Transformers News: Takara Tomy MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee with Collector Coin Available for Pre-Order

Tuesday, March 18th, 2014 3:17PM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 14,682

In the less than surprising news, we just received word from site sponsor BigBadToyStore that there will be a collector coin for the upcoming Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee. They have listed a pre-order for the Collector Coin version, which can be found by clicking here, it will run you five more dollars at $79.99. No image of the coin or it's package at this time.

Note - At this point the collector coin is confirmed to be included. The extra exclusive Battle Mask is NOT included, but if we are able to get the part it will be included for no additional cost.
Product Number: TAK11828
Shipping Weight: 1.05 pounds
Credit(s): BBTS
Re: Takara Tomy MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee with Collector Coin Available for Pre-Order (1558623)
Posted by Stormrider on March 18th, 2014 @ 9:10pm CDT
I have little interest in the coin and barely excitement for the battle mask. When MP Sideswipe first came out I was drooling over the alternate pile drivers. But it seems like every Masterpiece going forward is going to have an Amazon exclusive, but so far none of them are must have's for me (and perhaps that is a good thing for me).
Re: Takara Tomy MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee with Collector Coin Available for Pre-Order (1558650)
Posted by fenrir72 on March 18th, 2014 @ 11:36pm CDT
Why do't they just sell it complete at retail anyway?
Re: Takara Tomy MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee with Collector Coin Available for Pre-Order (1558656)
Posted by zodconvoy on March 19th, 2014 @ 12:13am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Why do't they just sell it complete at retail anyway?

Because retailer pay extra for exclusives. When I first preordered MP Bumbleebee back in June, the price was $79.99 then they lowered it to $74.99 so the $79.99 for the coin and possible battle mask isn't bad. I was willing to pay that much before so I look at it this way: it's a $5 raffle for a chance to get the mask and the coin is a bonus prize.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee with Collector Coin Available for Pre-Order (1558863)
Posted by El Duque on March 19th, 2014 @ 10:33pm CDT
Here's the latest Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Tweet from Takara Tomy designer Shogo Hasui, a closer look at the included Excel suit. His tweet identifies the occupant of the suit as Spike. Check out the image mirrored below:

[quote]MP-21 Bumble, scheduled for release in November, comes with Spike wearing an exo-suit. While small-scale, it can transform to vehicle mode without parts forming, and has good posability.

[/quote]
Re: Takara Tomy MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee with Collector Coin Available for Pre-Order (1558865)
Posted by zodconvoy on March 19th, 2014 @ 10:45pm CDT
El Duque wrote:Here's the latest Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Tweet from Takara Tomy designer Shogo Hasui, Spike in his Excel suit. That's right, contrary to previous info Hasui's Tweet identifies the occupant of the Excel suit as Spike. Check out the image mirrored below:

[quote]The MP-21 Bumble of the month will be released, spike wearing the suit Excel is attached.
While small-scale, in addition to complete transformation without replacement to vehicle mode, posing also enabled some.

[/quote]

Well of course it was Spike.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee with Collector Coin Available for Pre-Order (1558867)
Posted by Stormrider on March 19th, 2014 @ 10:48pm CDT

[/quote]

Based on those screws, I would say that Spike is about a head taller than Rumble
Re: Takara Tomy MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee with Collector Coin Available for Pre-Order (1558872)
Posted by Crosscheck on March 19th, 2014 @ 11:11pm CDT
Even if it lacks an inspiring alternate mode, this is one of the most exciting parts about this MP. It lets me have my favorite Transformer and one of the things I have wanted since the movie came out all those years ago, the Exo Suit.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee with Collector Coin Available for Pre-Order (1558873)
Posted by Mkall on March 19th, 2014 @ 11:15pm CDT
I wouldn't mind getting this thing for my classics collection
Re: Takara Tomy MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee with Collector Coin Available for Pre-Order (1558874)
Posted by VioMeTriX on March 19th, 2014 @ 11:27pm CDT
Mkall wrote:I wouldn't mind getting this thing for my classics collection

why not get it for your masterpiece collection?
Re: Takara Tomy MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee with Collector Coin Available for Pre-Order (1558876)
Posted by megatronus on March 19th, 2014 @ 11:41pm CDT
I'm pretty excited about this Spike.

While I'm not 100% thrilled with the vehicle mode on 'Bee, I'm definitely psyched for the set as a whole.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee with Collector Coin Available for Pre-Order (1558880)
Posted by Mkall on March 20th, 2014 @ 12:01am CDT
VioMeTriX wrote:
Mkall wrote:I wouldn't mind getting this thing for my classics collection

why not get it for your masterpiece collection?

Because I don't have a Masterpiece collection.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee with Collector Coin Available for Pre-Order (1558885)
Posted by zodconvoy on March 20th, 2014 @ 2:20am CDT
Mkall wrote:Because I don't have a Masterpiece collection.

It's a good time to start. I hadn't gotten any since MP Rodimus from TRU in 2011 but since September I've gotten TRU Soundwave & cassettes, Nemesis Prime, Prowl, Sideswipe, Streak, G2 Sideswipe, plus I've got the KO of MP-10 Optimus and Fans Toys Quake Wave (MP Shockwave) both on the way. I'm selling my off Classics for space but just replacing them with MP's.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee with Collector Coin Available for Pre-Order (1558890)
Posted by toyskingstudio on March 20th, 2014 @ 4:12am CDT
:DANCE: this is exciting!
Re: Takara Tomy MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee with Collector Coin Available for Pre-Order (1558895)
Posted by craggy on March 20th, 2014 @ 4:37am CDT
this is the reason i'm keeping my MP Bee pre-order. The yellow bot himself is pretty decent, but I might have passed if not for Spike in the exo-suit.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee with Collector Coin Available for Pre-Order (1558903)
Posted by TimothyR on March 20th, 2014 @ 6:27am CDT
i used to pretend i had one of these suits when i was younger.. those were the days.

i can't wait for this.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee with Collector Coin Available for Pre-Order (1558907)
Posted by Stormrider on March 20th, 2014 @ 6:50am CDT
zodconvoy wrote:
Mkall wrote:Because I don't have a Masterpiece collection.

Re: Takara Tomy MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee with Collector Coin Available for Pre-Order (1558908)
Posted by leakin' lubricant on March 20th, 2014 @ 7:07am CDT
Mkall wrote:
VioMeTriX wrote:
Mkall wrote:I wouldn't mind getting this thing for my classics collection

why not get it for your masterpiece collection?

Because I don't have a Masterpiece collection.

I'm with you on this, he looks around the same size as Classics Bee, if so he is deffo making it into my Classics colletion, I also don't collect Masterpiece BTW.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee with Collector Coin Available for Pre-Order (1558918)
Posted by Mkall on March 20th, 2014 @ 9:25am CDT
Stormrider wrote:Wow Mkall, I always figured you had a Masterpiece collection because you have always shown a lot of interest in the discussions. I am curious what is holding you back? Cost, size, etc?

The cost wouldn't phase me, but I've spent so much time and energy into amassing my Classics/Generations collection that I don't want to start over.

They also come out so very slowly. I like having a massive army of Autobots and Decepticons. It would feel so very incomplete to me to have only 6ish Autobots and 10ish decepticons.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee with Collector Coin Available for Pre-Order (1558959)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on March 20th, 2014 @ 12:59pm CDT
They should include Daniel with MP-22 Ultra Magnus. Also, we need a new Masterpiece Hot Rod that's in proper scale with the Masterpiece car Autobots.
Re: Takara Tomy MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee with Collector Coin Available for Pre-Order (1558960)
Posted by KirbyForce1 on March 20th, 2014 @ 1:00pm CDT

Ending Soon On eBay

SDCC 2011 OPTIMUS PRIME First Edition Transformers Display Matrix Deluxe Class - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 34 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers AOE Age of Extinction Dinobot Slog Voyager Class MISB NEW - Time Remaining: 2 days 17 hours 12 minutes 7 seconds
TRANSFORMERS LOOSE BEAST WARS CHEETOR GREEN EYES COMPLETE DELUXE KENNER - Time Remaining: 8 days 19 hours 22 seconds
Transformers 3 Dark Of The Moon Voyager Megatron Aciton Figure Toy Doll New - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 2 minutes 55 seconds
New BUMBLEBEE & AIR RAID - Transformers MECH TECH Autobots DARK MOON Car Jet NEW - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 33 minutes 57 seconds
New 3 KRE-O TRANSFORMERS Sets MEGATRON Sideswipe MIRAGE - KREO 30688 31771 31145 - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 48 minutes 51 seconds
SKYLYNX & SKY CLAW - 2 NEW Transformers BEAST HUNTERS Figures SMOKESCREEN Prime - Time Remaining: 2 days 13 hours 18 minutes 47 seconds
LOT 15 Vintage G1 Transformers Takara Hasbro Figures Loose Soundwave Galvatron - Time Remaining: 9 days 14 hours 46 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016