Transformers News: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor In-Hand & Packaging Images

Thursday, August 23rd, 2012 9:48PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 25,324

clicccar brings us our first in-hand images of Takara Tomy's upcoming MP-12 Lambor, including a first look at the figure's packaging. The box follows in the footsteps of their previous Masterpiece releases, black and windowless with the figure prominently displayed in both modes along with the Lamborghini logo. Images mirrored below.

Credit(s): clicccar.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor In-Hand & Packaging Images (1412826)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 23rd, 2012 @ 10:09pm CDT
Wish there were some size comparison pics with a Voyager toy of some kind.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor In-Hand & Packaging Images (1412837)
Posted by wewyllenium on August 23rd, 2012 @ 10:38pm CDT
I want one :D
Legs seems hollow.
Interesting.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor In-Hand & Packaging Images (1412839)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 23rd, 2012 @ 10:42pm CDT
OMG, already?! Looks amazing. Really looking forward to this. Interesting, they still seem to have done a reasonable facsimile of an interior! I'm glad the windows are actually clear, initial pics made it seem as if they were painted black.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor In-Hand & Packaging Images (1412851)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 23rd, 2012 @ 10:57pm CDT
Autobot symbol is too big.

But otherwise I like it!... A lot!
Re: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor In-Hand & Packaging Images (1412855)
Posted by Anonymous. on August 23rd, 2012 @ 11:09pm CDT
The more the pics are coming out, the more I think that I'm buying a Lamborghini that just happens to be a Transformer.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor In-Hand & Packaging Images (1412858)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on August 23rd, 2012 @ 11:30pm CDT
Meh easy pass. Looks too simple in bot mode. While I do agree that the alt mode is pure win but the bot mode is not that interesting. Cant wait for MP-13 Soundwave to be release in December :D.

PS : On side note, I guess that would make MP-12 the simplest MP so far now instead of Grimlock xD.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor In-Hand & Packaging Images (1412865)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on August 24th, 2012 @ 12:16am CDT
This being a Masterpiece, they could have made the back kibble more compact, and used clear plastic for the tail lights.

That said, I've already pre-ordered him.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor In-Hand & Packaging Images (1412892)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 24th, 2012 @ 1:56am CDT

IMO he's still more complex than Grimlock.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor In-Hand & Packaging Images (1412896)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on August 24th, 2012 @ 2:01am CDT
I love the way the legs/feet transform.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor In-Hand & Packaging Images (1412900)
Posted by RhA on August 24th, 2012 @ 2:20am CDT
Before I jump into a consumption frenzy, I'm gonna wait and see what the plastics are. Lets's not Megatron/Rodimus/Skywarp ourselves again.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor In-Hand & Packaging Images (1412960)
Posted by autoride on August 24th, 2012 @ 8:14am CDT
That is so awesome, the car and robot modes look brilliant and so I want one :D
Re: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor In-Hand & Packaging Images (1413125)
Posted by Stormrider on August 24th, 2012 @ 4:21pm CDT
kirbenvost wrote:I'm pretty sure that back kibble is mistransformed. We've seen pictures with the side windows far more compact. I think he forgot to hinge the windows inward once more.

IMO he's still more complex than Grimlock.

Yup, a few mistranformations. I'm not seeing the interior you're referencing. Which pic?
Re: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor In-Hand & Packaging Images (1413224)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on August 24th, 2012 @ 8:21pm CDT

I sure hope so. That massive hollow roof would have received complaints even on a deluxe toy.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor In-Hand & Packaging Images (1413225)
Posted by BeastProwl on August 24th, 2012 @ 8:23pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor In-Hand & Packaging Images (1413254)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 24th, 2012 @ 10:04pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:I wish you could rotate the backpack though, that would really complete the look.
but G1 Sideswipe's animation model had his windshield where it is on this toy.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor In-Hand & Packaging Images (1413402)
Posted by BeastProwl on August 25th, 2012 @ 11:03am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
but G1 Sideswipe's animation model had his windshield where it is on this toy.

...And? You don't need to follow a model to make a good toy.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor In-Hand & Packaging Images (1413433)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on August 25th, 2012 @ 12:59pm CDT
The Lamborghini looks far Superior to the robot i'm gonna save my money for soundwave and his minions.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor In-Hand & Packaging Images (1413439)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 25th, 2012 @ 1:07pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
but G1 Sideswipe's animation model had his windshield where it is on this toy.

...And? You don't need to follow a model to make a good toy.
That's the whole point to the Masterpieces (or, one of them). To be as show-accurate to the cartoon models as humanly possible.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor In-Hand & Packaging Images (1413494)
Posted by Stormrider on August 25th, 2012 @ 3:54pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
but G1 Sideswipe's animation model had his windshield where it is on this toy.

...And? You don't need to follow a model to make a good toy.

So you want the windshield backpack upside down?
Re: Takara Tomy MP-12 Lambor In-Hand & Packaging Images (1413497)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 25th, 2012 @ 4:03pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
but G1 Sideswipe's animation model had his windshield where it is on this toy.

...And? You don't need to follow a model to make a good toy.

So you want the windshield backpack upside down?
Who? Me or BP?