Transformers News: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron

Friday, October 19th, 2012 7:58AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 24,784

Planet Iacon has posted an image that they are reporting as four of the recently revealed Transformers Alternity/Super GT figures. As we already know the first scheduled release is Optimus Prime, according to the image he will receive three repaints Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron. Check them out below:

Transformers Alternity & Super GT Crossover - Optimus Prime(red), Nemesis Prime (black), Ultra Magnus (white), Toxitron (Yellow)

Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime
Credit(s): Planet Iacon, daimchoc

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432008)
Posted by griftimus prime on October 19th, 2012 @ 8:17am CDT
all the same mold.....
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432015)
Posted by _Anshin_ on October 19th, 2012 @ 8:44am CDT
griftimus prime wrote:all the same mold.....

I may not be certain, but isn't that why its called a repaint? They just take the same mold and color it different ways (G1 seekers, beast wars cats, etc.).
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432019)
Posted by toddstarz on October 19th, 2012 @ 8:50am CDT
nice.. getting that UM. now if i cant find extra cash to mod my alt um into prowl..
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432023)
Posted by phase on October 19th, 2012 @ 9:18am CDT
My prediction: Reprolabels will be coming out with green stickers for Toxitron. Also, am I the only one who's disappointed that the 1st G1 Toxie is a car?
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432032)
Posted by gothsaurus on October 19th, 2012 @ 9:35am CDT

As is, I have to put this in with the other one-trick-pony lines like the transforming shoes and hats.

I don't want reboots each year. I want a nice lineup of characters with different roles, personalities, designs, storyline, tech specs... all to display well together. Seems like each line tanks before we get a full lineup... or even CLOSE to a lineup.

Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432039)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 19th, 2012 @ 9:48am CDT
Now that's one for the record books: Amount of Optimus Prime repaints released simultaneously. :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432045)
Posted by gothsaurus on October 19th, 2012 @ 9:54am CDT
I bet you're right!! Funny thing, it's an entire WAVE of just primes. I bet that might be a record, as well.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432046)
Posted by lonrac on October 19th, 2012 @ 9:54am CDT
So, who was it said they wanted a toxitron from the RTS G2 prime mould? Now the idea is out, make any prime remould in yellow/green as Toxitron, the transformer that never was shall be again, and again , and again, and again........... :HEADHURTS:
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432055)
Posted by robotmel on October 19th, 2012 @ 10:10am CDT
gothsaurus wrote:So many missing characters from the Alternators line. I pour out a drink for those homies.

:D
Transformers Alternators where amazing!
Cool vehicles (for their time) with great articulation, spot-on head molds and reasonably priced!

BRING BACK ALTERNATORS! :grin:

These new Alternity/Super GT figures remind me of the way A&L licenced the Alternator molds and repainted them into other, what could be considered, homages?
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432057)
Posted by DevastaTTor on October 19th, 2012 @ 10:12am CDT
Ok, the rework on this is cool. However, I agree that not making these Autobot car characters instead of more Primes is a big miss. I would have considered the blue/white one if it were Mirage and the yellow one as Sunstreaker!

As they are now, it's no x4.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432062)
Posted by gothsaurus on October 19th, 2012 @ 10:33am CDT
Of the possible Toxitrons... I'd buy: :-?

Laser Optimus Prime
G1 Optimus Prime (heck, go ahead and give him a new trailer.)

Others, no interest at all. [-(
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432067)
Posted by Flux Convoy on October 19th, 2012 @ 10:45am CDT
Toxitron is hardly the Transformer that never was. http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... tron/2411/
:BOT:
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432071)
Posted by gothsaurus on October 19th, 2012 @ 10:49am CDT
Yeah, of all the universes for Toxitron to wind up in, Animated was pretty perfect.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432073)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 19th, 2012 @ 10:56am CDT
Is it just me, or is Toxitron becoming a popular character?
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432086)
Posted by Kibble on October 19th, 2012 @ 11:41am CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Re-doing Prime again as a second car just urks me. I want them to actually plan out the line... and lineup. Jazz, Prowl, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, Bluestreak... I'd be buying those.

You should be thankful...as it is, it's nearly $500 that's easily saved! I admit, these look pretty neat...but I won't have any problem admiring their neatness from afar.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432088)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 19th, 2012 @ 11:45am CDT
There's also a fiction-only Zone Toxitron who's a combiner formed by five unreleased characters: Albitron, Screechwing, Leatherhide, Spiketail, and Nightprowler, all of whom form the Combatibots. Their personalaty components were stolen by Ulchtar from the Zone Satellite Penitentiary. ;)

Yes, it's an homage to "Starscream's Brigade". :-B
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432102)
Posted by gothsaurus on October 19th, 2012 @ 12:23pm CDT
WHOE. That's some deep digging. Well played.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432103)
Posted by rpetras on October 19th, 2012 @ 12:25pm CDT
Between the regular and Super GT versions of this mold we really should be able to get a decent Bluestreak, Prowl and Smokescreen.

More Prime variants is NOT what I'll be spending my hard earned $$$ on.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432137)
Posted by Zeedust on October 19th, 2012 @ 1:28pm CDT
Shouldn't Toxitron be pea-soup green?
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432140)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 19th, 2012 @ 1:30pm CDT
I wonder if the black one would actually suit a Nemesis Prime, compared to the original Convoy Super Black. If it had grey and purple I bet it would make a decent Motormaster.