Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime

Transformers News: Takara Tomy  Super GT Optimus Prime

Monday, October 15th, 2012 8:18AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 19,988

Planet Iacon and Autobase Aichi bring us word of a possible new series of figures from Takara Tomy, Super GT Transformers. The first figure is a retooled version of Alternity Convoy dubbed Super GT Optimus Prime, however this figure does not appear to be part of the existing Alternity continuity. As previously stated, Super GT Optimus Prime is a repaint/retool of Alternity Convoy featuring a sponsor logos and a new rear spoiler. Check out the images mirrored below.

Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime

Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime
Credit(s): daimchoc, Autobase Aichi, Planet Iacon

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime (1430522)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on October 15th, 2012 @ 8:29am CDT
These guys should take a lesson from the main Classics lines and release these guys with a new head as a new character. It'd be a little lame, but if they did that I'd have probably bought this mold by now and added it to my Classics collection.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime (1430529)
Posted by RodimalToyota on October 15th, 2012 @ 8:54am CDT
I'm all over that! Never thought I'd see a GT TF based alt mode!
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime (1430531)
Posted by guarayakha on October 15th, 2012 @ 9:05am CDT
As much as I hated how they continue to milk the series, I must say the paintjob, added spoiler, sponsor decals are kinda cool. And from the character art it seems he got a facevisor too.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime (1430538)
Posted by Down_Shift on October 15th, 2012 @ 9:28am CDT
Looks sooooo rice!
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime (1430543)
Posted by Diem on October 15th, 2012 @ 9:47am CDT
Oh god another repa....WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?

Okay that is impossibly sexy. Bought on sight.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime (1430546)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on October 15th, 2012 @ 9:51am CDT
I think that the spoiler is neat, and I'm a bit anxious to see how that transforms in the robot mode.... But seriously.... This line has AMAZING potential, and all the figures look so good sitting there on the shelf, but this is NOT what we need. Seriously. We need new molds. Ironhide. Soundwave. Something. C'mon!!!!!
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime (1430565)
Posted by kirbenvost on October 15th, 2012 @ 10:44am CDT
Guys, it's God Ginrai, Alternity style! :lol:

I wonder when it will cease to surprise me that this line is still alive...
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime (1430566)
Posted by robotmel on October 15th, 2012 @ 10:44am CDT
:D
Glad to hear the Alternity line is coming back as I really loved the Alternators line (and their scale ;) ).
I have the black Nemesis Prime repaint, Megatron and Bumblebee but clearly scale wasnt a factor when creating them! Bumblebee is massive in comparison! :lol:

I would really like to get hold of any one of the Seekers and Cliffjumper but prices tend to be a little high now, most times between £40/£60+! :roll:

I can only assume this same mold with extra stickers will be around the £70-£80 mark to the U.K.? :-(
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime (1430567)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 15th, 2012 @ 10:49am CDT

This makes me wonder how the fiction will handle this guy. What if he's meant to represent the American iteration of the character and has Gratuitous English phrases put into his dialogue? ;)

Also, can anyone here translate what those images say?
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime (1430568)
Posted by Transformers Hoarder on October 15th, 2012 @ 10:51am CDT
I'll purchase this for sure.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime (1430569)
Posted by RodimalToyota on October 15th, 2012 @ 10:52am CDT
Is it wrong to want to put Optimus in the back of Optimus?
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime (1430570)
Posted by Transformers Hoarder on October 15th, 2012 @ 10:52am CDT
I picked up black convoy and was working on Convoy but I'll wait for this instead.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime (1430575)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on October 15th, 2012 @ 11:24am CDT
Am I the only one who thinks "Meh"? >:oP

Sure, it's real cool, but surely not *insert price here* cool. At least too me. I'll stick with my Alternity Convoy. :lol:
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime (1430578)
Posted by Diem on October 15th, 2012 @ 11:30am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The first Alternity toy to be identified as "Optimus Prime" instead of "Convoy".

Also, can anyone here translate what those images say?

The top image appears to be a survey. The lower image, per my rough, early-morning-at-work translation would be :

"Takara Tomy Boos (not sure, looks like "boost", or "goods" with a typo) is the debut of a new Transformer toy series "Transformer GT"! Japan's premier Motorsports company Super GT and Transformers are collaborating! This racing car transforms into a robot?! This new Boos series will be coming at you real soon (not sure about one of the kanji here)! Can you see all the details on this cool racing car? If you haven't heard of Super GT check it out!"
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime (1430582)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 15th, 2012 @ 11:45am CDT
So it's instead for a series called Transformers GT?
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime (1430585)
Posted by RodimalToyota on October 15th, 2012 @ 12:03pm CDT
If this a series, I just went broke before being broke.

If ONLY they would make some new cars, but make some legendary GT cars from the Day, like the Toyota GT-1, and Mazda 7B7.

Now that would be epic, make binaltech look like lamealtech.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime (1430604)
Posted by STngAR on October 15th, 2012 @ 12:37pm CDT
Never got into collecting the Alt, Blt, or Alternity line. Does look nice but just not nice enough for me to get. :MAXIMAL:
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime (1430610)
Posted by Diem on October 15th, 2012 @ 12:49pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:So it's instead for a series called Transformers GT?

I can either alleviate your desire for continuity or make it worse; there is not a single mention of the word Alternity on either of these images.
Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime (1430612)
Posted by Kibble on October 15th, 2012 @ 12:59pm CDT
gavinfuzzy wrote:Am I the only one who thinks "Meh"? >:oP

Nope...I find it an unoriginal and boring play. Feels like the movie fig treatment...Bumblebee, Alternate Race Stripe Bumblebee, Race Number Bumblebee, Nest Logo Bumblebee, Unexplicable Different Color Bumblebee, Black Hood Bumblebee, Lightning Decals Bumblebee, etc, etc.

Re: Takara Tomy Super GT Optimus Prime (1430616)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 15th, 2012 @ 1:16pm CDT
Kibble wrote:I'm glad I never bothered attempting to complete this so called line...can it even be considered a 'line' with only 4 molds?

The Hybrid Style line only had 2 molds: Galaxy Convoy and G1 Convoy.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Evac Deluxe Class Action Figure Universal Studios Exclusive Autobot - Time Remaining: 6 days 11 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers G1 IRONHIDE RATCHET RED CAP AND GUN ONLY  1984 FREE S/H - Time Remaining: 4 days 22 hours 38 minutes 43 seconds
2016 Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion 6 Figure Set Sealed - Time Remaining: 6 days 10 hours 30 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Titanium Series Diecast Rodimus Prime Action Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 50 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Thundercracker Masterpiece Toys R Us MISB - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 5 minutes 3 seconds
TRANSFORMERS - Platinum Edition - Grimlock Vs. Decepticon Bruticus masterpiece - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 35 minutes 48 seconds
Octane + MISSING TANKER CASE - 1986 Vintage Hasbro G1 Transformers Boeing 767 - Time Remaining: 5 days 36 minutes 50 seconds
TRANSFORMERS - First Edition OPTIMUS PRIME Vs. MEGATRON DVD - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 52 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive