Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron

Friday, October 19th, 2012 7:58AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 23,488

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Planet Iacon has posted an image that they are reporting as four of the recently revealed Transformers Alternity/Super GT figures. As we already know the first scheduled release is Optimus Prime, according to the image he will receive three repaints Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron. Check them out below:

Transformers Alternity & Super GT Crossover - Optimus Prime(red), Nemesis Prime (black), Ultra Magnus (white), Toxitron (Yellow)


Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime
Credit(s): Planet Iacon, daimchoc
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432008)
Posted by griftimus prime on October 19th, 2012 @ 8:17am CDT
all the same mold.....
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432015)
Posted by _Anshin_ on October 19th, 2012 @ 8:44am CDT
griftimus prime wrote:all the same mold.....

I may not be certain, but isn't that why its called a repaint? They just take the same mold and color it different ways (G1 seekers, beast wars cats, etc.).
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432019)
Posted by toddstarz on October 19th, 2012 @ 8:50am CDT
nice.. getting that UM. now if i cant find extra cash to mod my alt um into prowl..
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432023)
Posted by phase on October 19th, 2012 @ 9:18am CDT
My prediction: Reprolabels will be coming out with green stickers for Toxitron. Also, am I the only one who's disappointed that the 1st G1 Toxie is a car?
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432032)
Posted by gothsaurus on October 19th, 2012 @ 9:35am CDT
Re-doing Prime again as a second car just urks me. I want them to actually plan out the line... and lineup. Jazz, Prowl, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, Bluestreak... I'd be buying those.

As is, I have to put this in with the other one-trick-pony lines like the transforming shoes and hats.

I don't want reboots each year. I want a nice lineup of characters with different roles, personalities, designs, storyline, tech specs... all to display well together. Seems like each line tanks before we get a full lineup... or even CLOSE to a lineup.

So many missing characters from the Alternators line. I pour out a drink for those homies.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432039)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 19th, 2012 @ 9:48am CDT
Now that's one for the record books: Amount of Optimus Prime repaints released simultaneously. :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432045)
Posted by gothsaurus on October 19th, 2012 @ 9:54am CDT
I bet you're right!! Funny thing, it's an entire WAVE of just primes. I bet that might be a record, as well.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432046)
Posted by lonrac on October 19th, 2012 @ 9:54am CDT
So, who was it said they wanted a toxitron from the RTS G2 prime mould? Now the idea is out, make any prime remould in yellow/green as Toxitron, the transformer that never was shall be again, and again , and again, and again........... :HEADHURTS:
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432055)
Posted by robotmel on October 19th, 2012 @ 10:10am CDT
gothsaurus wrote:So many missing characters from the Alternators line. I pour out a drink for those homies.

:D
Transformers Alternators where amazing!
Cool vehicles (for their time) with great articulation, spot-on head molds and reasonably priced!

BRING BACK ALTERNATORS! :grin:

These new Alternity/Super GT figures remind me of the way A&L licenced the Alternator molds and repainted them into other, what could be considered, homages?
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432057)
Posted by DevastaTTor on October 19th, 2012 @ 10:12am CDT
Ok, the rework on this is cool. However, I agree that not making these Autobot car characters instead of more Primes is a big miss. I would have considered the blue/white one if it were Mirage and the yellow one as Sunstreaker!

As they are now, it's no x4.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432062)
Posted by gothsaurus on October 19th, 2012 @ 10:33am CDT
Of the possible Toxitrons... I'd buy: :-?

Laser Optimus Prime
G1 Optimus Prime (heck, go ahead and give him a new trailer.)

Others, no interest at all. [-(
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432067)
Posted by Flux Convoy on October 19th, 2012 @ 10:45am CDT
Toxitron is hardly the Transformer that never was. http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... tron/2411/
:BOT:
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432071)
Posted by gothsaurus on October 19th, 2012 @ 10:49am CDT
Yeah, of all the universes for Toxitron to wind up in, Animated was pretty perfect.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432073)
Posted by Mindmaster on October 19th, 2012 @ 10:56am CDT
Is it just me, or is Toxitron becoming a popular character?
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432086)
Posted by Kibble on October 19th, 2012 @ 11:41am CDT
gothsaurus wrote:Re-doing Prime again as a second car just urks me. I want them to actually plan out the line... and lineup. Jazz, Prowl, Sunstreaker, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, Bluestreak... I'd be buying those.

As is, I have to put this in with the other one-trick-pony lines like the transforming shoes and hats.


You should be thankful...as it is, it's nearly $500 that's easily saved! I admit, these look pretty neat...but I won't have any problem admiring their neatness from afar.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432088)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 19th, 2012 @ 11:45am CDT
There's also a fiction-only Zone Toxitron who's a combiner formed by five unreleased characters: Albitron, Screechwing, Leatherhide, Spiketail, and Nightprowler, all of whom form the Combatibots. Their personalaty components were stolen by Ulchtar from the Zone Satellite Penitentiary. ;)

Yes, it's an homage to "Starscream's Brigade". :-B
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432102)
Posted by gothsaurus on October 19th, 2012 @ 12:23pm CDT
WHOE. That's some deep digging. Well played.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432103)
Posted by rpetras on October 19th, 2012 @ 12:25pm CDT
Between the regular and Super GT versions of this mold we really should be able to get a decent Bluestreak, Prowl and Smokescreen.

More Prime variants is NOT what I'll be spending my hard earned $$$ on.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432137)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on October 19th, 2012 @ 1:28pm CDT
Shouldn't Toxitron be pea-soup green?
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432140)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 19th, 2012 @ 1:30pm CDT
I wonder if the black one would actually suit a Nemesis Prime, compared to the original Convoy Super Black. If it had grey and purple I bet it would make a decent Motormaster.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432148)
Posted by Firebird on October 19th, 2012 @ 1:47pm CDT
I really liked the Alternity Convoy mold when it was first released. And I really like all the new parts they added for the wing spoiler & the different body kit, and even the graphics on the side.

However for the price BBTS is charging for these I'm passing. Maybe if I can get the regular red version on Clearence or something then I'll pick it up.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432155)
Posted by KNM2012 on October 19th, 2012 @ 2:06pm CDT
For those who are still calling it "Alternity"... It is not. :michaelbay:

ASCII Media Works Dengeki 20th Anniversary on October 20th and 21st
"The ASCII Media Works 20th Anniversary Dengeki 20-year Festival is being held in Chiba’s Makuhari Messe halls 1 to 4. The event will take place on October 20th (Sat.) and 21st (Sun.) 2012 from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm (planned times). The new Transformers series “Transformers GT” will be debuted by the Dengeki team. A diorama display including Beast Saga toys is also planned! For details, visit the official homepage."

Compliments of e-HOBBY Magazine. 8)

Plus, TOMY mentioned Super GT... Which is this. In other words, we are seeing a new series that seems to be targeting the world of Gran Turismo. Which has me wonder if they will use different cars for each set... Or something else. :-?
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432159)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on October 19th, 2012 @ 2:12pm CDT
I like the basic idea of GT transformers but they're missing great character opportunities. Who are they missing? Oh yeah, the STUNTICONS! I wish they would stop making characters who don't really make sense as cars like Starscream or Optimus and give us Bluestreak, Breakdown, Dead End etc. There are even tons of Autobot characters who are supposed to be race cars. Mirage, Wheeljack, Smokescreen, Jazz. Plus there are tons of characters who's personality would fit a race car. Hot Rod, Blurr, the aforementioned Stunticons. I personally would be interested in a second Alternity size class that is comparable to an alternator size. In a larger size class you could have Optimus Prime as an actual racing truck. I'm also personally hoping for a tuner Scion XB that turns into Rumble or Frenzy.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432171)
Posted by KNM2012 on October 19th, 2012 @ 2:41pm CDT
welcometothedarksyde wrote:I like the basic idea of GT transformers but they're missing great character opportunities. Who are they missing? Oh yeah, the STUNTICONS! I wish they would stop making characters who don't really make sense as cars like Starscream or Optimus and give us Bluestreak, Breakdown, Dead End etc. There are even tons of Autobot characters who are supposed to be race cars. Mirage, Wheeljack, Smokescreen, Jazz. Plus there are tons of characters who's personality would fit a race car. Hot Rod, Blurr, the aforementioned Stunticons. I personally would be interested in a second Alternity size class that is comparable to an alternator size. In a larger size class you could have Optimus Prime as an actual racing truck. I'm also personally hoping for a tuner Scion XB that turns into Rumble or Frenzy.


How can they be missing opportunities when the series is not even out yet? That is what I am wondering. Because not only is the series not out yet, they have not even explained how they will handling it... And how far they will go with it. For all we know, they might be making four cars per set, with each set being tied to a car they have received the rights to create, when it comes to Super GT. Or maybe the first set is the test set, and they will be more diverse if it becomes a success.

We don't know, and we also don't know what characters are on their list at this point of time. Heck, they might even be planning out the idea of making Sunstreaker into a yellow Lamborghini Gallardo. Maybe even have Metroplex and Trypticon be transport trucks, as well. All we know is that it is based on Super GT (which used to be known as "All-Japan Grand Touring Car Championship")... And that stuff like racing trucks and Toyota xB ("Scion xB") are something they will consider for a different line. ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432177)
Posted by Kibble on October 19th, 2012 @ 3:03pm CDT
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:How can they be missing opportunities when the series is not even out yet?


Because they just did 4 Optimus Prime repaints out of a racecar mold. Nearly $500 in passes for many of us... Had these been more appropriate characters for what they are, a lot of us would probably then be interested. Hence missed opportunity.

But FWIW, it's an appreciated missed opportunity as far as I'm concerned. I've already grown tired of the Alternity line and molds. So by all means, I ask that they keep doing what they're doing as they stretch the line and its offshoots thinner and thinner. Keep the passes easy, I say!
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432180)
Posted by KNM2012 on October 19th, 2012 @ 3:23pm CDT
Kibble wrote:Because they just did 4 Optimus Prime repaints out of a racecar mold. Nearly $500 in passes for many of us... Had these been more appropriate characters for what they are, a lot of us would probably then be interested. Hence missed opportunity.


So you are telling me that despite the fact that they need to license these GT racers individually (which can be costly), the fact they have yet to debut the pieces in an event that I have just mentioned in a previous response today , and the fact we know absolutely nothing about this line and what TOMY has in store for it... A photo that shows four GT racers using the same mold means that we should ignore every other fact in the process? Think about that while I drink this hot cocoa very slowly, while hoping to finish writing a review on the first chapter of the new Transformers: All Spark manga. >:oP

Kibble wrote:But FWIW, it's an appreciated missed opportunity as far as I'm concerned. I've already grown tired of the Alternity line and molds. So by all means, I ask that they keep doing what they're doing as they stretch the line and its offshoots thinner and thinner. Keep the passes easy, I say!


The Alternity line is nothing more than the remnants of the Binaltech line. As in the fact that if that line was to be successful, we may have seen these molds be part of that. But it was not, and we ended up seeing three pieces for Binaltech Asterisk and the remnants be recycled for Alternity. In other words... Transformers GT is more Binaltech than Alternity, which means that as long as it sells, we will see new molds for new characters be put out. ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432189)
Posted by RodimalToyota on October 19th, 2012 @ 3:46pm CDT
It'd be great to have a line of super realistic GT related product.
Hell How about Magnus as a Race hauler!

So many great designs and unique variations, but that also means expensive licensing, every logo on those toys will have to have permission to be used, and so on.

Also, BBTS is selling them at basically MSRP, the Yen Translation is like $112.78 USD. I don't even see Japanese stores selling these cheaper yet.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432194)
Posted by Kibble on October 19th, 2012 @ 4:17pm CDT
KUMA-NIN Maximus wrote:So you are telling me that despite the fact that they need to license these GT racers individually (which can be costly), the fact they have yet to debut the pieces in an event that I have just mentioned in a previous response today , and the fact we know absolutely nothing about this line and what TOMY has in store for it... A photo that shows four GT racers using the same mold means that we should ignore every other fact in the process? Think about that while I drink this hot cocoa very slowly, while hoping to finish writing a review on the first chapter of the new Transformers: All Spark manga. >:oP

The Alternity line is nothing more than the remnants of the Binaltech line. As in the fact that if that line was to be successful, we may have seen these molds be part of that. But it was not, and we ended up seeing three pieces for Binaltech Asterisk and the remnants be recycled for Alternity. In other words... Transformers GT is more Binaltech than Alternity, which means that as long as it sells, we will see new molds for new characters be put out. ;)


Unless they're 1:24 scale, they're not closer to BT. As for the rest, whatev. I'm usually game for a good debate, but I honestly don't give a shit enough about this to put forth the effort. I disagree, most others disagree, but I'm happy for ya that they tickle you right.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432200)
Posted by XDMan on October 19th, 2012 @ 4:41pm CDT
Could we get other characters like highly detailed, show accurate movie Wreckers?
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432203)
Posted by gothsaurus on October 19th, 2012 @ 4:58pm CDT
Sadly, I couldn't get any attachment for the movie Wreckers from their short screen time... and simple foreign-accent-instead-of-character-development. BUT I can see how you'd want it! Seems like they got shafted on figures... couldn't find them all in the same size, as I heard, right?
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432206)
Posted by KNM2012 on October 19th, 2012 @ 5:20pm CDT
RodimalToyota wrote:It'd be great to have a line of super realistic GT related product.
Hell How about Magnus as a Race hauler!


My thoughts exactly! But when it comes to race haulers, I was thinking Metroplex for the Autobots and Trypticon for the Decepticons. On account that Ultra Magnus is said to be a racer, and these two deserve to become haulers. 8)

RodimalToyota wrote:So many great designs and unique variations, but that also means expensive licensing, every logo on those toys will have to have permission to be used, and so on.


Again, my thoughts exactly. There are an estimated 17 cars used in the Super GT, and they chose one that might appeal the most to their target audience. And if the line becomes popular enough, we may see Jazz make his debut as a Porsche 911 GT3... Smokescreen as a Subaru BRZ... Sunstreaker as a Lamborghini Gallardo FIA GT3... Wildrider as Ferrari F430... And half the members here go from bickering over assumptions being made to laying on the floor, foaming at the mouth with excitement. :-?

RodimalToyota wrote:Also, BBTS is selling them at basically MSRP, the Yen Translation is like $112.78 USD. I don't even see Japanese stores selling these cheaper yet.


$7.17 less than TFsource, huh? That store gets my recommendation as long as they don't do their price bit that I keep hearing about. ;) But the person who mentioned the Stunticons has made me ponder that I need to add a "Arms Micron" Wildrider to my collection, as I am lacking on the Decepticon front. :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432215)
Posted by KNM2012 on October 19th, 2012 @ 6:00pm CDT
Kibble wrote:Unless they're 1:24 scale, they're not closer to BT. As for the rest, whatev. I'm usually game for a good debate, but I honestly don't give a shit enough about this to put forth the effort. I disagree, most others disagree, but I'm happy for ya that they tickle you right.


Let me get this straight - You are right because you see a photo of four cars. And you comparing them to Alternity is a good means to be right and disagree with anybody that does actual research on this, and anything tied to it. And then when somebody makes a point that you should follow up on, you dismiss it by making an ignorant statement and conclude it with a "I don't give a shit" statement.

That is not an argument. That is just plain laziness. Because an argument uses validated facts, not make an ignorant conclusion and deem yourself right... Especially when it comes to what those you do not know say. Because they may have a valid point, and you should respect it if you want anything you say be respected in return. >:oP

As for me... I have not once said I was tickled about this line. I did not care much for the Binaltech line, and found that I only liked "Alert with Ai" from the Binaltech Asterisk line. The Convoy Corp. is a rarity for me, as I try to avoid the more hyped characters. And yet, I own two and would not mind the rest if they were to be reissued. Because I refuse to backtrack on past pieces, especially if other pieces I may like more are coming out.

And with Transformers GT, I stated that e-HOBBY mentioned that ASCII Media Works Dengeki 20th Anniversary Festival was going to debut the pieces today. As in the first batch of many. As in the fact that four pieces shown in a photo does not equal out to the claims that they are overlooking other characters. As in something you dismissed because you are not their target audience. >:oP

So yeah... My point is that Transformers GT is not going to be a cheap line simply because it is targeting the Super GT fanbase. As in the fact that they have to license the GT regulated cars (which are 17 at this time), choose what characters fit the car they have licensed, and hope that these sell. If they sell better than Binaltech did... Then they do not have to do a Binaltech/Binaltech Asterisk/Alternity set-up (which was done both pre- and post-merger).

Plus, also, Kibble... I do my research in hopes it help others. So if you want to act like you know me, then take the time to know me. Thanks. 8)
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432238)
Posted by Kibble on October 19th, 2012 @ 8:17pm CDT
From the little I've read of you, you like to argue and be long winded about it. I honestly didn't read half of what you just wrote. Not because I'm trying to be a dick or have a flippant reply, I'm just not that interested. Sorry.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432270)
Posted by KNM2012 on October 19th, 2012 @ 9:44pm CDT
Kibble wrote:From the little I've read of you, you like to argue and be long winded about it. I honestly didn't read half of what you just wrote. Not because I'm trying to be a dick or have a flippant reply, I'm just not that interested. Sorry.


It's all good. I'm just saying is that it is better to know the person and not how they appear to be. Ironically it is because that person might be more than meets the eye. ;)

And also, to be honest, I tend to be long-winded because I am used to writing a lot. I mean... A lot. That, and I hate arguing. Because 98% of the time, people ignore the fact that they do not know me... 1% not only does that, but also attack me for things that were not said. And the remaining 1% are the guys here. That 1% are cool in the end. 8)

Besides, to be honest, this topic is persuading me to seek out "Arms Micron" Wildrider. Because I am assuming that it will be a while until they put out a piece that will interest me. :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432283)
Posted by President-prime on October 19th, 2012 @ 10:28pm CDT
@robro: in case you missed the cue of my comment. I'm being sarcastic. I love Optimus prime but not that one percent you insinuated. Your lack of humor amazes me. And since we're on the topic, Takara and hasbro has been producing all sorts of figures the past few years. But repainting and reinventing a line or figure that sells do not make them any less good toy companies. Be patient. The next toy or toy line could be your other one percent or even .5 percent (toys you want but may not want to spend money on)
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432288)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on October 19th, 2012 @ 10:40pm CDT
I was saying that it's a missed opportunity because characters that could've been more interesting than a bunch of Optimus Prime repaints were shoved aside. You're right, licensing is expensive and time consuming. Evidently they made four characters that they wanted to make leading me to assume that that they could pretty much make most of the characters I listed. I'm sure that they could've remolded a head or two to give us a Bluestreak or Jazz instead of another Optimus Prime.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432300)
Posted by El Duque on October 19th, 2012 @ 11:08pm CDT
We have some good news and bad news about Takara Tomy's recently announced Super GT line. First the bad news, that image we posted this morning that claimed the Super GT Optimus Prime would receive Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron repaints was a fake according to Autobase Aichi. It was apparently a cut and paste job from the image mirrored below. Sorry about that, but it happens occasionally.

Image


Let move on to the good news, Star Saber and Fortress Maximus repaints are in works! The first three images come from the @ToYz80 twitter feed, and the third from the Takara Tomy facebook page. Based on the images Star Saber will receive a new head mold, while Fortress Maximus will be a straight repaint.

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432302)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 19th, 2012 @ 11:16pm CDT
Sutaa Seibaa!!!! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

And Fort Max too! :D :D :D :D
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432307)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on October 19th, 2012 @ 11:26pm CDT
Not sure if I can resist anything Star Saber related.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432310)
Posted by Super Megatron on October 19th, 2012 @ 11:48pm CDT
Yes! REAL Autobot leaders!
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432311)
Posted by roBROmanceFTW on October 19th, 2012 @ 11:54pm CDT
President-prime wrote:@robro: in case you missed the cue of my comment. I'm being sarcastic. I love Optimus prime but not that one percent you insinuated. Your lack of humor amazes me.


Trying to be sarcastic on a forum (without obvious cues) is like trying to find a black cat in a dark room when there is no cat present. In short, no one knows for sure if you are "sarcastic" without something like "/sarcasm." But I digress...
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432312)
Posted by President-prime on October 20th, 2012 @ 12:02am CDT
Ill try putting this :) up next time
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432325)
Posted by RodimalToyota on October 20th, 2012 @ 12:31am CDT
Damn it damn it damn it!

Just when I thought I was basically done with new items.
Damn you Takara and your GT inspired product that melts my wallet.

I wish someone there would ask if they were planning any other molds.
The GTR is my least favorite of the GTs... But... can't resist...
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432329)
Posted by KNM2012 on October 20th, 2012 @ 1:11am CDT
It is definite that Star Saber is going to be the one in blue. And that Optimus Prime (not Convoy) is going to be the one in red. But Fortress Maximus gets green? Call me conflicted on this one. However, I did say that if any I wanted were to pop up... I would get him.

Star Saber is confirmed, and he is one I definitely want on account that he is my favorite Supreme Commander. 8) Fortress Maximus is a maybe on account that I do like the shade of green used for him, but I need to see a better picture of him. :-? And Optimus Prime is a maybe on account that I like his partner/mascot and shade of red. :lol:

Sabrblade wrote:Sutaa Seibaa!!!! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:

And Fort Max too! :D :D :D :D

They appeased us, Sabrblade. ;)

But also, you call that a dance? This is what I did when I heard the news about Star Saber getting this kind of treatment. :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432333)
Posted by KNM2012 on October 20th, 2012 @ 1:54am CDT
RodimalToyota wrote:Damn it damn it damn it!

Just when I thought I was basically done with new items.
Damn you Takara and your GT inspired product that melts my wallet.

I wish someone there would ask if they were planning any other molds.
The GTR is my least favorite of the GTs... But... can't resist...


Heh... I feel for ya! I spent weeks seeking out my 12th Transformer (as I am buying what I feel willhave a long-term hold for me), and end up pre-ordering Fortress Maximus. Then I decide to go frugal and skip this line by deciding that I will pre-order "Arms Micron" Wildrider. And much like a bad horror movie monster, they do this. :sad:

I feel sad for my budget because they added one that is a definite, and another that is a maybe for me. :sad:
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432334)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 20th, 2012 @ 1:59am CDT
While I appreciate the new head, I do think Star Saber should be more white than blue and he needs to come with a sword. I just don't see Fort Max in that white and green scheme at all. Besides the fin is there any more retooling being done as the cars don't look like the original Alternity Prime at all; or it could just be me.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432342)
Posted by Manterax Prime on October 20th, 2012 @ 3:59am CDT
You expect me to believe the green and white prime is Fort Max?
Give him a new head. Then we'll talk.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432356)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on October 20th, 2012 @ 5:43am CDT
At first, I was "meh" on what appeared to be just a lazy repaint/retool of Alternity Optimus Prime. Ad a spoiler and stickers and we're done! I already have the original so why should I bother?

Then, the recent images show a completely different vehicle mode for the OP Alternity mold. Now THAT'S what I call heavy retooling.

I may not buy Optimus Prime, but I may just consider one of the other ones. Maybe Star Saber.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432359)
Posted by hinomars19 on October 20th, 2012 @ 6:20am CDT
Not sure if this means anything to anybody, but the image for the green one just says 'Maximus' no fortress.

I'm probably just picking at details, no doubt it's meant to be some kind of representation of the character, but wondered if it was important it's not EXACTLY being sold of as 'Fort Max.' At least in name. Who knows what the bio says ;)
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Figures: Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Toxitron (1432363)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on October 20th, 2012 @ 6:44am CDT
I wonder if they'll include a tiny fig of those anime race queens depicted on the back of the box? It might justify the price hike; just barely, though.

Click here to view an additional 16 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014