Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime in the Works

Transformers News: Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime in the Works

Monday, August 12th, 2013 12:43PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 34,817

Yodobashi.com has put up a pre-order for a new Transformers FJ Optimus Prime from Takara Tomy. No image yet, but the figure is listed at ¥ 3,780 or around $40.00, and scheduled to release on September 28th. Details are nonexistent at the moment, but earlier this year at the Tokyo Toy show Takara Tomy showed off what appeared to be a remote controlled transforming FJ Cruiser which seems to fit the bill.

Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruise Optimus Prime in the Works

Additional images of the remote controlled transforming FJ Cruiser in robot mode from the Tokyo Toy Show courtesy of photobucket user MASABON1980:

Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruise Optimus Prime in the Works

Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruise Optimus Prime in the Works
Credit(s): Yodobashi.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime in the Works (1511338)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 12th, 2013 @ 12:48pm CDT
An FJ Optimus, that makes total sense. Alternity part 2 perhaps?
Re: Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime in the Works (1511341)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 12th, 2013 @ 12:52pm CDT

And if I didn't like this idea to begin with, the price tag certainly turns me off. [-(
Re: Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime in the Works (1511345)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on August 12th, 2013 @ 1:03pm CDT
$617.41? For that much cash it had better be the most posable figure ever made. It better be made of diecast metal. The paint better not chip or fade ever. It better be remote controlled for $617.41. If it doesn't print legal tender dependent on the country you're in for $617.41 Imma be pissed. It better cure cancer and diabetes. I'd better be able to plug my NES games into it and play them for that much money. It better have lines spoken by Peter Cullen and Peter Cullen better come to my apartment to re-record his lines or add new ones every three months for $617.41. For $617.41 this toy better let me travel through time and relative dimensions in space!
Re: Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime in the Works (1511346)
Posted by EagleTron on August 12th, 2013 @ 1:06pm CDT
It looks alrit. I can see a good toy coming from that vehicle but for that price it better be 3 feet tall with every gimmick meaning lights, sounds, perfect paint job, perfect possibility. It has to have the whole nine yards and even some stuff that's never been done before.
Re: Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime in the Works (1511349)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 12th, 2013 @ 1:19pm CDT
Bizarre cryptic listing is bizarre.
Re: Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime in the Works (1511352)
Posted by Dead Metal on August 12th, 2013 @ 1:24pm CDT
I seam to remember quite a few similar listings before, they all either got forgotten or you know turned out to be different or cheaper anyway.
Re: Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime in the Works (1511354)
Posted by TulioDude on August 12th, 2013 @ 1:27pm CDT
I think he going to be alternity/GT sized.
Re: Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime in the Works (1511355)
Posted by Craver2707 on August 12th, 2013 @ 1:29pm CDT
I checked the current exchange rate for 3780 yen... It's only about $40 US. Just makes you wonder about the scale of the figure.
Re: Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime in the Works (1511356)
Posted by Diem on August 12th, 2013 @ 1:32pm CDT
Yep, it's around $40 give or take. For reference my Alternity Bumblebee was 3,700 yen before taxes, bought from a Yodobashi Camera in Tokyo.
Re: Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime in the Works (1511358)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 12th, 2013 @ 1:34pm CDT
El Duque wrote:¥ 3,780 or around $617.41!
Wait, how did you get that dollar amount? Going by XE.com and Google, 3,780 yen = roughly $39.14 USD. :???:
Re: Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime in the Works (1511359)
Posted by Super Megatron on August 12th, 2013 @ 1:35pm CDT
Yay another Optimus toy.../s
Re: Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime in the Works (1511361)
Posted by GuyIncognito on August 12th, 2013 @ 1:43pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
El Duque wrote:¥ 3,780 or around $617.41!

Yeah, I think you did your conversion backwards, El Duque. $617.41 is almost ¥ 60,000.

If this is an Alternity figure, I'm getting it.
Re: Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime in the Works (1511364)
Posted by EagleTron on August 12th, 2013 @ 1:46pm CDT
Lol, I was thinking of the same thing to when I first saw that price and thought 40$ but Hey but that price mistake did have me going for a minute, lol. But it still looks like a good vehicle minus the not chrome rims.
Re: Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime in the Works (1511369)
Posted by El Duque on August 12th, 2013 @ 2:01pm CDT
Whoops, sorry about the price, and fixed.
Re: Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime in the Works (1511372)
Posted by EagleTron on August 12th, 2013 @ 2:11pm CDT
After thinking about this for a minute its turning out to be a good move for Takara coming out with a decent Masterpiece Optimus and that's what it should be. I didn't care to much for previous mp primes so if Takara needs a vehicle like this to come out with a super posable toys like Mp soundwave but with even better legs them I'm all in. If this is an Mp Prime then it is so so so bought on site. I'm hype that they went with another rolling whell vehicle and a nice one at that. Hold on give me a minute to breathe, I got to much good things to say :DANCE: :DANCE:
Re: Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime in the Works (1511401)
Posted by SkyWarpsGhost on August 12th, 2013 @ 4:18pm CDT
This is great news for me as I love licenced cars/vehicles in transformers. Binaltech/Altenators, Alternity/GT etc are my dreams come true as far as Transformers are concerned.
I'll be on it like a car bonnet :x
Re: Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime in the Works (1511433)
Posted by Neurie on August 12th, 2013 @ 6:53pm CDT
Would make a nice alt mode for a MP Brawn or Trailbreaker
Re: Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime in the Works (1511448)
Posted by El Duque on August 12th, 2013 @ 8:05pm CDT
Re: Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime in the Works (1511449)
Posted by hinomars19 on August 12th, 2013 @ 8:14pm CDT
El Duque wrote:Did a little additional research and Takara Tomy showed off a remote controlled transforming FJ Cruiser that turned into an Optimus Prime earlier at the Tokyo Toy fair. That's probably what this is, updated the news post.

GAH! You beat me to it whilst I was trying to find that same thing :P
Re: Takara Tomy Toyota FJ Cruiser Optimus Prime in the Works (1511465)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 12th, 2013 @ 9:00pm CDT
That looks terrible. The only reason Takara's making this an Optimus character is to actually sell some toys. If it was just some generic character, it wouldn't sell. OINO-Optimus in name only!

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem