Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Takara Tomy Super GT Megatron

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Super GT Megatron

Monday, December 24th, 2012 9:51AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 28,856

Move over Autobots, the Decepticons are coming to Takara Tomy's Super GT Line! Well at least one of them is, and naturally it's Megatron. The CyberGundam Blog has posted new magazine scans that reveal Megatron and his Race Queen. The actual figure hasn't been revealed, just an illustration of Megatron using their retooled Alternity Optimus Prime mold and his black and purple clad Race Queen. Also pictured in the scans is Super GT Optimus Prime figure.

Takara Tomy Super GT Megatron

Takara Tomy Super GT Megatron

Takara Tomy Super GT Megatron
Credit(s): Cybergundam Blog
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Megatron (1448973)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 24th, 2012 @ 9:55am CST
:shock:

I wonder who to feel more sorry for: Megatron for using the body of his nemesis, or Optimus for having his body used by no more than 3 Decepticons now; Nemesis Prime, Motormaster and now Megatron.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Megatron (1448984)
Posted by Mindmaster on December 24th, 2012 @ 10:19am CST
It was only a matter of time...

His Race Queen is, well, gorgeous like the rest of 'em. =P~
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Megatron (1449012)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 24th, 2012 @ 12:20pm CST
So they're going to use the same mold for every single character? That's even more fail than the Alternity line. #-o
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Megatron (1449020)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 24th, 2012 @ 12:35pm CST
Excellent, yes. 8)
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Megatron (1449026)
Posted by RAcast on December 24th, 2012 @ 12:46pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Excellent, yes. 8)

Indeed yes, yeess, yeesssss. :PREDACON:
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Megatron (1449031)
Posted by Nyancatron on December 24th, 2012 @ 1:18pm CST
When I first saw Alternators, I said to myself, "Well... they're not perfect, but they're probably as good as a robot alt mode one can expect for having such a realistic vehicle mode".

Alternity seems no different to me than Alternators... just these really clunky, kibbley... things.
Really hard for me to get into them personally. As with Alternators, I never see me getting one.

Although... I'd like this all more if they come with the "racing queens" in the same way that Kiss Play did.
And the smart thing about them being racing queens too... you don't need them to pose much or be able to sit in the seats. Those women are pretty much there to do what they're doing in the promo images... Stand there and look pretty as the racers rev their engines.

Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Megatron (1449055)
Posted by hinomars19 on December 24th, 2012 @ 2:50pm CST
Nyancatron wrote:Still, I just see no reason for the bot modes, especially the lower leg areas, to be so haphazardly "who cares" in design.

Maybe because a robot that has realisticaly transformed from a car is bound to have car parts? Unlike TF prime show designs where all that mass just shifts into thin air? (sorry, subspace) :P

I love alternity, always have, but I do wish at least GT megs could've used a new mold...even a re-tool of his own original. Still big cannon=nice!

Nice lady figure too, good use of black and purple. Is she also villainous I wonder?
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Megatron (1449063)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 24th, 2012 @ 3:27pm CST
If he's a brand new mold, he might be worth getting. However, I wouldnt pay the over 100$ asking price.
That's more expensive than the goddamn MP Lambor!
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Megatron (1449078)
Posted by President-prime on December 24th, 2012 @ 5:07pm CST
That's true. Why didn't I buy lambor for eighty when I I preordered these guys for 114 each. Isnit because its prime and fortress maximus. or because i didnt think masterpiece sideswipe is a masterpiece. if it wss called alternity sideswipe, maybe ill bite. Them calling a masterpiece the size of a binaltech is hardly a binaltech. I was also disappointed of the mp10 too. Soo small! Gotta go back and pick up the original mps. Love the huge size
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Megatron (1449079)
Posted by President-prime on December 24th, 2012 @ 5:16pm CST
And not sure why many of you complain about the nibbles. This is what makes these transformers toys unique. Everything about the alternate mode is still there. Realistic vehicles will have these nibbles somewhere. In most of my robot posses, I stick out certain parts, ie shoulder pads, leg nibbles, weapons, front panels, wings, etc. , to make them more bulky. Strong, bulky robots are awesome. Isn't that the reason many of you bought city commanders trailers, add on kits, and extra accessoroes and weapons. What's worst, many of you bought kits that you have to take apart in alternate mode and you complain about a little kibble that is supposed to remain with the robots in any mode. I don't know but some of you are inconsistent in your kibble complaints. Just my thoughts
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Megatron (1449160)
Posted by guarayakha on December 25th, 2012 @ 3:34am CST
Nyancatron wrote:But then Masterpieces appeared on the scene, blowing that idea out of the water.

Eh, I wouldn't really say MPs blow Alts/BTs out of the water, considering MPs doesn't have the need to incorporate car interiors, working doors/hoods/boot and steering mechanism into their designs. Though the last few did sucked when they ditched those gimmicks.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Megatron (1449173)
Posted by Poyguimogul on December 25th, 2012 @ 7:15am CST
I've been working on a fan-fict for over 10 years, and this single release has altered it in so many ways. /excited!!
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Megatron (1449241)
Posted by KNM2012 on December 25th, 2012 @ 2:46pm CST
hinomars19 wrote:

Well said. ;)^ And TBH, I also like Alternity. Originally, I bought "Dai Atras" because I wanted a Dai Atlas for my collection. And reading up on the series, I ended up buying "Ultla Magnus" while wishing the other three were available on TFsource.

As for the Transformers GT line, I was also expecting them to use a different model for him. But assuming that the team he will represent uses the same model racer, this is pretty much understandable. However, I wonder if they pushed back Fortress (or was it Maximus?) so he can be a "wave 2" guy.

And even then... I will only give the big guy any sympathy is when they even use his body to make Bumblebee. ;)
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars