Takara Tomy Recall for Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Recall for Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu

Thursday, June 27th, 2013 9:49PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 12,842

Takara Tomy is recalling the Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu. The figure shipped with misassembled thighs. The figure has already been pulled off the shelves in Japan. Replacement figures are expected for Japanese residents in mid July. The thighs can be fixed by taking apart the legs and rebuilding them but it is cautioned as the legs contain springs and other small parts. No word on how online retailers are going to handle this.

Takara Tomy Recall for Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu
Credit(s): Takara Tomy

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Recall for Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu (1498522)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 27th, 2013 @ 10:02pm CDT
PCC Bombshock is sooooo jealous right now!
Re: Takara Tomy Recall for Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu (1498534)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 27th, 2013 @ 10:47pm CDT
Mine are due in from BBTS on July 2nd. I'll email customer care and hopefully they'll take it back. I just hope the other reviewers do the same.
Re: Takara Tomy Recall for Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu (1498535)
Posted by Brakethrough on June 27th, 2013 @ 10:55pm CDT
More like Transformers Stop!
Re: Takara Tomy Recall for Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu (1498572)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 28th, 2013 @ 12:21am CDT
Oh dear.
Re: Takara Tomy Recall for Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu (1498580)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on June 28th, 2013 @ 1:06am CDT
so when takara misassembles a figure they recall it but when hasbro dose it they just let it sit on shelves & then they might fix it in a later wave but probably not, more proof takara is better than hasro.
Re: Takara Tomy Recall for Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu (1498598)
Posted by Mykltron on June 28th, 2013 @ 4:13am CDT
Surely they could find someone that speaks English instead of using a translation program.
Re: Takara Tomy Recall for Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu (1498602)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 28th, 2013 @ 4:36am CDT
Wow! When Takara makes a mistake, they're serious about getting it fixed.
Re: Takara Tomy Recall for Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu (1498604)
Posted by alldarker on June 28th, 2013 @ 5:16am CDT
Now hoping Takara will recall Encore Fortress Maximus's Spike figure, who coincidentally has exactly the same problem.
Re: Takara Tomy Recall for Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu (1498638)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 28th, 2013 @ 9:09am CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:Wow! When Takara makes a mistake, they're serious about getting it fixed.

I think TT sees themselves as making action figures for collectors, while Hasbro see themselves as making toys for kids. And maybe also because TT has a smaller market. Hasbro is so big and their market is so big, one flaw with one toy is not worth addressing to them.
Re: Takara Tomy Recall for Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu (1498711)
Posted by ArmadaPrime on June 28th, 2013 @ 2:42pm CDT
Well hot damn, Takara really go to town with everything possible, don't they? Shiny paint jobs, full, free of charge recalls on missasembled figures (and hardly cheap ones might I add!) ROTF silverbolt must be feeling pretty silly right about now...
Re: Takara Tomy Recall for Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu (1498720)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 28th, 2013 @ 2:51pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Recall for Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu (1498782)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 28th, 2013 @ 5:37pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Guys, settle down. This is only the very first time TakaraTomy has recalled a figure. Very exceptional but considering the nature of problem, understandable. >:oP

Oh come on, killjoy. ;) How often do we have cause to praise Hasbro or Takara for their practices? I for one am fed up of having loads to moan about.
Re: Takara Tomy Recall for Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu (1498992)
Posted by felzbug on June 29th, 2013 @ 2:17am CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Recall for Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu (1499266)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on June 29th, 2013 @ 6:21pm CDT
felzbug wrote:It's a very easy fix, it only involves removing 3 screws on each legs and swapping the lower thighs. I made a video showing how to fix it. If I can do it anybody can.

I have a PHD in BS. SOLD! this actually doesn't look that bad of a fix to do. One question, can I screw the thighs together before I attach the lower leg? Depending on What BBTS tells me I might try this fix.
Re: Takara Tomy Recall for Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu (1499378)
Posted by felzbug on June 29th, 2013 @ 9:55pm CDT
yes you can screw the thigh together first.
Re: Takara Tomy Recall for Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu (1499687)
Posted by felzbug on June 30th, 2013 @ 7:21pm CDT
repeat
Re: Takara Tomy Recall for Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu (1499691)
Posted by felzbug on June 30th, 2013 @ 7:29pm CDT
Yes you can screw the uper thigh together first
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

Re: Takara Tomy Recall for Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu (1499935)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 1st, 2013 @ 4:18pm CDT
Just an update from BBTS, the person who handles these type of issues is out of the office today and will be in tomorrow so I'll hear from them then as well as the customer service rep who handles returns.
Re: Takara Tomy Recall for Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu (1499939)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 1st, 2013 @ 4:37pm CDT
WTF?!
Since when does Takara recall figures and replace them with functioning ones? :shock:
Re: Takara Tomy Recall for Transformers Go! G02 Jinbu (1500301)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 2nd, 2013 @ 6:28pm CDT
Well BBTS got back to me. Apparently the link to this very article didn't work so they assumed the issue was resolved. I set them straight real quick! Hopefully this doesn't become an issue as I was really looking forward to the team.

Edit 7/3/13: BBTS got back to me and basically they don't know what they're doing yet as they have to hear from Takara. Twice they asked me if I wanted to return the figure not understanding I wanted it replaced with a new one. Finally we got on the same page and I got an assurance if Takara takes longer than 30 days to get the new figures I won't be effected. FYI TFSource has a statement up on their FB page saying they're holding back on fulfilling preorders until the fixed figures are in.

Ending Soon On eBay

CYBERTRONIAN OPTIMUS PRIME TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS ADVANCED 2009 AUTOBOT COLLEC - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 9 minutes 28 seconds
CYBERTRONIAN MEGATRON TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS DECEPTICON AWESOME NIP COLLECTIBL - Time Remaining: 2 days 9 hours 40 minutes 8 seconds
CYBERTRONIAN BUMBLEBEE TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS ADVANCED AUTOBOT CHATTERBOX 2009 - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 25 minutes 40 seconds
Transformers Armada UNICRON with Dead End Mini-Con figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 56 minutes 4 seconds
Used Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG21 Autobot Springer Painted - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 56 minutes 42 seconds
RAMJET TRANSFORMERS REVENGE OF THE FALLEN WALMART ONLY COLLECTOR CARD 2008 AWESO - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 56 minutes 36 seconds
DIRGE TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS DECEPTICON HE ENJOYS THE FEELING OF POWER '10 COL - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 27 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen NEW NEST Mail Away Recon Ravage, Deluxe 2010 - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 44 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive