Transformers News: Takara Tomy Retail Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Papercraft Trailer  (Update: Not the Trailer in the Image)

Sunday, December 30th, 2012 9:31PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 55,417

G1 fans take note, Takara Tomy will be issuing a store exclusive G1 style papercraft trailer for Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus. The trailer, which is limited to 1000 units, will be available to those who spend 3000 Yen at EDION. Unfortunately it appears to be the same cardboard trailer that originally came with MP-02 Ultra Magnus. Image mirrored below from Autobase Aichi.

Update: Apparently this solicitation was printed prior to plans being finalized, which explains why the MP-02 cardboard trailer was used for the image. The plans for a Ultra Magnus style trailer were scrapped and they will be giving the papercraft trailer designed for AM-21 Arms Master Optimus Prime.

G1 Style Papercraft Trailer for Takara Tomy Transformers Prime Arms Micron AM-27 Ultra Magnus

Credit(s): Autobase Aichi, daimchoc

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Retail Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Papercraft Trailer (Update: Not the Trailer in the Image) (1450477)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 30th, 2012 @ 9:42pm CST
Never was a fan of the papercraft stuff. This is no exception, despite its visual homage to G1 Ultra Magnus.

Seems a little too big as well. >:oP
Re: Takara Tomy Retail Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Papercraft Trailer (Update: Not the Trailer in the Image) (1450478)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on December 30th, 2012 @ 9:45pm CST
Re: Takara Tomy Retail Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Papercraft Trailer (Update: Not the Trailer in the Image) (1450479)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 30th, 2012 @ 9:50pm CST
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

That's exactly what I did when I saw it. :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Retail Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Papercraft Trailer (Update: Not the Trailer in the Image) (1450482)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on December 30th, 2012 @ 9:55pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

That's exactly what I did when I saw it. :lol:

This paper craft trailer's so much fail
Re: Takara Tomy Retail Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Papercraft Trailer (Update: Not the Trailer in the Image) (1450486)
Posted by Burn on December 30th, 2012 @ 10:01pm CST
Know what's fail?

The blue cab. Magnus wasn't a blue cab.

Just saying. >:oP
Re: Takara Tomy Retail Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Papercraft Trailer (Update: Not the Trailer in the Image) (1450488)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 30th, 2012 @ 10:06pm CST
Burn wrote:Know what's fail?

The blue cab. Magnus wasn't a blue cab.

Just saying. >:oP

Just now noticed that when you mentioned it. #-o
Re: Takara Tomy Retail Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Papercraft Trailer (Update: Not the Trailer in the Image) (1450490)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on December 30th, 2012 @ 10:17pm CST
waste of paper
Re: Takara Tomy Retail Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Papercraft Trailer (Update: Not the Trailer in the Image) (1450491)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on December 30th, 2012 @ 10:23pm CST
That's simultaneously awesome and terrible at the exact same time! :BOOM:

They should do this for FOC Prime and Magnus, but NO THEY SHOULDN'T!

The Picard fail picture has me rolling :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Retail Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Papercraft Trailer (Update: Not the Trailer in the Image) (1450500)
Posted by RAcast on December 30th, 2012 @ 11:04pm CST
ViperEye82 wrote:That's simultaneously awesome and terrible at the exact same time! :BOOM:

They should do this for FOC Prime and Magnus, but NO THEY SHOULDN'T!

The Picard fail picture has me rolling :lol:

Also, why is it the size of a SMALL OFFICE BUILDING?
Re: Takara Tomy Retail Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Papercraft Trailer (Update: Not the Trailer in the Image) (1450501)
Posted by PaxCybertron82 on December 30th, 2012 @ 11:07pm CST
Exactly.
Re: Takara Tomy Retail Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Papercraft Trailer (Update: Not the Trailer in the Image) (1450504)
Posted by optimuscarlos on December 30th, 2012 @ 11:16pm CST
Re: Takara Tomy Retail Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Papercraft Trailer (Update: Not the Trailer in the Image) (1450509)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on December 30th, 2012 @ 11:21pm CST
optimuscarlos wrote:That's the same trailer that came with MP-02 ultra magnus, I still use it when I have magnus in vehicle mode.

well if that is in fact true, that may explain why it's the size of a an office building :HEADHURTS:
Re: Takara Tomy Retail Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Papercraft Trailer (Update: Not the Trailer in the Image) (1450518)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on December 30th, 2012 @ 11:41pm CST
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

Yes it is.

Well that was insanely lazy.

Taka could have at least shunk it down 50% when they reprinted it.
And while they were at it they could have changed the colours to match Magnus's blue body thus making... Powered Convoy. :grin:
Re: Takara Tomy Retail Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Papercraft Trailer (Update: Not the Trailer in the Image) (1450522)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on December 30th, 2012 @ 11:55pm CST
gavinfuzzy wrote:
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

And that, my friend, Is what a proper homage is :D
Re: Takara Tomy Retail Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Papercraft Trailer (Update: Not the Trailer in the Image) (1450548)
Posted by KNM2012 on December 31st, 2012 @ 1:45am CST
Burn wrote:Know what's fail?

The blue cab. Magnus wasn't a blue cab.

Just saying. >:oP

You know what else is a fail?

"Just saying" as well. :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Retail Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Papercraft Trailer (Update: Not the Trailer in the Image) (1450551)
Posted by Burn on December 31st, 2012 @ 1:53am CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:You not realizing that this is not the "Generation 1" Ultra Magnus. This is the PRIME version of Magnus, as in the one that is based more on the ANIMATED version of the character, and sports a different shade of blue than his Diaclone counterpart. And even then, he was originally shown to have his Diaclone colors before he made his movie debut.

"Just saying" as well. :lol:

No **** Sherlock?
Re: Takara Tomy Retail Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Papercraft Trailer (Update: Not the Trailer in the Image) (1450553)
Posted by KNM2012 on December 31st, 2012 @ 2:13am CST
Burn wrote:

"Just saying" as well. :lol:

No **** Sherlock?

Heh. Thanks for comparing me to my cousin's (by blood) creation. And by the way, Inspector Baynes, Sherlock is a very good example to know me. But besides that point, you should be careful with the "fail" points because some do not take things lightly like I do. ;)

Oh! And as nice as it looks, the fail for me is the need to get it. :DANCE:
Re: Takara Tomy Retail Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Papercraft Trailer (Update: Not the Trailer in the Image) (1450554)
Posted by njb902 on December 31st, 2012 @ 2:14am CST
Off topic, you can't catch a break today burn. On topic, that is such an ugly trailer.
Re: Takara Tomy Retail Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Papercraft Trailer (Update: Not the Trailer in the Image) (1450555)
Posted by Burn on December 31st, 2012 @ 2:18am CST
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:
Burn wrote:

"Just saying" as well. :lol:

No **** Sherlock?

Oh! And as nice as it looks, the fail for me is the need to get it. :DANCE:

Remind me again how exactly I failed? Aside from the fact it's recycling a design that was intended for a MP WHITE cab, to me, Ultra Magnus is a white cab. I am NOT impressed with latest iterations where the white cab has been done away with.

In fact, you rack up the "fail" points for actually thinking i'm stupid enough to not realise in advance all that you pointed out. I have, beside this very table where i'm sitting at, an entire shelf full of Ultra Magnii, from G1 all the way up to his current Prime version and nearly everything in between.

So please, have some fail points for assuming incorrectly about me.
Re: Takara Tomy Retail Exclusive Transformers Prime Arms Micron Papercraft Trailer (Update: Not the Trailer in the Image) (1450559)
Posted by Deathsanras on December 31st, 2012 @ 2:51am CST
Damn straight. Kids today should be subjected to everything remaining exactly the same as it was in your own precious childhood, with no changes, evolution, or alterations in even mere colour, without exceptions or excuses. That'll straighten the little sissies out once and for all; they get it all too easy these days. Balljoints are for pussies. Paint-apps are for wimps too wussy to apply decals: "Oh daddy, the stickers hurt my fingers so." "No, son. You're a man now. You push through the pain. I did, and now look at me."

Come to think of it, screw even that. Toys used to be made of wood. Where are my goddamn hand-turned wooden Transformers? If it's not lacquered pine, it's not Ultra Magnus. To hell with you, Hasbro.

I'm with you, Burn. Old-school or GTFO.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem