grey plastic.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Wave 1 High Res Images (1566420)
Posted by DeadCaL on April 18th, 2014 @ 7:28pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

Ah, but is it pronounced 'Scone' or 'Scon'? :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Wave 1 High Res Images (1566422)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on April 18th, 2014 @ 7:32pm CDT
Strangely, I'm kinda warming up to this version of leader class OP. While it's actually less movie-accurate than the mainline version, the fact that it doesn't "shell-form" scores some major points with me.

I still don't know why HasTak refuses to add just two more steps to the transformation and get the fuel tanks to fold the frakk up into OP's back.

Seriously not a fan of the yellow windshields either.

Evasion mode OP...I just wish he were leader class sized.

Picking up deluxe AoE Bumblebee simply because I like doing charity work. :P No, actually, I need a cheap subject to practice airbrushing on, and all that bare plastic on his bot mode is just screaming for a nice coat of Titanium silver.

After seeing Battle-blade BB and Protoform OP getting reissued, I'm hoping for a possible 2007 movieverse Arcee. Deeply regret not getting that one when I had the chance.

I might just pick up Crosshairs.
Re: Takara Tomy Movie Advanced Line Wave 1 High Res Images (1566426)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 18th, 2014 @ 7:40pm CDT
DeadCaL wrote:
El Duque wrote:

Ah, but is it pronounced 'Scone' or 'Scon'? :lol:
Google Translate fail. 8-}

Ending Soon On eBay

RAMPAGE Predacon Ex/MIB 100% Complete Vintage 1986 Transformers G1 Predaking - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 12 minutes 41 seconds
TRANSFORMERS STAMP G1 ROLLER STAMP SEEKER HASBRO 80S TOY! - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 15 minutes 59 seconds
TALKONGZHANS OPTIMUS PRIME TRANSFORMERS 4 EXTINCTION GENERATIONS LEADER FIGURE - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 45 minutes 53 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS ARMADA GALVATRON & CLENCH MINI-CON BRAND NEW IN BOX! RARE!! - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 17 minutes 35 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS ARMADA RED ALERT & LONGARM MINI-CON BRAND NEW IN BOX! - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 hours 47 minutes 33 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS ARMADA SCAVENGER & ROLLBAR MINI-CON BRAND NEW IN BOX! - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 hours 32 minutes 34 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS ARMADA STARSCREAM & SWINDLE MINI-CON BRAND NEW IN BOX! RARE! - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 hours 17 minutes 40 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE DREADWIND & SMOKEJUMPER 2-PACK NEW IN BOX - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 47 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016